Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme (32366 Views)

Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by lordm(m): 7:36am On Jun 13, 2023
akingangan:
The Guarantor requirement should be removed

Government should be the guarantor so no need for such
If the employer will deduct 10 percent then there is no need
its like you don't know Nigerians
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by harqinhola(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2023
IbroMaka:
Why dem no specify highest amount that can be borrowed

Read the instructions, the payment is only to cover your school fees not given to you directly .
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by princeade86(m): 7:39am On Jun 13, 2023
usibengate:

Did you read through the 3rd clause on how to apply for the loan?

"Each guarantor must submit two passport photographs, name of the employer and evidence of being so employed by the named organisation."

I believe every informed and knowledgeable potential guarantor (lecturer) will not want to get involve, with regard to standing as guarantor for someone he/she doesn't know better. Remember payback is not immediate, 2 years after NYSC. You as a lecturer after collecting sorting to stand for a defiant students, upon graduating from the school, the lecturer is at the mercy of the students. Hence, he/she will have to provide the student else will pay the loan as guarantor.

So be careful who you stand for, we Nigerians are not trust worthy and have fraudulent tendencies.
it means it will be very hard to see lecturers standing for u because they knew it takes many graduate even 5 years to get a job. Some graduate even gave up looking for job. So it means is d lecturer that will pay at d end.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 13, 2023
princeade86:
Good. So how is it be of help to commoners? Like someone mama selling petty things, where will d person get level 12 workers to process the loan. At the end, it will favor rich people as well. Business for the lecturers or anyone in the institution that will approve or sign for u to access the loan because they may demand from u.

My bro, I was shocked at the conditions. This people know what they are doing.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by princeade86(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2023
Daguga:

even no lecturer can stand for students because they knew job not easy to get after graduating.

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by wunmi590(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2023
barkays001:
There is a need to expose those that try to truncate or downgrade this important program from the government of the day.

I pray they are exposed and severely dealt with...
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Love800(m): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2023
Wat of noun students, are they allowed too?

I mean open university?
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Greattha: 8:35am On Jun 13, 2023
All these buffoons crying that opposition shouldn't go near the loans....

Na una papa money? Is opposition a crime? Ani y'all didn't benefit when y'all were opposition yourselves?

Why are these set of people so dumb?

Unfortunately, most of you wailing cannot qualify for the loans.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by lolu2019: 8:36am On Jun 13, 2023
Daguga:

the conditions are not hard.try and make friends with civil servants around u.especially teachers or go back to ur secondary or primary schools to help u.i mean public schools.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2023
lolu2019:
the conditions are not hard.try and make friends with civil servants around u.especially teachers or go back to ur secondary or primary schools to help u.i mean public schools.

You are funny, hope you know the extent of friendship and relationship you may need to have with someone before most of them can stand on your behalf. Dey play.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by tobby20: 8:59am On Jun 13, 2023
I hope I can now graduate in Lasu
But how can I start
How fast can it get
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by ozijay: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2023
U Should access the loan without any guarantor so long as you NIGERIAN citizen. All this lie lie pretense help wey no go fit reach common people.
nlfpmod:

https://thenationonlineng.net/quick-steps-for-nigerian-students-to-access-loan-scheme/
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by chatinent: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2023
This is a good way to encourage education.

More credit systems too...so that we can access credit cards and help those who the hype of car purchases have made fraudulent. At least, that will decrease...making the proletariat and the peasants access luxuries at their reach...according to political Marxism.

Meanwhile, I just hope students won't need connection to access these loans..cos these policies are also meant to discourage those in desperate need who don't have people in higher places.

The school management will politicize these loans on who can bribe faster with a percentage from the loan when they approve it. Na Naija we dey
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Bosch10(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2023
With all these yeye conditions,no poor student can take up such loan.I am a student,I haven't borrowed any loan from any app before,but that guarantor condition,if you are honest with yourself,you will know the policy is like holding bread on one hand and cane on the other hand.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by aktolly54(m): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2023
brownemmanuel43:

Interesting question sir
I hear you can borrow up to 5m but it's better they should allow student pay the school fee for 100l - 400l because some people go use the money ball (enter club) or use am do business that will not survive Nigeria economy
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Osashalom: 10:25am On Jun 13, 2023
wunmi590:
cool

Good development, I see student affairs only approving their family and friends application to move to final stage where it will be disbursed...
Exactly my thoughts... The SUG, VC and students affairs department involvement in the process, call for serious concerns knowing how corruption his eating deep into Nigeria
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Emeka71(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Sunshine34:
Palmpay and Opay defaulters are u there, some section of the country too enjoy developing another country, it is well Sha, Obidient too should not go near the loan, otherwise we will invoke obatala on u people, because u cannot eat where you didn't sow.

FTC for the first time. Abeg send my gift Mr SEUN
How about ICAN students?
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by JasonScoolari: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

Fg isn't going to transfer funds into anybody account. It's going to the school account!!
Always defending rubbish as usual.

