Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy (39600 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate By David Hundeyin / Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest / Kwara Gets Innoson Fire Fighting Truck (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by wirinet(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2023
kingyakos:
I don't know how this makes sense to some people or are they just attaching tribalism to it, how does a firefighter truck makes sense in a convoy that all the vehicles are with fire extinguisher. I strongly believe if it was buhari that introduced firefighter truck in his presidential convoy, so many bigot giving kudos to this nonsense won't be in support.

I suspect that president tinubu feels insecure being in Boko Haram infested region and given the fact that he is hugely unpopular in Abuja (given his votes there), and so he feels a venue he might be attending an event could be bombed. I believed the fire truck is for venues where he attends events outside the security of aso rock, instead of the convoy itself.

That's the only way it makes sense.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Nicenixon: 9:41am On Jun 17, 2023
wifeesnatcher:

Na censor insult you go tey finished those idiiots and they won't dare quote you again

if any of them try to quote me I go finished them a week sef them no go log in on this forum

they're complex inferiority idiots who spent all their live in their useless mud region called fooling sun
na Muhammad Ali's punch be this o. Na this kind vawulence I dy like, nobody has the monopoly of violence.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by ppogba: 9:45am On Jun 17, 2023
The comments of most people here shows that probably, they have not seen a presidential convoy before.

I was privileged to see the convoy of DAME Patience Jonathan in Ibadan and can confirm that a fire truck was amongst the accompanying team.

The writer of the report saying it's the first of it's kind is just being MUMU.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Megaautos(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2023
Sir the convoy of most presidents have it.
DaddyJapan:
One firefighting truck for just one citizen bah shocked
Do the vehicles in his convoy not have fire extinguishers?
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by wirinet(m): 9:52am On Jun 17, 2023
viodemus:

The Americans, chinese, russians, have it. Including an ambulance.

What sillybu does not know is that, the truck is more than a fire truck, it is more so a chemical neutralizer for chemical attack and even a nuclear attack. If you successfully attack the convoy or the truck itself, the fumes and chemicals has the ability to create a neutralizing shield within a certain area, giving the security time to quickly assess, and make fast adjustments, like put mask, jump out from one car to another undamaged car, and dip out of there. Without that, they attack might overpower their mask and temporary body shield. Yes, it also has fire retarding chemical to quench a successful mine or regular fire. But overall, theirs, is part of a tactical strategy in precarious times.

Those are serious countries. Places like UK, some asians like Japan, do only ambulance convoy, but that chemical truck - that the Nigerian dun^ce thought it is just a water thing --- is on standby, not far away. But sillybu wants to drive around doing guy, with algae infested water tanks. The maintenance on those trucks is top notch in great countries, like the other cars in the convoy. The Nigerian side is aloof to these technicalities. Theirs is for ego tripping and wastage.

Serious countries are no joke for a reason.
Ogbeni, e be like say you don watch too many jack Bauer series. That scenario is highly unlikely in the real world.
First of all no vehicle or truck could stop a nuclear attack. Nuclear is radiation, you need feets (not inches) of lead to shield from radiation (gamma) or you go underground.
Secondly, there are gas masks thar can protect against most types of chemical attacks. Even soldiers in wars use gas masks as protection and not vehicles.

Finally, an attack that would disable all the multiple layers of security around the president will most likely succeed - chemical neutraliser truck or not. The president vehicle is not only bullet proof but also to some extent bomb proof. If they can eliminate the dozens of vehicles in the presidents vehicle and the hundreds of personel in the presidents security, they would eliminate the chemical neutraliser/ fire truck vehicle also, and get to the president.

The Lebanese Prime Minister Rafic Hariri was assassinated along with dozens of security details when his bullet proof and bomb proof car was bombed in 2005.

I am still waiting for links to the fire truck that you claim follows US presidents, UK prime minister and other country's presidents, particularly when moving around in their own countries.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by BreconHills(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:

The President of any country represents the dignity and prestige of the state. He can add whatever he wants to his convoy. The convoy does not belong to him personally, it is an extension of the Nigerian state.

Election is over.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by wirinet(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2023
Megaautos:
Sir the convoy of most presidents have it.

Proof please.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by kingyakos: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2023
wirinet:

I suspect that president tinubu feels insecure being in Boko Haram infested region and given the fact that he is hugely unpopular in Abuja (given his votes there), and so he feels a venue he might be attending an event could be bombed. I believed the fire truck is for venues where he attends events outside the security of aso rock, instead of the convoy itself.

That's the only way it makes sense.

What are you even saying, wetin concern firefighter truck and bomb blast.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by StJasper(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:

In wealthier countries, the Head of State relies on the local fire service (and fire trucks) in the communities he visits.
What is described above is a bone-headed idea that should attract a lot of criticism.

