Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo (4411 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:54am On Jul 12, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Lolu and his wife are good people tho
Thanks for the update ma'am
.... welcome sir
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2023
wanohi7899:
Thanks for the update
You're welcome....
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2023
Two days later, Peju called and communicated the fixed date to Imade and she noted it for compliance. On the day of the fasting, Lolu and his wife went over to the Geralds’ so the four can pray together. They also connected with Imade online and she joined them. It was 4:00pm USA time and 9:00pm in Nigeria. Imade who was supposed to break the fast by 6:00pm NGT decided to wait till the program is over.
The couples alongside Imade prayed for two good hours and round up by 6:00pm USA Time. Bradley and his wife thanked Imade so much after the prayer session.
“Peju is blessed to have a sister like you.” Bradley said to Imade. In Imade’s mind, she was like ‘thank God for Jesus’ If only they knew their past but all glory to God who gave them a new life because the old was nothing to write home about. The couple thanked Imade and then Peju spoke with her and told her to go and eat because she knew its late night in Nigeria. They really appreciate the extra effort she put into the fasting.
“We’ll talk later.” Lolu too said to her and they ended the online audio call.
Melly and her husband had prepared food to break the fast. Lolu doesn’t eat in people’s house, he can eat out when they go to restaurants or any other outing to hang out but he won’t eat a homemade food in anyone’s home but that very day, he had no choice, he ate that food to let them know that they are united in love. And Bradley and his wife were so happy that, for the first time, he ate in their house. Their little girl; Kelly was also with them. Lolu and his wife left after eating because their own kids are home alone with a care giver who happens to be a trusted church member of theirs but church member or no church member, time is money in America. They already gave the lady their words that they will be back before 8:00pm.
In Nigeria, Yomade had made dinner while the prayer session was going on. When he realized Imade is done with the prayer, he handed her a warm glass of milk. She smiled and thanked him. Then afterwards Yomade informed her that the table is set and so they ate dinner late that night.

A month to the ordination, the couple, Mr. and Mrs. Yomade Adedeji had started preparations and they also informed their close family members as well so that they won’t be surprised when they eventually find out about it. The couple had already planned not to invite anyone, they didn’t see it as something that needed to be celebrated. That office is a calling and it comes with its own responsibility but some of their close relative insisted that they will attend the ordination and that includes Tobi and his wife, their baby; Nathan is three months old now.
Yomade was in his office, working on the system, it was few minutes to lunch hour and he was trying to quickly round up what he was doing on the system because he was already famished. He hasn’t leave his seat ever since he resumed work that morning and has been glued to the computer. He checked his time, he has five minutes left, and then his phone rang.
His eyes shone when he saw the caller ID, it was his cousin. He had to do a re-think before picking up the call because he couldn’t remember the last time they spoke ever since she was done with her therapy and left Lagos for Port Harcourt. She wanted to be left alone and everyone respected her wish.
“Hello.” She said immediately the line connected.
“Sarah! What a surprise.” He wasn’t smiling.
“I’m in Lagos.”
“Okay…..” Yomade did not know what to make out of that information, so he was waiting for her to continue.
“I’ll crash at your place till I get an accommodation.” She revealed. Yomade got destabilized immediately. ‘Crash what? Did she even know what she’s asking for? This is 2023 and I am no longer single. I’m married for crying out loud.’ This were the thoughts going on in Yomade’s head and because of this he lost concentration and couldn’t reply her immediately.
“Yomade….” Her voice brought him back to reality.
“You know that is not possible. You can stay at my parents’ instead.” Yomade suggested
“It’s far to my work place and you know that.”
“Don’t tell me you’ve been transferred to Lagos.”
“Yes and I’m resuming next week.”
“Sarah, you can’t stay at my place. You and I know that.”
“You and I?” She tackled.
“Oh! You need me to remind you that I am married right and that you and I have history.”
“Is that not a thing of the past? Do we need to dig that up?” Sarah countered.
“Sarah, I can’t accommodate you, even a child should know better. Are you even thinking at all?”
“So you want me stranded.”
“I already told you, stay at my parents’ till you fix your own accommodation and if you don’t want that, there are hundreds of hotel in Lagos.” Yomade pointed out.
“Okay.” She replied.
“Hello!!!” Yomade said repeatedly only to discover that she had ended the call. He breathed out heavily. It was already lunch hour but after the phone call, the hunger had disappeared.

