Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 (37364 Views)

What Happened To Me After Church Today / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
Where Is the Simi of 2014-2019?

When I asked a similar question about a year ago, a certain lady did not only stop at countering, insulting, and calling me all sorts of unprintable names; she also badgered into my DM and called me a "male witch", for airing an observation. Well, I’m sure her conscience should have given her a hint as to who the real witch is now. Me, who observed and didn’t hide my fears about an artist’s decline, or her, a fake fan, who is more interested in giveaways than helping Simi redress her falling career.

Oh yes, even if we are all afraid to spit this raw truth out, we all know that the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne are probably chilling off somewhere around a hotel in Zonkwa, Kaduna State.

If we will be honest, we will confess that the Simi that gave us hits on a back-to-back basis is probably in national exile and, hopefully, might only return together with DJ Switch when the federal government grants Switch amnesty. If we are true music fans, we must have missed that charming Simi-Falz combo, whose only comparison is a scrumptious rice and gbegiri combo prepared by a 49-year-old Urhobo woman.

That Simi was always anticipated.

That Simi that these new generational Tems and Ayrra Starr can’t match.

That Simi gave Tiwa Savage and Yemi Alade a run for their money.

That Simi, whose songs were relatable and whose videos were educative,

That extra-ordinary, super-talented, and extremely creative Simi

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER HER MARRIAGE TO ADEKUNLE?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER THE BIRTH OF DEJA?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER DUDUKE?

The present Simi is a complete shadow of herself. This present Simi, who used to be a hitmaker, is now more of a noisemaker and troublemaker, fighting innocent male fans on Twitter over women's rights and whatnot.

The present Simi, who was an exceptional songstress, has now been reduced—or rather, she has now reduced herself—to an in-house songwriter for her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Her songs, which were topping charts and getting over all airplay, are now hardly played in Calabar beer parlors.

The Simi that many once rated equal to or sometimes above Tiwa Savage is now scarily present in any music conversation.

The Simi that could effortlessly bag seven mega hits in a year is struggling for one average hit since "Duduke."

The energetic Simi we all knew and loved now sings as if she is entertaining only demotivated refugees seeking asylum in Guinea-Bissau.

What has happened to the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by kernniejay(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
I quite agree with you. I was surprised when I read some days back that Simi was not allowed into Immigration Office because of indecent dressing, I was like is this the Simi that I once knew to be a cool and decent "girl"?
Well, the popular saying that your true colour will not be revealed until you have money, fame or power is a valid statement.

150 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ebus12:

When I asked a similar question about a year ago, a certain lady did not only stop at countering, insulting, and calling me all sorts of unprintable names; she also badgered into my DM and called me a "male witch", for airing an observation. Well, I’m sure her conscience should have given her a hint as to who the real witch is now. Me, who observed and didn’t hide my fears about an artist’s decline, or her, a fake fan, who is more interested in giveaways than helping Simi redress her falling career.

Oh yes, even if we are all afraid to spit this raw truth out, we all know that the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne are probably chilling off somewhere around a hotel in Zonkwa, Kaduna State.

If we will be honest, we will confess that the Simi that gave us hits on a back-to-back basis is probably in national exile and, hopefully, might only return together with DJ Switch when the federal government grants Switch amnesty. If we are true music fans, we must have missed that charming Simi-Falz combo, whose only comparison is a scrumptious rice and gbegiri combo prepared by a 49-year-old Urhobo woman.

The present Simi is a complete shadow of herself. This present Simi, who used to be a hitmaker, is now more of a noisemaker and troublemaker, fighting innocent male fans on Twitter over women's rights and whatnot.

The present Simi, who was an exceptional songstress, has now been reduced—or rather, she has now reduced herself—to an in-house songwriter for her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Her songs, which were topping charts and getting over all airplay, are now hardly played in Calabar beer parlors.

The Simi that many once rated equal to or sometimes above Tiwa Savage is now scarily present in any music conversation.

The Simi that could effortlessly bag seven mega hits in a year is struggling for one average hit since "Duduke."

The energetic Simi we all knew and loved now sings as if she is entertaining only demotivated refugees seeking asylum in Guinea-Bissau.

The fkn bitch has lost her voice due to too much gbola

10 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by brain54(m): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
I think you are being too hard on simi…

It’s not always easy for female artists to dominate for a long time especially after child birth/marriage.

I think simi has done well!

304 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by talented321: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
My crush that year, with her sweet voice. Life no balance i swear

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by anungangampu: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
She use to be my decent star, but her birthday stuff i watched last time seems to me she missed being a bad girl who is appreciated for unclothedness and not for talent.

