Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,242 members, 7,849,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) (3518 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Headless Mob Is Masturbating Over Nothing - Tinubu Lawyer Ogala / Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From / Oshiomhole Replies Babatunde Ogala APC Legal Adviser: You Take Directive From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
totit:

Let's join the Igala people to celebrate him, please. cool
Let's join yorubas instead.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
totit:
Loool

https://www.blueprint.ng/igala-group-congratulates-new-naval-chief-ogalla/
Enema is the Nsukka dialect equivalent of Enemuo in central igbo (looking at the spirits). There are mutual exchange of names over the boarder. Stop the ignorance
Former deputy governor of Kogi is Igala with Igbo name

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Raf4: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Na lack of understanding be your problem. I was saying that his name doesn't sound like a typical igbo name and that's why people thought there was no Igbo. Not all name sound like the typical tribal name. Did you know that there are Ogala in yoruba before? Does it sound like a typical yoruba name? But doest it change the fact that they are yoruba by origin. That's the point I'm making

That your 1st sentence shows that you lack curtesy. Will you correct yourself immediately?
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by enemybulldozer(m): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Yorubas are claiming that he is Igala. Nothing concern Igala with the name. The closet is even yoruba
The are claiming he is Igala because they are not happy with the appointment. They don't want their god tinubu to appoint any Igbo but, tomorrow they will tell their gullibles that it is the Igbo that is causing the whole problem. They've been lying against the Igbo since 1960's.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Mrfeel: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

This thread is to highlight the fact that the name doesn't matter. What matters is his community, Enugu Ezike is an Igbo community and makes up 99% of Igbo Eze North LGA in Enugu. The only other community is Etteh, a tiny Igala community. But the man is not from there
The man is an enugu man simple and short

1 Like

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by JpBiz92: 8:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
I may not be correct, but I discovered that the Germans living at the boarder with Italy do bear names like Mario, Franco, luca etc
But that doesn't make them Italians
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
enemybulldozer:
The are claiming he is Igala because they are not happy with the appointment. They don't want their god tinubu to appoint any Igbo but, tomorrow they will tell their gullibles that it is the Igbo that is causing the whole problem. They've been lying against the Igbo since 1960's.
These mischievous Ronu miscreants tire us.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Mrfeel:

The man is an enugu man simple and short
And an Igboman to the core
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
JpBiz92:
I may not be correct, but I discovered that the Germans living at the boarder with Italy do bear names like Mario, Franco, luca etc
But that doesn't make them Italians
Thank you. We have been trying to educate these ignorant people on the situation at border but they don't want to learn
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Mrfeel: 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

And an Igboman to the core
I don't care
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2023
Mrfeel:

I don't care
Okay
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by totit: 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Let's join Yorubas instead.

Ok then. Yoruba indigene people of Enugu. cool
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by maxist2020(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Igalas at the boarder also have Igbo names. Nowhere was part of any Igala kingdom as nowhere in Nsukka zone has any resemblance of Igala centralized mega state. Nsukka operate typical igbo decentralized Republican democracy. The igbo umunna system makes it impsible for incorporation into any mega state, that was why Arochukwu opted for a Confederacy instead of a hegemonic empire. If Enugu ezike has any Igala connection kindly tell us the overall king of Enugu Ezike, nothing like that, it operates typical igbo decentralized autonomous community system, same with the rest of Nsukka people. Igala names in Nsukka is not in doubt but that doesn't the person Igala because it's one in a million among his kinsmen all with Igbo names. You can come to a family of five and have Idoko, Ezeugwu, Chigbo, Ezema, Ogbonna. Does it mean that one person in a family is Igala while the rest are not? Be guided

