Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi (57402 Views)

Fayemi Dances To 'Buga' Song While Celebrating Tinubu’s Victory (Pix, Video) / Jubilation In Lagos Market Over Tinubu’s Victory At APC Primaries (Video) / Kate Osamor: We Must Stop Funding Corrupt Nigerian Security Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Pacyrus(m): 7:03am On Jun 17, 2023
helinues:
grin
You again! tongue
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Sermwell(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2023
YourMrBoo:
To tell you the truth... INEC chairman didn't say that and the said news publication it's obviously backdated by tribune...

Else why didn't other news dailies publish same...
Keep lying to yourself! A journalist came to court to testify that he said so but that's not even current with happenings is saying otherwise. Did you watch the INEC chairman's speech at Chatham House?
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Oksman(m): 7:06am On Jun 17, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
A lawless country knows how to habbour criminals regardless tongue

Exactly!
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

That's where the dunceness of Nigeria comes, copying American system without understanding. DC is a State in America, nothing like territory, inside DC is Washington; the capital of District Columbia State ( DC) So Americans have the right to classify it as ordinary state since it has elected governor just like every other states in the US but in our own case, it's totally different ball game, Our FCT is distinct from other states, it's called a Territory and not a state and its administrative blocks are totally different from every other state in Nigeria. If you don't know that it has a special status and different from Nigerian states, then you should know it today, at least that's how your constitution presents it, and this is why 25% is needed in it. If you want to learn more about it, then you can go to history of Abuja to understand its geographical importance in Nigeria; the problem with Nigeria is that most don't read including their moronic leaders, that's why the thief didn't care to study the constitution and hastily announced the winner after taking some bribes or whatever inducement, I see him going to jail soon, because the constitution is the bedrock of every society and toying with it is not forgivable

You are the dunce here. You are telling us the differences between Washington and Abuja. It is better not to expose your folly or ignorance in public, otherwise, it might be taken for insanity.

Firstly, you are telling us the differences between Territory and a State. When Calabar or Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, they were not Federal Capital Territory according to your illusion.

How old are you? Femi Falana has spoken on the judgement given by Supreme Court on the issue of FCT in a judgement which clearly made FCT like the 37th State in Nigeria.

Justice Akinola Aguda commission that carved out Abuja created Territory from already existing States boundaries for the proposed new Federal Capital as at that time. So, Mr man, there is no any special status granted Abuja more than Washington as far as Nigeria is concerned. The fact that Abuja is not a Capital of Kwarra or Plateau or Niger like Washington is a Capital of DC State has no meaning here. Lagos was a Capital of Nigeria before Abuja.

Murtala Muhammed gave the reasons why Lagos became unsuitable for Nigeria and gave Justice Akinola Aguda the terms of reference for the establishment of new Federal Capital.

At no time, in 1979 and 1999 Constitution was a special status given to Abuja other than what it has been. There is no any constitution amendment by Act of Parliament (Federal & States) that specifically amended the Status of FCT to include the 25% voting power to rule Nigeria. I am very sure the Yorubas and South South can never support it. Though the IBOS support BIAFRA dream, out of confusion, they will support it.

The Electoral Act and many FG policy documents referred to the entire Nigeria as 36 States and FCT. This has led to Court cases because of distribution of Resources and Supreme Court has ruled on this.

Peter OBI cannot change this. The Presidential system of government we are using in Nigeria is from US.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by georgeakins: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2023
Danisaint112:
With all the evidence presented against Tinubu it will be hard for the Judiciary to trample on Peter Obi case.

Peter Obi is even bring more reasonable points and facts than Atiku. The rigged him to third but he is the major opposition now.

That's why I keep telling corn addicts not to rejoice yet. So that when the big shock happen8s it won't claim their lives.

Jagaban is your presidency
Make Ibos dey deceive themselves
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Desktop35: 7:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Feintline:
When a woman snatches another woman's husband, and the woman whose husband was snatched starts fighting, the husband snatcher will do everything possible to convince the man and all around that she is better than the man's wife.

This is what is presently playing out in Nigeria.

