Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals (46514 Views)

CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / CBN Lifts Ban On BDCs, Introduces New Operational Mechanism / CBN Okays Withdrawals Of Dollars From Domiciliary Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by AmotekunSW: 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
[quote author=bluefilm post=123884946]
I wonder o.

Seems like people are just looking for anything to celebrate about./quote]

Seems you are always looking for something to cry about.

You will cry for the next 8 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good one, the devil and sadistic one has gone and u expect an upward movement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Exceed15: 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
Eagle360:
Financial Expert please how does it affect us, what is the benefits to common man.

It only favours them to do their selfish reasons,
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
nedekid:

Dont the bank charges will be tampers with. Gov raises so much money from those charges/taxes it seems.
Great job as you said.

Lovely. Very kind way to give a counter opinion and most People should learn from this. Thank you

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Igwe9(m): 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
tolue42:

Liar! That's who you are.. you can only withdraw 10k$ for weeks or a month during emefile, but now it's 10k$ withdrawal per day.. Stop spreading rumors
You don't even know what you are saying, weeks or a month, someone that is sure of what he is saying doesn't use such words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by inoki247: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Godsown0:

In a nutshell u mean there is nothing new except using debit card for international transaction with the same rate as virtual dollar card or higher ? Chai English

Lol the rate you will be getting now will be determined by the bank which im sure dere won't be much difference from all doz online Debit card service rate ..

This is so certain not like before where banks sell for u for 450 and you go use it to run arbitrage or you use it to buy things online and come sell the goods at black market rate you won't get such rate anymore..

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by 9jaRealist: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Buddha3:

This is a colossal lie. If you ever need to do a withdrawal up to the stated amount, go to the capital city of the state you're in and head to the major bank branch. It might take a bit of time cause of bank queues, but you'll get $10K without being a politician. I've done it a decent number of times before, when I was executing a building project for a client.

You cannot need that kind of amount and walk into just about any First bank branch (for instance), and expect them to have the dollars lying in the vault for you. Even with the naira, there's a limit to how much unit branches are supplied from the headquarters. Let's be objective when we're analysing these things please.

Shouldn’t have to do all of that in 2023…smh embarassed
>
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by naturefellow(m): 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
emerged01:
I believe you didnt expect the massive support. It is not on only nairaland,go to tiktok search for any of Tinubu speech,you will know the love for Tinubu on that platform cant be compared with that of nairaland.
It is now a known fact obidents' energy cant Match that of Batists.
or paid loyalty? Unemployment made y'all instruments of propaganda, lies, bigotry, and hate in the hands of corrupt politicians. Ride on, you shall meet retribution soon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by damosky12(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nazgul:
Lol, what's the point, the reality here is that it would be almost impossible for a bank to give you $10k cash unless you're a politician. They'll always tell you that they're short on $$$.

Lol. That's the real deal. They collaborate with the mallams doing black market business...
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Heffalump(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:

Please sensitize others so that even if I'm banned. Others will know.

Do your part too.

Fear Not!

You've not broken any rule, just a humble observation. And you're even right at that. APC recruited so many e-rats to propagate their defense. They'll all fail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by inoki247: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Brownshoe:
that's worse for we importers of mini importation o, I just can't buy some goods on aliexpress now, bank rate don increase I feel like crying, shoes, bags, flash drives I won import don go x2.

The card will surely be returned buh u won't be getting a cheaper rate like before so las las everybody that's optimistic Abt card running international transaction will dish dem las las when they see mad rate...

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
Biola67:

Cry harder. Wailer

After you call somebody wailer for Nairaland, you self go come enter your face-me-I-face-you room, go wail secretly, because you no fit see spaghetti 100 Naira again, you no fit see petrol for 200 Naira again, your landlord increase rent you no know how to pay, you no fit buy ponmo again!!!!
See your life?
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Heffalump(m): 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
BATified2023:
mynd44

Rule 8 n 19

You're hereby banned for 8 weeks.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by grandstar(m): 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
inoki247:
Eh eh...

Gradually we are getting dere...

People wey still dey hope on dere Debit card doing international transaction you will soon be getting dat buh guess what na Abokii rate Bank go dey give u...

Make una no go think say na the Arbitrage way like before no more free money na Bank go dey determine the rate nd it won't be different from what any online Dollar Virtual card services are giving you now....

The CBN should work to reduce the differential between the bank and Aboki rate.

The only way it can do this is to restart the sale of forex to the BDC. This will crash the Aboki rate, closer to the bank rate.

