Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment (33195 Views)

PREMIUM TIMES Writes UK Govt, Seeks Clarification Over Peter Obi’s Arrest / "It Was By Chance" APC Makes Clarification On Tinubu And Atiku's Meeting / Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by chisomkachy: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbT9bfEIFn8
Adamu Bulkachuwa, Senator who represented Bauchi North in the 9th Assembly, has denied that he influenced the decisions of his wife, Zainab Bulkachuwa, while she was the President of the Court of Appeal.

Bulkachuwa on the floor of the Senate at the valedictory session of the 9th Assembly, before he was interrupted by the former Senate President Ahmad, had Lawan claimed that he used his position to ask favour for his colleagues from his wife.

“I look at faces in this chamber whom have come to me and sought for my help when my wife was the President of the Court of Appeal, and I’m sure…

“And I must thank particularly, my wife, whose freedom and independence I encroached upon while she was in office, and she has been very tolerant and accepted my encroachment, and extended her help to my colleagues…,” he had said.

But in his interview with BBC Hausa, Bulkachuwa said his words were misrepresented, adding that it was the former President of the Senate interrupted him while he was explaining.

He said, “Well, I was not even allowed to finish, I just started with some words like thanking her, saying she was patient with me as she was legal practitioner and I am a politician.

“I wanted to elaborate on the specific nature of the help she provided, as there exists a wide range of support that professionals in various fields, such as legal practitioners, doctors, or engineers, can offer in their respective roles.

“Note that this assistance does not involve any illegal or unethical activities.

“In my personal relationship with her, I have never imposed upon her professional autonomy or attempted to influence her judgment in handling cases or running her office. Such matters are not even discussed in our home.”

Bulkachuwa’s comment had elicited outrage, with Olisa Agbakoba, former President of the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), calling for the arrest of the former lawmaker.

“Senator Bulkachuwa’s statement at the valedictory of the 9th senate is a monumental disgrace for our institutions. This man deserves to be taken up immediately by the authorities. It is a blight on my confidence in our systems.”

“We lost in 3 courts. Senator Bulkachuwa seems to suggest why.” Agbakoba had said in a statement.

https://dailytrust.com/lawan-didnt-allow-me-finish-my-thought-bulkachuwa-clarifies-on-remarks-about-wife/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1687007239

https://www.bbc.com/hausa/articles/c4nvq49py5po.amp

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7725389/ensured-wife-used-office-some#123754044

4 Likes

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Ihateheadslamer: 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
Senator Bulkachuwa’s statement at the valedictory of the 9th senate is a monumental disgrace for our institutions. This man deserves to be taken up immediately by the authorities tongue

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by TemplarLandry: 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
I got a hunch that Lawan is complicit in all this.

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Hhansome(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
Go to hell with your explanations.

All you enemies of this country will perish and Nigeria will rise again.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by EyeCumInPiece: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
You should be grateful...
Lawan did not let you finish disgracing yourself.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by bookson(m): 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2023
Breeze blew, and fowl nyash don open. You probably can't cover the unclothedness that is already in the open Mr. Royal Highness in manipulation of justice system... Go and rest. The way Sen. Lawan cut you off that day sef was suspicious like he was the one your wife favoured unjustly.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by bigtt76(f): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
Dem don school de guy 🤣

11 Likes

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
We no be children.You told your wife during 69 in za oza room to use her position as a chief judge to influence rulings under her jurisdiction to favour your political associates.That is what Ariwoola want to do for tinubu.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Moferere: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2023
Wetin you want finish again? After you don cast your wife?

Alhaji abeg off you mic undecided

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by LibertyRep: 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lawan wouldn't have allowed you continue in that reckless direction that might put some of them who had benefited from that ' largese ' into trouble.

Whatever the senator ate or drank before that moment must be investigated.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by ganisucks(f): 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
bigtt76:
Dem don school de guy 🤣
No. He has done his part. It's time for him to take a bow. The cabal will take it from here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Praxis758: 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
All I know from distance now is the Senator Bulkachuwa will be facing unspeakable heat and punches from his wife and children by that loose talk.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by ibechris(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2023
I am sure Lawal benefited from the encroachment that he meant.

Criminals in high places.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Akpangbo: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
Medicine after death. His wife should be arrested and investigated. Well not in Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Ashabbiiee: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
See old man oo think say we are mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Newton2024: 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2023
Drug Daddy surpporters will believe you. They are the only set of animalistic Headslammers who can believe anything lie.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by crossfm: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2023
Season of interpretation.

The funny thing is that their will be people who will come out to support this man.

A man that came out in public and threw his wife under the bus,he should reserve this explanation to his wife and family.

He should also thank Lawal for cutting him short.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Ofunaofu: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
This is nothing but a damage control

7 Likes

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Racoon(m): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hear talk. Fear politicians!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by GreaterFuture(m): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2023
It has now, easily been twisted.
Admissible in Court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by olisefom: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
The part we heard was enough

9 Likes

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by zoedew: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
Fire consume you there!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by blinking001(m): 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2023
Y'all should let this man breathe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Tooreda: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2023
bigtt76:
Dem don school de guy 🤣

I swear

3 Likes

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by Flight90: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hhansome:
Go to hell with your explanations.

All you enemies of this country will perish and Nigeria will rise again.

Only in God's kingdom will Nigeria ever be able to rise again grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by SwissMass: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
nhh
Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by broadman20: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hmmmmm!

Medicine after death, you have already told the world the whole truth.

APC is an evilish organisation.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment by IamV: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2023
You want to deny what was captured on camera ?

Meanwhile,

I have been asking all APC supporters to show me where INEC chairman said results will no longer be transmitted real time from the polling unit from the 23rd February publication,none have been able to do that .

100k for anyone that can show me an excerpt from that 23rd February publication where INEC chairman said results [ form EC8A] from the polling unit will no longer be captured by BVAS and upload real time to the IREV.

Basically,there won't be transmission of polling unit results at real time.

I'm waiting sir/ma.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uche Sampson Ogah Arrives Sam Mbakwe Airport In Owerri enroute to Abia / Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees / Tony Nwoye Wins Anambra APC Governorship Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.