Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? (15525 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by YoungLachero: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
No oh he now take his father's bedroom 🛏.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Simpubozz(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
No please undecided
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by labelle123(f): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
Do what suits you
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by mrksquare: 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
omolola100:
Good morning everyone
I want to know if it's right for a man to live with his parents after getting married

So me that my dad has a twin storey building and gave me two bedroom with three toilets, in the same compound, I should go and start renting house, because I want to prove that I am a man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by jimb(m): 2:05am On Jun 23, 2023
don't listen oo
anywhere you fit manage better stay thrre

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by AnonymousMike(m): 2:41am On Jun 23, 2023
When no be say you be Indian.......even animals sef dey Pursue their young ones comot when time don reach......
Very inappropriate to do so........how do you think you or your parents would feel when you have visitors coming to the house and to see the whole situation of the family like that.......dem go too use Una matter start conversation.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by AnonymousMike(m): 2:48am On Jun 23, 2023
mrksquare:

So me that my dad has a twin storey building and gave me two bedroom with three toilets, in the same compound, I should go and start renting house, because I want to prove that I am a man?

Bro your case Dey different.....shey you no Dey understand question at all.....You are technically not living with your parents.....shey for example gateman wey Dey gate for the same compound with oga no go talk say him dey live with oga for house.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by ETIIKO: 5:09am On Jun 23, 2023
Please it's not good for a man to live with his parents after marriage. Because he and the wife cannot plan neither take decision by themselves, without his parents intruding in their matter.
Please even though it a room he can rent and start life from there. When i got married and live in my own house in my dad compound the disrespect and insult i received both from my parents and siblings it was terrible, not to talk of people coming to visit me they will be snooping to check who the person is. I later park and live in a distance not far away from where my parents live; just 50 naira from where i live to my parents place. For one year i don't call any of them either my siblings. After one year I call them to know how they are doing they way they all talk to me in a very respectful and honor way even both my parents and siblings calling me sir. After two years i went physically to visit them it was as if president have arrived. I told my wife any time any of my siblings come to our house make sure they eat before leaving.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Teymanhenry(f): 7:53am On Jun 23, 2023
Candidlady:

Coming from someone who just did his chores so mum could make him breakfast 🍳

All this wannabe men on this forum sef undecided

In some tribes it is totally normal while in some it ain't...

Although Iam not in support of it...

Every family is different. Every individual is different. C. Ronaldo still lives with his mum. What do you have to say about that?

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Teymanhenry(f): 7:55am On Jun 23, 2023
mrksquare:

Allow dem nao. That was how my very good friend left his fathers house where he had a two bedroom flat all to himself, resigned from his work place and travelled to Jos to find a new job all because of stupid advice from one pastor. Now pride wouldn't allow him to come back

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by IntelligentGoat: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2023
Same pastor is advicing another to leave inherited property to rent a house far away when both parents are late.
Teymanhenry:

Allow dem nao. That was how my very good friend left his fathers house where he had a two bedroom flat all to himself, resigned from his work place and travelled to Jos to find a new job all because of stupid advice from one pastor. Now pride wouldn't allow him to come back
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by okine4real: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2023
When I got married, I stayed in my family house, wahala plenty sha ohh, but we survived, my mama and my wife drama today drama tomorrow, one dey I come back from work, and I go pick my wife for like two streets to my street, my wife dey cry, I calm her down, we where not up to two years in our marriage then, serious dramas ohh. As time dey go, them my family members come dey leave the house on after the other. But when we got married, I had money to rent 5units of three bedroom flat self, but I just wanted to stay in the family house, the reason I wanted to stay in a family house was to care for my extended family while I care for my wife, I know want make only my wife dey chop the money, but I know see am say, my extended family get wahala plenty.

Today myself my wife and 4 kids stay in the house now. We where able to achieve alot because the house was fucking cheap, Also I decided to stay in the house because the rent was cheap, as at that time the rent was 122k per year for a two bedroom flat, I was of the opinion that while should I be paying high rent, when I still have a cheap house, later the house was moved to 144k and later 250k, now am paying less than 450k for a two bedroom flat, a very big house ohh, my room is 11 by 14 feet, my parlor is 14 by 22 feet, everywhere big, so I come look say while I go leave this kind house come go rent more expensive house, also I was just getting married, small money dey then ohh, but the future was pregnant, I don't know what the future would look like, what if I rent an expensive house and tomorrow business come get K leg, how I go take dey pay rent and take care of my family? So today myself and my humble wife get at least 35 tenants for Lagos, yes you heard me, 35 tenants and counting by Gods grace, we are still living in the same two bedroom, wey I grow up, I have leave in this house for like 33 years now, I know sick, my wife nor sick God dey bless us.

You can stay in your father's house, but remember while you are there, stay focus and achieve your dream.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Afolue(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2023
Nothing wrong in it. There’s no law binding whatsoever
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Estherqueen50(f): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
A lot of people don’t see it as a big deal because it has worked for them. But remember, that not every thing works for everyone. So instead of starting your married life that way, I advise you just leave and stay away from your parents.
Re: Should A Man Live In His Parents House After Getting Married? by Ksu1234: 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2023
Every young family should live separately from their parents, that is, be independent and independent. This is the key to the success of married life. If parents have the opportunity, of course they can help. But the husband must ensure that the family has a separate home. There are many options - renting housing or taking a loan. If there is a desire, there will be a way out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife / I See No Good Reason To Marry / Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.