Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • (2425 Views)

Man Dies A Day Before Getting Married, Buried On His Wedding Day. Photos / 12 Things Girls Talk About When Guys Aren’t Around / Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by peterobitinubu: 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2023
12 things You Must Know Before Getting Married.

1. No matter how posh your spouse is, just remember that one day, they'll use the toilet and may not remember to flush it well. Yes you'll see his/her faeces. Does that sound nice?

2. As much as you both will smell nice to occasions with glamourous apparels, sometimes you'd wake up to their bad breaths and body odour! They won't always smell nice.

3. Your wife during dating wore her best panties. In marriage, you might see more of torn panties, and shame won't even catch her. Be ready, that your hubby who changed boxer everyday during dating days might be wearing one for a week in marriage.

4. For men with blown egos, one day your wife will challenge, beat her hand to her chest, and you won't do anything. Lol. Ntor!

5. Some days you'd fight with your spouse all through the day, but you'll be forced to apologise even when you're not at fault because you'll be Hot at night and can't just hold it. Konji will humble your ego.

6. Your seraphic and sanctimonious spouse who you hardly saw any fault in, after honeymoon might be the most annoying thing ever. E dey clear for eyes sometimes. lol

7. As a man who's all passionate about sex now, you can't wait to marry. A time will come in marriage, she'd walk around naked and your stuff down there won't even erect. “Young woman abeg let me rest I'm tired..”

8. Your wife will provoke you and you'd reject food, thinking she'd beg, and she'd just walk away and go to bed. Las las, you'll hide and go and eat. That's what we call trimming your ego. *Holds laugh*

9. Your spouse might love you, but you'll have to deal with the reality that there might be one of your siblings they won't really like sha.

10. There might be times you'll wake up and feel like, “how did I even marry this person”. You'll feel like you just want to be, not because they necessarily did anything wrong o. But guess what? No exit door.

11. Be ready, what used to trip you about your spouse might wane with time. Marriage comes with a lot of rediscovery and plethora of phases.

12. When you have kids, sometimes you'll just be tired. You'll feel like taking a break from parenting. As in, you'll just want to throw them into your neighbor's house. But no escape for you. They are products of your orgasm.

(Jara)
At some point, you'll be feeling your spouse is the most amazing person in the world till you meet someone else who is 200% better than them. Marriage isn't about having the best, but building your best.

So are you ready mentally and emotionally?

Your marriage is what you make it to be. Enjoy your home.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by 360clips: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
Rubbish! Next!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by fourboys: 4:18am On Jun 23, 2023
Wow?? this is nice.. educative and funny cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by fourboys: 4:19am On Jun 23, 2023
360clips:
Rubbish! Next!
bro what happened.. the op try na

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by wagzy37: 4:30am On Jun 23, 2023
Sad reality! Good one.
Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by nokspos: 5:05am On Jun 23, 2023
There's no good alternative available for marriage. If you did not marry, you will eventually live a miserable life, you will get old and lonely, all those young girls preventing you from settling down will get old and start their own family and the upcoming generation will be too young for you, they will call you uncle before you open your mouth to say hi.

A time is coming you will need someone to trust your life with, you will need someone to cook for you when you are tired or sick, you will need a child of your own, a small version of yourself and you will need someone to help the child with his or her assignment and olosho does not provide any of these service. Inshort when they cook, its better you pray very hard before eating it. also, if a male chef cooks for you for too long , you turn gay , and if a female chef cooks for you for too long .... you know! cool

Sex is no longer free , you would wish to personalize it, at this point , if the same olosho comes everyday, she starts seeing herself as a wife and if you keep changing hands, you start risking and exposing yourself to diseases. At age 40 above , sex is no longer a priority since your telesterion level has dropped, yet you still need it once in a while and you won't be able to match up with the strength of the younger generation. At this point, all you just want is a good food, good sleep, good movies and maybe inbetween attend some PTA meeting and talk with old folks because even music is no longer the same since asake and wizkid are now older and no longer sing about buddy call. All these feelings starts at 40s not 60s but the problem is you can't start preparing at 40 , you have to prepare from 20s or 30s

