Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome (37688 Views)

Sheikh Gumi: Peter Obi Agrees With Me On The Need To Protect Our Country / Power Will Go To South If Peter Obi Agrees To Accepts Kwankwaso's Offer - NNPP / Peter Obi Agrees To Deputize Kwankwaso? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Yemmysworld91: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Obi my niggar

Anyday anytime twice on Thursday
1)All educated youth in Nigeria are aware...
Name two states or region with educated, Liberal, intelligent, enlightened and exposed people
Definitely it will be lagos and Abuja right!
And obi won those states
2) the three major contestants were from the three major region...atiku(hausa), tinubu( yoruba), obi(igbo)
So the South South were in a better position to choose because no one among the contestants were their brother....and guess what the South South chose obi
3) osun state is the home of tinubu and yet tinubu lose am because osun state is some how seen as the most educated place in South west...which means tinubu is not even supposed to be among the contestants..not to talk of becoming the president
So if you are a Nigerian youth and you can't figure out this simple truth then your education is a total waste and you need to collect your school fees from any tertiary institution you finished from

Hilarious grin
Who told you osun is the most educated in the south west?
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by InvertedHammer: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2023
/
True in a way.

Take myself for example. I have many ideas...but I ain't coming back to help you motherf#$_kers.

/
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by optionalY09: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2023
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Angelfrost(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2023
Judolisco:
I'm not arguing with u and I didn't force u to quote me... He said we should allow mass migration of our best brains to be utilized in d development of other nations.... And u keep mentioning leadership as if our leaders r not Nigerians... If our best brains do not stay how can d country be developed.... Don't jst swallow anything obi says hook, line and sinker....

How will your best brains stay under these conditions?!! Can you stop them from leaving with mere promises?!!

In the first place, the best brains can only leave because they have the resources to...! Since you can't stop them, what else do you do if not work towards creating the environment that will bring them back!

I'm not a fan of any Politician including Peter Obi, but when someone is making sense, put aside your personal dislike for him and listen!

Bye!!! This argument is done!
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Slynation(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2023
Judolisco:
D only good thing is dat d people abroad send back money.... D money can help drive our economy....

We are not using our resources both human and natural resources to develop our nation.... D literal meaning of Japa is to go and never come back..... Back then we go abroad study and come back to develop our nation... D country was still good then... But now it's d other way around

People have no intention of returning in 20 yrs time from now you'll start seeing a lot of Nigerian names especially in d UK..

So Mr Peter obi is very wrong on dis.. He is only supporting it because his wards are direct beneficiaries

Our best brains our leaving to contribute to the development of other nations and u say we should keep cheering them up
I guess you are the one who doesn't understand...Read and digest his statement again, slowly this time around...!!
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by ifeco4(m): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2023
Sunofgod:
Forgive me Sir....but you are wrong. People have no intention of returning. Foreign countries benefit from the taxes these people pay and use the money to better their society.....only recently Ghana realised they no longer had enough nurses for their own population because of Japa syndrome.

Also anything Bill Gates says is good.....know that it's bad for Africans.

Mr Man he is talking about professionals and not people cleaning the oyibo ass to survive.

He stated it clearly that their return will be a product of good government in Nigeria, when that happens believe me, many of them will definitely come back home.

So many Africans are cleaning old Oyibo people's Ynash and paying them tax for the privilege.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by LogicnReason: 10:47am On Jun 22, 2023
You are forgiven oga, but you are wrong not Obi. There is what we call lived experience in psychology it means when you have lived in a particular situation and see things from an insiders perspective. Ask every Nigerian professional abroad (I am one of them). If Naija becomes good today mark my words we will all return home. Because we don't enjoy our cultural life as you guys in naija do. We work so hard and on weekends we don't have the privilege to enjoy a local naija bar or club. We cannot gallivant on our day off as you guys do. You may not have money back home but with all our money we miss the cultural experience we had as kids. Our best friends in childhood are in different parts of the world and it's hard to meet n greet. You don't trade that for anything. You can describe it after Maslow's hierarchy of needs because we have achieved the basic things of life now we want self actualization which are the things described above.

