Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 (41842 Views)

What You Must Know About The New Electricity Tariff Hike / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Abagworo(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Will they still blame Emefiele? Clewless leafers

4 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by FireUpNow(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Those who voted for Tinubu and APC una go learn Chinese story for this one. The inflation that will happen in this country is very wicked. You voted a schemer and a fraud. Na d result be this. Tinubu must recover the $20 billion he spent on the elections and Nigerians are to pay the various loans APC govt got from China and the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Smartguyboy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
I almost cried when I bought 9 liters of fuel ⛽️ 5k in my car 🚘.
No hope for common Nigerian anymore just because of tribalism we chose someone with no clue of what his doing.
1999 and 2023 is not the same thing.

5 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by bluefilm: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:
Before we all get carried away with the media propaganda, here are the summary of Tinubu's government to date:

1. Fuel subsidy is removed and you will buy fuel for 500 to 900naira per liter (depending on the exchange rate). The savings will be looted like that of kerosene and diesel. There will be no commensurate succor/ palliative for your suffering. Instead of going after the subsidy thieves and stopping the smuggling across boarders, they have transferred the responsibility to the helpless Nigerian people.

2. Naira has been devalued (though they call it floating). The FG has handed over the exchange to the market forces where speculators and banks are king. Naira continues to fall in the I/E and parallel market. Anybody who tells you Naira will appreciate is a joker, for a corrupt country like ours, the banks and speculators are the new cabal and will drive the rates how they deem fit. Don’t believe…. Just observe. What most don’t get now is that CBN now has no obligation to provide FX at a particular rate to the market, as such the new FG players can access FX from CBN without noise.

3. FG funding for tertiary education has been removed. Students will pay upwards of 400K tuition fee starting next session. A lot of students will drop out and cannot complete their education anymore. The so-called student loan will be almost impossible for an average student without connection to access. Guess what happens to the savings from this funding…. To be looted by the same people who have impoverished the nation.

4. Electricity tariff have been increased (without increased production) and will take effect from July 1st. This is a death knell to small and medium scale businesses. You are now stuck between the devil (PMS at 550naira per liter) and the blue sea (extra expensive electricity tariff).

5. All the FG has done so far is abandon almost all responsibilities it has over the people through the bills being signed since May 29. All Tinubu has done is to make available funds to be shared by him and his goons at the expense of the people. Not a single bill or action aimed at ameliorating the suffering of the already downcast Nigerian people rather adding to the pain in the guise of elitist policies

6. Guess what…. None of these policies have any impact on the political class and they have not made a single sacrifice. Same old political criminals are back in power, Gbaja, Akume, Asari Dokubo etc and you expect any real change apart from increased suffering?. How do you expect Tinubu to pay back the these same criminals who supported him into power?

Nigerians…. Suffer no dey tire una?

They like their suffering and smiling lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Angelfrost(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Solar energy way...

Yeah... Average Nigerians can easily afford that! tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by oonyeoma50: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
What do you expect from someone that did not win election. Tinubu knows Nigerians never vote for him and this the right time make them suffer. Nigerians are on a long thing 💯

4 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by cowboyT: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
obi4eze:
angry

People wey vote Tinubu go hear am.

First, fuel subsidy removal without palliative, then student loan scam, then removal of university tuition fees, then devaluation of fx rate. I just feel for the millions of Nigerians that this drug baron forced himself on by rigging the elections. One week was even too short to prove what hmwe had said all this while - Tinubu has nothing to offer.

Meanwhile, what happened to the 800 million dollars fuel subsidy palliative that Buhari got before he left?
nobody seems to ask about it

2 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Angelfrost(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:
Before we all get carried away with the media propaganda, here are the summary of Tinubu's government to date:

1. Fuel subsidy is removed and you will buy fuel for 500 to 900naira per liter (depending on the exchange rate). The savings will be looted like that of kerosene and diesel. There will be no commensurate succor/ palliative for your suffering. Instead of going after the subsidy thieves and stopping the smuggling across boarders, they have transferred the responsibility to the helpless Nigerian people.

2. Naira has been devalued (though they call it floating). The FG has handed over the exchange to the market forces where speculators and banks are king. Naira continues to fall in the I/E and parallel market. Anybody who tells you Naira will appreciate is a joker, for a corrupt country like ours, the banks and speculators are the new cabal and will drive the rates how they deem fit. Don’t believe…. Just observe. What most don’t get now is that CBN now has no obligation to provide FX at a particular rate to the market, as such the new FG players can access FX from CBN without noise.

3. FG funding for tertiary education has been removed. Students will pay upwards of 400K tuition fee starting next session. A lot of students will drop out and cannot complete their education anymore. The so-called student loan will be almost impossible for an average student without connection to access. Guess what happens to the savings from this funding…. To be looted by the same people who have impoverished the nation.

4. Electricity tariff have been increased (without increased production) and will take effect from July 1st. This is a death knell to small and medium scale businesses. You are now stuck between the devil (PMS at 550naira per liter) and the blue sea (extra expensive electricity tariff).