Tinubu the yakubu select and unconstitutional president is doing everything possible to make Nigerians feel he is a better choice than Peter Obi, the man who the People voted for.

Don't be fooled by bills up in bills being signed. Signing bill is not an achievement.
Buhari signed bills upon bills.
Buhari himself signed electoral law that Yakubu brazenly failed to implement.

What affects the common man is the implementation of bills right down for the common man to see and feel.

I love what PODATTI and lawyers are doing.
Choke them with Evidence.

Say the man i voted for
not the people voted for
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by MrsTblooms: 7:09am On Jun 17, 2023
Wetin a dey do for here (. In a circle community). Yeah!!!! I don waste some of my data be that oooo.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by princekwi: 7:09am On Jun 17, 2023
babaolofin:

You are the dunce here. You are telling us the differences between Washington and Abuja. It is better not to expose your folly or ignorance in public, otherwise, it might be taken for insanity.

Firstly, you are telling us the differences between Territory and a State. When Calabar or Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, they were not Federal Capital Territory according to your illusion.

How old are you? Femi Falana has spoken on the judgement given by Supreme Court on the issue of FCT in a judgement which clearly made FCT like the 37th State in Nigeria.

Justice Akinola Aguda commission that carved out Abuja created Territory from already existing States boundaries for the proposed new Federal Capital as that time. So, Mr man, there is no any special status granted Abuja more than Washington as far as Nigeria is concerned. The fact that Abuja is not a Capital of Kwarra or Plateau or Niger like Washington is a Capital of DC State has no meaning here. Lagos was a Capital of Nigeria before Abuja.

Murtala Muhammed gave the reasons why Lagos became unsuitable for Nigeria and gave Justice Akinola Aguda the terms of reference for the establishment of new Federal Capital.

At no time, in 1979 and 1999 Constitution was a special status given to Abuja other than what it has been. There is no any constitution amendment by Act of Parliament (Federal & States) that specifically amended the Status of FCT to include the 25% voting power to rule Nigeria. I am very the Yorubas and South South can never support it. Though the IBOS support BIAFRA dream, out of confusion, they will support it.

The Electoral Act and many FG policy documents referred to the entire Nigeria as 36 States and FCT. This has led to Court cases because of distribution of Resources and Supreme Court has ruled on this.

Peter OBI cannot change this.

Answer this simple question, how many states are there in Nigeria? this is a primary school question, answer me Mr Falana my foot,

It's not about Peter Obi, Obi didn't write your constitution, it's what your constitution says, so why blaming Obi for what your constitution says, Your constitution always differentiate between the States and FCT so why calling Obi?
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Pacyrus(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2023
helinues:

Go to Court
Stale
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Geopex(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

All evidences so far alluded to by the petitioner are damning and cut off feet of the respondents that they almost smuggled in newspaper not front loaded during the pre-hearing. That tribune newspaper smuggled in was objected to and not admitted to as evidence by the tribunal. It was thrashed accordingly.
The cruise is that Professor of Mathematics, the man so intelligent and giving them (respondents) technical answers to their questions. See three key words he used and they got confused, even APC supporters on line.
Collation center
Collation system
Tabulation
In describing what IREVs is.
He said, IREVs is a collation system but not a collation centre. He further submitted that IREVs doesn't tabulate results but serves as checker.
The word checker is in tandem with section 64 (5)(6) of the 2022 electoral Act in case there is dispute in votes collated.
Please don't reply me to spew jargon if you don't know what is written in the section because court case is not by emotion, don't vent your emotions around nairaland with no reason. Law is law and there is nothing your emotions can do against it.

Who thrashed the tribune headlines?
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Pacyrus(m): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2023
richie240:
Nothing new. Is 'blood no longer thicker than water' again"?

Ijeoma!

