Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta (4295 Views)

Photos Of The Alaba Buildings Marked For Demolition / The Coughing That Preceded Abiola's Death - Susan Rice / #adeosungate: Drama, Intrigues That Preceded Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2023
Westerhoffe:
If the distressed buildings collapsed on them, you will still be among those blaming and condemning the government for not taking actions on time.
angry
Becuase theres any part of the world where buildings doesn't collapse, that's a flimsy excuse
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by chidiokay: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2023
AlexBells:
I'm fully in support of Igbos gradually reducing their investment in Lagos and take precautionary measures on acquiring non Movable properties.

Now to the issue at hand, while understanding that Lagos state government have every right to demolish distressed building as was said, the lead up and timing is suspicious.

Coming to the case of Lagos state, Igbos have that justification to feel targeted given the events of the last 3 months. 1. Tinubu losing in Lagos, 2. Sanwolu having a tough time winning in Lagos 3. The statement by the Lagos state house of assembly members threatening to make anti non indigenous laws. 4. The No Man's land saga 6. The increased rhetoric between Yorubas and Igbos and 7. The targeting and harassment of Igbos during the election.

If you truly admit Lagos govt have right to take demolition decisions in any part of Lagos state then there is absolutely reason no reason for these malicious write up;

Building collapse has no timing, therefore govt decisions can not be subservient to how a group of people feel, if some people could conveniently wail for 8yrs those are not the kind of people anyone Govt would want to wait for before taking pro-active measures.

Tinubu losing in Lagos cost him nothing in real sense, it only shows he is not liable to lagos like most of us think.

With the election results Sanwo olu had a land slide win in Lagos compared to previous polls in Lagos, the presidential was an eye opener that the igbo agenda was true, the indigenes did the needful.

Everywhere, laws are enacted to give indigenes special privileges and right, as long as there is a conducive & enabling ground for Business activities visitors & investor with "No interior motive" have no reason to feel threatened. IGBOS are not the only visitors in Lagos, Dangote refinery is worth more than all igbos investment and he is not jittering, except Igbos have coup interior motives indigenous law are not anti-human.

All we keep hearing is igbos were targeted and disenfranchised but hardly can we see 20 people come out as victims, Chinedu rhodes went round lagos how many igbos did he see with broken head at the hospitals, its funny that every igbo they came out to cry that day ended up VOTING cheesy

We know the yorubas in the East were intimidated on the election day but we kept our cool causes we are committed to respecting "Boundaries" and we are ready to lead by example any day anytime.
These year Lagos state moved to demolish some structures on banana island, is that targeting igbos tew, even the concerned buildings in alaba are most owned by yorubas rented to igbos. who is losing Yoruba landlord or igbo tenant that can move his goods cheesy abeg rest

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Westerhoffe(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2023
AlexBells:

Becuase theres any part of the world where buildings doesn't collapse, that's a flimsy excuse

Demolition notice had been given since 2016.
Did you realize that? Means the government is already aware.
I wonder why humans like to jeopardize their lives at times…
It's unreasonable to remain in a disressed building.

And, this isn't the first time the Lagos State Government is demolishing a distressed building.

So, what's the fuss about this?

Stop playing the victim card… it's not necessary.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Demolition notice had been given since 2016.
Did you realize that? Means the government is already aware.
I wonder why humans like to jeopardize their lives at times…
It's unreasonable to remain in a disressed building.

And, this isn't the first time the Lagos State Government is demolishing a distressed building.

So, what's the fuss about this?

Stop playing the victim card… it's not necessary.
Did I say notice wasn't given, I listed events that made it seem like a vendetta and please I won't be replying you further on this particular discussion
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Westerhoffe(m): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2023
AlexBells:

Did I say notice wasn't given, I listed events that made it seem like a vendetta and please I won't be replying you further on this particular discussion

And don't make it look like it's a vendetta. It's unreasonable.
Once notice is given, demolition comes at any time.
7 years of grace was good enough.

