Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals (46562 Views)

CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / CBN Okays Withdrawals Of Dollars From Domiciliary Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Xkale1996(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
drizzit:
We need our Naira cards to function for international transactions.....that should be the next logical step for the CBN
CBN has give the go ahead
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by 9jaRealist: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
pocom35:
Wonderful.. atleast the poor will be able to breathe small..

Exactly what the poor has been looking for…
Breathing space to withdraw $10K per day from their domiciliary accounts. grin grin
>

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Father4all: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
At last Tinubu will turn Nigeria to a yahoo yahoo country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Brownshoe: 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
Xkale1996:
please are they going to allow people to start buy things online like AliExpress or Amazon
yes but at high rate now due increase in bank rate of dollar
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2023
Biola67:

Una really dey think say everybody dey suffer like una 😂😂😂

Secret wailer!!!
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Nice

fooolish cow thought nothing will come out from this administration

uniben shouldn't be proud of this dunce

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Fearyourcreator: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Eagle360:
Financial Expert please how does it affect us, what is the benefits to common man.
Stop being common.. Else you no go get value... Without value na sufferness. Step up ooo
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by TemitayoMark: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Nice

So the damness of all Niggar can say something positive for once. You are truly damned and condemned Nigga

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by bluefilm: 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
AmotekunSW:
angry

It's better to cry than to be suffering and smiling.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nazgul: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Buddha3:
This is a colossal lie. If you ever need to do a withdrawal up to the stated amount, go to the capital city of the state you're in and head to the major bank branch. It might take a bit of time cause of bank queues, but you'll get $10K without being a politician. I've done it a decent number of times before, when I was executing a building project for a client.

You cannot need that kind of amount and walk into just about any First bank branch (for instance), and expect them to have the dollars lying in the vault for you. Even with the naira, there's a limit to how much unit branches are supplied from the headquarters. Let's be objective when we're analysing these things please.
How many customers can easily make it to their Branch's headquarters?

I know how many times I've been to the bank to withdraw ordinary $3k and they told me they're short on $$. Would you now Suggest I enter Lagos hellish traffic from the mainland to the island just to withdraw $$ when there are countless mallams I can easily transact with?

The reality is that no bank can easily cough out that amount at once and give to any customer.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Biola67:

If you don cap your rubbish finish, go chop your Akpu with bitter leaf soup 😂

This one pepper you wellll welllll, because you know say you be secret wailer!!!!!
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by hafeeanubasy: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Iamzik:

I don't know about you my life Is not miserable bro
That is the miserable part
Mad Men don't know that they are mad
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by johnson4nosa(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please they should lift the ban on card purchase online...... Missing AliExpress
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by AmotekunSW: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
bluefilm:

It's better to cry than to be suffering and smiling.

I can see that crying is your choice.

So be it into you
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by grandlexuz(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Nice

So you too fit recognise nice things. When Emiefeke your hero was dismissed you accused Tinubu of amassing enemies through selective and political dismissals. Within days good policies are following and your tone has changed cos this favours your keyboard doings
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by grandlexuz(m): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
TemitayoMark:

So the damness of all Niggar can say something positive for once. You are truly damned and condemned Nigga

This one favours his keyboard earnings
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by bluefilm: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
AmotekunSW:

I can see that crying is your choice.

So be it into you

Continue to suffer and smile.

Self delusion is your birthright, obviously.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by nnamdi640: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2023
Igwe9:
nothing new, USD deposit was never restricted, has since been lifted. when was that ? Those that were paying N5 for every 1USD received abroad. I have always deposited without any challenges. APC and propaganda,
The one we are looking forward to is naira master or visa card usd paymen
Honestly, you spoke mind, immediately I saw the news, I was expecting to see allowing naira card to pay for USD transaction.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by pharmagba: 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol, what's the point, the reality here is that it would be almost impossible for a bank to give you $10k cash unless you're a politician. They'll always tell you that they're short on $$$.
Stop this myopic nonsense!
If you need you money transfer it to who can give you cash! In the first place what do you need $10,000 cash for in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nazgul: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
pharmagba:

Stop this myopic nonsense!
If you need you money transfer it to who can give you cash! In the first place what do you need $10,000 cash for in Nigeria
It's a pity when most people who claim to be intelligent rush to speak only for them to display gross ignorance.

The topic said withdrawal. And it was on that basis I made my comment. You're talking about transfer. Did you see transfer anywhere near the topic at hand?
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:

How many customers can easily make it to their Branch's headquarters?

