Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities (42509 Views)

"Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono / Children's International School Fees In Lagos That Got People Talking (picture) / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by jayworld15(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
VTJN:
all federal university tuition fee are free bro. Those fees are for library, examination, ID card, Departmental and faculty fees, sports et al

Tuition fees are omitted from it

Go and check private school tuition fees then you'd understand better

I don't need to check any fucking private... Every school divides the payment into STATUTORY and NON STATUTORY amount, probably some schools don't do that in the public view of their fees but that's the way it is. Therefore, where do you think the payment of school fees by students go to? Except the word "free" has another meaning. Probably you're mistaking "subsidized education" for "free education" in the higher education category of educational sector.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by iswallker(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zonefree:

I don't understand.

I paid library fees
I paid for my hostel
I paid for my feeding
I paid for textbooks

So, how's tuition free in government schools?

Ma wetin ASUU dey fight for be this - uneducated students

Is there tuition fees in that your list

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by OVikkytan49: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
seborrhic:
There has always been tuition fees,what will now change is that it would no longer be subsidized

Funny how some people are saying it's free.
It may be "Partially free" but not entirely free.
It's like they are not aware that some Federal institutions' tuition fee is more than 100k.
Truely, breakdown is revealed on "school fees" break down. But what's the point when students don't have access to more than half of what's on the list
(Management use it for other things...).
It's like they are not aware that students could be withdrawn from schools on failure of not paying the tuition fees, and those people above still claim tuition fees is free.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by gracealonev: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zonefree:

I don't understand.

I paid library fees
I paid for my hostel
I paid for my feeding
I paid for textbooks

But you saw the private universities with their uninterrupted academic schedules. Why did you choose a Federal University if they both pay tuition?

2 Likes

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Newton2024: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
BOOKWORMLUX:
Federal Universities across the country have increased their school fees already, so I don't understand this tuition fees again

Imagine someone studying Civic Education paying about #100k school fees already and they're still talking about tuition fees

I hope this is not true, because last last everybody go leave the school for them
At the bolded, that's what they want.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by HBB1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
VTJN:
interesting

But you know not everyone will study medicine or engineering? What do you see about someone who studied Geography in Nigeria with strong 2.1 and hoping to JAPA through graduate study MS or PhD in that same course. Does it worth it? Is there any prospects after school? Thanks

It then depends on what you do with the degree.

I know a girl who had 1st degree in Geography from Cambridge.

Had Masters in Business in London School of Economics and now works in Banking.

She is making waves.

You just need to know what you want and go for it.

1 Like

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Newton2024: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
JasonScoolari:
When you stop mistaking me for your Dad and concentrate on your 15k primary school teacher job, more offers will come.
@ JobNeededUrgent, see your life. You are earning a miserable 15k monthly and you are still surpporting those who put you in this condition. Can Tinubu's daughter manage 15k to feed her pet daily? When are you going to receive sense?

6 Likes

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Nfora: 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

nope, government can no longer afford to do FULL subsidy for the masses, the masses population can't keep exploding and the government keep paying

in advance countries they mostly borrow student loan to go to school, their government is not doing any FULL subsidy

the only business government should have with our school is building modern structures, libraries, research tools, research funds and putting all modern stuff a school need to function, not to be paying a never-ending wage bill of lecturers

student who can't afford school fees should borrow, when they start working they should pay back, the money they pay back will be lend to other younger generation student and the cycle continues, that's how the likes of cambridge, oxford etc runs

also students will think twice before doing nonsense course in school imagine subsidizing islamic studies, nursery and primary school education, and so so many useless courses which usually have thousands of students

Government should subsidise education in developing countries, both for skills acquisition and academics. We should stop comparing developed countries with developing countries like Nigeria.

What is the level of education, poverty and Income per capita, in Nigeria, compared to your so called advanced countries?

