Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

I Have Finally Bought My First Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Finally Bought My First Car (35650 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by onomeabuja: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:
I have finally bought my first car,Honda eod I love the car movement nd stability,is there anything u want me to know about the car maintenance nd tips I will b glad for ur contribution thank you all
Congrat Bro
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by GeneralPula: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
FakeNEWSevryday:
Congrats, mine is coming soon
Fake news everyday grin
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by DantataJR: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:
I have finally bought my first car,Honda eod I love the car movement nd stability,is there anything u want me to know about the car maintenance nd tips I will b glad for ur contribution thank you all
Congratulations Brother. I tap into the testimony.
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Buffalo2(m): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations Sir I would have preferred you starting with golf 3
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Chrismentor3: 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations, I'm next
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Ladishx: 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
buygala:

Na old motor.. If you try to fix every minor creak and rattle, it will bankrupt you.

For those kind of body creaks and rattles that don't affect drivability, just increase volume of radio and keep driving..

Old car is an old car, nothing more.
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by dicksonadams(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Just give the car all round good maintenance and you will be fine..

Congrats!!! na dis kind news I dey like...

transmission and leaky power steering too
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Princeton92(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:

Congratulations 👏🎉
Thought you'd share some pictures make we appreciate the car
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by danchuzzy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:

Thanx boss my brother is into mechanic so he will b the one to be helping me to buy original ball joint,not in the case mechanic will collect money for tokunbo and go and buy China that will spoil in 3month

Don't buy tokunbo.

Buy original. You'd pay through your nose but you'd enjoy it. When you buy it, please don't allow anybody out fire or tack it with fire!

That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Make sure they use all the necessary pins and clips too.

Congratulations on your ride!

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Prodigy100(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
Be humble
No carry your landlord, he no like you. Be careful of that gender.....if not you go later dey trek

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by callmevirus(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by 24SEVEN: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
buygala:

Na old motor.. If you try to fix every minor creak and rattle, it will bankrupt you.

For those kind of body creaks and rattles that don't affect drivability, just increase volume of radio and keep driving..

My colleague in the office spent close to 100k chasing one phantom barely noticeable creak in his car dashboard for months.. Last last, mecho wey dismantle dashboard no fit couple am back properlygrin.. A broken clip here, broken plastic and a cut wire there, that's how matter escalated to the extent of airbag deploying on its own and nearly killing him while he was in the car, parked by the roadside... If e enter pothole, windscreen defroster and wiper go on, and plenty other gbege enter the moto.

Jesus!!! shocked
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Stjims: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:
Congratulations! Enjoy..
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Bamijoko1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by texannaija: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
Creamypie:
always dey keep money aside for ball joint, for it can pull at anytime and anywhere, without signs. Better still, change them every 4 months, 2 be on safe side. Apart from this Honda na sweet ride

Small small bros. Ball joint won’t wear out at once without giving signs…
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Nnaemiemax: 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:

Congratulations Bruv!
Another new car loading.
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by bukatyne(f): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:

Congratulations!

Your joy at getting the car would not to sorrow of endless repairs, hitting someone, getting hit, getting stolen or an accident.

Amen.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by 24SEVEN: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2023
kernniejay:
Congrats! Another record broken!!!
Apart from German machines like Benz and BMW, Honda is one Japanese machine that is a speed demon with good balance.

How about Lexus?
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Nawttiboi007(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
For Nigerian woman or who?... I laff in Spanish
Mrjamesemmanuel:
Congratulations
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by hansomb: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
I hope you already have your house/asset b4 buying the car/ liability ?
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by slan87(m): 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations, this will be the beginning of more greatness in your life
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by FloatingSky7: 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by obuburam: 1:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:
Congrats
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by CaptMarvel(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
youngfocus:
I tap into this testimony, it's my turn soonest Èmilokan 😁🙏🙏🙏
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by taobany(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
buygala:

My colleague in the office spent close to 100k chasing one phantom barely noticeable creak in his car dashboard for months.. Last last, mecho wey dismantle dashboard no fit couple am back properlygrin.. A broken clip here, broken plastic and a cut wire there, that's how matter escalated to the extent of airbag deploying on its own and nearly killing him while he was in the car, parked by the roadside... If e enter pothole, windscreen defroster and wiper go on, and plenty other gbege enter the moto.

PEOPLE LIKE you ehen person gaz run from you...he only ask for ideas and prayer not discouragement... we all know that when u give ur car to bad mechanic nah OYO... @youngfocus am also Using Honda Accord DC 07(discussion continue) and i have been using it since Aug 2018 till date i never experience issue because bcus i take care of the car like my first born.. i use (mobile semi-synthetic oil 10w 30 (please stick with one type never change oil type it will destroy the engine) ask the previous owner which type of oil the person was using before. if its foreign Used car check oil cap (to see the recommended oil type) if you are to oil mobile oil please buy it in mobile fuel station anywhere else will kill your engine.
if you are living in Lagos please and please take your car to Oyingbo market whenever the car have issues (you will thank me later) if not that mechanic you think is doing you a favor is actually killing you. Best advise you can get.
One love bro welcome to the family.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by keymatt(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congrats
But why you no show us picture of your new toy? Or you no no say we dey era of pic or I don't bilivit?
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by chuuxxy: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
congrats.... that was my first car years back... disregard what a lot of peeps say here... just have a good maintenance culture and buy original OEM parts. I used mine for about 3years and never experienced a ball joint issue.... I do a monthly routine check on my suspension.

car is an awesome machine.... just enjoy it... hopefully in a year or more you will be looking at a 2013-15 model.

youngfocus:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by keymatt(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
chuuxxy:
congrats.... that was my first car years back... disregard what a lot of peeps say here... just have a good maintenance culture and buy original OEM parts. I used mine for about 3years and never experienced a ball joint issue.... I do a monthly routine check on my suspension.

car is an awesome machine.... just enjoy it... hopefully in a year or more you will be looking at a 2013-15 model.

Which car you dey use now?
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by obinna58(m): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
buygala:

No be lie
Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Dollywood(m): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
buygala:

Shut up, negro.

1 Like

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by compu(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
Congratulations!!
Since you have bought it already. Keep these two advice

1. Do not turn the steering to the last turn, the mechanism holding the arms of the tyres spoil easily.

2. When you see a heavy flood, and you see Toyotas, other cars passing through it. Please take another route.

Apart from this few observations. I think you are good to go. EOD, my dream car back then.
Nice car!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Finally Bought My First Car by Foodqueen(f): 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
Pray you come across a good and genuine mechanic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rolls-royce Releases Photos Of Its SUV Called Cullinan / What I Saw Written On A Tricycle! / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.