On Saturday morning, Yomade and his wife did the cleaning of the entire house and went back into their bedroom which was a master bedroom. And they took their bath together. Afterwards they left the room for the dining to take breakfast. Yomade had already prepared moinmoin the previous night. So his wife just went into the kitchen to prepare pap which was ready in less than ten minutes. She dished the food and they both settled at the dining to eat. By the way, they both love that particular food especially Imade. While they were busy enjoying their pap and moinmoin, the doorbell rang, the couple looked at each other, it’s past ten in the morning but they weren’t expecting anyone.
“I’ll get it.” Yomade offered. He stood up to get the door. He opened and standing before her in flesh and blood was Sarah with two-piece travel luggage sets standing next to her.” He stepped out and shut the door behind him.
“How on earth did you know my house and what are you even doing here? With these.” He said pointing to the luggage.
“Where are your manners Yomade? Can’t we do this questioning inside?”
“O, now you want to give me lectures on manner. That same manner should have taught you that you don’t just show up at people’s doorsteps unannounced.” He lashed at her.
“I called few days ago, did you suddenly develop amnesia.” Sarah lashed back.
“Seriously!” He cocked his head, taken aback by her last statement. “Wow!”
“Yes, wow!” She gave him a condescending look.
“You know why I’m wowed? It’s the audacity for me.”
While they were at it, Imade had to leave the dining, she was like ‘What’s taking Yomade so long?’ Fine, she knew someone was at the door and she heard distant voices which shows her husband is actually talking with the person at the door. She left her food and went for the door, she was about to open the door but the door flew open from outside and someone bumped into her. She almost lost her balance but by the time she was stabilized and look up, she was shocked at who was standing in front of her. She watched as she pulled her luggage in.
“Sarah!”
“Hello wifey!” She waved at Imade, giving her a mischievous smile which was not hidden and very easy for Imade to read. Yomade was now standing behind Sarah. Imade wanted to close the door that was ajar.
“Don’t close that door. She’s leaving.” Yomade said to his wife.
“Of course. I’m not.” Sarah countered.
“Of course you are.”
“How dare you barge into my home without my consent?”
“I called to inform you Yomade.” Then Sarah turned to the wife. “Did he have amnesia?”
“The only person suffering from amnesia here, is you Sarah.”
“Imade!” Sarah shouted. She was shocked at the reply Imade gave her.
“Oh! Correct me if I’m wrong. You brought in luggage to the house of a man you had history with. Also, without his consent. What exactly is your plan Sarah and what do you intend to achieve with all these?”
“I love your question. I think you are more sensible than him.”
“You are senseless for saying that to him in my presence Sarah. He may be your cousin but he is my husband.”
“Oh! Here comes the good wife.” She clapped. “And a defending one at that.” Sarah mocked.
“Sarah, why are you here?” Imade asked firmly.
“I already told your husband. Didn’t he tell you?”
“Of course he did but he didn’t consent to it, at least you heard him.” Imade lied to cover up her husband because Yomade never mentioned it to her.
“You guys should calm down and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. I’ll leave once my accommodation is fixed.”
“And when will that be?” Imade asked.
“Sweetheart, she’s not staying.” Yomade said to his wife. Imade turned to him sharply.
“Let her answer the question.”
“Okay…..maybe in a week.” Sarah replied Imade.
“For the sake of old time. I will drive you to a hotel and pay for that one week.”
“Ever caring Imade, heart you sis.” Sarah said making a love shape with her fingers. Then she looked from husband to wife, then back to the wife. “No! Thanks.”
She walked pass them dragging the travel bags and sat on the chair in the sitting room with her legs crossed. She was putting on a micro skirt so all her glowing fresh laps were out for the couple to feed their eyes with.
“Imade, we need to do something. Sarah has a mission.” He whispered to his wife. Imade was about to reply her husband but Sarah spoke up.
“By the way Imade, how is Uncle Lolu? I heard about his feats in the US. I wasn’t shocked anyway. Uncle Lolu is a genius but….. How I wish the whole world actually know who he really is.”
“Sarah!” Imade screamed.
“What did I do?” Sarah questioned her, carrying an innocent look.
“Sarah that man loved you like his own sister.” Imade pointed out.
“Oh, don’t give me that. Everything was all for you.”
“Now she has added blackmail to whatever mission she is here to execute.” Yomade whispered again to his wife.
“I can see she has gone nut.” She replied her husband.
Yomade took his wife’s hand and led her to their bedroom. Immediately they close the door behind them, Imade threw at him.
“She called you and you never told me! Yomade when did that start?”
“Imade, I’m sorry. I just feel it is not necessary since I told her she can’t crash here till she get an accommodation. I even suggested my parents’ place.”
“What exactly did she tell you?”
“She said she has been transferred to Lagos.”
“And you believe her?”
“Of course not. It’s obvious she had it all planned out.”
“So she worked her transfer back here just to be in your face.”
“Imade, I never knew she hasn’t moved on.”
“Even after the therapy!”
“What are we going to do now?” Yomade asked.
“Are you still asking me? Let’s involve the police. She needs a restraining order.”
“Restraining order! Don’t you hear her threats? She is ready to blackmail us.”
“What blackmail. Did I kill someone?”
“Sweetheart, Uncle Lolu…..s” He pointed out and Imade fell on her butt on the bed. “Sarah is ready for a dirty fight and Uncle Lolu’s pedigree is at stake.” Yomade analyzed.
“I am doing this for Uncle Lolu’s sake. I wouldn’t have cared if she dragged my name in the mud.” She stood up and her husband took her hand and they left the room. The couple stood in front of Sarah.
“Sarah, one week. That is all we can take.” Yomade stated.
“Okay.” Sarah replied and Imade spoke up.
“My Spirit is telling me that I’m making a mistake by keeping you in my matrimonial home.”
“Oh, but what choice do you have.” Sarah sneered.
“You seriously think I have no choice.” Imade faced her headlong.
“Do you? Answer me Imade.” Sarah stood up face to face with her.
Yomade held his wife shoulder and squeezed it gently. “Babe, calm down.” He said and Sarah’s scoffed.
“Who is showing me to my room?” Sarah asked giving the couple a condescending look. Imade feigned a smile and shook her head slowly.
“This way.” She said and Sarah followed her.