If government cannot subsidise education and agric, then too bad.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by FreeStuffsNG: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
Section 2 stated that "govt shall as when practicable provide free tertiary education ".
That is conditional in my opinion
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Tinubu is very brilliant. At least, with the student loan, the youths that failed to payback would be recruited into the army as payback. Agbado and cassava go surplus. 50 million youths into the army, is here to stay.
If that ever happens, Nigeria is near done for! undecided

1 Like

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by jayworld15(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
OVikkytan49:

Funny how some people are saying it's free.
It may be "Partially free" but not entirely free.
It's like they are not aware that some Federal institutions' tuition fee is more than 100k.
Truely, breakdown is revealed on "school fees" break down. But what's the point when students don't have access to more than half of what's on the list
(Management use it for other things...).
It's like they are not aware that students could be withdrawn from schools on failure of not paying the tuition fees, and those people above still claim tuition fees is free.

It is "subsidized education" at the higher institution level, not "free education". You can't say you've been getting petroleum for free but rather at a subsidized rate. They're entirely different situations.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Kaiser20: 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
Everything will be sorted out soon and the pessimists will eat dust in disgrace!
Olodo boy
The government does not function on mere affirmation.
African mentality, " don't worry God will provide even if you don't work"
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Gajagojo: 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kukutenla:

Taxes, oil revenue, duties, bonds, loans etc
There is no oil revenue now so forget about that the reality is those paying the tax should have a say in how their taxes are being spent
We also want education for primary and secondary school in a country of 200 million?

If the taxes of one parent can cover the university education of one child then the parent should pay and not pay tax

Taxes are currently about 20% so how much tax does one parent pay to fund one university placement?
And the same taxes will pay for the army police roads rail primary school secondary schools etc

In any modern democracy politicians cannot make silly promises because people know enough to ask where will you get the money

How much does it cost to provide quality university education for one person?

You are not at the level of thinking realistically.

Our universities now are such that students sometimes have nowhere to sit . If you want quality it must be paid for

2 Likes

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
JasonScoolari:
When you stop mistaking me for your Dad and concentrate on your 15k primary school teacher job, more offers will come.
grin grin grin grin Wickedness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Agbadorians are dumb na... Tinubu operates like the devil.... take and bring in return

Your brain is intact!

Are you are a female?
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Kukutenla: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
lomprico:
NANS should schedule a revisit asap. grin

Everybody go collet!
Those NANS dudes dey shame me.
And you say lecturers should respect students.
It will be obvious to people like Prof Osodeke that NANS is made up of clueless people who don't even understand what the loan means.
I wonder the kind of contempt they'll be using to look at NANS now
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Sprints3: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
JasonScoolari:
guy you wicked ooo u want make he commit suicide hahhahaha grin grin grin angry angry cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by AntiChristian: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
It will work!

Kaiser20:
Olodo boy
The government does not function on mere affirmation.
African mentality, " don't worry God will provide even if you don't work"

And who said anything about God here?
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by AntiChristian: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Define tuition?
Kukutenla:

Lol. Does Islam forbid paying tuition? grin grin
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Realist777: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zonefree:

I don't understand.

I paid library fees
I paid for my hostel
I paid for my feeding
I paid for textbooks

So, how's tuition-free in government schools?
You don't pay tuition fees bro
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Allisgud: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Now they will start collecting tuition fee even more costlier,so everybody will patronize the loan,they should just upgrade the learning facility ASUU is clamouring for,so person will write jamb and start struggling to get a level 12 civil servant for guarantor to get loan
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Realist777: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zonefree:

You slaughtered him grin grin
How the Bleep did he know that the nigga is a moniker
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Finestgurlie(f): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
VTJN:
seriously i was surprised. With his condition, he still carry government for head. Government that failed him and every average Nigerians. It's really sad
Fisayo you that supported this government nko?
probably to spite igbos right?
election has gone and reality has set in.
stop talking as if you no carry this election for head throwing jabs to obi supporters all the time.
after the jabs what next ?
we keep telling you guys that politicians will all concentrate on their relatives and cronies not common man.
well Goodluck to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by OVikkytan49: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
jayworld15:

It is "subsidized education" at the higher institution level, not "free education". You can't say you've been getting petroleum for free but rather at a subsidized rate. They're entirely different situations.