I know how many times I've been to the bank to withdraw ordinary $3k and they told me they're short on $$. Would you now Suggest I enter Lagos hellish traffic from the mainland to the island just to withdraw $$ when there are countless mallams I can easily transact with?

The reality is that no bank can easily cough out that amount at once and give to any customer.

Baba, if you ever need to withdraw foreign currencies from 2K upwards, kindly find your way to the headquarters of the bank. You'll get what you want. Forget the inconvenience of traffic or any other excuse. If the money is meant to solve a pertinent issue, disregard those factors.

I'm not holding grounds for the banks or the Nigerian Government, I'm only giving you neighbourly advice as regards how these things work.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by slimim101(m): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
I can't believe I sat down and read all these bigotry comment. Meanwhile, those people are someone father.

Anyways, good night to y'all. Seems this is the new norm in nairaland.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by mymadam(m): 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol, what's the point, the reality here is that it would be almost impossible for a bank to give you $10k cash unless you're a politician. They'll always tell you that they're short on $$$.

Yeah right. Last Wednesday, ordinary $400 I could not withdraw from my domiciliary account at a so-called 1st Tier bank. Reason given? Forex scarcity undecided
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nazgul: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
Buddha3:

Baba, if you ever need to withdraw foreign currencies from 2K upwards, kindly find your way to the headquarters of the bank. You'll get what you want. Forget the inconvenience of traffic or any other excuse. If the money is meant to solve a pertinent issue, disregard those factors.

I'm not holding grounds for the banks or the Nigerian Government, I'm only giving you neighbourly advice as regards how these things work.
Errrm I don't think I'll need to do that cos I already have a much better alternative.

I transfer the $ to my mallam customer from my dorm account, and he'll transfer the naira equivalent to my naira account. It saves me the stress of going there only for them to give me one story or the other.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by nokspos: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
i couldn't withdraw dollar from my dom account before, you have to lobby for it, and tip the account officers.
Igwe9:
nothing new, USD deposit was never restricted, has since been lifted. when was that ? Those that were paying N5 for every 1USD received abroad. I have always deposited without any challenges. APC and propaganda,
The one we are looking forward to is naira master or visa card usd paymen
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
9jaRealist:

Shouldn’t have to do all of that in 2023…smh embarassed
>

I know, but sadly, this is Nigeria. Our major currency is the Naira. You don't expect to get foreign currency supply in abundance, do you? It is going to rubbish the relevance of our currency and lead to inflation.

You can't go to the USA and walk into any of their banks and expect that you'll withdraw 5million naira over the counter easily. You won't get it. Cause they won't have it. They float and promote their own currency the most.

You Nigerians really have to understand how some of these things work. It's not everytime you read things on the news that you'll rush to leave comments in condemnation of your country. If you reason logically, you'll understand the practicality of these things.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by pharmagba: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:

It's a pity when most people who claim to be intelligent rush to speak only for them to display gross ignorance.

The topic said withdrawal. And it was on that basis I made my comment. You're talking about transfer. Did you see transfer anywhere near the topic at hand?

Domiciliary account holders are permitted to utilize cash deposits not exceeding USD$ 10,000 per day or its equivalent via telegraphic transfer

Either comprehension or attention deficit disorder or new pair of lens needed
Surely one of them
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by pharmagba: 10:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by FatimaAbubakar(f): 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
Biola67:

Nigga, get a LIFE

SHUT UP!!! HE SAID THE TRUTH.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:

Errrm I don't think I'll need to do that cos I already have a much better alternative.

I transfer the $ to my mallam customer from my dorm account, and he'll transfer the naira equivalent to my naira account. It saves me the stress of going there only for them to give me one story or the other.

Well, that was beneficial to you in Buhari's tenure when the disparity in dollar rates was unimaginable between the CBN and your aboki.

Right now, the rates are the same and with the policies being put in place, it will get to a point where that aboki won't be able to satisfy your FX exchange demands unless you go to a bank. And in the real sense, that is how any decent society should function.

When have you ever seen any American telling you anything about disparities in rates between what he gets from the bank and what's on the streets? That's because the dollar has been harmonised to a point where nobody even thinks of trading it in black markets. Hopefully, Nigeria will get there someday!

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Iamzik: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

That is the miserable part
Mad Men don't know that they are mad

Exactly. You don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) / Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.