Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Who Is An Atheist? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is An Atheist? (1746 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 6:25am On Sep 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

A Christian is a follower of Jesus who is called CHRIST.

The Christian is always looking for ways to get whatever Jesus commanded done even though it's difficult for him or her.
Good.
Who is a theist?
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good.
Who is a theist?

An atheist is a person who doesn't believe in the existence of God (SUPREME BEING) such a person will always act or does what is forbidden by the Gods since he or she doesn't believe they exist!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

An atheist is a person who doesn't believe in the existence of God (SUPREME BEING) such a person will always act or does what is forbidden by the Gods since he or she doesn't believe they exist!

Simple!
Anyhow he wants to bend the definition to a neutral idea is folly
Imagine a non-believer playing neutral where religious people are talking grin grin grin
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Simple!
Imagine a non-believer playing neutral where religious people are talking grin grin grin

There's a big difference between intelligence and wisdom!

An atheist could be highly intelligent but none of them is wise! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by Crysthaniel(m): 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
Athest o
Theist o Universe dont care
What you sow you will Reap
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You and the person that liked your post are dullards. I asked who is a theist
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Simple!
So who should arbitrage between christians?
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

You and the person that liked your post are dullards. I asked who is a theist

That's your own cup of coffee, i don't call people such name!

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 12:56am On Sep 07, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's your own cup of coffee, i don't call people such name!
Ok. So you know who an atheist is but you don't know who a theist is?
Lol. No problem
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:03am On Sep 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ok. So you know who an atheist is but you don't know who a theist is?
Lol. No problem

You gave yourself the tag and defined what it means, i helped broaden your view regarding those who don't believe in the existence of God but you can't put a tag on others who didn't welcome it such is unwarranted! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2023
jaephoenix:

So who should arbitrage between christians?

An atheist cheesy grin grin grin
Olodo
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2023
Aemmyjah:

An atheist cheesy grin grin grin
Olodo
So I'm right. Thank You
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You gave yourself the tag and defined what it means, i helped broaden your view regarding those who don't believe in the existence of God but you can't put a tag on others who didn't welcome it such is unwarranted! wink
You broadened my views or you dug into your ever resourceful ass and brought out a definition that only you and your organization believe in? Really?

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
jaephoenix:

You broadened my views or you dug into your ever resourceful ass and brought out a definition that only you and your organization believe in? Really?
You hate the truth but that won't stop me from rubbing it in your face! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The second part of this doesn't make sense.

If I don't believe in the existence of a deity, then my actions are not based on what the unknown hypothetical deity approves or forbids. That doesn't mean I go out and specifically do what said supposed deity forbids.

It means the opinions (positive or negative) of an entity whose existence is unknown to me, has no bearing on the thought process that guides my actions.

I hope I've been able to simplify it enough for you

1 Like

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2023
Wilgrea7:

If I don't believe in the existence of a deity, then my actions are not based on what the unknown hypothetical deity approves or forbids. That doesn't mean I go out and specifically do what said supposed deity forbids. It means the opinions (positive or negative) of an entity whose existence is unknown to me, has no bearing on the thought process that guides my actions. I hope I've been able to simplify it enough for you

Were you born an atheist or you chose to be one?

Before you decided do you have things you forbids because of your faith that you now does as you've discarded the idea of a God?

That is what i mean.
Nobody is born and brought up without some forms of religiosity we only grow up to update or format it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You hate the truth but that won't stop me from rubbing it in your face! wink
What truth?
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2023
Wilgrea7:

If I don't believe in the existence of a deity, then my actions are not based on what the unknown hypothetical deity approves or forbids. That doesn't mean I go out and specifically do what said supposed deity forbids.

It means the opinions (positive or negative) of an entity whose existence is unknown to me, has no bearing on the thought process that guides my actions.

I hope I've been able to simplify it enough for you
MadMax engine does not run on logic. You're wasting time

2 Likes

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Were you born an atheist or you chose to be one?

Before you decided do you have things you forbids because of your faith that you now does as you've discarded the idea of a God?

That is what i mean.
Nobody is born and brought up without some forms of religiosity we only grow up to update or format it. smiley
Care to rephrase this gibberish?
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

What truth?
The one and only basis for two to reason together which is the idea of a supreme being, once that's excluded then there's no need trying to reason with whatever i choose to do or believe as long as i'm not a cause of hindrance to you in any way! wink
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Care to rephrase this gibberish?

Are your parents atheists?
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

So I'm right. Thank You

Even a drunk can claim to be right as you're doing
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by budaatum: 10:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

My own definition of an atheist:

Anyone who doesn't believe in deities!

I have always found this definition of atheist not believing in deities, to be absurd and ridiculous, however one wants to connote believe to mean "TRUST" or "FEAR", as it completely misses the fact that as far as anything is concerned, atheists do not believe, period. That said, culture, so I forgive, for despite many claiming to be atheists, one can't fail to notice religious residue in many. Worse for the Christian though, who merely believes God exists but does not know whether God exists or not, probably because their believing got in the way of their asking and seeking and knocking with all their hearts and souls and minds and beings until they find understanding.

I am an atheist. I do not believe that gods do not exist because I know that gods do not exist. I also know that all gods are and always have been stories we read of in books, and that some choose to believe those stories to be real, like believing Tom and Jerry really exist[ed] somewhere.

What does exist is the books we read to learn about the gods we are given. And thankfully, its a big book, a complex book, a book where every single word could mean lots of things and sentences even moreso, and so prone to be debated and discussed and debated so growth may occur. And not only do we Nigerians have one single book but two! Both in foreign languages.

We are indeed at the believing stage, and have only in my lifetime progressed into the reading stage. And here we have the writing stage developing, along with the use of the mind stage which it promotes. We will someday leave behind our childish beliefs and progress to the knowing stage someday, for only those who know can say 'let there be light' so light is, in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

Max, I hope I do not need say I fear no man. For man can only kill the body, not the soul.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:44am On Sep 10, 2023
@Budaatum
I have deleted you completely in my diary so please don't quote me again because i will not respond no matter what you type.
Goodbye! smiley
Re: Who Is An Atheist? by budaatum: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
@Budaatum
I have deleted you completely in my diary so please don't quote me again because i will not respond no matter what you type.
Goodbye! smiley

I'm not quoting you for a response, nor are you the only reader here.

I'll quote you whenever I want to Max, regardless of your diary.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is An Atheist? by achorladey: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2023
budaatum:

I'm not quoting you for a response, nor are you the only reader here.

I'll quote you whenever I want to Max, regardless of your diary.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't know what the addition or removal of budaatum in his diary has to do with operations here?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Man Block His Fellow Man's Destiny? / Abuja Higher Life Conference / The Most Egregious Sin - Denying The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.