So next time don't think you know it all. The man you are talking to Obi has lived partially in the UK many years ago and know exactly what he is talking about. Cheers to you
Sunofgod:
Forgive me Sir....but you are wrong. People have no intention of returning. Foreign countries benefit from the taxes these people pay and use the money to better their society.....only recently Ghana realised they no longer had enough nurses for their own population because of Japa syndrome.

So many Africans are cleaning old Oyibo people's Ynash and paying them tax for the privilege.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by maticar: 10:56am On Jun 22, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
This Guy called Obi too like attache grin grin grin

We don't need you to agree
we?

you are inconsequential dolt, obi is doing fine as a billionaire

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by chaiks: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2023
What is your point. Always looking at any slight opportunity to vent your hate spleen. I support tinubu's policies so far even though I wished Peter obi won the election due to the fact that Igbos have not produced a president and the fact that obi to me is good in financial accountability. But this attitude of Nigerians to exploit emotions at any possible chance is becoming endemic. It has beclouded them of any sense of reasoning and conscience. Once you hate somebody, you open your mouth to talk anyhow. Look at what is happening in Kano and Alana, these are purely due to emotions and bitter politics.
helinues:
The nuclear reactor

Why not talk about the local Japa within Nigeria that make some people not to stay put in their region .

Even Obi himself na local Japarian

Modified - The culprits should stop the unnecessary attacking all in the name of mentioning.

Sebi go back home is now a suicidal statement.

Eish
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by eleniyan2020: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2023
Igwe9:

Is any Anambra person begging you for money?
no ooo, everyone from Anambra went back home since obi rule as a governor!
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by chaiks: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2023
Jakpa syndrome is good and bad in some aspects. But if you look at it, what sort of development do we have since ages to make our youths at tune with modern tech knowledge? It's not by saying let our people not travel or brain drain of a thing, the brains with us for decades, how have we been harnessing them?
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Segzy19: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2023
Person wey japa from Anambra to Lagos sef dey talk.... Oshisko!
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by slowice(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2023
Man's consistent. A great leader
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by NaBanga: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2023
It can never work because Nigerians only behave when they are in another man's country. Once they return to their own, they return to their old ways of looking for people to humiliate and suppress. Nigerians don't want equality for each other. They get pleasure out of seeing suffering.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by THeUNIFIER: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

I guess na the hospital wey Obi built for Anambra him dey patronize

In my previous post, I connotatively "denoted/assumed" that PO "failed" when he held sway in the affairs of the state since he now resides in Lagos and not in the state he governed. Therefore, Tinubu who's astronomically better should not be found in the same net. After all he developed Lagos and made it the number one city in Africa, didn't he? Why then are there no world class hospitals suitable for his needs?

Additionally, I would like to address this skewed notion of PO's reign as governor of Anambra State. Governance in every sense of the word entails PRIORITIZING the needs of the people. We all want growth but fail to realize it comes in diverse forms to which me must choose which is the most important.

Prior to his emergence as governor of the state, Anambra was the haven of poverty, illiteracy, larceny and theft. There were kidnappers at every turn, no good roads and worse of it all, the state was heavily indebted.

When PO became governor, his objectives were clear. He invested heavily in education, security and economic policies to pull the state out of debt. The only governor to ever do so! All these he achieved without the intervention of the FG!

You may argue that he should have done more and sadly I can't change your mind about that but I feel he laid the framework for more.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Maysdevices(f): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:
The nuclear reactor

Why not talk about the local Japa within Nigeria that make some people not to stay put in their region .

Modified - The culprits should stop the unnecessary attacking all in the name of mentioning.

