Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) (5261 Views)

I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator / Between Hisense And Nexus Refrigerator / Brand New Refrigerator Not Cooling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
For the past one week, they want to kill us with electricity. We used to have at least 15hours a day, sometimes it goes up, but it is approx 24 hours now.

It feels like they just take it make the transformer cool small and it is back again.

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?

I forgot to add that our tariff was quietly increased last month.

I hope this change would be permanent.

Reporting from Amukoko, Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
Modified oh

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
Modified too

6 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by frazee: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
So safejo Amukoko people don dey enjoy BAT.... lolzzzz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
Its raining season. Kainji dam is full. Wait until November. Light is a bit better during the raining seasons in Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Its raining season. Kainji dam is full. Wait until November. Light is a bit better during the raining seasons in Nigeria.

Na today them born me? grin
I know what it was like for 45 raining seasons.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2023
why are you complaining na .... Nigerian, I am sure if everything was alright in this country some people would be sick for not finding something to tackle government on . Anyway I enjoy light today from 10 am till 6pm ..not bad ... make you na use the light to be productive o ..this one google is showing N819 to $1
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by daddytime(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2023
Nigeria don dey better be that grin

Praise they rod...

3 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

Na today them born be? grin

Lol maybe you live in a bad area.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Dreal1247: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
Some of the power distribution companies may increase the power supply as the electricity billings is bound to increase from the month of July.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol maybe you live in a bad area.

I stay in Amukoko. It is not a bad area. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:
For the past one week, they want to kill us with electricity. We used to have up to 15hours a day, but it is approx 24 hours now.

It feels like they just take it make the transformer cool small and it is back again.

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?
I said something about that some weeks back. It's like that in Lagos only. Cos I have a friend in Kano who's been ranting about darkness and how he's been consuming fuel for his business.

Same with the SE as well, EEDC is dealing with them over there. The enjoyment as I've come to notice is strictly for Lagos residents only.

One more thing...I'll suggest you load your prepaid as much as possible cos from what I'm hearing, tariff would be increased by over 40% from 1st July (next month). If possible load it in such a way that it would last you till January next year. I overloaded mine last night.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Tallesty1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
One person dey gather food full house like person wey marry four husbands and nah Uchenna be the foodie.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
Nazgul:

I said something about that some weeks back. It's like that in Lagos only. Cos I have a friend in Kano who's been ranting about darkness and how he's been consuming fuel for his business.

Same with the SE as well, EEDC is dealing with them over there. The enjoyment as I've come to notice is strictly for Lagos residents only.

One more thing...I'll suggest you load your prepaid as much as possible cos from what I'm hearing, tariff would be increased by over 40% from 1st July (next month). If possible load it in such a way that it would last you till January next year. I overloaded mine last night.

Exactly. If it is Lagos only, it defies the rainy season argument. You don't want to see how many units I have currently. I used vex to load my prepaid meter.

4 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by dopedan(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2023
Omo ur na all these things dey ur fridge? Omo before i sold my fridge it was only satchet water that occupied it

5 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2023
Tallesty1:
One person dey gather food full house like person wey marry four husbands and nah Uchenna be the foodie.

Hahahaha. If you gree make I marry you, I fit join am Naz.gul and three redpillers. grin grin

dopedan:
Omo ur na all these things dey ur fridge? Omo before i sold my fridge it was only satchet water that occupied it

It is ideal to stay hydrated. So, a lot of water is fine. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:
Exactly. If it is Lagos only, it defies the rainy season argument. You don't want to see how many units I have currently. I used vex to load my prepaid meter.
It's only Lagos. Cos I've been calling people based outside Lagos and they've all been complaining seriously about the epileptic power NEPA has been giving them...it's even worse in the SS and SE.

It certainly defiles the rainy season argument, cos Lagos is currently building her own power station and from what I'm hearing, they're already relieving some power stations of their heavy workloads so more stations are becoming free cos they wouldn't need to be regulated anymore since they're no longer being overworked. Hence the improved power supply

Lol@ your last paragraph. That's exactly what happened to me last night. I'm even projecting my units to finish by January next year. I don't have strength for this administration.

3 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Twoclans(f): 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
AEDC has not been behaving themselves with light .

Kwin Poco I might just put myself up for adoption into your house .Your fridge content is banging..

2 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Maxwell775: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

Na today them born be? grin
if you’re using prepaid meter, just be enjoying the light while it last because Tinubu has increased the Tariff unit plan and it’s gonna take effect from July 1st.
I used to load 150 units for 10k and it would last me for 3 weeks. But starting from next month, 10k will give me between 110 - 95 units and I’m sure it would last me for just a week and few days.

Its really crazy
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by FalseProphet1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:
For the past one week, they want to kill us with electricity. We used to have up to 15hours a day, but it is approx 24 hours now.

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?