And if u support obi/LP may ur life be like Anambra state during peter obi's tenure as Anambra state governor!
cool
Who be this one
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Pacyrus(m): 7:12am On Jun 17, 2023
Souka lafia
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by vRendoh(m): 7:13am On Jun 17, 2023
Dem still dey for court? Haha!
We go leave una behind, cos Nigeria is moving already.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Julliet1122: 7:15am On Jun 17, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
If you support Tinubu or APC, may your life be like Nigeria under their rulership.
This hatred will kill you very soon some you go get hypertension and guess what obi no know who your ediot fath*r that eat moimoi leaf like goat is
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Blazebond(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2023
OBI is joke sha,the man too MUMU,so na words of mouth or promise na em he dey take hold yakubu and inec so,so na the so called big surprise be dis, OBI nor get sense at All.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Geopex(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2023
abbey621:

Rules & Regulation 48
An election result shall only be collated if the Collation Officer ascertains that the number of accredited voters agrees with the number recorded in the BVAS and votes scored by Political Parties on the result sheet is correct and agrees with the result electronically transmitted or transferred directly from the Polling Unit as prescribed in these Regulations and Guidelines. (b) If a Collation or Returning Officer determines that a result from a lower level of collation is not correct, he/she shall use the result electronically transmitted or transferred directly from that lower level to collate and announce the result. (c) if no result has been directly transmitted electronically for a polling unit or any level of collation, the provision of Clause 93 of these Regulations shall be applied.

Clause 93
On its part, Clause 93 provides that “Where the INEC hardcopy of collated results from the immediate lower level of collation does not exist, the Collation Officer shall use electronically transmitted results or results from the IReV portal to continue collation. Where none of these exist, the Collation Officer shall ask for duplicate hardcopies issued by the Commission to the following bodies in the order below: (i) The Nigeria Police Force; and (ii) Agents of Political Parties”

If you still don't understand then forget about it grin grin grin grin

They will tell u that it was your own version
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

Answer this simple question, how many states are there in Nigeria? this is a primary school question, answer me Mr Falana my foot,

It's not about Peter Obi, Obi didn't write your constitution, it's what your constitution says, so why blaming Obi for what your constitution says, Your constitution always differentiate between the States and FCT so why calling Obi?

It is not in my Constitution.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by princekwi: 7:19am On Jun 17, 2023
babaolofin:

It is not in my Constitution.

It is brother and if you are not cleared, you should also ask Kadaria ahmed that explained it vividly in life broadcast on Arise Tv before the election and not after the election, so Nigeria is governed by an unconstitutional president and it spells doom for the country
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Geopex(m): 7:20am On Jun 17, 2023
Obi should focus on another part of the petition. I repeat no court will trash the last election and claim inec did not follow procedures. Know this and know peace.
Inec said they will snap results and send to server. But not a Mandatory they use it to collate results. They did not use the online one to collate for your senators won by lp, and reps seat won by lp and gov seat won by lp and u did not reject the results.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by TheGift: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2023
helinues:
grin

Yes, use a joke to avoid facing the facts.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Image123(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

the term used is provides, and offers no alternative to such, so INEC is faulty in all ramifications and should go to jail

Provide means that you make room for something. It means they can lawfully transmit. They DID transmit BTW.
If i say i will provide for your school fees, it doesn't mean i will give it before resumption. i might provide it close to your examination after they've probably sent you home from school a couple of times. It's a moral obligation for me to try providing it on time but i am not under any force to time.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by abbey621(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

Whether it's a state or not, doesn't matter, your FCT clearly states that 25% is needed there and non can twist it ok, jokers everywhere

So you wrote a whole epistle based on false assumption.....First of all, take that L and revise your epistle, your 25% argument makes no damn sense!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by abbey621(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

( electronically transmitted or electronically transfered, so that are you saying?

You sure say you never get eye problem? grin grin Read the sentence before the bold part and then the bold part, surely you see where your argument don get k leg? Abi too much garri don dey show you side effect?
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by imam07: 7:26am On Jun 17, 2023
Feintline:
When a woman snatches another woman's husband, and the woman whose husband was snatched starts fighting, the husband snatcher will do everything possible to convince the man and all around that she is better than the man's wife.

This is what is presently playing out in Nigeria.

