Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives (31747 Views)

Tajudeen Abass Takes Oath Of Office As Speaker Of House Of Representatives / Obasa, Mojisola-Meranda Elected Speaker And Deputy Speaker Of Lagos Assembly / Chinedum Orji 'Ikuku' Elected Speaker In Abia (Ex Governor Theodore Orji's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by YouandiAllofus: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

The North is playing the Long Game!

They are bidding their time and waiting for their 8 years...!

When that time comes, they will spare no position for the South!

It will be Northern Muslims from top to bottom!
This a very relivant submission touchlighting the ugly trend playing out now and waiting to manifest later in the future.
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by GeneralPula: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2023
JeffreyD1:
The north are actually noise makers after all
They’re not..

It’s party alliance..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Onyi90(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2023
This Is not good for checks and balance of the executive arm. It result to rubber stamp legislature and executive rascality.
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by babamoha(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

Actually, you are the one deceiving yourself and trying to argue a clear reality!

...But, it's okay! I understand the need for people to blind their hearts and eyes to facts!

It's less painful that way!
According to your post you said the north is toothless so that means their votes will not be meaningful come 2027
Just dey play do you think any region understand politics than the northern that sees politics has a way of life.
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by tbarrister(m): 11:05am On Jun 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
President - Bola Tinubu 'muslim' but south. Senata president - Akpabio south. HOR Speaker - tajudeen north with yoruba root (south). Look at the above and tell yourself who's the slowpoke falling for these political manipulations.

Tajudeen abass is a pure Hausa fulani from kaduna lol and thats an Arabic name not a Yoruba name. Now I see why you got confused lol

3 Likes

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by NobleSeed(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2023
Nigeria has always being ruled by cabals
But this time na cabal pro max dey come 😂 😂
Bolu004:
Tinubu has succeeded in placing his boys in strategic places.
Nigeria will be run by a cabal.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Teenaira: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2023
Bolu004:

There is no problem,he will soon get something for OBI.

2 Likes

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by fredoooooo: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2023
theophorus:
Incase you still haven't Learn and Wise up, Abeg begin use your Brain asap ooo, cos politics no be your mate.

Shebi you see say na who em endorse dey win so, Abeg use your Brain make you accept say some people na your boss dem be for the game.
Poliics na common sense, what many of them don't have grin grin
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by YouandiAllofus: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2023
Sholaco:
just the way Southern politicians were toothless in the last administration.
Gbamsolutely! Which i think is a ugly trend that requires corrective measures now, to forestall continuity

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by BreconHills(m): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2023
Bolu004:

Every country in the world is run by a few people. Even the world economy is run by less than 100 people. What is important is what they do with their power.

I believe the 10th Assembly will be the best ever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by qtechomo(m): 11:09am On Jun 13, 2023
2 Hausas
2 Yorubas
1 south
No I.... [/quote]
Correction 3 south and 3 north

2 Likes

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by tbarrister(m): 11:11am On Jun 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
stop ur ignorance shetima is kanuri not Hausa... Abas is not even Hausa self... Nigeria isn't a tripod stand of Hausa fulani Igbo Yoruba... We have over 400 tribes...

Abbas is hausa from kaduna. Its an Arabic name mostly used by yorubas and thats the confusion. He's pure Hausa. E.g my name is Taofeek and people assume I'm yoruba because they mostly use the name but its an Arabic name and I'm from north central

4 Likes

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by EclecticBen: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2023
fixitbyjal:
I TRACK LOST or STOLEN devices
A trial will convince you

How much do you charge for tracking.....
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by UptownVibes(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Officially, the north is toothless in this administration!
Tinubu don do them,wetin them do Jonathan cheesy But they will get ministerial positions for sure.. make them use that one hold body cheesy
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Rawgold29(m): 11:14am On Jun 13, 2023
niyisky:
Jagaban be teaching neophyte pol 103
abi... you future is been traded and you dont know..

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by SugarGirl44(f): 11:15am On Jun 13, 2023
Angelfrost:

The North is playing the Long Game!

They are bidding their time and waiting for their 8 years...!

When that time comes, they will spare no position for the South!

It will be Northern Muslims from top to bottom!