Please don't mention me again either on this discussion.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2023
chidiokay:

If you truly admit Lagos govt have right to take demolition decisions in any part of Lagos state then there is absolutely reason no reason for these malicious write up;

Building collapse has no timing, therefore govt decisions can not be subservient to how a group of people feel, if some people could conveniently wail for 8yrs those are not the kind of people anyone Govt would want to wait for before taking pro-active measures.

Tinubu losing in Lagos cost him nothing in real sense, it only shows he is not liable to lagos like most of us think.

With the election results Sanwo olu had a land slide win in Lagos compared to previous polls in Lagos, the presidential was an eye opener that the igbo agenda was true, the indigenes did the needful.

Everywhere, laws are enacted to give indigenes special privileges and right, as long as there is a conducive & enabling ground for Business activities visitors & investor with "No interior motive" have no reason to feel threatened. IGBOS are not the only visitors in Lagos, Dangote refinery is worth more than all igbos investment and he is not jittering, except Igbos have coup interior motives indigenous law are not anti-human.

All we keep hearing is igbos were targeted and disenfranchised but hardly can we see 20 people come out as victims, Chinedu rhodes went round lagos how many igbos did he see with broken head at the hospitals, its funny that every igbo they came out to cry that day ended up VOTING cheesy

We know the yorubas in the East were intimidated on the election day but we kept our cool causes we are committed to respecting "Boundaries" and we are ready to lead by example any day anytime.
These year Lagos state moved to demolish some structures on banana island, is that targeting igbos tew, even the concerned buildings in alaba are most owned by yorubas rented to igbos. who is losing Yoruba landlord or igbo tenant that can move his goods cheesy abeg rest
There's always circumstances, that could make a government, delay or hasten a decision, the earlier rhetoric could have been one that calls for such delay, people die everyday and government should be about understanding far reaching implications
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AfonjaScud: 9:11am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol for this one Nigeria

You wanted one Nigeria abi? This is one Nigeria the only way to chase igbos out of Lagos is to divide Nigeria

In the next 20 years we aim to double our population in Lagos

Abandoned property in PH,a case in point.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Godwin4444: 9:30am On Jun 19, 2023
Mynd44:

This entire thread is a joke
imagine someone saying they prefer governor to fix road that tackle insecurity

So if people security isn’t guaranteed who will ply d road

1 Like

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by duro4chang(m): 9:32am On Jun 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
Lagos will be like Ibadan soon. Foreigners will leave before Igbos.
The same Ibadan that your people are trooping to in large number. We are so accommodating. Go to iwo road in Ibadan you will your people in their hundreds. Even in my village you see them as palm wine tappers, traders and artisans as well as labourers.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by kayusely70(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2023
Naijaguy123:
You can simply go back to Enugu or Oweri . You don’t have to stay in Lagos.
You've spoken very well and reasonably too!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by chidiokay: 9:49am On Jun 19, 2023
AlexBells:

There's always circumstances, that could make a government, delay or hasten a decision, the earlier rhetoric could have been one that calls for such delay, people die everyday and government should be about understanding far reaching implications

You are entitle to your opinion with the four walls of your room, But when it comes to standard, security and protection of lives is the 1st priority of the government.

There is threat that some buildings might collapse but becos Igbos are still brooding over the last election the govt should wait till IGBOs are happy abi, before taking proactive measures that can save lives ... kindly save that "Command" for East govt, beko

When a purported "situation" is not life threatening govt can delay or wait But in circumstances where identified threat becomes "LIfe threatening" ... govt must be pro active, if you saw those buildings you will know they can collapse at any time...

Igbos need to grow up, you can't hold Nigeria to ransom with "emotions or tears" ... yorubas own most of those house demolished in Alaba
... the world does not revolve around igbos only. we are all victims of Life

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2023
chidiokay:

You are entitle to your opinion with the four walls of your room, But when it comes to standard, security and protection of lives is the 1st priority of the government.