So my advise is , if you find any good woman or man , marry. Having a fridge at home is better than buying drinks outside all the time for you may get taste at night. Meanwhile, having a fridge at home doesn't mean you can't still buy a bottle of coke outside once in a while, though its not a good idea.... if you don't get it , forget about it cool , there's no exit route to marriage.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Reminderz: 5:14am On Jun 23, 2023
@ op, exactly, all what you said is the truth.. the thing is that you don't need to be married to know all these... if you have been in a couple of lasting relationships where you guys live as couples or you have parents who were together for a long time, you'll know some of these... my experiences, other people's experiences and rolling with wise sages have taught me alot.. this is why when we discuss about relationship matters here, wise people will automatically relate with what's being said while the naive ones with no life experience whatsoever are the ones quick to counter others... as the wise ones usually say, "the wise learn from other people's experiences, the foolish ones wait to experience it themselves”... life is the greatest teacher, everyone will eventually learn...

You see that your number 12 ehn, back then, when I see my P-Man get angry for no reason sometimes, I automatically understand his frustration.. sometimes you'll just wonder what you did wrong... this is why they say, you won't know what your father is passing through until you become one yourself... I see through his frustration and I understand... It's just a way of venting all his pains out... if the children doesn't turn out the way they imagined or turned out bad, that's another level of frustration as well... if you have/had responsible parents or guardians who looked after you, you don't know the free gift life has handed you.. so many things we take for granted...

Marriage is mostly about responsibilities and less pleasures, if you marry wrong, then it will be full of problems with no pleasure... this is why we advise men here to be very careful before jumping into it, but seems simps will always act like simps, some people cannot be saved, even if you drum it into their ears from now to eternity... as I've said, life will surely teach everyone...

as a man, always remember, all other things being equal, marriage is mostly about responsibilities for you and less pleasures while it's the opposite for the woman... before you get married, make sure you have multiple sources of income, know your wife deeply, plan the number of kids you plan to have and fully cater for, don't bring innocent kids to suffer and make sure you're always watching your back...

Marriage is hell with the wrong person, and quite an adventure with the right person... lastly, marriage is less about love and more of commitment... if you're not ready to fight, defend and commit to your partner, if you think marriage is all those k-drama and romantic bullshits you've brainwashed yourself with, you're better off single!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Matprinze: 5:28am On Jun 23, 2023
Reality of marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by seanwilliam(m): 5:33am On Jun 23, 2023
You’re on point .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Vinnie2000(m): 5:52am On Jun 23, 2023
Nice one, OP. 👍

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by zed7: 5:57am On Jun 23, 2023
That's life. Sometimes we find our siblings annoying, sometimes we even wish the "nice and cool" neighbours were our parents.

What matters is patience and tolerance for those we love. The grass is never always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Reminderz: 6:08am On Jun 23, 2023
nokspos:
There's no good alternative available for marriage. If you did not marry, you will eventually live a miserable life, you will get old and lonely, all those young girls preventing you from settling down will get old and start their own family and the upcoming generation will be too young for you, they will call you uncle before you open your mouth to say hi.

A time is coming you will need someone to trust your life with, you will need someone to cook for you when you are tired or sick, you will need a child of your own, a small version of yourself and you will need someone to help the child with his or her assignment and olosho does not provide any of these service. Inshort when they cook, its better you pray very hard before eating it. also, if a male chef cooks for you for too long , you turn gay , and if a female chef cooks for you for too long .... you know! cool

Sex is no longer free , you would wish to personalize it, at this point , if the same olosho comes everyday, she starts seeing herself as a wife and if you keep changing hands, you start risking and exposing yourself to diseases. At age 40 above , sex is no longer a priority since your telesterion level has dropped, yet you still need it once in a while and you won't be able to match up with the strength of the younger generation. At this point, all you just want is a good food, good sleep, good movies and maybe inbetween attend some PTA meeting and talk with old folks because even music is no longer the same since asake and wizkid are now older and no longer sing about buddy call. All these feelings starts at 40s not 60s but the problem is you can't start preparing at 40 , you have to prepare from 20s or 30s
you're a wise man, this is why when a certain moniker created a thread of babymamas, I remember telling the person that he has only stated the advantages of it without stating the disadvantages...