That’s if Nigeria still remains one.
We know the oneness of Nigeria is where the north’s power lies.
I just hope and pray we break up before then, or at worst be under a regional govt so that everybody go dey their dey.
We were never meant to be one, we don’t understand one another’s language or culture.
No country can succeed in that kind of confusion.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by GoodGovernance: 11:18am On Jun 13, 2023
niyisky:
Jagaban be teaching neophyte pol 103

Stupidity is when you agree that the leadership of a national assembly that is suppose to carry out oversight functions over the executives,including the presidency,should be influenced by the same executives.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by SugarGirl44(f): 11:19am On Jun 13, 2023
tbarrister:

Abbas is hausa from kaduna. It’s an Arabic name mostly used by yorubas and thats the confusion. He's pure Hausa. E.g my name is Taofeek and people assume I'm yoruba because they mostly use the name but its an Arabic name and I'm from north central

Are you proud of your arabic name?
As you became an adult, why haven’t you changed it to a name that shows your identity?

I was given one too and as soon as I became an adult, I discarded it.
Only a slave bears the name of his master.
If arabs can’t bear a Yoruba name, why should I bear theirs?

I don’t believe they’re better than us, in fact our culture is superior to theirs in many areas.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:22am On Jun 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Officially, the north is toothless in this administration!

Absolutely not. The people who are toothless and tongueless are the Southeast . grin Very pathetic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by press9jatv: 11:22am On Jun 13, 2023
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2023
tbarrister:

Abbas is hausa from kaduna. Its an Arabic name mostly used by yorubas and thats the confusion. He's pure Hausa. E.g my name is Taofeek and people assume I'm yoruba because they mostly use the name but its an Arabic name and I'm from north central
but most pple just assume the whole North is hausa fulani... Shetima is neither Hausa nor fulani.. this is why pple would say buhari favored his brothers like all Northerners are hausa... In kaduna we have over 20 tribes...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by sweetgala(m): 11:24am On Jun 13, 2023
Mynd44:
He emerged after a voice vote by Reps-Elects of the 10th National Assembly.

Voting is still on at this point but Hon Abass has attained enough votes to become Speaker

I hope Speaker Abass would revisit his previous police restricting proposal.
There is no better time, the current president Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, his former president El-Rufai & many others who have influence in the current leadership are of the same disposition.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Procashtips(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2023
Muslims in the majority power wise.

Should CAN not start signing their usual song of 'Islamatization' of Nigeria or what has changed?

Oh the president is not the gentle Buhari everyone loves to insult.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Felix6: 11:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's president setting the records straight.

He's proven to us that, there's reward for absolute loyalty.

Congratulations to the winners from top to bottom.
Abeg how much them dey pay una? (APC E WARRIORS) , I for like take am as second job since I can work anywhere. I know job description is just to jump on topic on any platform or app. and shout "BAT'S ERECTION WITHOUT AGBO OR COKE IS STRONGER AND LONGER THAN THAT OF A 22 YEARS OLD VIRGIN BOY" Gbam job is done.
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by YouandiAllofus: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Absolutely not. The people who are toothless and tongueless are South East. grin Very pathetic.
But the south-east is part of the south
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by fixitbyjal(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2023
EclecticBen:

How much do you charge for tracking.....

20k and it's safe and guaranteed
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by blowjohn(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2023
This our President Tinubu eh!
Na zidane or na Pep gaudiola?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Procashtips(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
Gbamsolutely! Which i think is a ugly trend that requires corrective measures now, to forestall continuity

Emefiele, the most powerful CBN governor for 9 years must be a northerner too.
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Musaspp(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2023
Baba onidan, PBT is gradually pocketing Nigeria into his pocket in the same manner he did with Lagos...probably, we are gradually seeing the emergence of Nigeria's first LIFE PRESIDENT grin
Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
But the south-east is part of the south

grin you are funny. The vice president is from the south too. The North is left with nothing.

1 Like

Re: Tajudeen Abass Elected Speaker Of The House Of Representatives by YouandiAllofus: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

grin you are funny. The vice president is from the south too. The North is left with nothing.
The senate president should have being a northerner and hor speaker southerner. But buhari started this trend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why NSA Monguno Didn’t Attend Buhari’s ‘special Meeting’ With Service Chiefs / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / Ibe Kachikwu Wears Leopard Skin Attire For Cultural Display (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.