Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 (37385 Views)

What Happened To Me After Church Today / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Weedhustler: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Life na turn by turn...her time don pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by sslcrypt: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tor
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by fasho01(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
brain54:
I think you are being too hard on simi…

It’s not always easy for female artists to dominate for a long time especially after child birth/marriage.

I think simi has done well!

My thoughts exactly
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Die009: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
4KNGOATS:

The fkn bitch has lost her voice due to too much gbola

In my own opinion I think the reason Simi is not like before is she open mouth talk for yahoo boy matters that year and falz too both of them lost relevant in the street that may add to her you know
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by ComptonGee: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
Na dick happen to Simi nah
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by RoadMozart(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Na Nigerian Idol she put for head now
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by IamV: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Follow Tinubu & HE peter obi live court updates for today,19TH JUNE ,2023 here ;

https://www.nairaland.com/7733866/peter-obi-vs-tinubu-19th#123896239

you're welcome.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Bobxin: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
brain54:
I think you are being too hard on simi…

It’s not always easy for female artists to dominate for a long time especially after child birth/marriage.

I think simi has done well!

Exactly, she has gotten to her peak.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Ireportlive: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
Multiple endorsement, multiple shows, rich husband, happy family

She doesn't seem to have the drive anymore, she has nothing to prove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by FreeStuffsNG: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
kernniejay:
I quite agree with you. I was surprised when I read some days back that Simi was not allowed into Immigration Office because of indecent dressing, I was like is this the Simi that I once knew to be a cool and decent "girl"?
Well, the popular saying that your true colour will not be revealed until you have money, fame or power is a valid statement.
Simi ti woke to derail abi derail to woke ni

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by ukaface(f): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:
Where Is the Simi of 2014-2019?

When I asked a similar question about a year ago, a certain lady did not only stop at countering, insulting, and calling me all sorts of unprintable names; she also badgered into my DM and called me a "male witch", for airing an observation. Well, I’m sure her conscience should have given her a hint as to who the real witch is now. Me, who observed and didn’t hide my fears about an artist’s decline, or her, a fake fan, who is more interested in giveaways than helping Simi redress her falling career.

Oh yes, even if we are all afraid to spit this raw truth out, we all know that the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne are probably chilling off somewhere around a hotel in Zonkwa, Kaduna State.

If we will be honest, we will confess that the Simi that gave us hits on a back-to-back basis is probably in national exile and, hopefully, might only return together with DJ Switch when the federal government grants Switch amnesty. If we are true music fans, we must have missed that charming Simi-Falz combo, whose only comparison is a scrumptious rice and gbegiri combo prepared by a 49-year-old Urhobo woman.

That Simi was always anticipated.

That Simi that these new generational Tems and Ayrra Starr can’t match.

That Simi gave Tiwa Savage and Yemi Alade a run for their money.

That Simi, whose songs were relatable and whose videos were educative,

That extra-ordinary, super-talented, and extremely creative Simi

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER HER MARRIAGE TO ADEKUNLE?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER THE BIRTH OF DEJA?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER DUDUKE?

The present Simi is a complete shadow of herself. This present Simi, who used to be a hitmaker, is now more of a noisemaker and troublemaker, fighting innocent male fans on Twitter over women's rights and whatnot.

The present Simi, who was an exceptional songstress, has now been reduced—or rather, she has now reduced herself—to an in-house songwriter for her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Her songs, which were topping charts and getting over all airplay, are now hardly played in Calabar beer parlors.

The Simi that many once rated equal to or sometimes above Tiwa Savage is now scarily present in any music conversation.

The Simi that could effortlessly bag seven mega hits in a year is struggling for one average hit since "Duduke."

The energetic Simi we all knew and loved now sings as if she is entertaining only demotivated refugees seeking asylum in Guinea-Bissau.

What has happened to the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne?

I don’t think anything happened to o Simi
She’s still same kinda person to me after all these years
I never knew she was giving Yemi and tiwa a chase for the money.
She has her kinda music
She is even more radiant to me
She seems to be enjoying life too and not doing work work work
There’s nothing sup with her
Her music is still kinda same as of years past
Yeah, a lil bit of taking care of the home might have brought some drawbacks to her releasing songs but that doesn’t mean she’s going through anything. Make Una rest
Una wan talk say Adekunle Dey tell am to sit down for house ba?? See them
More so, Adekunle doesn’t seem that selfish to me

Make Una rest, no Dey blow smoke for where fire no Dey.

You should have asked what is wrong with Yemi Alade or omawunmi or waje.

Except if na another simi you Dey talk about

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by EmiDior(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
What happened to Omah Lay?

So sad that he failed to give ur hits like the ones he gave us on Get Layd and What Have We Done album
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by inkon: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Abagworo(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
She has been making good music but her kind of music isn't popping at the moment. I still love her songs and mind you "Logba Logba" was a 2022 smash hit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by fullnetwork: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Whichever way, I miss her songs (voice an delivery).
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Drone95(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Adekunle dey give am food money
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
90% of artiste don’t put in the work any longer after fame. Wince they become comfortable, few hardly put-in that same energy into their music, and why you have 1 hit song artiste littering everywhere.

Once they taste fame, give them two years and they out! They always fail to realize that consistency takes greater work.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Robertgreene1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Just mind ur biz dude...
It is ur kind that pushes artistes into depression or suicide
She owns you nothing
She's paid her dues
Go and pay yours bros
Go get a life!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Innobee99(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
4KNGOATS:

The fkn bitch has lost her voice due to too much gbola
A bitch to her husband remember
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by jubrilELsudan: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
HER HUSBAND DON USE HER DESTINY

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 43Ronin: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
maturity and family life happened to her. All yoruba married women cannot be wayward like Tiwa savage & toke makinwa. It a sacrifice you must win one to lose one. She has decided that she wants her family to win. That is a REAL WOMAN

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Dougad: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Musicians have a short time of popularity. If they're very lucky,they get to 10 years but those ones are the rarity.

Wizkid, Davido, and the likes are on borrowed time. The young boys are taking over.

6 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Allisgud: 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
She has elevated in singing with adekunle gold trouser mic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by OloyeVIII: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
In this world, you cum and you go.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Ibkrichie(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
This OP self need to examine his life before complaining about someone life that has already make it

What I know about life is everything we do here in life depends on time.. it depends on how you use it
Simi time has come and gone, so I happy for her that she used her time we'll,
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by kingyakos: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
Music don finish for her side
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Neddstark: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Then she was under a management. Now she's her own management.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Falz’s Soldier Video Is The Best Video You’ll Watch This Year / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / Teni Wins Rookie Of The Year At 2018 Headies Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.