you can't keep balling or chilling your whole life.. when you get to a certain level in life, most of your friends would have left you, either through death, conflicts or facing their own life problems or businesses... you'll be left alone most especially if you don't have someone to stay with... this is why sometimes, men like Ned marry more than one wife in case some certain wife left them at their weak age... even if you're rich, you can't trust an outsider to handle your business like your progenies... you've worked your whole life to amass wealth and start businesses, would you let all that go to ruin when you have no descendants to leave it for or continue the business you've started? even with that, an complete stranger or an outsider can't take care of you the way your family would...

in everything in life, as you consider the advantages, do consider the disadvantages as well... always plan till the end... the most important thing in life for a man is being financially stable or rich, having a good health and a wonderful family... there's nothing as awesome as that...!

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by ComputerOperato: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2023
nokspos:

So my advise is , if you find any good woman or man , marry. Having a fridge at home is better than buying drinks outside all the time for you may get taste at night. Meanwhile, having a fridge at home doesn't mean you can't still buy a bottle of coke outside once in a while, though its not a good idea.... if you don't get it , forget about it cool , there's no exit route to marriage.

I saw what you did there.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by talk2hb1(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2023
Married People With Marriage Philosophy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Dangrace01: 11:04am On Jun 23, 2023
But on a serious note .

How do men sleep with different women. Sex is energy draining. How do you do it

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by obinna58(m): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2023
Not true, I’ve flushed the toilet 100% time I went in
All rubbish
Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by RussellRutherfo: 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
peterobitinubu:
12 things You Must Know Before Getting Married.

1. No matter how posh your spouse is, just remember that one day, they'll use the toilet and may not remember to flush it well. Yes you'll see his/her faeces. Does that sound nice?

2. As much as you both will smell nice to occasions with glamourous apparels, sometimes you'd wake up to their bad breaths and body odour! They won't always smell nice.

3. Your wife during dating wore her best panties. In marriage, you might see more of torn panties, and shame won't even catch her. Be ready, that your hubby who changed boxer everyday during dating days might be wearing one for a week in marriage.

4. For men with blown egos, one day your wife will challenge, beat her hand to her chest, and you won't do anything. Lol. Ntor!

5. Some days you'd fight with your spouse all through the day, but you'll be forced to apologise even when you're not at fault because you'll be Hot at night and can't just hold it. Konji will humble your ego.

6. Your seraphic and sanctimonious spouse who you hardly saw any fault in, after honeymoon might be the most annoying thing ever. E dey clear for eyes sometimes. lol

7. As a man who's all passionate about sex now, you can't wait to marry. A time will come in marriage, she'd walk around naked and your stuff down there won't even erect. “Young woman abeg let me rest I'm tired..”

8. Your wife will provoke you and you'd reject food, thinking she'd beg, and she'd just walk away and go to bed. Las las, you'll hide and go and eat. That's what we call trimming your ego. *Holds laugh*

9. Your spouse might love you, but you'll have to deal with the reality that there might be one of your siblings they won't really like sha.

10. There might be times you'll wake up and feel like, “how did I even marry this person”. You'll feel like you just want to be, not because they necessarily did anything wrong o. But guess what? No exit door.

11. Be ready, what used to trip you about your spouse might wane with time. Marriage comes with a lot of rediscovery and plethora of phases.

12. When you have kids, sometimes you'll just be tired. You'll feel like taking a break from parenting. As in, you'll just want to throw them into your neighbor's house. But no escape for you. They are products of your orgasm.

(Jara)
At some point, you'll be feeling your spouse is the most amazing person in the world till you meet someone else who is 200% better than them. Marriage isn't about having the best, but building your best.

So are you ready mentally and emotionally?

Your marriage is what you make it to be. Enjoy your home.

