Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru (28864 Views)

Are Nairaland Tech Guru's Truly Wicked / I Need A Tech Guru To Help Recover My Facebook Account / For Those Willing To Be Data Analyst, Machine Learning Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Just small limitations
You carry sell am for ordinary 71k dolls

You don fuckkk up I swear

He for even contact me as a real niggar Make we work together..I'm always on my huzzling table keyboarding with my two systems...
That guy don looseguard

It was his choice to sell, why should he contact you? Invent your own shit if you are that smart. Contact fellow naigerians so they can ruin it for him. $71k is ordinary? How much do you have? No offence.

2 Likes

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by TheGift: 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
ijustdey:
Nigerian Entrepreneur Sells Off Students Networking App, GoCampus, To Indian Tech Guru

https://leadership.ng/nigerian-entrepreneur-sells-off-students-networking-app-gocampus-to-indian-tech-guru/

Congratulations to Him. I won't say $71k is too small because I am not in His shoes. I would say He could definitely have negotiated for much more, with those numbers; including a small perpetual stake in the business. Anyway congratulations.

Meanwhile, this reminds me of stories from a visitor to our house yesterday. She travels in and out of Nigerians regularly and She said what She has noticed, is when She is going there are mostly young people, some families and elderly Nigerians on the flight. But when she is coming . The plane is increasingly filled with Chinese & Indian People. We are Japaing, because they say no opportunities, but when they think of Nigeria, all they think of is opportunities.

In the Estate where I live, the Old Money people, or their kids who inherited them, are beginning to give up their houses for JVs, with some japaing and some moving elsewhere. Who is driving this demand? The Chinese & Indians. Tearing down duplexes with significant grounds, to build blocks of flats that are almost touching each other, yet dont have parking spaces. It's like we are selling our birthright for a morsel of porridge.

3 Likes

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by IbileIfe: 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
seborrhic:
The only thing I can type here is Uhm.
An application said to have 370,000 users sold for a mere $71k.
With 370k active users of students with claims of the reach even being global,you can attract advert revenue on a good day of up to ₦5m,so why sell for a mere ₦50m or so?
My view is that there is more to the story than this scanty report has written and some of the facts maynot be as they seem.
It is cock and bull story.
He is not honest.
With 370K users on a YouTube channel will even guarantee more than $100K revenue annually.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Ofadaman(m): 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
He tried it's not easy but the amount ,71k$ hey as e be
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Konjiboii: 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hope it wasn't an outright sell or else he will regret it, nothing in this life should be sold outrightly. Hope he was wise enough to have a stake.

3 Likes

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by MemoriesAndMe: 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
theophorus:
Congratulations Seun.

Time to move to the next big thing. But you could have negotiate holding a part rather than letting everything go but still on still Congratulations.

He's a developer and has the source code, he can build an alternative much easily with the funds and source codes in his possession. That's better than paying through his nose to host the app if he hasn't been able to successfully monetize it.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by BabaIbo: 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Just small limitations

He for even contact me as a real niggar Make we work together..I'm always on my huzzling table keyboarding with my two systems...
That guy don looseguard

How far OG, I just got a PC with graphics. I wan add new side gig join the one wey I dey run normally.

I want to go into app dev, I go like reason with you on any helpful info etc.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Mayflowa(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Impressive all the same!

Just imagine if his namesake had sold this Forum over 10 years ago! Would both Founder and Forum have succeeded independently??!

We will never know!!! tongue

I'm still wondering if Dorsey made the right call or decision to sell his brainchild and life's work to Elon Musk! lipsrsealed

Oh well... He that wears the shoes knows where they dig into the flesh!

Seun’s dad own one of the most successful private schools in Ota. His family has money to support his endeavors.

But I am surprised he sold a app with 370k users for that small amount! What happened to $250k at least
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by seborrhic: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
IbileIfe:

It is cock and bull story.
He is not honest.
With 370K users on a YouTube channel will even guarantee more than $100K revenue annually.
I didn't want to elaborate further to avoid it looking like I am a "bad belle",the whole thing sounds like the guy just doing pr or the newspaper or blog itself just ill informed in such matters.
Reminds me of one story here on nland where a guy with a two Kobo financial application that was a year old claimed he had been bought for several millions by a foreign firm.
Many people believed him actually even when simple facts of the impossibility and how poor the application was rated on Google Play were revealed.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Elxandre(m): 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Impressive all the same!

Just imagine if his namesake had sold this Forum over 10 years ago! Would both Founder and Forum have succeeded independently??!

We will never know!!! tongue

I'm still wondering if Dorsey made the right call or decision to sell his brainchild and life's work to Elon Musk! lipsrsealed

Oh well... He that wears the shoes knows where they dig into the flesh!
Twitter was barely making profits.
And it was a 44bn usd sale anyway.