Am surprised too.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by mjuvey3: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
What you should know is that most of these artists got other businesses going on for them and they making the guap.

Rihanna who is one of the biggest artists in the world hasn't released an album since 2016...Even fans have been pressuring her to release anything that they'll buy it( If you follow Shaderoom on IG,you can testify to this)

She got her fenty line ,she also got a mega deal with Louis Vuitton and other big companies and if she dares release an album now, it'll go platinum in a week.

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by nautybride: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
Family-making happened to her.
It takes lot of hardwork and 'disobedience' on family grounds to become a successful career woman.
When you now put family on top your head like tray of bread for sale, you will fade away slowly career-wise. Few men are supportive of such wives though, ask Lara George.

Check ✅ men's comment on this thread.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by vastolord4(m): 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
Calm down! She now has friends in showbiz.. that's what happens. You can't have it all, you'll sacrifice some stuff to be in the showbiz. Look at her husband, he's a protégé of Simi and I can day she did a nice job with him.. if I were Gold, I'd tell her to write songs for me (and other willing artists ready to buy), we or I will voice, dive into another brand and only make bad ass tunes once in a while for we fans to appreciate.. please relate with Beyonce and jayz.. After Beyonce's last album, what happened?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Belafonte(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Simi is taking care of her family like all wise women should. Na mama of small pikin go dey go studio everyday dey go shows? You fit marry dat kain woman?

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Foodqueen(f): 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
Some women value the institution called marriage.

She isn't the first.

She choose the one that befitted her.

Let her be.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Depriest2020: 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
Oh! How much I love DUDUKE by Simi.

Don't worry Simi will be back, she's only giving marriage & child bearing top priority. It's difficult for women to pull through marriage & career together, you must chose one above the other.

Tiwa Savage chose career over marriage & she lost her marriage, I read somewhere she's asking God for a husband again.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by texannaija: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
True talk Oo… I hear Simi sing with live band for one of her shows a while ago and I dey kinda disappointed mehn!… Simi with the unique, angelic voice!!. Na wa ooo!!
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by MrLankeeee(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Belafonte:
Simi is taking care of her family like all wise women should. Na mama of small pikin go dey go studio everyday dey go shows? You fit marry dat kain woman?

Leave am make he dey talk....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by mkoabiola: 11:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
Simi no get song again
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Gadafii: 2:31am On Jun 16, 2023
She chose family over career, now rest in Jesus name

6 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Acidosis(m): 6:12am On Jun 16, 2023
What happened to WizKid?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by brain54(m): 7:03am On Jun 16, 2023
Acidosis:

What happened to WizKid?
Help me ask OP…

What happened to 2face!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by A305: 8:15am On Jun 16, 2023
When you are comfortable in life and have eaten atleast a slice from the pizza of success. You would stop taking life and your ambition seriously provided your future has been secured financially.

That was what happened to Simi.

In stoicism, we know it as: Excessive comfort brings about mental degradation.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by flokii: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2023
Simi don get money, get rest of mind.. If oerson tell me say Simi go get flesh, I will argue. Same thing with Helen Paul a.k.a tatafo. I remember those days in Akoka.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by bukatyne(f): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ebus12:

Simo has released a new single 'Stranger'.

Saw the thread on front page and thought of this your thread.

Musicians don hear am for your hand.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
bukatyne:

Simo has released a new single 'Stranger'.

Saw the thread on front page and thought of this your thread.

Musicians don hear am for your hand.

This one just dey follow me here and there.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by AntiChristian: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
No be she dey complain she was not allowed in a passport due to indecent dressing?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by slawomir: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Damnnn niggarrrr

The truth is most of our artistes are not talented the way they make us feel
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Omoawoke: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing, she has always been an olosho and an artist.
Art is make believe, they make you believe the character they played.
She only played a character of a descent modest girl and nothing more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by inoki247: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lol she don go husband house....

Mak what happen to Dekunle Gold also u will see say him sef him music dey one kind now....

Note:::. You can't compare the beginning of an artist with when he or she don blow na different vibe u go get...

8 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by TemplarLandry: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
She fell off.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Greathe1ght: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by tiswell(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Her marriage to Adekunle gold nor favor am sad
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Triangles1(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
To keep family you don't need to go to club for a show, to trend on timeline needs commitment.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Falz’s Soldier Video Is The Best Video You’ll Watch This Year / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / MI Reply Vector: My Son It Is Time To Live Up To Your Potential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.