Tinubu the yakubu select and unconstitutional president is doing everything possible to make Nigerians feel he is a better choice than Peter Obi, the man who the People voted for.

Don't be fooled by bills up in bills being signed. Signing bill is not an achievement.
Buhari signed bills upon bills.
Buhari himself signed electoral law that Yakubu brazenly failed to implement.

What affects the common man is the implementation of bills right down for the common man to see and feel.

I love what PODATTI and lawyers are doing.
Choke them with Evidence.
idiotic talk. I hv said it many times here. Obidients are only wasting their time on this case. This is d same was u wasted your time on Nnamdi kanu case. You dey posue something that is not feasible. Don't deceive yourself, no judge in Nigeria will rule against tinubu at d moment.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by aswani(m): 7:28am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

Under the new Act, the use of electronic devices such as smart card readers, electronic voting machines and other technological devices, is allowed in the accreditation process for voters and in the general conduct of elections.[27] Furthermore, the new Act provides for electronic transmission of election results in accordance with the procedure determined by the Commission.[28]

I can't see the words "mandatory" or "must be used" in what you have kindly detailed.

I also can't see anything along the lines of "otherwise declared null and void".

If Peter Obi's retinue of lawyers had proof that figures were falsified enough for the elections to favour them, do you genuinely think they will be focusing heavily on this electronic transmission of a thing after 2 weeks at the Tribunal?

Why do they need to play the video of the INEC personnel saying something and then call as witnesses, journalists to confirm what was said in the video?

Time wasting tactics, I commend the Judges for their patience in tolerating such. However, only one thing will end up happening when Judges are indulge you in this manner, your case will eventually be struck out and you will be asked to pay damages to the other party.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Image123(m): 7:28am On Jun 17, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Young Man, anything written in law is a must and cannot be debatable. The electoral Act required the polling officer, that is presiding officer to snap the result after collation and transmit it as may be prescribed by the commission, which is INEC. INEC provided IREVs where results would be uploaded to.
There's even a penalty for not doing it.
Read the electoral Act verbatim below and stop confusing yourself.

Section 60 Nigeria Electoral Act 2022
Counting of votes and forms

(1) The Presiding officer shall, after counting the votes at the polling unit, enter the votes scored by each candidate in a form to be prescribed by the Commission as the case may be.

'footnote'
Note the words "to be prescribed by the commission"

(2) The form shall be signed and stamped by the presiding officer and counter signed by the candidates or their polling agents where available at the polling unit.

(3) The presiding officer shall give to the polling agents and the police officer where available a copy each of the completed forms after it has been duly signed as provided under subsection (2).

(4) The presiding officer shall count and announce the result at the polling unit.

(5) The presiding officer shall transfer the results including total number of accredited voters and the results of the ballot in a manner as prescribed by the Commission.

'footnote'
Pls what are they transferring?
Did the commission prescribed any method to transfer the said accredited voters and results of the ballot? They did, that it should be transfer to IREVs which they spent millions from tax payer money to developed.

(6) A presiding officer who wilfully contravenes any provision of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not more than N5 00,000 or imprisonment for a term of at least six months.

'Footnote'
This is the penalty accrued for not following the law and guideline provided by the commission.

Clearly prescribed by INEC.

PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION:

Presiding Officers send results of poll to the RA/Ward Collation Officer;
RA/Ward CO collates results and sends to LGA Collation Officer;
LGA Collation Officer shall collate results and send to State Collation Officer;
State Collation Officer collates results and sends to the Chief Electoral Commissioner (Chairman INEC);
The Chief Electoral Commissioner (Chief Returning Officer) collates results from the State Collation Officers, declares the result and returns the winner as President elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
NOTE:

The Presiding Officers/Collation Officers at the various levels complete the result sheet and request the party agents available to countersign. Duplicate copy of the result is made available to each one while the original is taken to the next level of collation.
The Presiding Officers/Collation Officers at each level completes the notice of results of poll and paste at the Polling Unit or Collation Centre.
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by imam07: 7:31am On Jun 17, 2023
maestroferddi:
Is this not embarrassing?