Eish
They’ll start with deporting all Yoruba back to their country. I am safely in Asaba, all Yoruba should return to their country and live in their various states.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Benrosaria(m): 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
richmond500:
As far as I know, Japa syndrome is bad for this country, we have to create the atmosphere that they see abroad.
Expertise leaving the country to be a brain in other countries technology while we are left with quack doctors and engineer is bad for us

peter obi is the dumbest thing to say "japa syndrome" is good. who ever said peter obi was a better option?? peter obi needs to be stoned to death for agreeing to a slave trader bill gate.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by 12inchess: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
And this is the person some people wanted to be President. Ewww. Japa is so good for us that we subsidize tertiary education and then have all the top graduates now working in other countries to improve their economy. Ofcourse what do you expect Bill Gates to say when his companies and the economy of his country benefits from Japa.

If Japa is so good, how come it's not prevalent abroad i.e. Europeans or Americans migrating to Nigeria en mass.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Okpeke22: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sunofgod:

Did you see where he said that when we start doing the right thing and taking the governance of our country serious? What do you think he means? Why do you think people are leaving Nigeria? Is it not because te govt is doing the right thing? Put good governance in place and people would be reluctant to leave and many who have left will come.back.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by gaskiyamagana: 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Obi my niggar

Name two states or region with educated, Liberal, intelligent, enlightened and exposed people
And obi won those states
2) the three major contestants were from the three major region...atiku(hausa), tinubu( yoruba), obi(igbo)
So the South South were in a better position to choose because no one among the contestants were their brother....and guess what the South South chose obi
3) osun state is the home of tinubu and yet tinubu lose am because osun state is some how seen as the most educated place in South west...which means tinubu is not even supposed to be among the contestants..not to talk of becoming the president
So if you are a Nigerian youth and you can't figure out this simple truth then your education is a total waste and you need to collect your school fees from any tertiary institution you finished from

Editorial
Stolen Mandate Magazine
No-man's-land Street
Lamentation Estate
Lagos.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Diligent1(f): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Obi my niggar

And obi won those states

I will just tell you that this Obi you are hyping, prefer to live in Lagos where Tinubu governed than Anambra where Obi governed.
People are still migrating from Anambra every second to Lagos, why is it so?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by CodeTemplar: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2023
My submissions here in past perfectly aligns with Bill Gates'.
Let them go out and earn better while living better and fulfilling their potentials more.
Instead of restricting them, build more lecture rooms in institutions and increase their numbers to help the system groom an army of forex earners and value adders.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by zomby(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1671763477164072961?t=jxuNPa0phhCFXCbSHE3OoA&s=08

Does peter Obi have his own mind?

Answer: No.

I have never in my life accounted a dude with a fat round empty head like the one Peter Obi possesses. Many Nigerians continue to wake up in the morning to thank Jehovah for not giving Peter Obi the opportunity to screw up our be loved country. He simply doesn't have the capability to manage a very complicated country like Nigeria. Everybody can drive a car, but not all drivers are sane.
May God make Peter Obi and his senseless supporters to continue to look for their missing manhood till the end of time.

We, Nigerians roll with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu...The first sensible technocrat president to ever lead Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Mrfixiit: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:
The nuclear reactor

Eish
I see you becoming perpetually Stu**d
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by blaqtom(m): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:
The nuclear reactor

Eish

Uncle let fg also build apapa like port in the east and the south then watch as the population in Lagos reduce drastically…..Nigeria center of commerce is Lagos state even Yorubas from Ogun ondo even Osun Dey japa to Lagos abi most of your governors are they from Lagos even you might be from Ekiti
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Timetravel88: 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sunofgod:

Obi sounds naive and completely oblivious of the true outcome of the situation. Those who left Nigeria might never return, even if they do it will be in their twilight years when they are least productive or have become dependent.
Western societies are designed to keep you locked into the system with no escape route. All you do is work as years turns into decades, by then your kids are grown with a cultural shift in ideology and who they really are. They too will not see Nigeria as their home because Nigeria will be 10 times worse off should it continue to exist.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by ginggerxy: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sunofgod:

Sorry sir you can't know more than bill gate and obi at the same time. I want to ask you a very simple question from which I can deduce the true intent of your message. If the west didn't come to Nigeria, what was the possibility of creating the little civilisation we have today ? Would you compare the impact of Western education gain in the west to those gained in Africa? I get your point of working and paying tax to the immediate to the western countries. Were those doing the menial jobs live a better life in their country before going to foreign lands to work?
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by UNDFTD: 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1671763477164072961?t=jxuNPa0phhCFXCbSHE3OoA&s=08

Nigeria will grow and develop on all fronts when we build the New Nigeria that prioritises investment in education, health, and support for small businesses, guarantees respect for the rule of law, security of lives and properties, and unity of the nation.

