Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef (24347 Views)

AbdulHakeem: Appointed Board Chairman By Buhari In May, Sacked By Tinubu In June / The Moment Buhari Signed ₦17.127 Trillion 2022 Budget Into Law (Photos) / El-rufa’i Has 83 Certificates From Havard – AbdulHakeem Mustapha SAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Brushstrokes20: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it undecided👀

What the lifeless scammer cannot destroy does not exist!
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by REALretep(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2023
Senioreddy:
The NDIC is an affiliate of the CBN and as such is not out of place for the CBN governor to appoint the DG of the NDIC. This is because the CBN is Apex bank responsible for the supervision of financial institutions in the country

This doesn't in anyway undermine the presidency
NDIC is not an affiliate of CBN. I don't know where you got this notion from. I understand that this doesn't undermine the presidency but let's base our statements on facts and truths please.
NDIC is an insurance company, not a bank. CBN has no business regulating an insurance company or even recommending the head of the organization.
NAICOM is the government agency responsible for insurance business sef.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Resurrection212:
undecided Buhari will just be shaking his head at home now
Buhahaha 😄
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by 1nairato1dollar: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2023
AntiChristian:
May Allah bless and guide this man!

I watched the video of the expositions yesterday!
It was really eye opening and I'm not really flabbergasted. Many evils were being perpetrated by some sets of cabals almost everywhere!

Even among we masses, cabal plenty!
l
This is one quality of a good Muslim.

Allah says “Help you one another in Al-Birr & At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah, verily Allah is Severe in punishment”. (Al-Maaidah 5:2).

May Allah expose & crush all evil people/cabals in government and among us the governed!
Abdulhakeem abdulateef b
headsla!mmer.religion doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2023
tommy589:
Watch the video to hear the narratives of how it was doctored.

NDIC Bill passed by National Assembly was different from what was consented by the President
What was the job of the Special Adviser NASS matters?
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by kmaster007: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2023
Buhari way just dey sign anything they present for him
Ofunaofu:

Thank you for this.

I think there's a deliberate campaign to finish off Emefiele. But, one must understand that Emefiele never acted alone. He got approvals from the president and until the Buhari is arrested and prosecuted, all these will be regarded as political vendetta

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by AntiChristian: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2023
Keep mute!

When some people are shooting in the North you are quick to call them Muslims!
But when Muslims are doing well you say we shouldn't call them Muslims!

1nairato1dollar:
Abdulhakeem abdulateef b
headsla!mmer.religion doesn't matter

Die in your rage!
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2023
Ijaya123:

When Dasuki was arrested and was being prosecuted, I didn’t hear your say GEJ must be arrested too. Or Dasuki acted without approval from the president back then?

There’s nothing to go back to in your post. It was very clear. You’re just an hypocrite.

Una go wail tire.
But why is it an abomination to prosecute a former president for wrongdoing while in office in this country?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:52am On Jun 13, 2023
wallrichy:
Lol, u want them to arrest a dead and gone corpse? Buhari knows nothing and wouldn't be much of any usefulness if brought to questioning. Buhari is like a stone. Even while in office, he was a caricature of an effigy. His cows would do better in answering Moo than Buhari answering how he collapsed this country by signing anything signable and also opening Treasury vaults through Gorilla Emefiele.....Buhari has a lot to answer but for respect sake as a formal president and for allowing peaceful changeover just like Jonathan......he would be alluded the grace to go and sin no more......just like Jonathan was forgiven by Buhari.....even it's accepted now that both were idiots and robbers in Power ....

But my question is, why would it be an abomination to prosecute a former president for his wrongdoing while in office in this country?

How do you fight corruption when you turn blind eyes to the custodians of the law who themselves ran foul of the law? How do you deter others who may want to tow same line?

You see this right here is the reason why Nigeria can never get it right. There's too much dirt hidden under the carpet.

Imagine buhari wailing all over the place about subsidy been a scam, only for him to become president and continued same for 8yrs..
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by sholay4star: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2023
mayo47:
But why is the chairman making a video? He should know how to make complaints about this to the right office

The right office will be CBN, no other office, he's meant and empowered to be independent in his work without having all these new laws they quickly passed, he is accountable to the public I think that's the reason why he made the video and it went viral so quickly

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2023
Ijaya123:

When Dasuki was arrested and was being prosecuted, I didn’t hear your say GEJ must be arrested too. Or Dasuki acted without approval from the president back then?

There’s nothing to go back to in your post. It was very clear. You’re just an hypocrite.

Una go wail tire.

Are you asking me? 😄😄😄
Yes I'm asking you because you seem to have personally imbibed the practice as a norm.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by xtreemk: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2023
Senioreddy:
The NDIC is an affiliate of the CBN and as such is not out of place for the CBN governor to appoint the DG of the NDIC. This is because the CBN is Apex bank responsible for the supervision of financial institutions in the country

Stupidity at its peak.. and that's why you think is normal to remove elected presidential power and gives it to a coward who sold our economy to the west.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by MountHoreb: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2023
This is what you get when people elect colossal failures as leaders based on tribe and religion.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by AareGaa: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Thank you for this.

