Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 (41936 Views)

What You Must Know About The New Electricity Tariff Hike / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Uten9z(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
Which kind wahala be this

I deh my way coming back from Abuja to go report salary varnishing between IPPIS to account without any description or trace and then this. By the way Abeg who even design that thiefing device REMITA self, una days don the count finish?

The truth about this is that the future gain are better than the sacrifice we have to make as a country now.

We quickly compare this country with china on how years back china was backward that even Nigerias currency was far better but we don't want to knw the sacrifice they made or undergo such to become the words leading economy one day. We have zero down from fastest developing country to what we are now.

Believe me even closing the borders by Former PMB was not a wrong idia but the system didn't make plans + our greedy marketers and marchants men who countr the prices of market commudity perceive that new actors will arise from the result and they will be face out so instead they resulted to frustrating the citizens with highest impact on the poor masses with unscrupulous rise in prices of livelihood.

It's not funny for me especially and I didn't vote in this government but a right thing is right to associate with, I am not finding it any funny but I believe there are some bricks that we need to drop in this country if we need to move forward and better and it dosnt matter who does that.

One thing obvious is that the prices of community normally even from a kilometer apart varies in Nigeria (no control) and Nigeria still patronize them in there variations and never complain even with the wide margins weather they knw or not in as far as they need it but then I observe that the gap and margins is now closing up considerably, I can speculate by a more than 75%.
I mean people that extort other people are now forced to close up, they cannot longer practice their hideous crimes of over bloating their market prices again because no one is buying and to keep business they are have to almost harmonize their commodity prices with the regular because of the hike of price from increase of subsidy most likely.

By the way cutting down means of person living is the solution to cope now till things set.

I trust the government to do something too just like GEJ did by supplying Elrufai Buses, and with other emoluments expecially for government staffs and citizenry.

But if una decision is that we stay as we deh tor no qualms, as the common Nigerian man slugan "Na so e bi tei tai, nothing go work for this country".
Or we go support and join jagaban so that the small salary we deh earn no go stiln stop. Abi una no no say the system don deh cripple? We need a different approach to fit into the fast evolving world economy with too much loan to bare for as long as possible.

Unless we are set to end this country or frustrate this government by making sure it doesn't deliver (which we all go sufferam) we need dialogue on possible outcome forward.

My pick cry

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by GetSenseNow: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
PUSSYHOE:
Good move it will reduce our population, many go die of poverty grin
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Saao(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
They want to finish Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Seanrey007: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
This is my First time posting this on Any kind of platform, Please Nairalanders, there is Hunger in the Land, I have Labored , I have worked so hard with Nothing , no one to help, no support. Please I haven’t had anything to eat for days , please help me so I can eat and also have transportation to go to work. God Bless you all
UBA
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by zolajpower: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
jmoore:
If you are a prepaid user, better buy tokens that can last at least for 4 years.
How does that token token work please . I need ur help , prepaid has finished me wahalai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Xox1945(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
I expected this I know it will come

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by matm: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
jmoore:
If you are a prepaid user, better buy tokens that can last at least for 4 years.

Where is the money? U simply ration power.Fridge 2hrs, iron fast ironing, bulbs only at night.
APC has no good agenda for Nigerians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by matm: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
obiekunie01:
grin grin grin

agbadorians will get it far less. just go get your agbadorian ID card, with it you will get fuel and electricity at 70% discount! cheesy

you will even get student load without needing any guarantor!

just get your agbadorian ID card! cheesy cheesy

APC members and supporters as well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Murketeer: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
Yves4real:
When we're still having trouble with the previous tariffs that the previous administration implemented, a new electricity tariff is introduced? shocked
God, please, show us mercy.
Nor be God comot am na ...Na Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by jmoore(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
zolajpower:

How does that token token work please . I need ur help , prepaid has finished me wahalai
If you are already using prepaid, then you have a token. Token is just the PIN you are given to enter when you buy power from your DISCO.

4 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by yemmit90: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
jmoore:

Tariff have classes. My tariff is 66 naira per kwh.

Seem they've silently increased the price even before July 1st because i bought just 26 units for 2k about 10 days ago.

That is about #77 per unit.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
November1857:
Households under pressure as new electricity tariff due July 1

New electricity tariff takes effect from July 1, 2023

• Tinubu, NERC at crossroads as naira floating, inflation disrupt MYTO
• Energy cost may push households, SMEs’ spending to 70% amid unavailable electricity
• Stakeholders raise concerns over impacts on economy, poverty

https://guardian.ng/news/households-under-pressure-as-new-electricity-tariff-due-july-1/

A sick old drug man bought himself into power, and with no economic team/advisers yet, started implementing useless, impoverishing policies with no thought about their economic implications!