If you are an Nsukka man then go home and ask the elders of your community the link between them and igala.
Try and be reading history so that you can learn, Onoja Oboni was a famous igala Attah that carried out conquest to expand igala kingdom, during this period around 1630 he conquered deep into the Igbo land extending the igala kingdom to a present day Ogurogu in Enugu State where he single handedly built wall around the town, it will interest you to know that Igwe ibagwa, Igwe OBUKPA, Igwe Ogurogu up till now still goes to Attach igala,s palace for Beading.
In Ogurogu up till date there is a traditional festival that is celebrated in honour of Onoja Oboni and this is because he died and was buried in Ogurogu and each year during the celebration a cow is slaughtered on his grave and women are not allowed to partake in it.
Note that Onoja Oboni was a very mystical fellow was said to have power to stop River Niger from flowing, secondly he had six toes on his leg and six finger on his hand, So I challenge you today to go home as an Igbo man and ask the elders of your town, or go to the palace of Igwe Ogurogu his royal Highness Emmanuel Egwuaba or the palace of Igwe ibagwa and ask him what is there link to Attah igala and why is it that after the normal coronation they still go to Attach igala palace in Idah to receive beads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
totit:

Ok then. Yoruba indigene people of Enugu. cool
Okay
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by richie240: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
And who told u d person u quoted (FreeStuffsNG) is from yoruba/southwest?

For your info he's from north central.
If u had bn following his posts on Nairaland, u would've known is proper nc pikin.

Ogene001:

I said that Ogalla is not a typical Igbo name, I also said that people from that axis borrow Igala names. I never said that the person in question is Igala. It's yorubas that said so. Many names from that axis have igala origin but that doesn't make the person Igala. We know the Igala communities there and the CNS is not from Igala community, borrowing names across boarder is normal and mutual. Try to understand my points
Look at ur blodas' here stoking d flame......except u want to pretend that he's yoruba too.
cool
vvvvvv

2 Likes

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by gidgiddy: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
enemybulldozer:

You know them wella.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
maxist2020:

If you are an Nsukka man then go home and ask the elders of your community the link between them and igala.
Try and be reading history so that you can learn, Onoja Oboni was a famous igala Attah that carried out conquest to expand igala kingdom, during this period around 1630 he conquered deep into the Igbo land extending the igala kingdom to a present day Ogurogu in Enugu State where he single handedly built wall around the town, it will interest you to know that Igwe ibagwa, Igwe OBUKPA, Igwe Ogurogu up till now still goes to Attach igala,s palace for Beading.
In Ogurogu up till date there is a traditional festival that is celebrated in honour of Onoja Oboni and this is because he died and was buried in Ogurogu and each year during the celebration a cow is slaughtered on his grave and women are not allowed to partake in it.
Note that Onoja Oboni was a very mystical fellow was said to have power to stop River Niger from flowing, secondly he had six toes on his leg and six finger on his hand, So I challenge you today to go home as an Igbo man and ask the elders of your town, or go to the palace of Igwe Ogurogu his royal Highness Emmanuel Egwuaba or the palace of Igwe ibagwa and ask him what is there link to Attah igala and why is it that after the normal coronation they still go to Attach igala palace in Idah to receive beads.
Onoja Oboni was a criminal bandit who came with rebels and advanced up to Opi before Arochukwu people mobilized from Nike and chased him out and fled till he hide at Ogurugu. Note that Ogurugu is not an igbo community but one of the Igala communities in Enugu state. Others are Igga, Odjor and Asaba (different from Delta State capital) This has nothing to do with mutual exchange of names. Be guided

1 Like

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
richie240:
And who told u d person u quoted (FreeStuffsNG) is from yoruba/southwest?

For your info he's from north central.
If u had bn following his posts on Nairaland, u would've known is proper nc pikin.

Look at ur blodas' here stoking d flame......except u want to pretend that he's yoruba too.
cool
vvvvvv
See the real provocative comment here. We can say that Igala are now majority in SW since yorubas bear the name Ogala

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by richie240: 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nwokem, I've just told u now that d person u quoted is from north central, most prolly igala if his previous posts before ystdy's appointment was made. So how north central con take align with yoruba I nor know.

And I've just shown u a sample of one out of the lots of ur blodas kicking against d appointment of AVM Ogala.

