Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) (5290 Views)

I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator / Between Hisense And Nexus Refrigerator / Brand New Refrigerator Not Cooling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2023
DevilsEqual:
See as person fridge dey loaded...Is it cause you're a lady or cooking na just one of your hobbies
Nature knows i dont have the strength to cook multiple soup, the thing dey tiring wella

By the way, Your nails are neater than some peoples meal sef....No way your fingers would cross-contaminate any food while cooking

- I love cooking.
- I love eating.
- I love when people eat.

You can't come to my house and be hungry. It is my greatest pleasure to give you fooooddd. grin

Thanks for the compliment.

Failure2019:
TF

How broke are you that you can't afford to do your nails and can't even trim your nails

Not brokeness, Sir. I cook and wash a lot, so my natural nails are more convenient and healthy for me. I thought my nails are short enough for a female. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll file it later.

SocialJustice:
Eko and Ikeja are the best distribution companies in Nigeria. Most of Nigeria is in darkness. My side is like 6 hours daily.

Going by some hypothesis here, I guess it isn't raining in your side.

EkoErrands:

If petroleum marketers were paying them to ration the electricity so that we would buy fuel so they can collect more subsidy. What do you think PHCN or whatever they are called will do when that subsidy money is nolonger coming from the petroleum marketers?

Na to carry the light flood una na. In my area even when rain as heavy as a hurricane is falling they don't take the light again and before you know one explosion and the transformer goes home...and before 24hrs they will repair the transformer ...the thing come dey surprise me...i mean the efficiency of the repairs.

Why do you think PHCN or whatever they call themselves nowadays can still be in business even when 80% of users are bypassing their useless meter. Na subsidy money dey keep them in business.

If you know Nigeria you will not need anybody to interpreted any occurrence for you in this country.

Interesting perspective. I never thought of it this way. Thanks for your contribution!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:
You can't come to my house and be hungry. It is my greatest pleasure to give you fooooddd. grin

I'm booking a date for the foreseeable future, then. 🗓 📋 📌
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I'm booking a date for the foreseeable future, then. 🗓 📋 📌

You are most welcome. Na you go run. tongue
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Dc14(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
frazee:
So safejo Amukoko people don dey enjoy BAT.... lolzzzz
like seriouly light wan kill house 12 to 14 hours
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Dc14(m): 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

I stay in Amukoko. It is not a bad area. grin grin
apasa -amusa wa oo ajegunle to the world
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Niwdog(m): 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
pocohantas:

Na today them born me? grin
I know what it was like for 45 raining seasons.
If you weren't born today... You go know say once a new regime starts, light no dey be problem for Nigeria here, it happened during the early days of Buhari
So chilax no go give yourself bp
Though I prays Tinubu turns out different
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Depressed101: 1:06am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
For the past one week, they want to kill us with electricity. We used to have up to 15hours a day, but it is approx 24 hours now.

It feels like they just take it make the transformer cool small and it is back again.

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?

I forgot to add that our tariff was quietly increased last month. If they increase it again by July, na die be that.

I hope this change would be permanent.

Pic 1: My vegetables that used to act crazy in a week has been there for two weeks. Still fresh!

Pic 2/3: Frozen gizzard and chicken franks.
in Abuja my area it's been 24hrs for over 2 months now. Before this area didn't use to get upto 5hrs a day

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by cococandy(f): 4:40am On Jun 23, 2023
See enjoyment. When are you accepting applications for tasters?
pocohantas:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Psady(m): 5:25am On Jun 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Its raining season. Kainji dam is full. Wait until November. Light is a bit better during the raining seasons in Nigeria.
u no like better thing.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Tallesty1(m): 6:46am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

Na today them born me? grin
I know what it was like for 45 raining seasons.
45 break your head there

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Tallesty1(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

Hahahaha. If you gree make I marry you, I fit join am Naz.gul and three redpillers. grin grin

And she dey propose on a food thread make them talk say nah hunger pursue me enter marriage.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by udede(m): 6:51am On Jun 23, 2023
So you sef get fridge yet you never ever try to invite me to chill with you over two bottles of chilled hero beer.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Jcoleworld911: 7:21am On Jun 23, 2023
Nazgul:

I said something about that some weeks back. It's like that in Lagos only. Cos I have a friend in Kano who's been ranting about darkness and how he's been consuming fuel for his business.

Same with the SE as well, EEDC is dealing with them over there. The enjoyment as I've come to notice is strictly for Lagos residents only.

One more thing...I'll suggest you load your prepaid as much as possible cos from what I'm hearing, tariff would be increased by over 40% from 1st July (next month). If possible load it in such a way that it would last you till January next year. I overloaded mine last night.

