Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 (41929 Views)

What You Must Know About The New Electricity Tariff Hike / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Jnkay: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
MTN and GLO will soon remove data subsidy. Agbadorians thought they were doing Obidents

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
If you have the financial wherewithal, go for solar panels. Why should I pay so much for electricity if I can't get value for my money? Makes no sense.

I have two laptop powerbanks from Cooldipo that can be charged via NEPA, solar or electricity and they have been serving me very well. The problem though is that most landlords will never allow you to put solar panels on the roof of their house. If not for that, I would be enjoying like madt
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

I have two laptop powerbanks from Cooldipo that can be charged via NEPA, solar or electricity and they have been serving me very well. The problem though is that most landlords will never allow you to put solar panels on the roof of their house. If not for that, I would be enjoying like madt

Ask the installer if there are other places they could be placed other than the roof. My neighbor has his on the wall outside his room. His room faces the sun directly, so it works that way for him.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Love800(m): 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ok. But i dont want to go into whatsapp. I just want to clarify something. Sorry am disturbing u.

Is the energy both solar nd inverter? Nd wat is the difference btw these two?

Why do i hear people always talking down on solar? They always say that there is no need using solar. Am not sure is abt the money sef. They can afford it but they say is not reliable. Why?
Softhands:
yes boss.. you pump when sun is high... Most times between 10 am and 12mid day... Check my signature for WhatsApp details
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by stanluiz(m): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Deltavariant:
Tinubu is just playing the script of IMF/World bank
We are in a long ride shocked

Reminds me of the military regime of IBB.

We all know IMf plan is to improvised and destroy economy of any Nation they laid hands especially those countries in Africa, South America and Asia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Ask the installer if there are other places they could be placed other than the roof. My neighbor has his on the wall outside his room. His room faces the sun directly, so it works that way for him.

Oh wow. Your neighbor has his head screwed on right. The problem though is that his panels will get 6 hours of direct sunlight at best, versus at least 11 hours when mounted on a roof. Still, 6 hours is better than nothing.

What I am exploring at the moment is 2-4 solar panels coupled together and mounted on something that makes them mobile. That way they can be wheeled into and out of the yard every day. Sure, that's stressful and thievery risks are high. But there doesn't seem to be much in the way of alternatives. But of course, a rich gal like you can propose and take me to Dubai to live happily ever after and not have to worry about electricity grin

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by charlizonto: 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
They should not also forget to sign the suicide law decree act too

Delusional Government
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Softhands(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2023
Love800:
Ok. But i dont want to go into whatsapp. I just want to clarify something. Sorry am disturbing u.

Is the energy both solar nd inverter? Nd wat is the difference btw these two?

Why do i hear people always talking down on solar? They always say that there is no need using solar. Am not sure is abt the money sef. They can afford it but they say is not reliable. Why?
Too many many questions but I will be brief. Solar is reliable if you get it installed properly. I installed solar for customers that carry pumping machines and AC. With good maintenance, the batteries last upto 7years. If you add up what you would have paid for nepa for seven years you'd see that from the 3rd year, you are practically just using free electricity every single day.

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Love800(m): 6:08am On Jun 20, 2023
I appreciate

Tanks so much man
Softhands:
Too many many questions but I will be brief. Solar is reliable if you get it installed properly. I installed solar for customers that carry pumping machines and AC. With good maintenance, the batteries last upto 7years. If you add up what you would have paid for nepa for seven years you'd see that from the 3rd year, you are practically just using free electricity every single day.

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Offpoint1: 6:23am On Jun 20, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
cheesy Hehehehe. I give Nigerians 6 months to understand the mess they are IN
Lol, those delusional folks falling for APC media gimmick don't understand what is going on.... Reality will set in in 3-6 months time.

The rate of suffering never witnessed in Nigeria before will commence grin

The only thing the common citizen used to enjoyed from the corrupt government has been stopped.... Dem never see anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by nedekid: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Solar energy way...
The cost it the issue.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by nedekid: 6:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Asabe4:
Nigeria should allow the poor breeeeefftt!!! embarassed embarassed
Poor? Nigeria?
Lol.
If they can vote, they can bear what ever comes their way.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by eagleonearth(m): 6:52am On Jun 20, 2023
Softhands:
was not upto 1m when I did it but when way things are expensive now, It will be well over.
omo
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by davit: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2023
jmoore:
If you are a prepaid user, better buy tokens that can last at least for 4 years.