Mahmoud Yakubu is trying to prove that he manipulate Nigerians to work from answer to question..

In sane country, this man should be facing a life imprisonment or a very long jail term on account of a treasonable offense.

Billions were spent to confer credibility on the electoral process in addition to an enactment of an Electoral Act and then you on your satanic volition decided to put Nigeria in your pocket for reasons known to you...

Are we really serious about moving forward?
So until we vote Obi before this country move forward. U people no dey reason b4 u talk. U hv shown that even if the country is improving economically, u will close your eyes like nothing is happening because u want your tribe man there. Whatever u wish for in this govt will happen to you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 7:31am On Jun 17, 2023
Who will explain in simple English to these emotionally charged kids that the results from the IREV portals are SECONDARY/IMMATERIAL and the PRIMARY and only credible source through which INEC declared the winner is from the HARD COPY result sheets, which was also issued to all Party Agents ?
Therefore, going to the IREV portal to download results is a complete waste of time and what they should be doing is to present their own hard copy results issued and point out the differences with certified true copy of what INEC has. You guys will be flatly disappointed when it dawns on you that claiming that the results were not uploaded on IREV is also hogwash because either it was done instantly in supposed real time or very much later is totally immaterial.
Most of the INEC Polling Agents are Youth Corpers and others below the age of 30. They are supposed to be technologically savvy but they could not take legible pictures with the BVAS device despite the huge amount spent in training them. Please who is to be blamed for this failure but yourselves ?

Prior to the election day, every intelligent person knew it was either a 3 way deadlock, which could end up in a rerun of the election between the top two candidates OR a slim victory for BAT because he had a SLIGHT edge over the others.
As predicted, BAT won with the lowest margin ever recorded in our modern politics. The reason being that the 3 top candidates represent the 3 major tribes and all their ethnic compatriots are predicted to line up behind one of their own. The North has the highest population, followed by the SW and the SE being the last. As observed, the SE voted 90% for Peter Obi but that is not sufficient to meet the requirements to emerge victorious, while roughly 65% from SW voted BAT and 60% in the North voted for Atiku. Of course, candidate BAT with a fairer spread across the nation won. BAT lost in Lagos as expected due to the large Igbo population and that is the true result as expected.
Please point out where your glory was taken and the likely victory path for Peter Obi in this calculus ? How on earth would you expect the SW and the core North to vote massively for Peter Obi and abandon their own compatriots, when you tightly hugged yours ? Can you point to any political bigwig in the nation, South or North that campaigned for Obi ?

You guys are simply zealots and you think because you want victory so badly and if you scream the loudest, bully everyone that does not agree with you, it should then rightly be presented to you on a platter of gold. Unfortunately, it does not work like that.
Peter Obi never won and he has no clear chances of winning now or in future. You guys need to learn how to build bridges Northerly and Westernly across the River Niger, if you want to play politics successfully.

I await your insults and from others of your kind because when you cannot hold an intellectual discourse that is your fall back option.
iSense247:
https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/16/tinubus-victory-ait-broadcaster-ijeoma-osamor-testifies-for-peter-obi/?amp=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 17, 2023
princekwi:

It is brother and if you are not cleared, you should also ask Kadaria ahmed that explained it vividly in life broadcast on Arise Tv before the election and not after the election, so Nigeria is governed by an unconstitutional president and it spells doom for the country

It is not in the Constitution. Kadaria Ahmed does not know up to 5% of what I know about Nigeria. No Constitution Amendment (Federal and States) ever passed the Bill to give FCT 25% voting power to rule Nigeria. It can never pass through South West & South South Parliament. The IBOS, though while pursuing BIAFRA, out of frustration may pass the Bill, the Yorubas & South South can never pass that Bill.

ARISE TV is mainly a propaganda station used by EndSARS rioters to destroy Tinubu and Lagos State properties.