White garment shepherd's have really used their third legs to mess with all their female members brain.

2 Likes

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by lolu2019: 10:53am On Jun 13, 2023
Daguga:

You are funny, hope you know the extent of friendship and relationship you may need to have with someone before most of them can stand on your behalf. Dey play.
just be a good boy in the community.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by wunmi590(m): 11:01am On Jun 13, 2023
Osashalom:

Exactly my thoughts... The SUG, VC and students affairs department involvement in the process, call for serious concerns knowing how corruption his eating deep into Nigeria

Honestly, I pray it favours the real people that needs the loan...

1 Like

Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 13, 2023
lolu2019:
just be a good boy in the community.

Dey play grin
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by lolu2019: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2023
Daguga:

Dey play grin
I am talking from experience.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by xjiggy: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2023
akingangan:

Then the government pays.
Even in the US, government doesn't pay your student loans. We should learn to pay back loans so others can have access to the funds in future
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
Omo... The conditions are too much and discouraging. Anyway still better than nothing. But it shouldn't be anoda avenue for our polithiefians to embezzle billions

God bless Nigeria
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by toprealman: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
1. Any beneficiary of the loan shall commence repayment two years after completion of NYSC
How many Nigerian graduates are employed post- 2 years from NYSC?
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by princeemmma(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
wunmi590:
cool

Good development, I see student affairs only approving their family and friends application to move to final stage where it will be disbursed...

But the point is that, how do you repay if you don't get a job?

Will the government get you a job too?
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by princeemmma(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2023
akingangan:
The Guarantor requirement should be removed

Government should be the guarantor so no need for such
If the employer will deduct 10 percent then there is no need

which employer are you talking about?
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by kwaso2: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Few thoughts on this loan:

1). Where do I get a senior civil servants to sign for me? In this country where nobody trust anybody with money

2). Will the signing authorities like the VC and co not make life hard for applicants as it's norm in today's Nigeria

3). What happens if I don't get a job after 2years post NYSC? Will the government hire me to enable me repay my loan
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by wunmi590(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
princeemmma:

But the point is that, how do you repay if you don't get a job?

Will the government get you a job too?

Lol, government can't give a job, except you are lucky to scale through some of their open recruitment...

As for the pay back, once you get a job, you will be deducted accordingly from your employer back to the government coffer
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by Slymontee: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
IbroMaka:
Why dem no specify highest amount that can be borrowed
Not perfect. Says repayment starts 2 yrs after NYSC and deduction is from source as the beneficiary starts earning salary. This people are not in touch with reality. How many Nigerians get job 2 years after graduation? This bill I like putting the cart b4 d horse. Create jobs first, open up the economy to absorb those with certificates and skills already b4 encouraging more pple to go to school. It's like person dey for desert, and u are paying swimming coaches to train him in the desert. Na water e go swim? Many public universities lack basic infrastructure, no industrial collaboration with varsities in the training of students, all the govt cares abt is scattering low class universities everywhere and churning out half baked, half lettered, unskilled laborers without any labor market. Today I lent a department 7 plain sheets to print mail cos the HOD got tired of using his salary to run d department. These institutions are not funded. Often times students take pity and support. For instance, I have borrowed generator from the Students' association to teach cos I needed to use projector so they would see the images I needed to explain instead of asking them to imagine it. Our leaders are have seriously neglected tertiary institutions, especially learning/teaching tools and staff welfare. Unfortunately, our youths support them, just because of a few bad lecturers they encountered or due to an ungly experience in skul. While I appreciate the possible gains of the students loan, I think what is more urgent is learning tools/labs and staff welfare/motivation. We have been on d same salary since 2009. Civil servants recently got 40% increase wt arrears, ASUU was excluded till date. 8 months salary withheld cos they went on strike. Yet the reasons for their going on strike none has been addressed by FG, namely unpaid allowances already worked for, review of salary, funding of varsities. ASUU never backed down on negotiation, it was Buhari led FG that was adamant and nonchalant thereby prolonging the strike unnecessarily. Now the strike is over, 8 months gone u have not addressed any of the issues that led to d strike, u withheld their 8 months salary not minding that d strike didn't affect other duties of the lecturers like research, PG supervision, call/clinical duties by Veterinary doctors, etc. You licenced more universities, U are now giving loans to students to go do what in a frustrating environment? Where d seat, ceiling, research bench, AC, etc and other materials needed by students we suppliment from what is left of a salary u ve refused to review. The reward of good lecturers are really in heaven. We leave everything to God Almighty.
Re: Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme by princeemmma(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2023
wunmi590:

Lol, government can't give a job, except you are lucky to scale through some of their open recruitment...

As for the pay back, once you get a job, you will be deducted accordingly from your employer back to the government coffer

so the loan is not even different from other loan, why would i acquire a loan to study, when job opportunity is not secured yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LUTH Medical School Female Hostel Idi Araba, Lagos (Pictures) / Some Nigerian Courses And Their Type Of Student / FUTA Expels Six Students Who Attacked A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.