Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? (15475 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by ini4brandon(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
As an only child, I've lived under the same roof with my parents, though in separate flats for the past 7 years. No major issues. We stay, pray and play toghether lol.

It all depends on how you relate with your better half. My wife knows she became the Numero Uno in my life (after God that is wink) from the day we said our marriage vows. However, she also realizes my parents are very precious to me.

My parents' deep knowledge of the Holy Scriptures makes them easily accept the fact that my wife and I are actually "One". They respect thier boundaries even on issues like who should spank our kids.
The bonding with their grandkids keep thier spark alive. I verbally remind them how much I love them.

I've always told my wife we have the option to move out whenever she so desires. The way it is currently, I doubt she ever will.

Sadly, my dear mum succumbed to cancer barely three days ago. Wifey was πŸ’―% supportive untill the night before mum died, Toghether we tucked her into bed that night. Toghether, we cried when she breathed her last the next morning.
Mum slept....7:30am. on 19th June. It was our wedding anniversary date!! Mixed feelings you'd say?
Hmmm...We all miss her so dearly.

In summary, it really boils down to the kind of lady you marry and well, the kind of parents you have. The key phrase is ; mutual respect for boundaries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone
I want to know if it's right for a man to live with his parents after getting married

if he was living with his parents while you dated, lived with his parents as he asked you to marry him AND lived with his parents as you guys got married.... where did you think he was gonna live (if not at his parents home)?
so all the time between the day he proposed and the day of the wedding, you guys didnt discuss that issue?

oh well, unless you have a better option, his parents house is your marital home for the time being.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by IntelligentGoat: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
grin
Desperate people here who are using free opera mini with free airtel data are boosting when they cant pay rent and has been running from landlord everyday grin

If people wey dey squat with family members and freinds go still dey make mouth here.

How much is 3 bedroom in your area?
MrBroke:
Yes. If his father is a billionaire
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Bigseven(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
If you are a man, responsible one I mean you should leave your parents so can build your desired home with your spouse without parental interferences. Your woman will respect you
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by IntelligentGoat: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2023

How fat
Big dogs dont bark
Empty drum
kernniejay:

Says somebody who feels offended because he is guilty.
Well, if you dont mind, I can employ you to be washing my toilet with fat salary.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by IntelligentGoat: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
kiss
More wisdom bro
cool
ini4brandon:
As an only child, I've lived under the same roof with my parents, though in separate flats for the past 7 years. No major issues. We stay, pray and play toghether lol.

It all depends on how you relate with your better half. My wife knows she became the Numero Uno in my life (after God that is wink) from the day we said our marriage vows. However, she also realizes my parents are very precious to me.

My parents' deep knowledge of the Holy Scriptures makes them easily accept the fact that my wife and I are actually "One". They respect thier boundaries even on issues like who should spank our kids.
The bonding with their grandkids keep thier spark alive. I verbally remind them how much I love them.

I've always told my wife we have the option to move out whenever she so desires. The way it is currently, I doubt she ever will.

Sadly, my dear mum succumbed to cancer barely three days ago. Wifey was πŸ’―% supportive untill the night before mum died, Toghether we tucked her into bed that night. Toghether, we cried when she breathed her last the next morning.
Mum slept....7:30am. on 19th June. It was our wedding anniversary date!! Mixed feelings you'd say?

In summary, it really boils down to the kind of lady you marry and well, the kind of parents you have. The key phrase is ; mutual respect for boundaries.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Exceed15: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
There's no honour in it.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by kernniejay(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
IntelligentGoat:

How fat
Big dogs dont bark
Empty drum
Goat will always be a stupid animal no matter how intelligent it may think it is. I can't argue with a goat. Over and out.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by obotematics: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
If it is a house owned by parents and you are given a flat,
See nothing wrong with that!
Only that the evil prophets will sneak in and alter the woman's genotype 😁😁😁😁
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by IntelligentGoat: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
Brokeass!!!
Intelligent G.O.A.T
Kiss my ass Empty Drum, I keep banging you hard so your empty drum plays so loud and keep reminding you are broke you are tongue

How fat is your salary?