Now, more Nigerians are going to get jobless, hungry, and with death beckoning

It won't be well with those cheering him on the grounds of ethnoreligious affiliations and sentiments.

7 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by SaLongs1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
I am laughing at the current connundrum of not having higher income whilst dealing with higher bills. Today l almost traded punches with a transporter who wanted to charge me extra for no reason and it was only the intervention of passerby that averted a potential disaster. I just don't know where we are headed to in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by zolajpower: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
jmoore:

If you are already using prepaid, then you have a token. Token is just the PIN you are given to enter when you buy power from your DISCO.
Yes I get that every time I want to load, but the prepaid isn't helping though . Within a week 7k token is gone

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Flets: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Uten9z:

I deh my way coming back from Abuja to go report salary varnishing between IPPIS to account without any description and then this. By the way Abeg who even design that thiefing device REMITA self, una days don the count finish?

The truth about this is that the future gain is better than the sacrifice we have to make as a country now.

We quickly compare this country with china on how years back china was backward that even Nigerias currency was far better but we don't want to knw the sacrifice they made or undergo such to become the words leading economy one day. We have zero down from fastest developing country to what we are now.

Believe me even closing the borders by Former PMB was not a wrong idia but the system didn't make plans + our greedy marketers and marchants men who countr the prices of market commudity perceive that new actors will arise from the result and they will be face out so instead they resulted to frustrating the citizens with highest impact on the poor masses with unscrupulous rise in prices of livelihood.

It's not funny for me especially and I didn't vote in this government but a right thing is right to associate with, I am not finding it any funny but I believe there are some bricks that we need to drop in this country if we need to move forward and better and it dosnt matter who does that.

One thing obvious is that the prices of community normally even from a kilometer apart varies in Nigeria (no control) and Nigeria still patronize them in there variations and never complain even with the wide margins weather they knw or not in as far as they need it but then I observe that the gap and margins is now closing up considerably, I can speculate by a more than 75%.
I mean people that extort other people are now forced to close up, they cannot longer practice their hideous crimes of over bloating their market prices again because no one is buying and to keep business they are have to almost harmonize their commodity prices with the regular because of the hike of price from increase of subsidy most likely.

By the way cutting down means of person living is the solution to cope now till things set.

I trust the government to do something too just like GEJ did by supplying Elrufai Buses, and with other emoluments expecially for government staffs and citizenry.

But if una decision is that we stay as we deh tor no qualms, as the common Nigerian man slugan "Na so e bi tei tai, nothing go work for this country".
Or we go support and join jagaban so that the small salary we deh earn no go stiln stop. Abi una no no say the system don deh cripple? We need a different approach to fit into the fast evolving world economy with too much loan to bare for as long as possible.

Unless we are set to end this country or frustrate this government by making sure it doesn't deliver (which we all go sufferam) we need dialogue on possible outcome forward.

My pick cry

In the midst of utmost corruption, it a wild goose chase ..... Nothing can work

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by boom99(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
I don dey prepare for this wahala since. I know say them go shot am up

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Risingblue008(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
We are on a Long thing

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Murketeer: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Uten9z:

I deh my way coming back from Abuja to go report salary varnishing between IPPIS to account without any description and then this. By the way Abeg who even design that thiefing device REMITA self, una days don the count finish?

The truth about this is that the future gain is better than the sacrifice we have to make as a country now.

My pick cry
Lol China ...do you know that in China ...if you are caught embezzling public funds ...you will be publicly executed ...only that fear alone makes everyone to be up and doing...nor compare Nigeria biko...our politicians will steal everything stealable

5 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by TheOldGods: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Procashtips:

When was ₦1000 64 units?
Any receipt to back this up?

I have always bought 28 units for ₦1000 until of recent that it became 23 units for the same ₦1000.

Where una dey buy 16 units for ₦1k?
I buy 13 units for 1k here in Enugu. A unit is 71 naira

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by jmoore(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
zolajpower:

Yes I get that every time I want to load, but the prepaid isn't helping though . Within a week 7k token is gone
You need to manage your consumption. If you are still using electric bulbs of 60 watts and 100 watts, remove them and buy energy saving bulb of 3 watts, 6 watts.

Don't use hotplates.
Arrange your clothes well so you can reduce the time spent using pressing iron.

Your fridge should not be on always. If you have enough cash, you can buy energy saving fridge and sell the old one.

2 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by LocksAid: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Power stations dey
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by youngrichnigga: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nigerian politicians (harvoc wrecking locusts) continues to transfer the results of ineptitude in government policies, lack of planning and the shortfalls due to corruption and heavy loads of our humongous cost of politics to the masses who have failed to rise up and challenge the political class. In all of these subsidy removals has there been any load shedding in our cost of governance? NO undecided undecided undecidedundecided

5 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Sprints3: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Procashtips:

When was ₦1000 64 units?
Any receipt to back this up?