There is threat that some buildings might collapse but becos Igbos are still brooding over the last election the govt should wait till IGBOs are happy abi, before taking proactive measures that can save lives ... kindly save that "Command" for East govt, beko

When a purported "situation" is not life threatening govt can delay or wait But in circumstances where identified threat becomes "LIfe threatening" ... govt must be pro active, if you saw those buildings you will know they can collapse at any time...

Igbos need to grow up, you can't hold Nigeria to ransom with "emotions or tears" ... yorubas own most of those house demolished in Alaba
... the world does not revolve around igbos only. we are all victims of Life

You can't be more right Sir but I have told you what it is from my room life goes on
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Jun 19, 2023
AfonjaScud:

Lol try am na if u get mind because my brother slap me I no do anything means u a stranger can do it.. If them born una well try am
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2023
Padipadi:

No problem. You can quadruple it. The fact of the matter is lagosians are awake to your take over agenda. Behave and be at peace. Bite more than you can chew and be flushed back to your muddy region
Behave? Lmao fulanis are killing your people you can't even talk na igbo be your problem.

Hustle so that u don't have to sale your fathers property to me to bury him
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2023
Afamed:

The fact that, every business is under lock and key in the east as we speak on monday morning should bother you first
And yet we are progressing more than you people... Should you not be ashamed?
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Cantonese: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2023
Afamed:
A butterfly who mistakenly takes itself to be an Eagle

Dangote with well over $30B investments in Lagos never make a noise na nonentities with 2metre/ 2metre shop dey make the loudest noise

After buying Dangote fuel, tell us how you go get the following:

1. Your tv and electronics
2. Phones and laptop
3. Clothes
4. Building materials
5. Cooking utensils
6. Drugs to save you from the die wey you go don die since.
7. Plumbing materials
8. Small loans wey una baba landlord dey beg and borrow pay una school fees.

Na Dangote $30b dey provide all these ones since. From the above Dangote $30b reach all those collective investments?

Poverty worry you die.
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by SIONKPO1(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2023
I have always say it,ndigbo should stop wailing but rather should remain their faulty Foundation
1.Think Home
2.Discourage illegal businesses(Baby factory,Fake products,Drug trafficking etc)
3.Proper Parental up bringing
4.Stop Hating others that don't support their own Narrative

1 Like

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by princemillla(m): 10:38am On Jun 19, 2023
Abagworo:
All my life I've never seen Lagos as a livable place . Maybe it's because of the ports and distribution point it serves as that made many of you endure the dirty and harsh condition to live in those places. To me Ignos should simply vacate Lagos and relocate to Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar for those importation based trading they specialize in or they can as well continue living in fool's paradise.

I wish they can listen to ur advice so that we the lagosian can know how to start keeping Lagos clean.
The dirtiness in Lagos, ur tribesmen also play huge part of it..

So I love ur advice

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by gabbytabby: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2023
If the building collapse on them fair enough sums up the kind of person you are and the lack of care you think the government should carry.

May God never put you in decision over other people’s lives. The devil may care attitude is not what sane people expect from their government.

AlexBells:
I'm fully in support of Igbos gradually reducing their investment in Lagos and take precautionary measures on acquiring non Movable properties.

Now to the issue at hand, while understanding that Lagos state government have every right to demolish distressed building as was said, the lead up and timing is suspicious. You can argue that a state can do whatever they wished without caring what anyone feels however perception is very important in governance.

Here in Enugu the governor tried to stop the sit at home head on earlier on but the people didn't pay attention to him becuase the people felt that was a wrong timing, he should first fix the potholes, becuase there's still a cold war so far Nnamdi Kanu is incarceration and creating another war is uncalled for.

Coming to the case of Lagos state, Igbos have that justification to feel targeted given the events of the past 3 months. 1. Tinubu losing in Lagos, 2. Sanwolu having a tough time winning in Lagos 3. The statement by the Lagos state house of assembly members threatening to make anti non indigenous laws. 4. The No Man's land saga 6. The increased rhetoric between Yorubas and Igbos and 7. The targeting and harassment of Igbos during the election.

