Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 (37386 Views)

What Happened To Me After Church Today / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Kuramushe(m): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:
Where Is the Simi of 2014-2019?

When I asked a similar question about a year ago, a certain lady did not only stop at countering, insulting, and calling me all sorts of unprintable names; she also badgered into my DM and called me a "male witch", for airing an observation. Well, I’m sure her conscience should have given her a hint as to who the real witch is now. Me, who observed and didn’t hide my fears about an artist’s decline, or her, a fake fan, who is more interested in giveaways than helping Simi redress her falling career.

Oh yes, even if we are all afraid to spit this raw truth out, we all know that the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne are probably chilling off somewhere around a hotel in Zonkwa, Kaduna State.

If we will be honest, we will confess that the Simi that gave us hits on a back-to-back basis is probably in national exile and, hopefully, might only return together with DJ Switch when the federal government grants Switch amnesty. If we are true music fans, we must have missed that charming Simi-Falz combo, whose only comparison is a scrumptious rice and gbegiri combo prepared by a 49-year-old Urhobo woman.

That Simi was always anticipated.Bye bye Jaynet!

That Simi that these new generational Tems and Ayrra Starr can’t match.

That Simi gave Tiwa Savage and Yemi Alade a run for their money.

That Simi, whose songs were relatable and whose videos were educative,

That extra-ordinary, super-talented, and extremely creative Simi

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER HER MARRIAGE TO ADEKUNLE?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER THE BIRTH OF DEJA?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER DUDUKE?

The present Simi is a complete shadow of herself. This present Simi, who used to be a hitmaker, is now more of a noisemaker and troublemaker, fighting innocent male fans on Twitter over women's rights and whatnot.

The present Simi, who was an exceptional songstress, has now been reduced—or rather, she has now reduced herself—to an in-house songwriter for her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Her songs, which were topping charts and getting over all airplay, are now hardly played in Calabar beer parlors.

The Simi that many once rated equal to or sometimes above Tiwa Savage is now scarily present in any music conversation.

The Simi that could effortlessly bag seven mega hits in a year is struggling for one average hit since "Duduke."

The energetic Simi we all knew and loved now sings as if she is entertaining only demotivated refugees seeking asylum in Guinea-Bissau.

What has happened to the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne?

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Lincton: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
I hope Adekunle is following this thread? I want him to help me inspire and motivate our dear Simi back to fame with hit tracks
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by delpee(f): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
OldSkoolHeadBoy:
Are you talking about the same SIMI that has just released a new song ? Take a listen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07OVSaj_VrI&ab_channel=SimiVEVO

Nice song! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by ridbell01(m): 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
Simi has joined the mob(obidients) since then her career is going down
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Maysdevices(f): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
vastolord4:
Calm down! She now has friends in showbiz.. that's what happens. You can't have it all, you'll sacrifice some stuff to be in the showbiz. Look at her husband, he's a protégé of Simi and I can day she did a nice job with him.. if I were Gold, I'd tell her to write songs for me (and other willing artists ready to buy), we or I will voice, dive into another brand and only make bad ass tunes once in a while for we fans to appreciate.. please relate with Beyonce and jayz.. After Beyonce's last album, what happened?
Adekunle Gold is protege of Simi?

Are you on crack?
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Benjamin4388(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
this is human nature at his most disguesting...as much as you all just wanna bring a star thatz the equivalent wen you want to wish bring them down...long talk..you no stil reach a tenth of 100 of how life been good to both of u individually
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Padipadi:

Receive sense dz week. 🧠
🖐️
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by fortunechy(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
she used to be decent until Satan took over...
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by aalangel(f): 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Never liked her voice...
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi(m): 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
4KNGOATS:

🖐️
🖐️🖐️🖐️
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by subcbouy: 1:20am On Jun 20, 2023
But how would she even go into the immigration office with her exposed chest? She never thinks immigration will take her picture for renewal or what was she thinking.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by MrCounselor: 3:20am On Jun 20, 2023
kernniejay:
I quite agree with you. I was surprised when I read some days back that Simi was not allowed into Immigration Office because of indecent dressing, I was like is this the Simi that I once knew to be a cool and decent "girl"?
Well, the popular saying that your true colour will not be revealed until you have money, fame or power is a valid statement.