Number 8 made me laugh so hard.
Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by RichieDasaint: 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
That part of denying your own husband sex most night saying you are tired or not in the mood after una don marry born children together and nor be so una Dey behave when dating nai even Dey off me most of my guys and brothers have always complain this to me say see Wetin their wife’s Dey do them so make I Dey prepare, as it’s belike na baby mamas I go Dey get last last cox I nor fit use my money marry you finish then you go come my house Dey tell me when to sex

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Drsnives(m): 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
Marriage hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by Lady97: 8:43am On Jun 26, 2023
Hello people
I want to create a circle of friends…What am I saying more than friends but family…Family that have each other’s back, a family that show genuine love, affection, care, support. I know most of us crave for such. Most of us have been hurt by people will love and care about. Some of us are looking for closure…we need someone to talk to… A circle of like minds.
Trust me Guys, I have a strong feeling that we can achieve this.
If you are judgmental please you aren’t needed
If you aren’t a born again Christian please don’t come close

We will be doing a lot :
Movie Night
Games
Talk show
Heart to heart talk
Hangout etc

So if you are interested you can reach me on WhatsApp via 07047991156 / 07065616074

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by peterobitinubu: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
tongue
Lady97:
Hello people
I want to create a circle of friends…What am I saying more than friends but family…Family that have each other’s back, a family that show genuine love, affection, care, support. I know most of us crave for such. Most of us have been hurt by people will love and care about. Some of us are looking for closure…we need someone to talk to… A circle of like minds.
Trust me Guys, I have a strong feeling that we can achieve this.
If you are judgmental please you aren’t needed
If you aren’t a born again Christian please don’t come close

We will be doing a lot :
Movie Night
Games
Talk show
Heart to heart talk
Hangout etc

So if you are interested you can reach me on WhatsApp via 07047991156 / 07065616074
rest
Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by logicalhumour: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
nokspos:

Lol. See some niggas blabbing nonsense how unmarried men end up sad and whatnot. Lol. You boys have no idea the kind of world we live in. You'll end up sadder when ALL your children which you spent your life on leave you to make their own 'families' and your wife leaves as well, or no longer sends you. Dey play

You'll have to be really dum.b if you think marriage and children is a way to avoid old age depression. Let me break it to you: you have better chances being happy when "unmarried'. There are know ways of "cheating" life—not something any of you know of sha hence your mentality. I won't waste my time educating you. Those who know just know. Lol

Life when you become weak is shorter than the years you spend being strong. Marriage and children have been statistically linked to more sadness than joy.

Instead of young boys to focus on making sure they have enough money for their weak years, they're filling their heads with such mentality. You'll see for yourself, lol.

If you're not a full-time farmer in the village, better rethink your steps in this current world we live in. Dey play.
In life, wisdom starts from when you understand that Humans want what they do not have, and end up hating what they have. And that less load = less burden and stress.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by nokspos: 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2023
i'm not a boy , if you see me physical fear will enter your body instantly , pray to God to bless you with quarter of what i have acheived in my life. Meanwhile you are not well trained going about talking to people you've never met, how you won take grow like this
logicalhumour:

Lol. See some niggas blabbing nonsense how unmarried men end up sad and whatnot. Lol. You boys have no idea the kind of world we live in. You'll end up sadder when ALL your children which you spent your life on leave you to make their own 'families' and your wife leaves as well, or no longer sends you. Dey play

You'll have to be really dum.b if you think marriage and children is a way to avoid old age depression. Let me break it to you: you have better chances being happy when "unmarried'. There are know ways of "cheating" life—not something any of you know of sha hence your mentality. I won't waste my time educating you. Those who know just know. Lol

Life when you become weak is shorter than the years you spend being strong. Marriage and children have been statistically linked to more sadness than joy.

Instead of young boys to focus on making sure they have enough money for their weak years, they're filling their heads with such mentality. You'll see for yourself, lol.

If you're not a full-time farmer in the village, better rethink your steps in this current world we live in. Dey play.
In life, wisdom starts from when you understand that Humans want what they do not have, and end up hating what they have. And that less load = less burden and stress.
Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by logicalhumour: 7:01am On Jun 29, 2023
nokspos:
i'm not a boy , if you see me physical fear will enter your body instantly , pray to God to bless you with quarter of what i have acheived in my life.
You wish. Lol Dey play
Re: 12 Things You Must Know Before Getting Married. • by bookson(m): 6:33am On Jun 30, 2023
Great write up you have up there... Kudos OP

(1) (Reply)

Put A Meaning To This Photo !!! / Why Am I Attracted To Only Gorimapa Girls / Why Do Nigerian Girls Love Marriage Sooooooooooooo Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.