1 Like

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Ppogbae: 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
71k? That same Indian Guru will sell that company in a few years to a VC in America for a bit over a million. This isn't anything to praise - he got ripped off.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Lobotomy02: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Sold off too soon.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Fujiyama: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
Konjiboii:
Hope it wasn't an outright sell or else he will regret it, nothing in this life should be sold outrightly. Hope he was wise enough to have a stake.

^^^
There are some things you can't negotiate a holding stake in. Its all or nothing.

1 Like

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by 49cents(m): 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Omoawoke:

Before I opened the thread, I was so sure it would be a Yoruba person.
Yorubas are one of the most successful people from the entire Africa.
Go outside the country, they are doing exceptionally well in tech and medical fields.. go to Texas, maryland, Canada, Scotland, Australia, New York etc

But they don’t make noise, unlike our noisy neighbors that beat chest any small thing. They will drum their chest like King Kong and scream of the little they have. It is true them sabi spare parts, import and exportation. That’s their calling doesn’t mean that’s the only calling in the world
Some people sabi farming and cattle, some na gold dey sabi sell.
Yorubas are so good in tech and medicine, entertainment, education and finance and are doing super well.
And it is on one of this forum owned by a Yoruba man some people will say Yorubas are lazy (jealousy wan kill them)

An example is this retarrdd below

You sound like a young person so I am worried. Tribalism is a bad thing do not fall fall it.

Every young person is largely not tribalistic unlike the brainwashed older generation with nothing to show.

Young people are doing well and collaborating fine

We are all humans first before tribes..one love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by eaglechild: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nice one and kudos to him.
I just think it is worth more than that.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by obaidan: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
He's a low baller...just 71k money that won't buy u a badass home
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Angelfrost(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Elxandre:

Twitter was barely making profits.
And it was a 44bn usd sale anyway.

Okay... Have their profit margin improved since the takeover?!!
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by GodWrites: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
ReturnMan:
Damn this bro don loosegard

I am telling you. Over 350k users and he sold it for peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Konjiboii: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
There are some things you can't negotiate a holding stake in. Its all or nothing.

Perhaps some things, but intellectual property shouldn't be one.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by GodWrites: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
olaztek:
Not easy to sustain a tech company in naija. Without sufficient fund, you are doomed.

Forget about fund, 350k users and he couldn't monetize it? How much is a dedicated server? A lifetime legacy and he sold it for peanuts. Maybe he thinks he will build something equally successful, but luck don't always show up. I wish him the best.

2 Likes

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Jayhome24: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
Just $70k and already in three countries? Oga who are your advisers or the India company don use India Rishi Kapour Raja ti ku hhunn hhuunn Juju on you or what?
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by mabea: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
That is 53 million naira. You can stay on Nairaland 24/7 lamenting how bad Nigeria is or take control of your life. Nothing stops you from replicating this small win but your small mind can't see it but can tell you to blame an uncle or rich sister who's not help your life. Of course, some ediotss who have never handled $5k will call the boy a fool.
Actually selling off at that meagre sum isn't the way to go. Well maybe the guy had a better idea.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by gudugudumeje: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
@OboOlora: You are a sadist and God will shame you for so wishing Seun and NL that bad. Nb.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Bobxin: 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
Are there no solutions to these limitations, like expanding the broadband? What do I know.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by RaptorX: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by RaptorX: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
The Indian man that bought the app will be thinking what a mugu. The homebody probably converted to Naira and got carried away.
Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by hothead(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Homeboy abeg let's work together.. I am building something abit better .. I need gingered tech guys to push with ...

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Just small limitations

That guy don looseguard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by ReturnMan: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
Masterito:
As you or Nigeria we sponsor him. He made the best decision for himself.

I'm not saying the decision is bad but he could have still been part of the company

1 Like

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Unaevince: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
Great,

Seun, you have made my day. This is the type of news we should be hearing in this country by now and not herdsmen kill so number of people. Or boko haram on rampage. Young people should engage their creative minds on stuffs positive like this. Not indulging on drugs, crimes and other vices.

With people like you and me, we move this country forward. God bless Nigeria. You can reach me on personal discussions on more tech innovations on Zero Eight Zero Eight Two Two Seven Nine Zero Nine Eight

God bless Nigeria

Emeka

1 Like

Re: Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru by Awise09(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
RaptorX:
Forget all these yarns, I believed that guy has a lot on his table he must have weighed his option well, he need that money to continues some project higher that will earn him big than that in future, and also that will add to his cv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project / Development Agencies The Best Magento Marketplace Multi Vendor Module - Magebay. / Nigeria Rated 3rd Best Programming Nation In Africa Behind Egypt Nd South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.