Why not focus on this instead of looking for ways of dragging ur self-appointed enemies into ur matter.
cool
Ogene001:

See the real provocative comment here. We can say that Igala are now majority in SW since yorubas bear the name Ogala

1 Like

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by LivingSage: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
It's a compound name in Oshogbo if I could recall
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by maxist2020(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:

Onoja Oboni was a criminal bandit who came with rebels and advanced up to Opi before Arochukwu people mobilized from Nike and chased him out and fled till he hide at Ogurugu. Note that Ogurugu is not an igbo community but one of the Igala communities in Enugu state. Others are Igga, Odjor and Asaba (different from Delta State capital) This has nothing to do with mutual exchange of names. Be guided

So we are still on the same page as a bandit that you claimed he was, are you aware that during that advance to OPI as you said he hand planted some of his people in the area conquered.
Secondly you said Ogurogu people are not Igbo that they are igala in Enugu State which is exactly my point, I am not saying that all Nsukka people are Igala's but there are those who's origin are igala and up till now they maintain their names.
I challenged you to go and asked the Igwe Ibagwa why he must go to Idah for Beading even after he has been beaded by the government.
That you here idoko, Aba, ogbaje, Ameh, idakwo, Onoja, Ogalla, Ossai among the come names in Enugu Ezike or Nsukka axis is not borrowed it is their root and if you go and ask them they won't hide it from you they will tell you that it is igala name because that is our root.
I was in OBUKPA last year and an elder ozo title holder was telling us that they went to Idah for the coronation of Attah igala as it is the tradition that all the people that traced their root to igala kingdom must be around during the coronation of ATTAH.

With what you said any day an Ogurogu person is given an appointment, he should be regarded as igala not Igbo since they are Igala's in Igbo land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by mdimefields: 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
maxist2020:

All these fake stories lifted from Ayangba page. Igbos have been existense for more than 2000 years, within the axis of Lejja down to the coast before Jukun migrants met Igbos and Yorubas at Idah then fused to form Igala. The Igala tribe is very recent. Igbos are ancient people. This is why the name is Igbo, ndi Ngbo ancient people or forest people. Be guided.
Stop using fake histories you lifted from Ayagba the fake historian to deceive people here.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by mdimefields: 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
I watched here in amazement, when a particular moniker, who I'm sure may not be Igbo, spread the "Lagos is no Man's Land" propaganda and it caught up on other forums, including Twitter. This was after the Peter Obi defeated P. Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos.
If you watch how that propaganda started and blew out of proportion, you will know it was deliberate, and done on purpose to stoke ethnic sentiment in order to defeat the Labor Party in the up coming gubernatorial election. It worked perfectly well, and it's also working to push Igbos out of Lagos. Anyway, all things work for good...
I'm not a party affiliate, but just a concerned citizen. Take note.
Ethnic politics blinds one from good governance, because everything is seen from the prism of ethnicity. You may call it calculative politics but you cannot divorce nepotism from underdevelopment and corruption in the long run.
Ethnic politics brought Europe down to her knees when Hitler and his gangs hijacked the German Furer and pushed for Aryan supremacy. As it is, if we are not careful, we are practically towing that part, where policies will be made to suppress an ethnic group, regardless the overall effect on the entire country. If I may ask, can't we just sit down like civil humans and define our boundaries plus sovereignty?

Now back to the main talk, the recent scenario playing out is the appointment of Service Chiefs. Ogala, who happened to be from Enugu Ezike, a proud Igbo clan is been mischievously assigned to Igala. And this very obnoxious act is first propagated by a popular moniker here, that is active both day and night. I will guess a party to the media team, whose sole target is the Igbo nation.
Enugu Ezike Oba has a rich history, including cultural mix heritage, but has maintained her rich Igbo culture from time immemorial. They were among the first Igbo clan to interact with northerners, Nupes, and Igalas, right before Europeans colonized this part of West Africa. So it is very plausible that culture exchanged hands. This will include both marriage and of course names plus other cultural practices.
Mind you, these interchange is both ways. Go deep into Kogi state, Akpanya community, and see Igbo speakers as mother tongue. We don't make noise about it.
Suddenly, this very moniker, with the bid to downplay on Igbo population ascribed this Igbo clan to Igala. It is annoying that his objective is effortlessly been achieved.
Why not focus on delivering on good governance so Nigerians, including the Igbos will give you round support, I mean hundred percent support? Why always wanting to stoke tribal sentiment, politically with the bid to disorganize your perceived enemy? Igbo is not a political party for God sake. We are an ethnics group and not a political party. APC propagandist take note.