Exactly my thought.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by livenija: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2023
gabbytabby:
Control that which you can control. You really are not helpless.

Only use low energy 5watt or not more than 10 watt bulbs.

When you buy fridges and /or freezer check for low energy usage or those with inverter. Same for AC. Be intentional about everything you do and you will see that things are manageable.

There is a lot of wastage in the use of electricity.
u b fool
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Oh wow. Your neighbor has his head screwed on right. The problem though is that his panels will get 6 hours of direct sunlight at best, versus at least 11 hours when mounted on a roof. Still, 6 hours is better than nothing.

What I am exploring at the moment is 2-4 solar panels coupled together and mounted on something that makes them mobile. That way they can be wheeled into and out of the yard every day. Sure, that's stressful and thievery risks are high. But there doesn't seem to be much in the way of alternatives. But of course, a rich gal like you can propose and take me to Dubai to live happily ever after and not have to worry about electricity grin

If there are other alternatives as to how you can use the panels without being placed on the roof, very better. Placing them anywhere other than the roof could have them stolen (depending on where you reside anyway).

Yeye. Be whining me o. Big girl kor. grin

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by St3v3nson: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Condolences to the poor. They'r really suffocating

Let the poor breeeeath.....
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 20, 2023
We survived Buhariship we will also survive Tinubuship on God.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2023
codedguy1:
Tulumbu nikan lo ma se. grin

He is doing it. He hasn't made a down payment for agbado that we will use for electricity yet.

We will all be alright las las.

Instead he removed the down payment called subsidy.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by wardell30(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2023
gabbytabby:
Control that which you can control. You really are not helpless.

Only use low energy 5watt or not more than 10 watt bulbs.

When you buy fridges and /or freezer check for low energy usage or those with inverter. Same for AC. Be intentional about everything you do and you will see that things are manageable.
Thereโ€™s always that one fool, so at your big age you believe reducing electricity use is the solution. Mumu
There is a lot of wastage in the use of electricity.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Procashtips(m): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2023
isArray:
don't mind him, the European society that was built to satisfy every social class

Everybody must be very rich or at least comfortable in Europe then.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by isArray: 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
Procashtips:

Everybody must be very rich or at least comfortable in Europe then.
Not rich, but almost everybody here is comfortable - well designed good roads, efficient and cheap transport system, shelter and food for homeless people, unemployment benefits, parks and sports training facilities in close proximity to residential area and so on.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Procashtips(m): 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
isArray:
Not rich, but almost everybody here is comfortable - well designed good roads, efficient and cheap transport system, shelter and food for homeless people, unemployment benefits, parks and sports training facilities in close proximity to residential area and so on.

You have not traveled or haven't been observing things

How can you claim almost everybody is comfortable in Europe?
Ever heard of Portugal?
Northern part of Cyprus?
Montenegro

And a host of other countries?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/poorest-countries-in-europe

There are at least more than 10 countries some African countries are better than in Europe, do not let the media deceive you.

Compare their GDP and GNl with that of some African countries.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/richest-african-countries

You need to read deeper if you cant travel to understand that a veil is being used to cover the reality everywhere.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by isArray: 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
Procashtips:

You have not traveled or haven't been observing things

How can you claim almost everybody is comfortable in Europe?
Ever heard of Portugal?
Northern part of Cyprus?
And a host of other countries?

There are at least more than 15 countries some African countries are better than in Europe, do not let the media deceive you.

You need to read deeper if you cant travel to understand that a veil is being used to cover the reality everywhere.
Okay, no need to prolong the talk. I live in Europe by the way ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Procashtips(m): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
isArray:
Okay, no need to prolong the talk. I live in Europe by the way ๐Ÿ˜

And you do not know this?

You see Africans.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by isArray: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Procashtips:

And you do not know this?

You see Africans.

I accept your point that there are good African countries(Egypt, Kenya e.t.c), but I am referring to Nigeria in this case, where 247 electricity is still a luxury, and some other low quality problems that you wouldn't face in Europe
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by petux(m): 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
Easybet1:
how will you get it when you still stay in your parents house and don't pay any bills

And you were able to deduce all this by just that one sentence??
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2023
[quote author=DrAkpamudehe post=123896181]
If U never japa at this point., Then am sorry for you grin
[/quot

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The Meeting Of Tinubu & Oshiomhole With Wamakko / Throwback Photo Of Abba Kyari As A Cadet At The Nigeria Police Academy / Buhari At The Opening Ceremony Of 72nd UN General Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.