How many litters of fuel do you have in your car?

kernniejay:

Goat will always be a stupid animal no matter how intelligent it may think it is. I can't argue with a goat. Over and out.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Desusi: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
Omoawoke:

Una get bad mouth for this nairaland grin
Na waa oo.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by zedegit: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone
I want to know if it's right for a man to live with his parents after getting married

Fear see finish small.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
No, na Indians dey do that with enough troubles.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Slynation(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
The only thing I will say is that there is no manual on how to live your life. Having said that...!!! It all depends on the circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Desusi: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
judedwriter:
A married man living with with his parents is still and resembles a child.

No matter how old you are, you still remain a child to your parents especially when you are still cohabitating with them.
Before nko?
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by blesdman(m): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2023
allthingsgood:

which village do u come from pls i want to check something undecided
Go to villages or where indigenes live, u will observe it
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Slydan204: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
As for me, it's a no no. Different stroke for different folks sha
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by zedegit: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2023
jmoore:
He should pack into his wife's house.
The bible said 'for this reason, a man will leave his parents and join his wife'.
Let the wife get a house first before he can leave.

Wife wey get job abi wetin?

How many Nigerian girls can afford to rent flat by themselves abi you want to share her with benefactor?
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by sync(f): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone
Does it sound right to you
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by MrBroke(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
IntelligentGoat:
grin
Desperate people here who are using free opera mini with free airtel data are boosting when they cant pay rent and has been running from landlord everyday grin

If people wey dey squat with family members and freinds go still dey make mouth here.

How much is 3 bedroom in your area?

Calm down. I ain't trying to make no one feel bad.
Remember I'm MrBroke grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Olarewaju89: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
jmoore:
The bible said 'for this reason, a man will leave his parents and join his wife'.

You no well oo grin cheesy
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Chetas81(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
jmoore:
you bring the British colony Bible into this matter hhhhmmm nawa 😜
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Iamolukorede(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
In Nigeria marriage is seen as the best achievement one can have.

Poverty everywhere

Thanks, bro.

Marriage and building a house. I sometimes smile with such a strange mindset and trust me they don't reason beyond this once you can do those and have a car they have arrived lol.

I thought I am the only fellow thinking in that direction.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Sweetvie: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
Mindlog:

Privacy in a family house, where parents in-law, brothers in-law, sisters in-law and possibly other relatives are so visible?πŸ™„
I tire o grin
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by isabi2lof: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
Different flats same building , it's still okay but same flat and everything, see finishing will enter especially from his siblings.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Omoawoke: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
ini4brandon:

May her sweet soul rest in peace. I wish you all the happiness you deserve

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by sprints1: 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
Na Nigeria dey behave like amateurs in regions of Spain and south America people still live in their parents house and use the money dey earn to finance other business what is the point leaving my father' mansion to another place to live what will happen to his house Spirogyra and mold will be living there. Well because in Nigeria people no like the idea because of in law wahala.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by intruder15(m): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone

There is nothing like right or wrong in marriage. It's about what works for both of you irrespective of what people think.
The irony of life is that the poor stay far away from home when married while the rich can stay with their parents after marriage.

Why won't they when the poor man's house is likely a 2 bedroom apartment while the reach man's house may be a mansion.

What matters is the comfort. Are you comfortable there? Or are you two treated like strangers ?

That will determine what is right or not okay.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone

Morning Kee. Na Australia you dey?

Anyway, I think the man should rather be given all the necessary support possible to get on his feet.

How much is a self con. by the way? It doesn't cost that much.

Rally round that man, give him whatever he needs to get on his feet.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by dododawa1: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
Before ko
Watch KOREAN DRAMA
Not NIGERIA drama
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by phemmyfour: 8:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone
If he's not buoyant enough to put roof over his wife, why not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Child Versus Female Child,which Is Difficult To Raise? / My Police Husband Locked Me In Cell For Six Days; Woman / Ways To Deal With Super Talkative Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.