And to those fools falling for this deliberate antics, and claiming Ogala is not Igbo enough, una da so ihenre?. How you easily fall into their trap is just mind blowing. Nobody is superior or inferior Igbo. Anyi bu otu. If you are Igbo and you ignorantly spew trash because you want to sound politically correct, either to smear the ruling party, I will call you an idiot. Nobody is more Igbo than the other.

In conclusion, ethnic politics will definitely drown Nigeria, if we don't separate ethnicity from national politics. But an impossible feat, since the Nigerian man is deeply entrenched in tribalism and nepotism. Let's see how things play out.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by SpatialKing(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
The fact is
There are indigenous Igbos outside the five south east states
and there are indigenous non-Igbos within the five south east states
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by mdimefields: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
SpatialKing:
The fact is
There are tiny presense of Igalas in Eteh LGA which they share with Igbos and Idomas.
Funny, the Idomas in that LGA are not as noisy as Igalas, hounded by Ayagbah, seeking their inclusion into
Kogi state. Forgetting that we have more than 4 communities in Kogi that speaks pure Igbo as mother tongue.
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by SpatialKing(m): 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
mdimefields:

There are tiny presense of Igalas in Eteh LGA which they share with Igbos and Idomas.
Funny, the Idomas in that LGA are not as noisy as Igalas, hounded by Ayagbah, seeking their inclusion into
Kogi state. Forgetting that we have more than 4 communities in Kogi that speaks pure Igbo as mother tongue.

Exactly, once you pass Obulo afu

1 Like

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
richie240:

He's a rabble-rouser; he's d one claiming ogalla is NOT igbo but igala name, and now he's pushing it on Yorubas.
cool

Wow, why are these people like this. He was the one that claimed the man is igala is not ibo now he is saying it’s yorubas that said that.

What kind of 2-faced mischievous and diabolical behaviour is this? Shey dem swear for this people ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
richie240:
Nwokem, I've just told u now that d person u quoted is from north central, most prolly igala if his previous posts before ystdy's appointment was made. So how north central con take align with yoruba I nor know.

And I've just shown u a sample of one out of the lots of ur blodas kicking against d appointment of AVM Ogala.

Why not focus on this instead of looking for ways of dragging ur self-appointed enemies into ur matter.
cool
Yes I agree, he is Igala. Can you now agree that Igala is majority in SW?

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by kmaster007: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nah Tiv
Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ajagunakin:

Wow, why are these people like this. He was the one that claimed the man is igala and not ibo now he is saying it’s yorubas that said that.

What kind of 2-faced mischievous and diabolical behaviour is this? Shey dem swear for this people ni?
Olodo empty head. I told you that people around that side borrow Igala names but that doesn't make them Igala people. And the name is the reason why people thought there was no igbo on the list. Simple understanding una no get

1 Like

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by paramakina202: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogene001:
While the new CNS name is Ogalla, the closest Ogala is Yoruba. Nothing connect Igala with that name

What is your point?

1 Like

Re: Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) by Ogene001: 11:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
SpatialKing:
The fact is
Yeah, but the CNS is from Igbo community irrespective of name. Igala communities in Enugu and Anambra are well known and no debates about it, but the CNS is not from there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll / Police Smashes Yoruba Syndicates In Aba / 2023: It's The Turn Of Southeast Based On Equity, Fair Play - Senator Umar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.