Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Are People So Disrespectful On Social Media? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are People So Disrespectful On Social Media? (224 Views)

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are People So Disrespectful On Social Media? by Gideonski: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2023
"Social media has made it possible for people to ' express their opinions ' without getting punched in the face"-Mike Tyson
When I came across that quote by the legendary boxer Mike Tyson, I couldn't agree less with him. Social media has given people the chance to be rude, annoying, and disrespectful with their words all in the name of opinions.
I mean, why would you write something about someone you wouldn't tell them in person?
Few weeks ago, the news of the passing of American legendary singer Tina Turner was a sad moment for the entertainment industry across the world and people were paying their tributes. I saw a lot of RIPs on several social media platforms for days.
Then during the same time I saw a post on Facebook made by a self-righteous Christian claiming that Tina Turner doesn't deserve an RIP as there's no way she would rest in peace because she practiced Buddhism in the later part of her life (That was what he claimed, I don't know how true this is). He said she would definitely rot in hell.
I was shocked and annoyed at the same time when I read it. I mean, why are people so mean and insensitive just because technology has made it possible to just sit behind a screen and type stuff from the comfort of your home?
Re: Why Are People So Disrespectful On Social Media? by MechanicMike: 7:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Gideonski:
"Social media has made it possible for people to ' express their opinions ' without getting punched in the face"-Mike Tyson
When I came across that quote by the legendary boxer Mike Tyson, I couldn't agree less with him. Social media has given people the chance to be rude, annoying, and disrespectful with their words all in the name of opinions.
I mean, why would you write something about someone you wouldn't tell them in person?
Few weeks ago, the news of the passing of American legendary singer Tina Turner was a sad moment for the entertainment industry across the world and people were paying their tributes. I saw a lot of RIPs on several social media platforms for days.
Then during the same time I saw a post on Facebook made by a self-righteous Christian claiming that Tina Turner doesn't deserve an RIP as there's no way she would rest in peace because she practiced Buddhism in the later part of her life (That was what he claimed, I don't know how true this is). He said she would definitely rot in hell.
I was shocked and annoyed at the same time when I read it. I mean, why are people so mean and insensitive just because technology has made it possible to just sit behind a screen and type stuff from the comfort of your home?

angry
Re: Why Are People So Disrespectful On Social Media? by MechanicMike: 7:39am On Jun 13, 2023
Gideonski:

are u loooookin for wife sir?(no oofencssece) angry

(1) (Reply)

Solana Price Today In USD: A Comprehensive Overview / End Of Satan's Confession / You Need To Read This - The Challenges In The Childbearing Stage Of Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.