All these are Omens that have transformed a government decision into a vendetta. Who am I to advice the government that the timing was wrong and that it could have been better to give the Demolition at least six months, since the people in the business district are mainly Igbos, if the buildings collapsed on them fair enough.

These sort of morale lowering event is coming at a time when economic hardship is unfolding in the country, I don't know who will laugh last but Lagos state is being a little impatient and while those buildings were marked since 2016. The timing is suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by AlexBells(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2023
gabbytabby:
If the building collapse on them fair enough sums up the kind of person you are and the lack of care you think the government should carry.

May God never put you in decision over other people’s lives. The devil may care attitude is not what sane people expect from their government.

If wishes were horses, God don't interfere in politics, God is not a gamer politics is a game, so if the people want me they would put me in charge, there has been times where critical decisions were withdrawn becuase of critical consequences, any act of the state that brings higher cost than the cost of what it is trying to save is not the best, the actions will have implication potentially more costly than the probability of the building collapsing
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Padipadi(m): 10:50am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Behave? Lmao fulanis are killing your people you can't even talk na igbo be your problem.

Hustle so that u don't have to sale your fathers property to me to bury him
Lmao, you think Yorubas don't have millionaires, hardworking souls, those that buy off south east, kick the ass of fulanis and dominate in Nigeria?
You must be on cheap colos to think so low.
Those you are insulting ll be the one to buy you, your inheritance, marry your women. They ll only do it in a civil way unlike the fulas. As for the north, to hell with you and them from Sokoto to their least place.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
Padipadi:

Lmao, you think Yorubas don't have millionaires, hardworking souls, those that buy off south east, kick the ass of fulanis and dominate in Nigeria?
You must be on cheap colos to think so low.
Those you are insulting ll be the one to buy you, your inheritance, marry your women. They ll only do it in a civil way unlike the fulas. As for the north, to hell with you and the from Sokoto to their least place.
Write the above again this time in English
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Padipadi(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Write the above again this time in English
GTFOH, low IQ chest beating empty entity!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by OldBeer: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2023
AfonjaScud:

They can only show power to Yorubas. They can't try their nonsense in south south because we get their medicine. grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 11:02am On Jun 19, 2023
Padipadi:
GTFOH, low IQ chest beating empty entity!
Awww stop acting like a victim
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Padipadi(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Awww stop acting like a victim

Receive brain. It's you and elupeees that cry like babies. If you wanna be a troll, you are welcome.
I ll do matric for you sef into university of trolls. You must learn a lesson.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by mrvitalis(m): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2023
Padipadi:

Receive brain. It's you and elupeees that cry like babies. If you wanna be a troll, you are welcome.
I ll do matric for you sef into university of trolls. You must learn a lesson.
awww stop crying
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by ASAPFERG: 11:32am On Jun 19, 2023
igboland is waiting for you

1 Like

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Trizyd(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2023
AlexBells:

I do not entertain your type of people but I will live you to entertain yourself maybe someday there could be Waterloo there's always one

Wow, wishing downfall for people. This definitely hate.

Hate at heart and speech.

Your emotions being uncontrollable has shown your true heart.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Christistruth03: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2023
Gov Soludo demolishing buildings in Anambra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj4d8W4G6IA
Re: 7 Bad Omens That Preceded The Alaba Demolition Signaling A Yoruba Vendetta by Christistruth03: 11:42am On Jun 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol for this one Nigeria

You wanted one Nigeria abi? This is one Nigeria the only way to chase igbos out of Lagos is to divide Nigeria

In the next 20 years we aim to double our population in Lagos

Good ,

Much more space for the Fulani in the SE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Arrested / Military Declare Shoot-on-sight In Jos / Diezani Is Innocent: Lets Pray For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.