Yes it's not entirely free.
I was referring to those that made it seem as if students don't pay a dime in higher institutions.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Kukutenla: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

There is no oil revenue now so forget about that the reality is those paying the tax should have a say in how their taxes are being spent
We also want education for primary and secondary school in a country of 200 million?

If the taxes of one parent can cover the university education of one child then the parent should pay and not pay tax

Taxes are currently about 20% so how much tax does one parent pay to fund one university placement?
And the same taxes will pay for the army police roads rail primary school secondary schools etc

In any modern democracy politicians cannot make silly promises because people know enough to ask where will you get the money

How much does it cost to provide quality university education for one person?

You are not at the level of thinking realistically.

Our universities now are such that students sometimes have nowhere to sit . If you want quality it must be paid for

Where did the oil revenue go? Last i heard oil is selling above budget benchmark and our bpd is lower than our opec quota.

Primary and secondary is free in countries with bigger population than ours. E.g. US and Canada.

Taxes do all these in other societies and do it well such that your citizens even japa to those countries to enjoy such things courtesy of the taxes of those countries.

The problem in my estimation is how our govts got their priorities wrong. While we're debating taxes, our CBN gave one man $5bn and he has also been blessed with import license, not counting how many tax breaks he's gotten for his companies. Yet we tell the common man that govt can't bear his burden.

Have you seen falana's letter? If this govt supporters really mean well and understand anything, they should impress on Tinubu the need to implement that letter to the last dot.

But they are too busy singing hallelujah while the noose is getting tighter on their necks.
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Kukutenla: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
AntiChristian:
Define tuition?
Amount paid to obtain western education
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Juju70(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
And what is the minimum wage BAT?
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by VTJN(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
Finestgurlie:
Fisayo you that supported this government nko?
probably to spite igbos right?
election has gone and reality has set in.
stop talking as if you no carry this election for head throwing jabs to obi supporters all the time.
after the jabs what next ?
we keep telling you guys that politicians will all concentrate on their relatives and cronies not common man.
well Goodluck to everyone.
you did support Obi like every other supported other candidate. Stop talking like you're neutral. You're all over Obi with over 100 moniker grin

Irrespective of who won, he shouldn't be found carrying any of them on his head in such condition of his. None of them know any of us exist.

1 Like

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Tinubu is very brilliant.

At least, with the student loan, the youths that failed to payback would be recruited into the army as payback. Agbado and cassava go surplus.

50 million youths into the army, is here to stay.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Chai!

I told my wife, this means fees in Federal Universities are about to get jacked up close to those in private universities.

I guess I was right.

Let's see how it goes, sha.

Papa go pay for fuel, FG go use de money give pikin loan for Uni, then pikin go begin hustle to pay back while still paying for fuel.

People!

No more clubbing o!

Even singles better start their unborn kids' college funds right now, among those earning enough ni o. Low-income families won't escape the rat race.

Even the lecturers have kids so they may smile to the bank but still have to pay the new fees.

It's well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by OgbeniOja1: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
Last last, every body must chop breakfast
Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by MountHoreb: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
JasonScoolari:

You wan kee the guy 🤣🤣🤣. These are the set of people that doesn't want the country to work. Mediocrity is their trademark.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities by 7brigade: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zonefree:

I don't understand.

I paid library fees
I paid for my hostel
I paid for my feeding
I paid for textbooks

U read but deliberately refused to understand
U paid all this and though it was a burden
Tuition fee was not inclusive...u scaled through
Not TUTION FEE is added it's ..d amount that lecturer earns for dispatching tuition to u ok
U didn't pay ur lecturer a dime for teaching u
Govt paid ok..but still u even learn
I might as well WRITE TO THE GOVT TO HAVE U REFUND THE TUITION FEE PAID ON UR BEHALF..BECAUSE U NO LEARN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yabatech Post Utme & Part Time 2015/2016 registration " PAY AFTER REG. " / Daughter, Father Graduate After 5 Years As Law Classmates In University (Video) / Zuriel Oduwole Speaks At The Ron Clark Academy In Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.