Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

..... - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / ..... (4987 Views)

Expert Advice On Building A Site From Scratch Or Choosing A Template. / I Want To Build CMS News Website, Your Price Please? / Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
with great powers come great responsibility. sorry just felt it fitted. i think the Bank analogy is a bit difficult to compare with this topic but i get the point, its like me sitting down to create a slideshow when one already exists, the only tthing i would love to do is either extend it or build one that is far faster than the present solution and lighter. though its good building from scratch because even zend framework and joomla i use u can tell its quite heavy especially the way it loads classes and loads of variables. read on Stack and Heap and CMS memory consumption and mehn all these CMS really consume a lot.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2011
Yeap, just like ehm Ruby On Rails chop memory also.
Re: ..... by webmpro(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ binkabir, wow! those are like some spirit words to me lol, am just a beginner to php, no grade yet, i love to start from the A to the Z of php.
If any other programming language could be added to it i would be most grateful.

Regards.
Re: ..... by binkabir(m): 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2011
webmpro:

@ binkabir, wow! those are like some spirit words to me lol, am just a beginner to php, no grade yet, i love to start from the A  to the Z of php.
If any other programming language could be added to it i would be most grateful.

Regards.

okey, so how what is your level in html, css 

if ($php =='novice'){
     //install of local server
        please download xampp or wamp to start with.
}else {
  //lets kick off the tutorial if your development environment is ready
  permit me to start a new post for your tutorials
}

@webmpro did you understand this code?
Re: ..... by webmpro(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ binkabir,

<?php
rogger ($php =='novice'){
//installed of local server
xampp already exist on my laptop.
}else {
//lets kick start the tutorial cos my development environment is ready
permission granted to start a new post for this tutorials
}
?>

I already have the xampp localhost server installed on my system.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2011
Bit of advice. I think you should use wamp instead. Belive me xampp has no much feature also her configuration are hard core onlike wamp so easy you downloads add on and twist things like you have a vps. You can easily update ur php version, databases(mysql, sqlbuddy(manager dou))etc with ease. You can modify apache settings with ease also configurations are up to standard though it does not output headers error. With ob-start() u can get around. And last i checked xampp dont throw error on undefined variables. I stand to b corrected.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2011
Bit of advice. I think you should use wamp instead. Belive me xampp has no much feature also her configuration are hard core onlike wamp so easy you downloads add on and twist things like you have a vps. You can easily update ur php version, databases(mysql, sqlbuddy(manager dou))etc with ease. You can modify apache settings with ease also configurations are up to standard though it does not output headers error. With ob-start() u can get around. And last i checked xampp dont throw error on undefined variables. I stand to b corrected.
Re: ..... by binkabir(m): 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ymodulus:

Bit of advice. I think you should use wamp instead. Belive me xampp has no much feature also her configuration are hard core onlike wamp so easy you downloads add on and twist things like you have a vps. You can easily update your php version, databases(mysql, sqlbuddy(manager dou))etc with ease. You can modify apache settings with ease also configurations are up to standard though it does not output headers error. With ob-start() u can get around. And last i checked xampp dont throw error on undefined variables. I stand to b corrected.
i thought i was the only one that hate xampp.
xampp really sucks,
Re: ..... by binkabir(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
webmpro:

@ binkabir,

<?php
rogger ($php =='novice'){
     //installed of local server
       xampp already exist on my laptop.
}else {
  //lets kick start the tutorial cos my development environment is ready
  permission granted to start a new post for this tutorials
}
?>

I already have the xampp localhost server installed on my system.

to open the new post with. please select one of the topics below.

1. introduction to procedural  php programming (1st century ways of thinking in the programming world)
2. introduction to functions and classes.
3. introduction to classes part 2 (OOP, abstract, interface,exceptions).
4. using SPL (special php library eg iterators.
5. introduction to MVC structure.

cheers.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2011
What nothing wrong with Xampp i use Xampp and Zend Server, i like Xamp comes with loads of extensions i can't use WAMP for some reason i don't like it.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
i have a good pdf on PHP 5 it teach OOP and migration from php 4 to php 5 holla back. binkabir is right knowing SPL and other classes will save work for you, especially with new 5.3 functions it feels like am writing JavaScript but in PHP.
Re: ..... by binkabir(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
pc guru:

What nothing wrong with Xampp i use Xampp and Zend Server, i like Xamp comes with loads of extensions i can't use WAMP for some reason i don't like it.

well because i dont like xampp doesnt mean that xampp is not good(its all about opinion), i simply dont like heavy applications on my dev computer.
secondly i dont need most of the extension in xampp for development because of host server issues.
of recent i prefer zwamp (cos of apc extension and the lite nature of it without any installation ).
Re: ..... by webmpro(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2011
Thank you guys for you candid opinions i really appreciate your opinions.

@ binkabir,

Please i would like to start from the introduction to procedural php programming (1st century ways of thinking in the programming world)

Thank you!
Re: ..... by webmpro(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
Ymodulus:

Bit of advice. I think you should use wamp instead. Belive me xampp has no much feature also her configuration are hard core onlike wamp so easy you downloads add on and twist things like you have a vps. You can easily update your php version, databases(mysql, sqlbuddy(manager dou))etc with ease. You can modify apache settings with ease also configurations are up to standard though it does not output headers error. With ob-start() u can get around. And last i checked xampp dont throw error on undefined variables. I stand to b corrected.

Thank you for your advice i'll try and download wamp.
Re: ..... by DualCore1: 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
well, this is. . . brb need a drink.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
Asi, estos es. . .necesito un drink brb

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Create A Simple PHP Website With PBNL Anybody Can Do It! (naijazoom.com) / 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google / Necessary Things To Do If You Want Google To Approve Your Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.