In saner climes, fire truck is always in the presidential concoy
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by wirinet(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2023
kingyakos:

What are you even saying, wetin concern firefighter truck and bomb blast.
Bomb blasts cause fire. After the initial shock waves the rest of the destruction is caused by fire.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Hotwest: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2023
All these old rich men like their life pass anything. Dem wan chop life well with their money
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by abbeyfel: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2023
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions.

What is fire fighting truck doing in a convoy?

Are all the people in the convoy going to be inside one vehicle at a time or all the vehicles in the convoy will catch fire all at once?

Were did I mention fire extinguisher?

Even if I did, what is the relationship between fire extinguisher and hatred?
e be like say you no get work this morning abi? What is really the relevance of your argument here? You sha wan talk against Tinubu. I know if it were Peter Obi, you'll definitely be applauding this move. Abeg shift jare. How is this even a bone of contention?
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by bigcasava1(m): 10:13am On Jun 17, 2023
viyon02:
I must confess, this is a smart action.
how? Is that how other reasonable countries do? What happened to the fire extinguisher in the car? Who give am this kind idea
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Domoghene: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2023
Please assist me in getting my money back from @Alat digital bank by Wemabank (#18850). I recently had my Twitter account suspended as a result of my protest over a refused transaction for which I received no value. At the Rainoil Limited gas station, that incident happened. I have complied with all their requests, but they have not returned my money. The management of Rain Oil argues that even though it is not their fault, my bank return my money. Please assist me in recovering my funds.

The worst aspect is that Wema Bank is far from my home in Ughelli Delta State And might spend all the money trying to transport to the other cities where the bank is.

Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by DaddyJapan(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2023
abbeyfel:
Think before you type. You will not die if you do! How can you say "firefighting truck for just one citizen?" Is your head paining you? Is Tinubu the only one in the convoy? Do you even know what a convoy mean like this

Babastrong:
[/quote]

[quote author=abbeyfel post=123849953]What is your problem with this particular one! How has adding a firefighting truck to the president's convoy give you sleepless night? What is bad in it? Don't just type, be rational in your thinking? And to your question. What makes you think the truck is only for the convoy? And you mention fire extinguisher. I just laugh. You are only saying this because of your hatred for one particular person. Kontinue while he keeps progressing...

Segzy19:
You even get time to dey answer the muntula.
They will always rush to display their ignorance...

Segzy19:
Won't the truck be manned by personnel?
Are you this daft?

McFizzy:
myopic thininking

Pandev:
all these illiterate kids. It's just a mini truck, olodo. Kids thinks fire service is only about fire, rushed to the thread and started embarrassing himself all in the name of attention from his fellow zombidients. angry

You all have a powerful tool at your disposal, use it! Yes, use the internet to extend your limited thinking abilities. cool
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Megaautos(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2023
Please go on YouTube and confirm for yourself, I’ve been trying to upload some info for you but I guess the files were to heavy to upload here
wirinet:

Proof please.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by freemanq(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2023
Oga president really learn when he was in America, he is showing us a change from what we used to see
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by viyon02: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2023
[quote author=bigcasava1 post=123851697] how? Is that how other reasonable countries do? What happened to the fire extinguisher in the car? Who give am this kind idea [/quotoe] Read about the (beast) the US president official car, it is more complex than any car in the world.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by viodemus: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2023
wirinet:

Ogbeni, e be like say you don watch too many jack Bauer series. That scenario is highly unlikely in the real world.
First of all no vehicle or truck could stop a nuclear attack. Nuclear is radiation, you need feets (not inches) of lead to shield from radiation (gamma) or you go underground.
Secondly, there are gas masks thar can protect against most types of chemical attacks. Even soldiers in wars use gas masks as protection and not vehicles.

Finally, an attack that would disable all the multiple layers of security around the president will most likely succeed - chemical neutraliser truck or not. The president vehicle is not only bullet proof but also to some extent bomb proof. If they can eliminate the dozens of vehicles in the presidents vehicle and the hundreds of personel in the presidents security, they would eliminate the chemical neutraliser/ fire truck vehicle also, and get to the president.

The Lebanese Prime Minister Rafic Hariri was assassinated along with dozens of security details when his bullet proof and bomb proof car was bombed in 2005.

I am still waiting for links to the fire truck that you claim follows US presidents, UK prime minister and other country's presidents, particularly when moving around in their own countries.

you go wait tire.
na only me get google? Wetin do your hand.
I dey comot DC this evening back to Naija, I dey stay 16th st for a week now, their number 1 dey 14th st. I still see convoy this week. It is actually a modified truck for chemicals, if you know, you know.

guy, you are still in backages small, there are proven gamma shields chemicals that can shield for 30 minutes to an hour or a little over that, even plant engineers can use a lower version of that, and those chemical masks are good and all but many will be used with chemical shields on d day of armageddon. Masks alone will not save you when your skin pores are exposed. Of course, everyone thinks their own will work, and your enemies will try to know what your chemical compositions are, so that they can compose a more credible weapon.