5. All the FG has done so far is abandon almost all responsibilities it has over the people through the bills being signed since May 29. All Tinubu has done is to make available funds to be shared by him and his goons at the expense of the people. Not a single bill or action aimed at ameliorating the suffering of the already downcast Nigerian people rather adding to the pain in the guise of elitist policies

6. Guess what…. None of these policies have any impact on the political class and they have not made a single sacrifice. Same old political criminals are back in power, Gbaja, Akume, Asari Dokubo etc and you expect any real change apart from increased suffering?. How do you expect Tinubu to pay back the these same criminals who supported him into power?

Boss... Off this Mic fess! grin

Nigerians haven't suffered enough!!! Forget these dull citizens!

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by ubox: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
gabbytabby:
Control that which you can control. You really are not helpless.

Only use low energy 5watt or not more than 10 watt bulbs.

When you buy fridges and /or freezer check for low energy usage or those with inverter. Same for AC. Be intentional about everything you do and you will see that things are manageable.

There is a lot of wastage in the use of electricity.
People be leaving their fence light on till like 2pn
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Deltavariant(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tinubu is just playing the script of IMF/World bank

1 Like

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Angelfrost(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:

Nigerians are in love with their oppressors. Doubt me?, look around you .... if you are nice to a Nigerian, he calls you mumu while they refer to the mean men as strong men

The last Election cleared all doubts about this fact! Stockholm's Syndrome has a home among the brains of most Nigerians!

An average Nigerian will vilify anyone who criticizes those oppressing them especially if you are not from their tribe or religion!

This nation can never be redeemed!!!

7 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Emmaomotob(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:

A responsible government does not only talk about long term, just like a sane person does not only talk about the food he is going to eat in the future. Removing subsidy of a product that is hard to monitor is smart. Stopping the fraud of multiple exchange rates is not a terrible idea. But what are the short term palliatives to ensure people do not sink into absolute poverty? Also, what concrete plan does he have to present to Nigerians after making such drastic moves?
I personally do not see an end in sight for the woes of Nigeria. Nigeria was created out of thin air. It is the byproduct of western occupation and exploitation and has no valid justification for its existence. It is pride that brings loyalty. Loyalty makes a country great. How can you be loyal to a fabricated country?

8 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by oonyeoma50: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nigerians should pray for the Messiah" to get back his mandate and rescue Nigeria from the shackles of hell fire 🔥

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Angelfrost(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Asabe4:
Nigeria should allow the poor breeeeefftt!!! embarassed embarassed

I don't even pity most of the poor!

They voted massively for their corrupt oppressors because of their tribe and religion!

They are even online insulting people, trolling them as "Losers", "Wailers", etc!

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Naijanascam: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Everyone must enjoy the much talked about Renewed Hope.....7.5% vat on every liter of PMS loading.......

Me singing Ebemi Eda's hit...,... suffer suffer for world amiin enjoy heaven amiin

4 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by mankan2k7(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
It is like Tilupu is on a final mission to completely kill this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by gabbytabby: 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
I was one of them if Nepa dey it’s on 24/7 so I gradually changed all to solar and it comes on only at night.

ubox:

People be leaving their fence light on till like 2pn

2 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Procashtips(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Sprints3:
ibedc its 67.25 naira per unit no comapre ekedc with ibedc

Wow

Why should they charge people with lesser purchasing power more na?

@Wikdkat02

I can't reply you on the other thread because I got banned by the bot.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Angelfrost(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
inoki247:
Lol no breathing space for the poor...

Don't worry... They will build FDP (Financially Displaced Persons) camps across the nation!

The focus now is to move every poor and average earner into the remote villages!

Just as it was done in the classic Movie "Elysium" starring Matt Damon! cool

I hope they have enough security on the ground to handle the coming Wave of Crimes??!

3 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by vislabraye(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:

reaThat's a gloomy picture. We just have to wait a and see. I don't have full confidence in this man. I wish he proves me wrong. He was part of the people who brought PMB to power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Uten9z(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Murketeer:

Lol China ...do you know that in China ...if you are caught embezzling public funds ...you will be publicly executed ...only that fear alone makes everyone to be up and doing...nor compare Nigeria biko...our politicians will steal everything stealable

Okay is like you never now that the people who made that law excommunicated China from the rest of the world stop importantion or any other thing and stop utilizing anything they themself cannot maintain or produce and even though the nuke did damage to their soil they will rather die in hunger than buy from outside the country and this remain until they favorably can exchange a service to get another thing.
So before u start slaughtering politicians make a sacrifice.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Angelfrost(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
vislabraye:
reaThat's a gloomy picture. We just have to wait a and see. I don't have full confidence in this man. I wish he proves me wrong. He was part of the people who brought PMB to power.

Of course, everyone must wait...! But, while waiting, will the poor eat stones??!

2 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Procashtips(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
TheOldGods:
I buy 13 units for 1k here in Enugu. A unit is 71 naira

Wow

That means my part of Nigeria is getting electricity for cheap.