I don't think that was because of exposing body but because of wig, facials and makeup/earrring kinda stuff.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by bdon12: 5:15am On Jun 20, 2023
She is there writing songs for adekunle.becos those songs no be him write am
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Padipadi:

🖐️🖐️🖐️
grin grin mumuman
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi(m): 7:57am On Jun 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

grin grin mumuman
mumuboy, I see you are a goat, ewure like you.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by dealslip(f): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2023
It's not easy keeping a family and a career. What happened to Serena after childbirth, she couldn't get back to the top. That is why God didn't handover the labour of care to women because she already labours during and after pregnancy.Taking care of a family is draining, it sometimes impedes creativity. I believe she will bounce back.
You can see Adekunle Gold has blown instead. He has all the time to do his shows but where do you expect her to put Dejare. I also think the song stranger says it all. I think that song speaks of her presently.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by dealslip(f): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2023
Maysdevices:
Adekunle Gold is protege of Simi?

Are you on crack?
You no know, she was the one that helped him stay on track, he started off with R and B. She made him focus on Afrobeat. Do you know she is a sound engineer and mixes all his sounds He has said it in many interviews. She was already a star when he met her. Him staying with mostly indigenous sounds made him attractive to Olamide, who invests mainly in Indigenous sounds.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Padipadi:
mumuboy, I see you are a goat, ewure like you.
Madafakkaaaa
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Madafakkaaaa
Mofo, wipe your tears.

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 10:27am On Jun 20, 2023
Padipadi:

Mofo, wipe your tears.

grin grin u no well
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Tonytonex(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
mjuvey3:
What you should know is that most of these artists got other businesses going on for them and they making the guap.

Rihanna who is one of the biggest artists in the world hasn't released an album since 2016...Even fans have been pressuring her to release anything that they'll buy it( If you follow Shaderoom on IG,you can testify to this)

She got her fenty line ,she also got a mega deal with Louis Vuitton and other big companies and if she dares release an album now, it'll go platinum in a week.
wow I never noticed that. Rihanna has not release a song since 2016?
That's surprising
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

grin grin u no well
When you know say I senior for you yabbing, why you dey do more than yourself?
Instead of you to say uncle, abeg you carry string head like ibo fan wey the coil go soon spoil.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Padipadi:

When you know say I senior for you yabbing, why you dey do more than yourself?
Instead of you to say uncle, abeg you carry string head like ibo fan wey the coil go soon spoil.
Taaaar naso u tink am? With dat ur long gbola like Mai suya knife
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Taaaar naso u tink am? With dat ur long gbola like Mai suya knife
You are a bad boy.

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Maysdevices(f): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
dealslip:

You no know, she was the one that helped him stay on track, he started off with R and B. She made him focus on Afrobeat. Do you know she is a sound engineer and mixes all his sounds He has said it in many interviews. She was already a star when he met her. Him staying with mostly indigenous sounds made him attractive to Olamide, who invests mainly in Indigenous sounds.
Okay
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Padipadi:

You are a bad boy.
grin grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by nairamaniac: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Simii's last album, TO BE HONEST, was a wonderful album.

But from the first time I heard it, I knew it wdnt get national acceptance, as it was too classy to be accepted by majority of Nigerians. Nigerians like the local viral kpangolo stuffs.

Also for the fact that the album didn't come out with any scandals attached to her during the period of it's release, it didn't also help it's publicity.

Op did you settle down to listen and enjoy her last album?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Falz’s Soldier Video Is The Best Video You’ll Watch This Year / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / MI Reply Vector: My Son It Is Time To Live Up To Your Potential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.