Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (41602 Views)

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says / Naira Loses To Dollar, Closes At 419 In "Official Market" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Blaze14k: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Pandora Obituary should go and withdraw his case against Asiwaju with immediate effect bcs the good news of Asiwaju achievement within short period of time is overwhelming even the international communities that Buhari has visited will start visiting our action Daddy soon

Action Daddy no be thank you Daddy

.😀🤣😂

Lol these clowns are still dragging obi.. what sort of tribe are the yoruba people really? Bunch of sadists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by stano2(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Asiwaju is our God sent

Naira might appreciate to 300 against dollars before December

Which of your grace would I deny

Thank you God for choosing Asiwaju for us
what are you producing?
What are you exporting?
We don't even export Tourism?
Tell me how exactly is naira going to be 300 to 1Usd

6 Likes

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by GeneralPula: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2023
Nonybb:
This man is making the 15,000 USD I have in my domiciliary account to be useless
So because of you, we shouldn’t grow our Naira?
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2023
Zedoo:
Anybody you see thanking God and tinubu has never bought a single dollar in their lives.

Bro you just hit the nail on the head oo😂😂...jagaban people are just ignorant, poor and loud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by LUAN1: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2023
Nonybb:
This man is making the 15,000 USD I have in my domiciliary account to be useless
good. Please show me how to fish
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by ofuonyebi: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2023
in just few days in office ...
the Jagaban is hitting the nails on the heads of all the rotten system that derailed Nigeria

7-gbosa! for a visionary leader
it is not how long but how well

honestly, this president Tinubu was prepared for the challenge to govern as president of the federal Republic

it is only the obituaries and their family that will not see anything good until the hammer of the supreme court wakes them from their slumber
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Squirrel1(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:
Some of these moves will make some people become Poor but it will create some form of equity.

Notice the AbokiFx guys are not complaining but if na people from one region like that dem go say dem dey destroy their business begin claim Victim.
exactly 💯 you can never please them
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by cyprianken: 11:23am On Jun 15, 2023
[Baba dollar go full bank, that work of bdc, banks go run am..

]For those of u thinking only d northerners would b affected by dis wait till inflation sets in, d foolish policy by emefele not to sell FX to BDC operators destroyed d naira whats d use of floating d naira when it is still difficult to access d dollar . d CBN would continue floating d naira b4 d end of d first tenure we would exchange @ 3000 per dollar[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Johnn74: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2023
BloomingDale:
So that newspaper was right afterall. Thunder fire Tinubu, fire CBN, fire Emefiele and fire that new Yoruba head.
Please, Do you mind sharing the newspaper news article links ? Wanna catchup
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Cmanforall: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2023
Ogene001:
The north will not like this. Tinubu scamed them. We Igbos are enjoying the free market economy. Abooki money changers have been thrown out of business
Northerners will be in pains with Tinubu's actions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Johnn74: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2023
cyprianken:
[Baba dollar go full bank, that work of bdc, banks go run am..

]For those of u thinking only d northerners would b affected by dis wait till inflation sets in, d foolish policy by emefele not to sell FX to BDC operators destroyed d naira whats d use of floating d naira when it is still difficult to access d dollar . d CBN would continue floating d naira b4 d end of d first tenure we would exchange @ 3000 per dollar
Huh?
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by ogaontop(m): 11:25am On Jun 15, 2023
grandstar:

The purpose of selling dollars to the BDC is to crash the rate there and bring it close to the bank rate, which would end round tripping.

If it's crashed, there will be little room for roundtripping.

The problem during Buhari's term in office was that he, Buhari himself dictated the exchange rates and not the CBN and Emefiele enabled him.

For instance, in 2021 when the official rate was 410 and black market rate was 480 or so, the BDCs were making huge profits.

If the CBN had floated the Naira then at the official rate, many speculated the official rate would have slid to around 460, reducing huge arbitrage profits for the BDC.