The thought of building a New Nigeria is nothing but a pipe dream. Nigeria can NEVER rise to its potential because the foundational infrastructure to do so is nonexistent. Not only is the country practicing a kakistocracy form of government but it's also marred by nepotism. So, Peter Obi should STOP living in la la land with his New Nigeria nonsense.
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by Asswipemod: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Obi my niggar

And obi won those states

Eeyah! Pẹlẹ. The pain is severe. Rivers State delivered for Tinubu. That's part of SS state. Bayless voted for PDP. So speak for Edo State only. Kapische?
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by musicwriter(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2023
Peter Obi is very flawed on his argument. And it's unfortunate it's coming from someone aspiring to rule a black nation.

Except, India, the other countries he mentioned, like Ireland, Italy, China don't go to study and live overseas like most of us in third world countries. Rather, they go overseas to acquire specific knowledge that they need. It's metered and they know exactly how many students should leave per year and DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU'RE STUDYING. You don't just travel to America or UK to study.

Instead, in countries like China, there is a specific knowledge that you're expected to go and bring back home. Because in their culture, there's a vibrant body of knowledge already at home that competes and even best what Western education has to offer.

So, they pick and choose what they want from the West, unlike third world countries that go to the West and take everything hook, line, sinker. That's the difference.

Irish and Italians may have done that back in the days when their economies were hurting but not anymore.

You don't give up your best brains to foreigners, no matter what.

Some years ago, the Russian president, Vladimir Putin sent officials to Canada to appeal to Vitalik Buterin (the Russian boy who founded Ethereum) to return to Russia and promised him that Russia is ready to do anything he want. Because you can't afford your best brains to be overseas. It's wrong.

Finally, Bill Gates isn't in Nigeria to help develop the Nigerian economy, rather he's here to maintain the narrative of dependency for the benefit of his culture.

Were you all expecting Gates to say that it's wrong for our best brains to live in the West? He has to protect the interest of Euro-Americans.

Come on black people!!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by frog12: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
IDIOTS. not good talk
Re: Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome by frog12: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
i agree

musicwriter:
Peter Obi is very flawed on his argument. And it's unfortunate it's coming from someone aspiring to rule a black nation.

Except, India, the other countries he mentioned, like Ireland, Italy, China don't go to study and live overseas like most of us in third world countries. Rather, they go overseas to acquire specific knowledge that they need. It's metered and they know exactly how many students should leave per year and DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU'RE STUDYING. You don't just travel to America or UK to study.

Instead, in countries like China, there is a specific knowledge that you're expected to go and bring back home. Because in their culture, there's a vibrant body of knowledge already at home that competes and even best what Western education has to offer.

So, they pick and choose what they want from the West, unlike third world countries that go to the West and take everything hook, line, sinker. That's the difference.

Irish and Italians may have done that back in the days when their economies were hurting but not anymore.

You don't give up your best brains to foreigners, no matter what.

Some years ago, the Russian president, Vladimir Putin sent officials to Canada to appeal to Vitalik Buterin (the Russian boy who founded Ethereum) to return to Russia and promised him that Russia is ready to do anything he want. Because you can't afford your best brains to be overseas. It's wrong.

Finally, Bill Gates isn't in Nigeria to help develop the Nigerian economy, rather he's here to maintain the narrative of dependency for the benefit of his culture.

Were you all expecting Gates to say that it's wrong for our best brains to live in the West? He has to protect the interest of Euro-Americans.

Come on black people!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Keyamo’s Comment On Atiku / Shehu Sani Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Judgement / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Labour Party’s N25M Governorship Forms For Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.