Stop the nonsense already, everywhere in Anambra have time 24/7, in fact all the southeast state have constant light, I visited Ebonyi state on an assignment and for complete one week, they have not taken light atal

I work and base in portharcourt, some side have while some didn’t

Light have generally improved even before tinubu assumed his office, I think is when buhari remove power from federal powers, now state can generate power
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by DevilsEqual(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

- I love cooking.
- I love eating.
- I love when people eat.

Thanks for the compliment.

How then do u create time to do all these cooking, as per medical practitioner and Tech person

Would assume you only do these on the weekends. Weldone o
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2023
Tallesty1:
45 break your head there

All this violence is for what na? I no marry again biko. Before you scatter my teeth. grin

cococandy:
See enjoyment. When are you accepting applications for tasters?

Hahahahaha. For you we can start immediately, Coco!
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2023
DevilsEqual:

How then do u create time to do all these cooking, as per medical practitioner and Tech person

Would assume you only do these on the weekends. Weldone o

Nah, I hardly cook weekends. I fit my cooking and laundry into the week. A lot of time management and discipline.

You are probably the only person that thinks I am in the medical field. The firm I work for remotely is into tech solutions but I am not a programmer.

As for the cooking, I don't always cook whole meals, but I will have them. Cooking the two soups and stew took me about 6 hours, including preparation. Not too much time for me. I have 4 burners cooker, gadgets that give me speed and I play music to get by. Before I know it, I am done.

For tired days; I roast the chicken franks with pepper, curry and thyme. Use it to eat bread. There is plantain, noodles, sweet potatoes, eggs, cookies, cake, fruits, pringles. Anyone my hand touches, I eat and sleep.

I give friends some of this food, eat in small portions and I work out. So, I am not at the risk of getting fat for now.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
For the past one week, they want to kill us with electricity. We used to have up to 15hours a day, but it is approx 24 hours now.

It feels like they just take it make the transformer cool small and it is back again.

Is this general?
I mean, NATIONWIDE?

I forgot to add that our tariff was quietly increased last month. If they increase it again by July, na die be that.

I hope this change would be permanent.

Pic 1: My vegetables that used to act crazy in a week has been there for two weeks. Still fresh!

Pic 2/3: Frozen gizzard and chicken franks.

I want to ask for a favour pls. Can you help me with some money to buy foodstuffs? I've been depending on my course mate for days now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Harmony92(f): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2023
Nazgul:

Most likely Awka and maybe Onitsha. Other parts of the state would definitely be in darkness.

Are you based in Lagos?
No oo Edo state embarassed my area we only get light 8 hours a day, from 12pm to 5pm n from 12am to 3am.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 8:31am On Jun 23, 2023
Jcoleworld911:
Stop the nonsense already, everywhere in Anambra have time 24/7, in fact all the southeast state have constant light, I visited Ebonyi state on an assignment and for complete one week, they have not taken light atal

I work and base in portharcourt, some side have while some didn’t

Light have generally improved even before tinubu assumed his office, I think is when buhari remove power from federal powers, now state can generate power
This isn't an Igbo/yourba thread.

I'm stating the obvious. And why are you lying?

How many local governments in Ebonyi has light to begin with that they'll leave light for one week. People I've been relating with over there have been lamenting to me how horrible the electricity situation is.

In fact Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia are the states I know don't have above average power supply.

So please stop lying to prove a point, I didn't post my observation based on tribal sentiments, I'm an Igbo man as well.

If you went screenshots I can post over 3 different screenshots of people I chatted with in Ebonyi and all have confirmed that power supply there is poor.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 8:32am On Jun 23, 2023
Harmony92:
No oo Edo state embarassed my area we only get light 8 hours a day, from 12pm to 5pm n from 12am to 3am.
8 hours is below average. Lagos improved power supply is certainly not as a result of the overfilled dam.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2023
[quote author=pocohantas post=123968510][/quote]

I have been staring at that Afang Soup since kiss
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Acidosis(m): 8:41am On Jun 23, 2023
Enjoyment ambassador 😊😊
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

Hahahahaha. For you we can start immediately, Coco!

I’m specifically placing request for the afang 😋

Please

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by cococandy(f): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

I have been staring at that Afang Soup since kiss

Who’s this ?

We can’t be sharing that soup because I alone can finish all of it. angry
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Jcoleworld911: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2023
Nazgul:

How many local governments in Ebonyi has light to begin with that they'll leave light for one week. People I've been relating with over there have been lamenting to me how horrible the electricity situation is.

In fact Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia are the states I know don't have above average power supply.

So please stop lying to prove a point, I didn't post my observation based on tribal sentiments, I'm an Igbo man as well.

If you went screenshots I can post over 3 different screenshots of people I chatted with in Ebonyi and all have confirmed that power supply there is poor.