I think there's a deliberate campaign to finish off Emefiele. But, one must understand that Emefiele never acted alone. He got approvals from the president and until the Buhari is arrested and prosecuted, all these will be regarded as political vendetta

Ibos ruined Jonathan government.
I hope Jagaban won't allow them
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Deepthoughts: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2023
TheRareGem1:
[/b]There was an omission' -- NDIC chair says Buhari signed 'wrong' bill reenacting agency's role[b]

https://www.thecable.ng/there-was-an-omission-ndic-chair-says-buhari-signed-wrong-bill-reenacting-agencys-role/amp
see as they were just dribbling mumu buhari upandan.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by drololaaof: 10:22am On Jun 13, 2023
TheRareGem1:
[/b]There was an omission' -- NDIC chair says Buhari signed 'wrong' bill reenacting agency's role[b]

https://www.thecable.ng/there-was-an-omission-ndic-chair-says-buhari-signed-wrong-bill-reenacting-agencys-role/amp
Heeen so you are asleep or in slumber since the wrong bill was signed by Buhari? You did not rise up then to complain . Weldone
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by thedio(m): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Thank you for this.

Just like the way Jonathan was arrested during Olisa Metuh trial
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Senioreddy: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2023
REALretep:
NDIC is not an affiliate of CBN. I don't know where you got this notion from. I understand that this doesn't undermine the presidency but let's base our statements on facts and truths please.
NDIC is an insurance company, not a bank. CBN has no business regulating an insurance company or even recommending the head of the organization.
NAICOM is the government agency responsible for insurance business sef.

Ok noted.
Correction taken as well sir/ma.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by WantsandMore: 10:55am On Jun 13, 2023
DeLaRue:
How did the President sign a Bill that was materially different from what the national assembly passed.

Did the President 's SSA on National Assembly matters or whoever was responsible not scrutinise the document they presented Mr Buhari to sign

You can't blame the former President for this. No President sits down to read 15 or 20 pages of a bill before he signs. That's the job of his aids.

His advisers failed him.
Exactly what Ali Ndume said on Live TV about Buhari & His Aide
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Greattha: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2023
Your father is the perennial loser.

Gbogbo Iran e ni losers.

Abi were ni iya eleyi ni?

What have you ever won in your miserable life?

You delude yourself, by thinking you contributed to the success and foolishly try so hard to associate yourself with politicians to get scraps.

You better plug in your brain and think well before you enter my mentions ever.

Oponu ayeraye🤣

OkayDaddy:

Refreshing to those who % perennial losers.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by bayelsaowei(m): 10:59am On Jun 13, 2023
Resurrection212:
undecided Buhari will just be shaking his head at home now
buhari is pathetic...a failure...complete one...
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by 1nairato1dollar: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2023
AntiChristian:
Keep mute!

When some people are shooting in the North you are quick to call them Muslims!
But when Muslims are doing well you say we shouldn't call them Muslims!

Die in your rage!
assalamaleikun.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by CongoJewRat: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2023
Senioreddy:

The NDIC is meant to be totally autonomous like the CBN.

It can even insure govt funds domiciled in the CBN via the TSA.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Soulmender: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2023
DeLaRue:

To be fair, it's Mr Buhari's advisers who should take the blame for this.

Presidents don't read through multi-page bills, then compare it with what the national assembly passed before signing.

When you see American Presidents sign a Bill into law on TV, the Bill is simply brought to the table for them to sign.

All the documents the then prince Charles signed when he was taking over from his mother, you could see he did not read any of them before signing.

That is the job of competent assistants.

It was the job of Mr Buhari's SA's and SSA's to scrutinise the bill properly before taking it to the president.

This is how some of you will get into office and make a mess of the whole thing. So you mean a president should sign any bill without even going through it to know what he’s signing? You don’t just sign documents in a hurry, you go through it, study it before putting a signature on it. The SAs are just there to assist.
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by AntiChristian: 11:16am On Jun 13, 2023
1nairato1dollar:
assalamaleikun.

Assalamu Alaikum
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by OriginalCEO: 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
nairalee:
Buhari himself is the WRONGEST mistake Nigeria ever made.

even his own party,
his successor
his supporters
his wife
his handlers
his state

in short everyone is disappointed in him

this
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Tzar(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
angry This Buhari was the biggest mistake Nigeria ever made!
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Hussein035: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Thank you for this.

Emefailure did not steal 20% of what Diezani Allison stole but till today nobody even reason Jonathan matter or even suggest Jonathan being involved but you want PBAT to probe FPMB, you are a good alabosi
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Asswipemod: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Lol

That's all I need to know

Thank you Jesus
So what do you want to do about it other than wail?
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Asswipemod: 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

It was really eye opening and I'm not really flabbergasted. Many evils were being perpetrated by some sets of cabals almost everywhere!

Allah says “Help you one another in Al-Birr & At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah, verily Allah is Severe in punishment”. (Al-Maaidah 5:2).

May Allah expose & crush all evil people/cabals in government and among us the governed!

There you go. Making it an issue of religion. Why you people cannot divorce religion from good character and integrity is mind blowing. One guy who is a Muslim exposed what was going on and from your logic, all Muslims are like that. Is Buhari not a Muslim? All the people doing cabal in his administration, are not Muslims? All the Fulanis killing, kidnapping, raping and maiming all over, are they not Muslims? All the "bandits" from the North are also Muslims. So why interject religion into the discourse? I hate that sanctimonious, holier than thou religion!
Re: Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef by Nigerfine3: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

Do you think this kind man will not win presidency in fair election, he would. The man said he doesn't need recognition till he finishes his tenure. This is the kind we need to get us past the poor state we find ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruga Settlements: Benue Residents Protest, Say 'No Land For Ruga' (Photos) / Gani Adams: Adeboye, Abina Sons’ Death, One Too Many / Governor Makinde Shuns Atiku’s Presidential Campaign In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.