Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries (30874 Views)

Bank Employees Got Pay Increase After Subsidy Removal – KPMG / Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by DunsinPeters: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
You think every microfinance company or lender is LAPO abi?
OluseyiforJesus and you're lying anyhow.
Dey play.
oluseyiforjesus:
LAPO has made many to commit suicide
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by chuksanambra: 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

From time immemorial, companies have been laying off staff. be it developed or developing countries.

Even you, when you become the owner of your own company, you would have to lay off workers from time to time.

But their salaries won't be stagnant for 8 years while the company grows.

This image laundering won't fly.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by chuksanambra: 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
DunsinPeters:
Dey play.

Go and tell those who sent you on this errand that they have failed.

Imagine a bank laying faceless hacks to push a mumu narrative.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by DunsinPeters: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
You think every mirofinance company or lender is LAPO abi?
oluseyiforjesus and you're lying anyhow.
Dey play.
oluseyiforjesus:
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by chuksanambra: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
TinubuDcrook:

You still don't understand the power of owambe

Borrow dance , buy ashebi and then commit suicide when it's time to pay

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by nairalanda1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
chuksanambra:

But their salaries won't be stagnant for 8 years while the company grows.

This image laundering won't fly.

LOL, I'm not image laundering anyone. By all means, if a company is not paying improved salaries, that is bad.

But at the same time, things are not as black and white as you think.

Anyway, when you own your own company, you go see how e go be.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by chuksanambra: 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

LOL, I'm not image laundering anyone. By all means, if a company is not paying improved salaries, that is bad.

But at the same time, things are not as black and white as you think.

Anyway, when you own your own company, you go see how e go be.

I currently own different businesses and I have a very low staff turnover.
The secret is 1 thing: profit-sharing.

I don't only reward results, I reward efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Kobicove(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
Absuchat:
shocked
Laid off over 20% of his staff and we heard nothing about it... Na this one we come dey hear... Abeg make they shift joor

Most companies do house cleaning from time to time therefore it's not a crime to lay off staff who are not performing undecided

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by chi4ik4(m): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
I have increased my Staff's salaries for about 15% to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Dreal1247: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
DunsinPeters:
Dey play.

I once saw an old man crying like a baby because of the LAPO threats. Some person's prefer to commit suicide instead of being victimized or humiliated by LAPO hired debt recovery security agents. They force some defaulting customers to sleep in their own guard rooms. Just pray that you never default in the weekly repayments.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by nairalanda1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
chuksanambra:

I currently own different businesses and I have a very low staff turnover.
The secret is 1 thing: profit-sharing.

I don't only reward results, I reward efforts.

Well, have you considered that LAPO is a lender, and as a result has issues with a lot of its customer's defaulting? Which impacts its potential earnings?

Different businesses (unless you are a lender).

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by charlizonto: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
A pure case of robbing Peter to pay Paul
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by blowjohn(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
Godisablealltim:
a sane organization.

I bet u don't know them
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by SolarEdge: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2023
how much was the original salary? i want to check something..oloriburuku lapo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by grandstar(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2023
chuksanambra:
25% salary increase after laying off 20% of staff.

25% increase after staff salaries have been stagnant for 8 years

Do you work there?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by SirLakes: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
But politicians got 114% grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by izzyjoe(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
Dreal1247:

I once saw an old man crying like a baby because of the LAPO threats. Some person's prefer to commit suicide instead of being victimized or humiliated by LAPO hired debt recovery security agents. They force some defaulting customers to sleep in their own guard rooms. Just pray that you never default in the weekly repayments.
Do your finding properly before speaking. There are currently hundreds of different MFBs. LAPO MFB does not engage in such practices u can go and verify.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
borrowing isn't my hubby
blowjohn:

I bet u don't know them
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by THURAFTERNOON: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Treasure17:
Zenith will not see this one o. But good at repainting and network failure.

Zenith bank staff spotted 😀🥲
God bless Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Exceed15: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Absuchat:
shocked
Laid off over 20% of his staff and we heard nothing about it... Na this one we come dey hear... Abeg make they shift joor

Really.. so people lost Job yo achieve this. Do what's the good news here?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Lectuwaire(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
Lapo, the most useless MFB I know. I once visited one of their branch in Zaria (kwangila flyover). Their staff don't value or respect customers. They treated customers like beggar. One guy like that called Julius was behaving like Bill gate.
Zaria branch was like danger zone to borrowers.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by richidinho(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
chuksanambra:
25% salary increase after laying off 20% of staff.

25% increase after staff salaries have been stagnant for 8 years

Blame the govt you voted in

Stop blaming individual organization
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Dreal1247: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
izzyjoe:

Do your finding properly before speaking. There are currently hundreds of different MFBs. LAPO MFB does not engage in such practices u can go and verify.

Please, don't type this again. If you are paid to promote the bank, it's not bad, but debunking verifiable facts can only push more people to speak out. The truth be told, debt recovery is not a job of the faint hearted.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by gentleguy1975: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2023
Giddiebabalaw:
No be bank wey my neighbor dey refer as " Komu le lantern" be this? 😁
na wetin dey my mind be that oo,otilo gbowo lapo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by SamOchuko: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
Mainblockent:

https://akelicious.net/2023/06/22/lapo-microfinance-bank-increases-staff-salaries/

Is it not the same LAPO whose staff reports say are rejecting the raise as too little? When last did you guys give salary raise to your staff?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Menclothing: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:

Why borrow money you can’t pay back ?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by tojahh(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2023
izzyjoe:

Use two hand cover your mouth
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Pootle: 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
there staff always looking like school teachers
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by justdream(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
Too poor. What will a 12.5% increment do for a senior level staff.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Lapo MFB Increases Staff Salaries by Ujaduojo: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
That is a good move. Let all the private organisation follow suit. Kudos to them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Audrey Esi Swatson, Ghana’s Youngest Female Pilot (Photos) / Lady Becomes A Lawyer Years After She Dressed As One For Her School's Career Day / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.