Lemme see the screenshots, except places that don’t have electricity yet, light have improved in Ebonyi not even today

It has been so for a long time now, i have been frequenting Ebonyi state on a normal and I’m from Anambra state, Nnobi precisely, so I’m not into tribal nonsense, I’m stating the fact

The only place I don’t know much is imo state, but in river state, apart from ph or maybe obigbo, other places don’t have light with exception of bony island
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by DevilsEqual(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2023
Nazgul:

To be honest, That man is right. I deliberately decided against replying your initial message that there couldnt have been light everywhere in Anambra state. Bro, i had to stay in some remote part of Anambra for few weeks just to sort out some stuffs and i can assure you that we had light on an average of 12-14hours everyday

This isnt about empty boasts and i can go ahead to list the towns so that u can call people over here to confirm

I may not know much about Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi but u see Anambra state, forget am bro
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2023
Jcoleworld911:
Lemme see the screenshots, except places that don’t have electricity yet, light have improved in Ebonyi not even today

It has been so for a long time now, i have been frequenting Ebonyi state on a normal and I’m from Anambra state, Nnobi precisely, so I’m not into tribal nonsense, I’m stating the fact

The only place I don’t know much is imo state, but in river state, apart from ph or maybe obigbo, other places don’t have light with exception of bony island
I never included Anambra in my post I said Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia. These are the states I can confirm that electricity is below average, because I have people there who I talk with frequently.

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by Nazgul: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2023
DevilsEqual:
To be honest, That man is right. I deliberately decided against replying your initial message that there couldnt have been light everywhere in Anambra state. Bro, i had to stay in some remote part of Anambra for few weeks just to sort out some stuffs and i can assure you that we had light on an average of 12-14hours everyday

This isnt about empty boasts and i can go ahead to list the towns so that u can call people over here to confirm

I may not know much about Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi but u see Anambra state, forget am bro
Awka has always been having light right from my days as a student, that's why I didn't include Anambra. It's also possible for other remote villages to have light as well. But you see those 3 states I mentioned, electricity there is very poor. I was in Enugu last year and almost wept cos all through my 4 days stay, I didn't see even half current.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by RenaissanceGuy: 9:51am On Jun 23, 2023
One week is too short to make a conclusion about. Sometimes when a particular area's power distribution network goes down, they may decide to route their power allocation to another area, pending the conclusion of repairs. But even at that power supply is always constant during the rainy season.
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
One week is too short to make a conclusion about. Sometimes when a particular area's power distribution network goes down, they may decide to route their power allocation to another area, pending the conclusion of repairs. But even at that power supply is always constant during the rainy season.

One week is not too short. We have always had impressive power supply here for a year. At least 15 hours a day. There was a time I didn't touch generator for 3 months and it wasn't rainy season.

Nobody's light is being rerouted to us because we are on prepaid billing. If they don't give us light, no money for them.

I hope you guys know that there are places in Lagos that have always enjoyed stable power but at a cost. And there are also places that do not see 1hr a day even when Kanji dam is overflowing its bank.

There are 36 states in Nigeria and many of these states do not have light in their capitals, let alone villages. Yet you people keep saying rainy season. I guess it rains only in Lagos and 5 or 6 states.

1 Like

Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

Exactly. If it is Lagos only, it defies the rainy season argument. You don't want to see how many units I have currently. I used vex to load my prepaid meter.
I stay in Warri and I can confirm that it’s not a Lagos only situation, steady light comes with a lot of benefits especially for us that’s not using prepaid, I’ve been doing a whole lot of my cooking with my hot plate.
And BTW, although I don’t like this administration, i’m finding it hard to believe this rainy season kainji dam explanation, I think it’s a deliberate action from up there, most likely to make it seem as if they have actually hit the ground running early, whether it would last is the real question!!
Re: Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) by pocohantas(f): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2023
PhenomenalMorgan:

I stay in Warri and I can confirm that it’s not a Lagos only situation, steady light comes with a lot of benefits especially for us that’s not using prepaid, I’ve been doing a whole lot of my cooking with my hot plate.
And BTW, although I don’t like this administration, i’m finding it hard to believe this rainy season kainji dam explanation, I think it’s a deliberate action from up there, most likely to make it seem as if they have actually hit the ground running early, whether it would last is the real question!!

The distribution company should put you all on prepaid billing, so that you can dispose that evil called hot plate. Same goes to boiling rings. Nigerians waste energy when they see it for free. If you were on prepaid, you wouldn't be plugging that your hot plate anyhow.

That said, if the 24hrs last or not, they can easily revert my area to our 15hrs+ a day. Not bad at all. But I know there are many states that are not benefitting from this increased power supply. Maybe Tinubu doesn't care if they think he is working. This is me testing your assumption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Party Fruit Punch / Game: Lets Cook Naira Land Shrimp Fried Rice Together. So Add Ur Own Ok / Please Ooo.What is the English name for OFULOJU? Ki Ni Naa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.