The primary reason why the black market thrives is that there's no time wasting. You can walk out with your money within minutes unlike the banks that will take you days. Everyone knows that the BDC funds flows in to the black market. That was why Soludo actually started selling dollars to them and it helped bridge the gap then.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Brownshoe: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
nedekid:

My YouTube premium that all my local cards has not worked on for months, guess what? My son told me his has always worked, I de argue, he say it never stopped, infact all this while he orders from aliexpress, howww??
I said oya, let's test it, na so I put am on YouTube, it worked! Charged him about ₦1950 or so. Less than 2k. Although on YouTube premium it advertises for ₦1700
I wonder as my local cards still do not work. Hopefully with this new cbn development, the banks should open local cards for foreign transactions.
Furthermore, I wonder why we don't keep part of our reserves in yuan. That should reduce dependence on dollar. Most of our imports is from China. Why will I want to shop on aliexpress and my money will be changed to dollar first before yuan? E no make sense.
me too keep wondering why are we still using dollar to shop on Chinese site, aliexpress price have went up now now due to new bank rate of dollar, am not that happy with this development, it has low my morale of mini importation business.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Biola67: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
FOJEM:

After you call somebody wailer for Nairaland, you self go come enter your face-me-I-face-you room, go wail secretly, because you no fit buy spaghetti 100 Naira, you no fit buy petrol 200 Naira, your landlord increase rent you no know how to pay, you no fit buy ponmo again!!!!
See your life?
Una really dey think say everybody dey suffer like una 😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by KPGGlobal: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:
Nigerians should continue to be aware that the APC runs a sophisticated propaganda network on nairaland.

Many of the pro APC\tinubu commenters you see are not casual users like you and I but a coordinated network of accounts used to generate "likes" and generally attempt to manipulate public opinion..

Be wise!

Don't fall for their propaganda. Don't let them use your head.

See evidence of this below.
https://www.nairaland.com/7160491/did-tinubu-actually-win-2015/1#113456210

Edit; my account is being mass reported for spreading this awareness. More obidients should please spread this for others to know. Make sure others are sensitized. They can't fight us all.

See one of their leaders reporting me to the moderator they work with to ban me.
####

WE KNOW THEM

100%
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by nedekid: 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

Lovely. Very kind way to give a counter opinion and most People should learn from this. Thank you
Thanks bro.
I was shocked at the typo though. Corrected it. Wonder if sometimes one makes a post and nairaland spell checks messes it up.
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by GWMI(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
Iamzik:

Clown grin cheesy
what did he turn around??
your insult have no meaning because nigeria is already moving ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Biola67: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
FOJEM:

After you call somebody wailer for Nairaland, you self go come enter your face-me-I-face-you room, go wail secretly, because you no fit see spaghetti 100 Naira again, you no fit see petrol for 200 Naira again, your landlord increase rent you no know how to pay, you no fit buy ponmo again!!!!
See your life?
If you don cap your rubbish finish, go chop your Akpu with bitter leaf soup 😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Igwe9(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cowbell521:
Illiteracy is indeed a disease. Withdrawal, not deposit. MUMU
4. Cash deposits into domiciliary accounts will not be restricted, subject to DMBs conducting proper KYC, due diligence and adhering to the spirit and letter of extant AML/CFT laws and other relevant rules and regulations.
You now know who is the illiterate one grin, Oh, you only read the propaganda headline ?
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by NapoleonHill: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:
Nigerians should continue to be aware that the APC runs a sophisticated propaganda network on nairaland.

Many of the pro APC\tinubu commenters you see are not casual users like you and I but a coordinated network of accounts used to generate "likes" and generally attempt to manipulate public opinion..

Be wise!

Don't fall for their propaganda. Don't let them use your head.

See evidence of this below.
https://www.nairaland.com/7160491/did-tinubu-actually-win-2015/1#113456210

Edit; my account is being mass reported for spreading this awareness. More obidients should please spread this for others to know. Make sure others are sensitized. They can't fight us all.

See one of their leaders reporting me to the moderator they work with to ban me.

How can I be on this list, please? cry Sad I didn't make it.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Igwe9(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
BATified2023:
mugu

How u take know say him children dey out of school

Typical mumu from d land of d rising hate
Deceitful one on rampage, Continue! You don't even know how to leave your home tomorrow
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Xkale1996(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
inoki247:
Eh eh...

Gradually we are getting dere...

People wey still dey hope on dere Debit card doing international transaction you will soon be getting dat buh guess what na Abokii rate Bank go dey give u...

Make una no go think say na the Arbitrage way like before no more free money na Bank go dey determine the rate nd it won't be different from what any online Dollar Virtual card services are giving you now....
please are they going to allow people to start buy things online like AliExpress or Amazon
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by emerged01(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
naturefellow:
or paid loyalty? Unemployment made y'all instruments of propaganda, lies, bigotry, and hate in the hands of corrupt politicians. Ride on, may you meet retribution soon!
I like the words "you may" . Only if I do all that you mentioned but if you do you will meet retribution in no time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Brownshoe: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
inoki247:

The card will surely be returned buh u won't be getting a cheaper rate like before so las las everybody that's optimistic Abt card running international transaction will dish dem las las when they see mad rate...
am using the card before but at cheap rate, now returning it is even pointless for me o, make them reverse this policy abeg make mini importation dey youth dey do no go into coma
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by inoki247: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
Xkale1996:
please are they going to allow people to start buy things online like AliExpress or Amazon

I think soon the card will be buying but no more cheap dollar on the card it will be the bank rate that will be similar to Abokki rate..
Re: CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals by Igwe9(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
MrMcJay:

This is majorly for Dorm account holders.

Previously, if you deposit cash into your Dorm account, you won't be allowed to transfer it out except if your inflow was a transfer also.
I guess what this directive says now is that you can transfer cash deposits.
Yeah I know but that has been lifted long time ago, I have been transacting from my dom account. This was around 2016 when Buhari came in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / I Am Waiting To Take Over Gtbank - Innoson Boss, Chukwuma / Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.