Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing (549 Views)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing by mayor1814: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
What consumes fuel more on the road? When you drive slowly or when you on high speed? It's kind of confusing. With this economy one is even confused.
Re: Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing by Itsrm(m): 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
mayor1814:
What consumes fuel more on the road? When you drive slowly or when you on high speed? It's kind of confusing. With this economy one is even confused.

Not too slow and not too fast. Somewhere in between

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing by fineboynl(m): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
None of them. The only problem eith speed is if you have to apply sudden brake after acceleration. It will be a wast of fuel.

That’s why when i an driving i try avoiding the brake once the car is on motion just allow it to go like that if you know the road is not clear ahaead dont speed. Drive the car like there is no brake in it.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing by mayor1814: 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
fineboynl:
None of them. The only problem eith speed is if you have to apply sudden brake after acceleration. It will be a wast of fuel.

That’s why when i an driving i try avoiding the brake once the car is on motion just allow it to go like that if you know the road is not clear ahaead dont speed. Drive the car like there is no brake in it.

Thanks for dis info.
Re: Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing by xristos(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2023
D more brake u press the more the fuel u quickly burn
Re: Fuel Consumption : Speeding Or Slowing by dicksonadams(m): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2023
xristos:
D more brake u press the more the fuel u quickly burn

exactly, fuel management is not really about speeding or not speeding, it is more about managing how you brake the car (brake pedal) , if people can learn to do this rather than focus on the throttle pedal, then they will save more fuel.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Micra Car Dealer In Lagos / Where Can I Get This In Lagos? / Assuming Bald Tires Will Last A Bit Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.