These leaders own, are moreso for rogue elements like terrorist, or a vicious infiltrator, etc Not really for a credible adversary like russia or china. But who knows where their research capabilities have led them to.

who doesn't know they have mine resistant under carriage. Just in case, it is a mine that would release other things, more than a blast, is why they move around with catalyst or neutalizers.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by viyon02: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
smart? When has any president or govb :ernor ever needed to extinguish a burning vehicle whilst moving from point A-B?
you wouldn't understand
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by viyon02: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2023
bigcasava1:
how? Is that how other reasonable countries do? What happened to the fire extinguisher in the car? Who give am this kind idea
It is more complex than just a water tank, there is more to it than water tank.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by GloriousGbola: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
Personally I don’t get this. Maybe they’ll add a Dangote cement trailer and Bovas fuel tanker next.

We always forget that we’re a poor country that’s surviving on loans.

Nigerias federal fire service is practically non existent. I think this may be a message that this admin will focus on upgrading of its capacity. This assumption is based on other things stated in the article.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by MeineMutter: 10:57am On Jun 17, 2023
Onye obioma are not happy because their hopes of setting Nigeria’s president ablaze are dashed.

I am sure Tulumbu is relying on intelligence gathering, to have included this in his fleet.

Worst menace deserves best solution.

American presidents drive around with their anti ballistic Limousines that can withstand any armored fired at it and they are fixed with blood banks that match that of their president.

Children of 8 will not fault this. It is our own that they will fault.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by DaddyJapan(m): 11:01am On Jun 17, 2023
BreconHills:

The President of any country represents the dignity and prestige of the state. He can add whatever he wants to his convoy. The convoy does not belong to him personally, it is an extension of the Nigerian state.

Election is over.

Is it any wonder that our leaders get to trample on us when citizens, like you, provide an open cheque and license to do anything?

Do you realise that in more mature democracies - yes, wealthier countries - the Head of State relies on emergency vehicles in the communities he visits?
Do you also know that the local police force is usually engaged to provide not only an additional layer of security but also a conduit to hospitals...etc.

I asked earlier on if the expectation is to have that truck flown all over the country because I, a tax payer, reserve the right to ask uncomfortable questions.

Now just so you know, one of the first things Buhari did on assuming office was to cut down on the number of vehicles in the Presidential motorcade. Although that attack on wasteful spending was fleeting at best, it brought an important issue into sharp focus for a time.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan maintained not less that 23 cars in his motorcade.

President Muhammadu Buhari has cut down the number of vehicles in the presidential motorcade, sources told Daily Trust.
... ...
The president moves in a motorcade of about 12 vehicles as counted by our reporters recently. The senate president and the speaker’s convoys comprise of an average of 10 vehicles each.

The highest number of vehicles in Buhari’s ministers’ convoys is four while the lowest number is two as observed by our reporters.
Source: Buhari Cuts Cars In Motorcade, https://dailytrust.com/buhari-cuts-cars-in-motorcade/
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by BabaO2: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:
Poor reasoning. Stop being hateful when someone else is doing well and progressing. If you dont know, it is very important to have firefighters on the presidential entourage. It doesnt necessarily have to be president's car, it could be citizen cars/ public places while president is passing. Most Fire extinguishers in cars are not effective. Your thinking is so appalling
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by EgunMogaji2: 11:03am On Jun 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Nigerias federal fire service is practically non existent. I think this may be a message that this admin will focus on upgrading of its capacity. This assumption is based on other things stated in the article.

Hopefully.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Wizman423: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:
Some people will not support you even when you’re doing the right thing. SMH enemy of progress. Check united state president convoy , fire fighter always on alert 🚨
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by DaddyJapan(m): 11:07am On Jun 17, 2023
BabaO2:

Poor reasoning. Stop being hateful when someone else is doing well and progressing. If you dont know, it is very important to have firefighters on the presidential entourage. It doesnt necessarily have to be president's car, it could be citizen cars/ public places while president is passing. Most Fire extinguishers in cars are not effective. Your thinking is so appalling

Says the one reposed with vacuous thinking.
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by richmond500: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2023
DaddyJapan:
he is the president and is entitled to it
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by lexy2014: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2023
abbeyfel:
e be like say you no get work this morning abi? What is really the relevance of your argument here? You sha wan talk against Tinubu. I know if it were Peter Obi, you'll definitely be applauding this move. Abeg shift jare. How is this even a bone of contention?

You haven't answered my questions.

What is fire fighting truck doing in a convoy?

Are all the people in the convoy going to be inside one vehicle at a time or all the vehicles in the convoy will catch fire all at once?

Were did I mention fire extinguisher?

Even if I did, what is the relationship between fire extinguisher and hatred?
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by Biodun556(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2023
joyandfaith:

Is that an achievement? MMM!!!

It is a news because it has never happened before in Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2023
viyon02:
you wouldn't understand
what makes you think I wouldn’t?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement / Mildred Okowa's Birthday: Governor Celebrates His First Daughter On Her Birthday / Buhari Dissolves Boards Of Federal Parastatals, Agencies

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.