I have always bought 28 units for ₦1000 until of recent that it became 23 units for the same ₦1000.

Where una dey buy 16 units for ₦1k?
ibedc its 67.25 naira per unit no comapre ekedc with ibedc
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
gabbytabby:
Control that which you can control. You really are not helpless.

Only use low energy 5watt or not more than 10 watt bulbs.

When you buy fridges and /or freezer check for low energy usage or those with inverter. Same for AC. Be intentional about everything you do and you will see that things are manageable.

There is a lot of wastage in the use of electricity.
Instead of u to call a "spade" a spade u 're here rambling.
I swear Nigerians like sufferings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=anonymous1759 post=123894149][/quote]

There's no pride in having the biggest balls to crush poor Nigerians who have already been pauperized by the previous government.

His actions are plainly thoughtless and foolish.

As clueless as Buhari was, he could have implemented those unfriendly policies, but was wise enough to shift them to the next administration and avoid the backlash.

This dullard just jumped into them without any second thought, and the masses are going to pay for that, unfortunately

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by waveman2: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
Rephrase APC guns suffer no dey tire una.Everyone that saw the light and stuck to truth God will deliver you all but those that have decided to continue suffering it will remain their portion.
Flets:
Before we all get carried away with the media propaganda, here are the summary of Tinubu's government to date:

1. Fuel subsidy is removed and you will buy fuel for 500 to 900naira per liter (depending on the exchange rate). The savings will be looted like that of kerosene and diesel. There will be no commensurate succor/ palliative for your suffering. Instead of going after the subsidy thieves and stopping the smuggling across boarders, they have transferred the responsibility to the helpless Nigerian people.

2. Naira has been devalued (though they call it floating). The FG has handed over the exchange to the market forces where speculators and banks are king. Naira continues to fall in the I/E and parallel market. Anybody who tells you Naira will appreciate is a joker, for a corrupt country like ours, the banks and speculators are the new cabal and will drive the rates how they deem fit. Don’t believe…. Just observe. What most don’t get now is that CBN now has no obligation to provide FX at a particular rate to the market, as such the new FG players can access FX from CBN without noise.

3. FG funding for tertiary education has been removed. Students will pay upwards of 400K tuition fee starting next session. A lot of students will drop out and cannot complete their education anymore. The so-called student loan will be almost impossible for an average student without connection to access. Guess what happens to the savings from this funding…. To be looted by the same people who have impoverished the nation.

4. Electricity tariff have been increased (without increased production) and will take effect from July 1st. This is a death knell to small and medium scale businesses. You are now stuck between the devil (PMS at 550naira per liter) and the blue sea (extra expensive electricity tariff).

5. All the FG has done so far is abandon almost all responsibilities it has over the people through the bills being signed since May 29. All Tinubu has done is to make available funds to be shared by him and his goons at the expense of the people. Not a single bill or action aimed at ameliorating the suffering of the already downcast Nigerian people rather adding to the pain in the guise of elitist policies

6. Guess what…. None of these policies have any impact on the political class and they have not made a single sacrifice. Same old political criminals are back in power, Gbaja, Akume, Asari Dokubo etc and you expect any real change apart from increased suffering?. How do you expect Tinubu to pay back the these same criminals who supported him into power?

Nigerians…. Suffer no dey tire una?

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by bergs2: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
With a monthly subsidy of about N50 billion still in the electricity sector owing to revenue shortfall, the tariff hike due from July 1, may be another acid test for the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration’s market reform.

Just when you think you have had enough and now this!!!

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Sprints3: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
zolajpower:

. Bro the discos have tampered with the tarrif unit system it drain faster than usual only God knows how they did it its from their end. Try dey use 5 watts bulb they off anything u no dey use. No use AC or freezer with am. If u want to use your freezer use it overnight buy haier thermocool freezer and use it in the night. By that time u dey sleep no TV on No lights on.

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Acidosis(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
AskNgige2:

Omo e be like I go join my neighbor de do bypass, na only me de pay NEPA bills cos am scared of bypass to avoid wahala..

Meanwhile my neighbors de run their AC 247 with charges..

I will join suit na..

Don't do it. If dem catch you, you will be made to pay N220k to have your metre/light back.

Based on your negotiation power, you will be forced to recharge your metre with 100-500k upon reconnection.

These are Ikeja Electric's current charges for illegal connections/bypass.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa / Saraki Gives 4 SUVs To 4 High Chiefs In Ilorin (Photos) / "Karma Caught Up With Obama" - Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.