But rather than devalue, the CBN preferred to ban the sale of dollars to the BDCs and requested anyone who wanted dollars to approach the banks. This was a collosal mistake as the process of obtaining dollars from banks is bureaucratic while from the BDCs was instant. This led to a quick crash of the Naira at the black market as it was starved of forex.
You sabi wetin you dey talk bro!
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Softhands(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Pandora Obituary should go and withdraw his case against Asiwaju with immediate effect bcs the good news of Asiwaju achievement within short period of time is overwhelming even the international communities that Buhari has visited will start visiting our action Daddy soon

Action Daddy no be thank you Daddy

.😀🤣😂
Na the case be your headache 😜... No worry, Tinubu go lead, then Obi go take over. Las LA's everybody go dey alright.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Cowbell521: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Keep on deceiving yourself. I bought dollar's for 761 Naira few minutes ago . The 664 rate you talking about only exist in theory book. But the physical reality on ground is 761 per dollar's
Haters of good things, read with your brain or burrow your neighbor's brain if you don't have one. They said I&E window. Not Black Market
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by emmybobo1: 11:27am On Jun 15, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Keep on deceiving yourself. I bought dollar's for 761 Naira few minutes ago . The 664 rate you talking about only exist in theory book. But the physical reality on ground is 761 per dollar's
Bro you don't need to banter words with wretched fools ( they both wretched in wealth and knowledge). Even a child who went to a good secondary school would understand that the 661/ $ is like the former bank rate that was not readily available. The accessible black market rate keeps rising.

The only way the black market fx would disappear is if the merchants have to access to dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Cmanforall: 11:28am On Jun 15, 2023
Ogene001:

If you know what Ngige built within three years, yet he was kicked out
Ngige had to surrender the State to APGA than have the Ubas use him as toy.
Nguge played a role, especially after the monthly billion demands from Uba
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:28am On Jun 15, 2023
Nonybb:

What do u wish for ?
For the dollar to retain its value against the naira
Or for the naira to gain its value back.
I'd advice u change to naira and put in a savings account with the hope of a better Nigeria in mind
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Vatod(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2023
Someone should please educate me, is that devaluation?
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by keko14: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2023
BloomingDale:
So that newspaper was right afterall. Thunder fire Tinubu, fire CBN, fire Emefiele and fire that new Yoruba head.

And you think that same thunder no go fire you.

1 Like

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by lwisee: 11:30am On Jun 15, 2023
A lot of senseless posts in here
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by positive11: 11:30am On Jun 15, 2023
thunder fire and strike you[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by chenny360(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2023
Hmmm

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by DannyWalker: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2023
Before you attempt you reduce dollars reduce the price of things in Nigeria. Common sense
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by gloryman91: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2023
Yahoo Yahoo don spoil patapata bayi o 😁.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Theophinio(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2023
cybertron88:

They will now hav. All those dollars CBN was using to defend naira, will made available to banks. Aboki rate and bank rate no go pass N10. A lot of those overnight aboki millionaires will look for another trade. Wanted to buy dollars today for on-line purchase on AliExpress, I just told myself to calm down to months end.

But our naira card is still restricted from making online purchase

Or has it been lifted
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by crismark(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2023
cybertron88:

They will now hav. All those dollars CBN was using to defend naira, will made available to banks. Aboki rate and bank rate no go pass N10. A lot of those overnight aboki millionaires will look for another trade. Wanted to buy dollars today for on-line purchase on AliExpress, I just told myself to calm down to months end.
Dey play.

You will have access to dollars aside PTA, BTA and medical? You people don't understand english.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by dfrost: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2023
grandstar:

But rather than devalue, the CBN preferred to ban the sale of dollars to the BDCs and requested anyone who wanted dollars to approach the banks. This was a collosal mistake as the process of obtaining dollars from banks is bureaucratic while from the BDCs was instant. This led to a quick crash of the Naira at the black market as it was starved of forex.

Another way to also stop this craze for round-tripping and patronizing those BDC is to allow us use our Naira card on international transactions. The ISO Standards for international transaction conversion should be pushed further and discussions held with international/cross border financial institutions. Also allow people earn in USD in peace.

It helps to reduce the craze. But then, I might be wrong. Olodo like me, what do I know?

1 Like

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2023
What of in black market window?

Or CBN window?

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Samueli007: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2023
Kenneth4u205:

Depends on where you bought it. If na for Aboki place you buy am, OYO.
Go to the bank next time.
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by ivandrag0n: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2023
BloomingDale:

Thunder fire you and entire satanic generation!

We know it saddens you when Nigeria is moving forward progressively! Long may your sorrows continue!!!
Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Satanistx: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2023
Parachoko:
You should have wait till tomorrow and buy it from any of the Bank

anyone into cryptocurrency knows that all currencies are crashing. When that happens naira and most currencies get affected. I has nothing to do with any policy. It's mere coincidence

Re: Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window by Willie2015: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2023
Nonybb:

Pls move it to foreign stock trading account to trade...

This is the best move for you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Starting Mcdonalds In Nigeria / Abuja Women Shop At Local Markets Due To Economic Situation / Nigeria, Sierra Leone Plan Currency Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.