I forgot to add that our tariff was quietly increased last month. If they increase it again by July, na die be that.

Hope you're paying your tithes, because it would be a sin against heaven to have all these goodies in your fridge and your pastor is sleeping hungry.

This I have seen.

7 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 6:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
Twoclans:
AEDC has not been behaving themselves with light .

Kwin Poco I might just put myself up for adoption into your house .Your fridge content is banging..

Small something. As long as you go dey wash plate and sweep/mop the house everyday. tongue

FalseProphet1:

Hope you're paying your tithes, because it would be a sin against heaven to have all these goodies in your fridge and your pastor is sleeping hungry.

This I have seen.

Toor! Pastor go find work o. If this light reach your side, start to sell ice block. lipsrsealed

Maxwell775:
if you’re using prepaid meter, just be enjoying the light while it last because Tinubu has increased the Tariff unit plan and it’s gonna take effect from July 1st.
I used to load 150 units for 10k and it would last me for 3 weeks. But starting from next month, 10k will give me between 110 - 95 units and I’m sure it would last me for just a week and few days.

Its really crazy

Yea, I heard the news. I work remotely, so I am not fixated or bothered about cost of electricity and data. It can't be compared to the transportation cost and physical stress of commuting to a physical workplace in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by DevilsEqual(m): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
See as person fridge dey loaded...Is it cause you're a lady or cooking na just one of your hobbies
Nature knows i dont have the strength to cook multiple soup, the thing dey tiring wella

By the way, Your nails are neater than some peoples meal sef....No way your fingers would cross-contaminate any food while cooking

2 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by DevilsEqual(m): 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
Nazgul:

Not everywhere in the East...We dey get light steady for Anambra like say na birth right

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by FalseProphet1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

Small something. As long as you go dey wash plate and sweep/mop the house everyday. tongue

Toor! Pastor go find work o. If this light reach your side, start to sell ice block. lipsrsealed

Yea, I heard the news. I work remotely, so I am not fixated or bothered about cost of electricity and data. It can't be compared to the transportation cost and physical stress of commuting to a physical workplace in Lagos.
It is an abomination to tell a prophet to see ice block. You'll have to come for spiritual cleansing with one live goat so that I'll pray for your sins.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Na the rain (I think). I mean the constant power supply. It is the same here in Oworonshoki too.

Even if heavy rain dey fall o, lai lai, e go stay gidigba.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by LeeMason(m): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Raining season when as weather bad or rain start to drizzle them don take light
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by SocialJustice: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?

I forgot to add that our tariff was quietly increased last month. If they increase it again by July, na die be that.

Eko and Ikeja are the best distribution companies in Nigeria. Most of Nigeria is in darkness. My side is like 6 hours daily.

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Harmony92(f): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
Nazgul:

It's only Lagos. Cos I've been calling people based outside Lagos and they've all been complaining seriously about the epileptic power NEPA has been giving them...it's even worse in the SS and SE.

It certainly defiles the rainy season argument, cos Lagos is currently building her own power station and from what I'm hearing, they're already relieving some power stations of their heavy workloads so more stations are becoming free cos they wouldn't need to be regulated anymore since they're no longer being overworked. Hence the improved power supply

Lol@ your last paragraph. That's exactly what happened to me last night. I'm even projecting my units to finish by January next year. I don't have strength for this administration.
I have not seen light in my area since Monday, n d annoying thing is Nepa people still came around to disconnect light today.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2023
TF

How broke are you that you can't afford to do your nails and can't even trim your nails

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
DevilsEqual:
Not everywhere in the East...We dey get light steady for Anambra like say na birth right
Most likely Awka and maybe Onitsha. Other parts of the state would definitely be in darkness.

Harmony92:
I have not seen light in my area since Monday, n d annoying thing is Nepa people still came around to disconnect light today.
Are you based in Lagos?
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by EkoErrands: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?

If petroleum marketers were paying them to ration the electricity so that we would buy fuel so they can collect more subsidy. What do you think PHCN or whatever they are called will do when that subsidy money is nolonger coming from the petroleum marketers?

Na to carry the light flood una na. In my area even when rain as heavy as a hurricane is falling they don't take the light again and before you know one explosion and the transformer goes home...and before 24hrs they will repair the transformer ...the thing come dey surprise me...i mean the efficiency of the repairs.

Why do you think PHCN or whatever they call themselves nowadays can still be in business even when 80% of users are bypassing their useless meter. Na subsidy money dey keep them in business.

If you know Nigeria you will not need anybody to interpreted any occurrence for you in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by dreamxhaser: 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2023
Wow!

Just as I am complaining about light.

We used to get light nothing less than 19 to 20hours in my area in Kaduna, but Nepa are now fucking us up like there is no 2morrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures / 12 Food That Boost Brain Activties / Disgusting Meal Breakers,photos Of Animals Found In Food.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.