23 units for ₦1,000
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by cowboyT: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:
If U never japa at this point., Then am sorry for you grin
Thanks for your sympathy, e still dey pain me now I swear. abeg any connection for Ghana, make I start from there.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by gabbytabby: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
PBAT is the best of the bunch. None of them is without sin.

People know that they are all oppressors or oppressors in waiting and in training. Including all the electorates join.

Angelfrost:

I don't even pity most of the poor!

They voted massively for their corrupt oppressors because of their tribe and religion!

They are even online insulting people, trolling them as "Losers", "Wailers", etc!
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by komzy589(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Uten9z:
Which kind wahala be this

I deh my way coming back from Abuja to go report salary varnishing between IPPIS to account without any description or trace and then this. By the way Abeg who even design that thiefing device REMITA self, una days don the count finish?

The truth about this is that the future gain are better than the sacrifice we have to make as a country now.

We quickly compare this country with china on how years back china was backward that even Nigerias currency was far better but we don't want to knw the sacrifice they made or undergo such to become the words leading economy one day. We have zero down from fastest developing country to what we are now.

Believe me even closing the borders by Former PMB was not a wrong idia but the system didn't make plans + our greedy marketers and marchants men who countr the prices of market commudity perceive that new actors will arise from the result and they will be face out so instead they resulted to frustrating the citizens with highest impact on the poor masses with unscrupulous rise in prices of livelihood.

It's not funny for me especially and I didn't vote in this government but a right thing is right to associate with, I am not finding it any funny but I believe there are some bricks that we need to drop in this country if we need to move forward and better and it dosnt matter who does that.

One thing obvious is that the prices of community normally even from a kilometer apart varies in Nigeria (no control) and Nigeria still patronize them in there variations and never complain even with the wide margins weather they knw or not in as far as they need it but then I observe that the gap and margins is now closing up considerably, I can speculate by a more than 75%.
I mean people that extort other people are now forced to close up, they cannot longer practice their hideous crimes of over bloating their market prices again because no one is buying and to keep business they are have to almost harmonize their commodity prices with the regular because of the hike of price from increase of subsidy most likely.

By the way cutting down means of person living is the solution to cope now till things set.

I trust the government to do something too just like GEJ did by supplying Elrufai Buses, and with other emoluments expecially for government staffs and citizenry.

But if una decision is that we stay as we deh tor no qualms, as the common Nigerian man slugan "Na so e bi tei tai, nothing go work for this country".
Or we go support and join jagaban so that the small salary we deh earn no go stiln stop. Abi una no no say the system don deh cripple? We need a different approach to fit into the fast evolving world economy with too much loan to bare for as long as possible.

Unless we are set to end this country or frustrate this government by making sure it doesn't deliver (which we all go sufferam) we need dialogue on possible outcome forward.

My pick cry
You don’t have to post this nonsense twice sir. Your mission is clear and duly noted 📝

2 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Love800(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Does this solar power all the appliances in a home?
Softhands:
Lol... I don install solar tey tey... Thank God o
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Rollingstones86: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
The best thing is to divide this country because if care isn't taken enough theres gonna be cannibalism in the future

2 Likes

Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by Chetas81(m): 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Who's fault
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by JaskanFactor: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:

What do you think all 100+_ hours cooking in kitchen competition is for, to distract them while they set their lifes on fire.#

You can see them doing all this things that make life more difficult at the same time, with hardly any space for people to recover, and Nigerians still think thier enemies are joking,

they are sending out the message, normal life of settling down get married with kids is no longer affordable , do so at your own risk.

They now have AI robots, they dont want people around anymore, unless you rich.

But knowing people, they will carry on doing what they cant afford, and just throw each other under the bus more often than they used to.

If bill gates jab did not get you, then the price inflation will show you pepper.
Re: Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 by anonymous1759(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

There's no pride in having the biggest balls to crush poor Nigerians who have already been pauperized by the previous government.

His actions are plainly thoughtless and foolish.

As clueless as Buhari was, he could have implemented those unfriendly policies, but was wise enough to shift them to the next administration and avoid the backlash.

This dullard just jumped into them without any second thought, and the masses are going to pay for that, unfortunately

You definitely can’t please everybody and make people see things from your perspective. I’m yet to see people die of this fuel subsidy removal transport fare didn’t increase that much self it’s obvious some people are just cashing out on the masses.
Subsidy is enhancing corruption in Nigeria we’re too corrupt and compromised for such generous act .

When federal universities starts paying high education will improve they won’t be strikes because students are the ones responsible for their salaries, likewise electricity if government stops paying subsidies and the customers consumption will determine their sales of the discos electricity will improve just like now that tariff has increased a bit , somethings will automatically fix itself when it’s been run privately.You can’t have quality without a cost if you want to be truthful with ourselves Nigeria can’t continue to be run like a charity organization.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This The Most Calm And Organized Polling Unit In Nigeria??? (photos) / Dr Maduka: "I Will Build 21 University Statelite Campuses In 21 LGA If Elected" / INEC Removes Plateau Returning Officer For Crazy Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.