Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,770 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme (32310 Views)

Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
WHY ARE THERE NO COMMENT?, WHAT A CONDITION INDEED.

2 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by aktolly54(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Will student be able to access loan for school fee and house rent for 4years? Will the money be loaning every year or na only one time loan?

Any one with useful info should enlighten me

3 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by femtex007(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ff
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Frank688915: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Hmmmm

I be dey reason say no student go pay the loan back

But as I see the conditions to apply

Keep quiet omo ibo, Asiwaju is ahead of una, you think na your fraud obi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Praxis758: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Food for politicians.

Just wait and see how this will become another avenue for looting and self enrichment.

And how will those who travel out of the country after graduation pay back?

4 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Danymighty31: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
Pampay debtors will not welcome this development

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Cregon: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
great
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Kukutenla: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
I don't get
The bill was passed in November 2022 and just getting assent in May 2023?
I thought the timeline for assent is 30 days
Fergie001

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Obaman12: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
There's problem with the guarantors form ooh, why must it go through the office of the VC?

Isn't that not going to prolong the loan application process?

2 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by OlujobaSamuel: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nice one, however I have issues with the guarantor requirement, we have NIN, BVN and also the student certificate at the end of the prog, that should be used as a form of collateral instead of guarantor.
Considering guarantor liability, an average Nigerian might not feel the urge to be committed enough since he knows guarantor bears the cost in event of default.
I have a friend that lost all because he stood as a guarantor to a friend close enough to be his bestman, yet the friend betrayed him and left the country.

3 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Parachoko: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
wunmi590:
cool

Good development, I see student affairs only approving their family and friends application to move to final stage where it will be disbursed...
No b free money

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by wunmi590(m): 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
Parachoko:
No b free money

It is not free, any money given to them will be paid back in FULL...

If you check well anybody who collected loan from NIRSAL won't be eligible, I've some people who have enjoyed the NIRSAL loan, and have not paid back till now...

FG is watching them, the day they will start on them, it will be like dream...

2 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Parachoko: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
IbroMaka:
Why dem no specify highest amount that can be borrowed
Which Government school they charge the highest amount?

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Ventura1: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
They will probably request for the parents details via BVN or NIN to determine if indeed they are disadvantage.
wunmi590:
cool

Good development, I see student affairs only approving their family and friends application to move to final stage where it will be disbursed...

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Kellyewoma: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
Make sense. But what if the person doesn't have job after two years of Graduation, how will the person pay back. Getting Job in Nigeria after school is just by God's Grace,
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
princeade86:
Good. So how is it be of help to commoners? Like someone mama selling petty things, where will d person get level 12 workers to process the loan. At the end, it will favor rich people as well. Business for the lecturers or anyone in the institution that will approve or sign for u to access the loan because they may demand from u.

Exactly my thoughts. How will the poor boy whose mother sells Akara on the streets get a level 12 worker or over 10 years working lawyer. Money to bribe lecturers

4 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Edusouls(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nigerians one thing the southwestners have is intelligence nature naturally bestowed it on them, tinubu is one hell of an intelligent man, right from birth

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by princeade86(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
NewSoul:

Exactly my thoughts. How will the poor boy whose mother sells Akara on the streets get a level 12 worker or over 10 years working lawyer. Money to bribe lecturers
nothing favor masses let be sincere. It shouldn't get to that level since is student loan.

2 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Ventura1: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Guarantors are there
Praxis758:
Food for politicians.

Just wait and see how this will become another avenue for looting and self enrichment.

And how will those who travel out of the country after graduation pay back?
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by wunmi590(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ventura1:
They will probably request for the parents details via BVN or NIN to determine if indeed they are disadvantage.

Sure, I read they are only giving to the student, whose parent annual salary is less than 500k a year
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Sheriman(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
How dey won tackle huge unemployment amongst the Nigeria university and polytechnic graduates
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by tnerro1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Just to remind you guys, Buhari wasted 8 years…….chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
wunmi590:
cool

That's the problem I'm seeing now... The main corruption will be at the student affairs department of the various institutions... They'll start approving for their kins while collecting bribe from others

If possible, a special section should be carved out of EFCC for them, with minimum of 2years imprisonment... That special section should have their head office in UNN or IMSU, e get why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by SavageResponse(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
wunmi590:
cool

The usual Nigeria corruption
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by emmy512: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
The guarantor part isn't right.

A lawyer maybe that would get 5 to 10 percent of the total loan and act as surety .

Will create job opportunities for lawyers
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by GeneralPula: 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
princeade86:
Good. So how is it be of help to commoners? [b]Like someone mama selling petty things, where will d person get level 12 workers to process the loan. [/b]At the end, it will favor rich people as well. Business for the lecturers or anyone in the institution that will approve or sign for u to access the loan because they may demand from u.
When they started getting it, you’ll see..
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by SavageResponse(m): 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
princeade86:
Good. So how is it be of help to commoners? Like someone mama selling petty things, where will d person get level 12 workers to process the loan. At the end, it will favor rich people as well. Business for the lecturers or anyone in the institution that will approve or sign for u to access the loan because they may demand from u.

Oya suggest a better method for screening

2 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Gips: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thats Leadership... Keep it on... God is ur Strength PBAT... Am sure Obidient wont like this...

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Naija4love(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
wunmi590:

Sure, I read they are only giving to the student, whose parent annual salary is less than 500k a year
where did you see this information. All in the bill is up there for you to understand don’t follow blood news
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Raf4: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Hmmmm

I be dey reason say no student go pay the loan back

But as I see the conditions to apply he sure say them nor born the students well make he or she nor pay back

I shock you abi

I thought you were always seeing failure and disaster.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Menclothing: 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
wunmi590:
cool

If this happen that’s not the fault of the president

Let Nigeria enjoy the good we enjoy in Lagos many more
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Dennisbulkan: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
akingangan:
The Guarantor requirement should be removed

Government should be the guarantor so no need for such
If the employer will deduct 10 percent then there is no need

One of them serial debtor. Ole buruku looking for loophole cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? / Awin International Schools, Uyo: Sexual Abuse Rocks Akwa Ibom School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.