Thank you all for reading, this is where the free part stops as mentioned from the beginning.
The complete story is available on okadabooks.
Click on the link to download the app.

https:///okb-app-download

My contact:
Facebook: @toyinfst
You can chat me up via Facebook messenger.
Thanks.
God bless you.
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by bamota7783: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2023
You
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by yokix72206: 1:30am On Jul 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by fomim24316: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Ohh
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by Solomonakindoyin(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Hello @rachealfst.

I made payment for refilling to complete this wonderful piece about two weeks ago. But got no refill.

I have emailed Okada books and message them on Twitter but I got no response. I have called all four lines for customer service.
Only their Airtel line is going through but no one is picking up

I have made payments and got refills in the past but this sudden no response I'm getting from Okada Books is frustrating.

Kindly help me out. If there are other means to get the book let me know.

Thank you.
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2023
Solomonakindoyin:
Hello @rachealfst.

I made payment for refilling to complete this wonderful piece about two weeks ago. But got no refill.

I have emailed Okada books and message them on Twitter but I got no response. I have called all four lines for customer service.
Only their Airtel line is going through but no one is picking up

I have made payments and got refills in the past but this sudden no response I'm getting from Okada Books is frustrating.

Kindly help me out. If there are other means to get the book let me know.

Thank you.
This has been sorted. So sorry for the inconvenience.

@everyone,
Please once you pay and fill the refill form, just reach out to me. So has to hasten the refill.
Facebook: @toyinfst

Thanks
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by Tarokboy: 7:16am On Aug 25, 2023
Good read.
rachealfst:
Invite:
Dailyhappenings 100smile Modesite pauliuv Idaraobong5 enifomeogba AdiscoPele Tarokboy Onomefavy123 ChocolateAnon synw Vidamia aylahome bookwizard kingofcasting dawno2008 Maka91
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:55am On Jan 22
Tarokboy:

Good read.
Thank you. God bless you.
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:07pm On Jan 22
You can now get the PDF copy of my books @12Thrones online Bookstore using this link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555074406353

Thanks.
God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blood On Satin Sheets (A Novella) / My Name Is Obum: A Sad Story / Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.