Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals (46560 Views)

CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / CBN Okays Withdrawals Of Dollars From Domiciliary Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Ofunaofu: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
angry
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by blueghost(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
He always make the moves in the night. No wonder he's a BAT

16 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Starships4u(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
This thing was so rude a decision initially....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by KingOfIsoko1: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Someone care to explain how this is good news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Biola67: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Igwe9:
nothing new
Cry harder. Wailer

15 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by NinjaMetahuman: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Like the restriction was absolute madness before.

Restrictions on domiciliary account is another reason why that oloriburuku emefiele needs to go to prison for what he did to the economy.

Bloody vulture looking saboteur.

13 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by hamedollar(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Nice
It's nice to you, I thought you are not expecting any good things from tinubu

16 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by grandstar(m): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
Thank God for these further liberalizations. It was a shithole under Emefiele

Imagine!

9 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by morikee: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
Next reactivation of Naira Denominated Cards for International translations

11 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by sainsburry: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
hor=Britishcoins post=123884345]It is of no use again.... [/quote]

Dey Play
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by davades(m): 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good for us

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Achobaisiochu: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
Buhari did all these, still it didn't work.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Igwe9(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
Biola67:

Cry harder. Wailer
Tell that to your out of school children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by toluxe0075: 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
The koko now is for naira card to start working for international transaction. Chikena

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by jrusky(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:
Nigerians should continue to be aware that the APC runs a sophisticated propaganda network on nairaland.

Many of the pro APC\tinubu commenters you see are not casual users like you and I but a coordinated network of accounts used to generate "likes" and generally attempt to manipulate public opinion..

Be wise!

Don't fall for their propaganda. Don't let them use your head.

See evidence of this below.
https://www.nairaland.com/7160491/did-tinubu-actually-win-2015/1#113456210

Edit; my account is being mass reported for spreading this awareness. More obidients should please spread this for others to know. Make sure others are sensitized. They can't fight us all.

Provide evidence to back your claim?

I'm a pdp infact I voted for pdp but since May 29 I stand with Tinubu and I'm not regretting it so na you come give me money to stand with Tinubu ba?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Menclothing: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2023
We all want a vibrant and more robust economy

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2023
Eagle360:
Financial Expert please how does it affect us, what is the benefits to common man.

It portends well for Nigerians who own foreign currency (domiciliary) accounts. The bottlenecks of limited amounts you can do for international transactions, have largely been removed for the lower and medium class citizens.

Next thing is for the CBN to authorise the use of our ATM cards for international transactions, instead of going to a banking hall everytime you need to do one.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Heffalump(m): 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:
Nigerians should continue to be aware that the APC runs a sophisticated propaganda network on nairaland.

Many of the pro APC\tinubu commenters you see are not casual users like you and I but a coordinated network of accounts used to generate "likes" and generally attempt to manipulate public opinion..

Be wise!

Edit; my account is being mass reported for spreading this awareness. More obidients should please spread this for others to know. Make sure others are sensitized. They can't fight us all.

You are very correct. The massive attacks confirmed it all. They they're not ordinary people.

It's regrettable to think that our attention will shift from getting Nigeria working again through legitimate Electoral system. We'll continue to Choke them until the right thing is done.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
ICEWIN:
when will day increase card limit
Is any bank card currently working for international transactions? Make e work first before we begin talk about increasing limit

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Didijiji: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
All of you saying Naira should work for international transaction should note that much won’t change

You will still buy dollar at prevailing market rate. Almost same as the current virtual card rate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Dialpad: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
Allow Nigerians spend dollars on their Naira cards

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by yesloaded: 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2023
Let there be proper monitoring so that commercial bank will not sabotage this policy thereby makes things more difficult than before

6 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Earthquakes: 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
drizzit:
We need our Naira cards to function for international transactions.....that should be the next logical step for the CBN

Exactly what we need, why can't I pay for udemy course or pay WES with my dollar card, annoying

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by MrMcJay(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Igwe9:
nothing new, USD deposit was never restricted, when was that ? Those that were paying N5 for every 1USD received abroad. I have always deposited without any challenges. APC and propaganda,
The one we are looking forward to is naira master or visa card usd paymen

This is majorly for Dorm account holders.

Previously, if you deposit cash into your Dorm account, you won't be allowed to transfer it out except if your inflow was a transfer also.
I guess what this directive says now is that you can transfer cash deposits.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol, what's the point, the reality here is that it would be almost impossible for a bank to give you $10k cash unless you're a politician. They'll always tell you that they're short on $$$.

This is a colossal lie. If you ever need to do a withdrawal up to the stated amount, go to the capital city of the state you're in and head to the major bank branch. It might take a bit of time cause of bank queues, but you'll get $10K without being a politician. I've done it a decent number of times before, when I was executing a building project for a client.

You cannot need that kind of amount and walk into just about any First bank branch (for instance), and expect them to have the dollars lying in the vault for you. Even with the naira, there's a limit to how much unit branches are supplied from the headquarters. Let's be objective when we're analysing these things please.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by airsaylongcome: 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:

Be wise!

Are you getting notifications of the reports? Also note that they are mostly bot accounts coordinated by their head office.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by MrMcJay(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol, what's the point, the reality here is that it would be almost impossible for a bank to give you $10k cash unless you're a politician. They'll always tell you that they're short on $$$.

Tell them you want to close your dorm account and hear what they will tell you.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by teacherbim(f): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:

Be wise!

Tinubu has built a house in your brain grin grin sha no run m.d oo

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? / Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.