The Founder, Nduka Obaigbena begged IBB to annul June 12 election. He said Abiola violated Electoral Act by putting on Cap with MKO inscription and for wearing Agbada that has SDP logo ( Horse) on the day of election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by IfnobeGod20: 7:32am On Jun 17, 2023
abbey621:

Glad you mentioned rules and regulations, now tell me what Clause 48(c) allows? How about the Electoral Act itself? Read Clause 93 and enlighten yourself!
Please stop quoting wrong section of the electoral Act to confuse people. The section of the electoral Act that concerns voting, collation of results and declaration are in section 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 and 65.

The section you're brandishing about is on broadcasting and campaigning.
Read verbatim what section 93 and 94 says and stop confusing those that can make confirmation.

Section 93 Nigeria Electoral Act 2022
Prohibition of use of force or violence during political campaign

(1) A party, candidate, aspirant, or person or group of persons shall not directly or indirectly threaten any person with the use of force or violence during any political campaign in order to compel that person or any other person to support or refrain
from supporting a political party or candidate.

(2) A political party, candidate, aspirant, person or group of persons that contravenes the provisions of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction –
(a) in the case of a candidate, aspirant, or person or group of persons, to a maximum fine of Nl,000,000 or imprisonment for a term of 12 months; and
(b) in the case of a political party, to a fine of N2,000,000 in the first instance, and N5 00,000 for any subsequent offence.

Section 94 Nigeria Electoral Act 2022
Limitation on political broadcast and campaign by political parties

(1) For the purpose of this Act, the period of campaigning in public by every politicalparty shall commence 150 days before polling day and end 24 hours prior to that
day.

(2) A registered political party which through any person acting on its behalf during the 24 hours before polling day –
(a) advertises on the facilities of any broadcasting undertaking; or
(b) procures for publication or acquiesces in the publication of an advertisement
in a newspaper, for the purpose of promoting or opposing a particular candidate, commits an offence under this Act and is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of N500,000.

Section 94 Nigeria Electoral Act 2022
Limitation on political broadcast and campaign by political parties

(1) For the purpose of this Act, the period of campaigning in public by every political
party shall commence 150 days before polling day and end 24 hours prior to that
day.

(2) A registered political party which through any person acting on its behalf during the 24 hours before polling day –
(a) advertises on the facilities of any broadcasting undertaking; or
(b) procures for publication or acquiesces in the publication of an advertisement
in a newspaper, for the purpose of promoting or opposing a particular candidate, commits an offence under this Act and is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of N500,000.

Just confusing the gullible.

Please my people don't let this guy confuse you again here below is a link to the 2022 Electoral Act section by section.

https://www.lawglobalhub.com/section-91-97-nigeria-electoral-act-2022/#Section_93_Nigeria_Electoral_Act_2022
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by princekwi: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2023
babaolofin:

It is not in the Constitution. Kadaria Ahmed does not know up to 5% of what I know about Nigeria. No Constitution Amendment (Federal and States) ever passed the Bill to give FCT 25% voting power to rule Nigeria. It can never pass through South West & South South Parliament. The IBOS, though while pursuing BIAFRA, out of frustration may pass the Bill, the Yorubas & South South can never pass that Bill.

See Mr enlightened guy, the constitution you are using now, is it from the military of civillian?
Re: Tinubu’s Victory: AIT Broadcaster Ijeoma Osamor Testifies For Peter Obi by princekwi: 7:36am On Jun 17, 2023
abbey621:

So you wrote a whole epistle based on false assumption.....First of all, take that L and revise your epistle, your 25% argument makes no damn sense!
1. There shall be 36 states in Nigeria, that is to say, Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom,
Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti,
Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos,
Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe
and Zamfara.
2. Each state of Nigeria, named in the first column of Part I of the First Schedule to
this Constitution, shall consist of the area shown opposite thereto in the second
column of that Schedule.
3. The headquarters of the Governor of each State shall be known as the Capital
City of that State as shown in the third column of the said Part I of the First
Schedule opposite the State named in the first column thereof.
This is your constitution, 36 states

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Atiku/Okowa Campaign Rally In Kaduna State (Pictures) / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / Eleme Youths Intercepted Stolen Ballot Box By Army, Police In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.