Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering (75135 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by AjaoEstater(m): 12:52am On Jul 11, 2023
Helel:

Crap

I stopped reading, when this dude wrote US 50states enjoy less autonomy than Nigerians 36states.

That why there is something called the states' rights in the USA...Plus all the 50 states' constitution are just a copy of the US federal constitution just with few new paints at least here 24/36 states have to consent to the constitution (amendments), and all of them having bicameral is so darn expensive making US the most expensive federal structure in the world (Ireland is the most expensive unitary structure in the world). Heck under military rule, states in Nigeria were enjoy more autonomy than US states under Obama, Trump, and now Biden. I was shock to know that Rivers State Internal Revenue Service (RIRS) was created in 1992 when Babangida was still ruling the Federation. The only thing states dont have control of yet is Police. To add with misconception that all 50 US states joined freely into a union that not true the federal government created them from unorganised territories (excluding the 13 colonies) that why most of them have a square boundary meanwhile the 36 states were natural evolution you can even see with their boundaries i.e. the Edos (Binis)- Edo state, Izons- Bayelsa state etc.

Note: Sorry it took me time to reply back.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by grandstar(m): 1:26am On Jul 11, 2023
xperiencelove:

Living in the UK is not easy this days and the most annoying part of it is their level of racism. Within 2015 and 2018, a day hardly go by without a news from their local stations that a man is being injured, shot or killed and you will realized a black man is the victim.

Germany and present Poland is even worse in racism.

Racism in the UK isn't that bad!

Britain is fortunate because it has always been a job creating machine. With lots of jobs available, descendants of immigrants could find white collar jobs. Immigrants could also find blue collar work.

Contrast this with France where structural unemployment among descendants of immigrants is high. This makes them feel ostracized

I'm not sure of the job situation now in the UK. Brexit was the worst decision they could ever have made. It would be prudent they rejoin Pronto.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Helel(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
AjaoEstater:

That why there is something called the states' rights in the USA...Plus all the 50 states' constitution are just a copy of the US federal constitution just with few new paints at least here 24/36 states have to consent to the constitution (amendments), and all of them having bicameral is so darn expensive making US the most expensive federal structure in the world (Ireland is the most expensive unitary structure in the world). Heck under military rule, states in Nigeria were enjoy more autonomy than US states under Obama, Trump, and now Biden. I was shock to know that Rivers State Internal Revenue Service (RIRS) was created in 1992 when Babangida was still ruling the Federation. The only thing states dont have control of yet is Police. To add with misconception that all 50 US states joined freely into a union that not true the federal government created them from unorganised territories (excluding the 13 colonies) that why most of them have a square boundary meanwhile the 36 states were natural evolution you can even see with their boundaries i.e. the Edos (Binis)- Edo state, Izons- Bayelsa state etc.

Note: Sorry it took me time to reply back.

In summary what's your point?

That Nigeria states enjoy more autonomy than US states?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by AjaoEstater(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Helel:

In summary what's your point?

That Nigeria states enjoy more autonomy than US states?

My point is in reality we already have a near "loose" federal system esp. thanks to the recent 16 amendments laws to the 1999 constitution. The way I see LGAs are they will always be under the states (however constitutionally standalone) but state governments-directly ruled LCDAs will become enshrined in the constitution as well (equivalent to unincorporated areas). I dont know any other country in the world except for USA and Nigeria that the sub national governments (constituent states) that the governors/deputy governors can grant pardon, clemency (FG is exclusively bestowed with amnesty), and criminal expungement. State Police is the only thing left as a recent article I read on TheCable.ng I personally think they should be under the LGAs/LDAs or still be with FG but each state police command commissioner should be nominated by each state ministry of justice and also partly funded by states and policies be under states just like how education and healthcare is responsibility of FG and States.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Helel(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2023
AjaoEstater:

My point is in reality we already have a near "loose" federal system esp. thanks to the recent 16 amendments laws to the 1999 constitution. The way I see LGAs are they will always be under the states (however constitutionally standalone) but state governments-directly ruled LCDAs will become enshrined in the constitution as well (equivalent to unincorporated areas). I dont know any other country in the world except for USA and Nigeria that the sub national governments (constituent states) that the governors/deputy governors can grant pardon, clemency (FG is exclusively bestowed with amnesty), and criminal expungement. State Police is the only thing left as a recent article I read on TheCable.ng I personally think they should be under the LGAs/LDAs or still be with FG but each state police command commissioner should be nominated by each state ministry of justice and also partly funded by states and policies be under states just like how education and healthcare is responsibility of FG and States.

You are far from the truth.

Nigerian states are in no way near or better than US states in terms of autonomy.

Do Nigeria states control mineral resources within their states?
Do they have state Guards or army?
Do they states , lGA and cities have state police?
The list is endless
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by AjaoEstater(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2023
Helel:

You are far from the truth.

Nigerian states are in no way near or better than US states in terms of autonomy.

Do Nigeria states control mineral resources within their states?
Do they have state Guards or army?
Do they states , lGA and cities have state police?
The list is endless

Apart from state police, state army is just stupid in my opinion. And yes Nigerian states have control of mineral resources to some extent that one of the reasons there are 36 revenue services. Nigerian states can also use executive orders. With all that said, instead of us keep arguing just check wikipedia, US states did not have alot of autonomy under Obama, and Trump and still early to say about Biden. US state governments dont even own TV networks unlike Nigerian states. To be fair though we copied the US federal structure but with our unique Nigerian model.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by sammyonal: 5:39am On Aug 07, 2023
Neddstark:

Lol, you no get orientation for business ni?
so them tell u say I be business man ni? No be everybody sabi do business.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Goodman247: 4:00am On Aug 09, 2023
Who is sponsoring all this satanic threads, uk.is 1000 times better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by madamnwaokolo(f): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2023
Biola67:

Dem no want make you come or Dey no want make you bill them!! Ask them when dem ddy come back naija. Dey play

I am in the UK, don't mind them, they don't want u to come but they are still there and yet complaining....OGA if u have the money, begin your preparation to relocate, I will only advise you to relocate to cheaper cities in England, do not target London for now or those highbrow cities, it's expensive in places like that. UK is 19,999% better than Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by madamnwaokolo(f): 6:56am On Oct 22, 2023
millionboi2:
thy could be doing illegal things dia,thy no dey pick money for ground anywie

Big lie, I moved in last year with my family and as a student, I am done with school and my family and I became very comfortable in the UK from the beginning of this year and we are not into fraud.

So far u can work and u r not lazy, u will make money quickly in ds sane UK.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by emperor4love(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
madamnwaokolo:

Big lie, I moved in last year with my family and as a student, I am done with school and my family and I became very comfortable in the UK from the beginning of this year and we are not into fraud.

u com student visa with family
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Eky29: 12:34pm On Jan 19
Good morning everyone
People that have been to Nigeria high commission
London.
Please I have a question the requires urgent answer.
I asked someone to assist me in Authenticating my police clearance at the Nigeria high commission
London. I have already legalized it ministry of foreign affairs Abuja and now i need to authenticate it in Nigeria high commission London. Please how can the person get an appointment at the embassy.
He has called their numbers and no one is picking.
I urgently need help on how one can get appointment?
Or can the person just walk in with the document for Authentication without appointment?
Thank vou. I shall await vour response.

madamnwaokolo:

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by IbeOkehie: 5:15am On Mar 01
Nigerians in Nigeria Are Really Suffering !!!!

grin shocked grin

Good Luck to Nigeria!!!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:41am On Mar 02
Nigerian suffer in Nigeria more than any other place in the world

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.