Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering (75131 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Treadway: 8:09am On Jul 07, 2023
DeeBaDan:

To achieve all this in just two years is not the standard for judging the society. You better be careful. People won't tell you what exactly they do to make money but would want to stimulate your appetite to become a thief. If everyone could make this within this timeframe in UK, the whole world would be in UK by now.

The goal is consistent profitability and this can be built anywhere in the world
it was sarcasm. How could you not tell? Lol
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by DeeBaDan: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2023
Treadway:
it was sarcasm. How could you not tell? Lol

It had better be.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Treadway: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

Relax bro, I taught people LUA and others in uni at some point.
The revocation has Procedures and done for public good, provides for compensation as well under chapter 4 of the constitution.

It's done for political vendetta at times here because we are lawless. example is Wike of Rivers
I know whereof I speak. Don't wanna reveal too much.
the person wey you dey quote, no go ever gree. No waste your time. Both my grandparents houses, Governor never collect am. My own sef of 7 years as at this morning dem never collect am. The people wey dem demolish their properties wey I know, they received more than adequate compensation. His own kinsmen no see money do proper documentation, maybe that was why the governor seized theirs without any compensation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by VisaInfoNL: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2023
Treadway:
the person wey you dey quote, no go ever gree. No waste your time. Both my grandparents houses, Governor never collect am. My own sef of 7 years as at this morning dem never collect am. The people wey dem demolish their properties wey I know, they received more than adequate compensation. His own kinsmen no see money do proper documentation, maybe that was why the governor seized theirs without any compensation.

That's it bro.
He acts as if it's an everyday thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by grandstar(m): 9:26am On Jul 07, 2023
Princewill1:
Pride made UK to leave EU.

Now Brexit coupled with the global energy crisis caused by the war in Ukraine has really crippled UK's economy.

It was worse than pride: sheer stupidity!

The Tories were not even as pro-Brexit as they claimed. Cameron was shocked and devastated by the Brexit win.

Leaving the EU was akin to killing the goose that laid your golden eggs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by 004gist: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2023
[quote author=VisaInfoNL post=124264496][/quote]

Canada then USA.

But for easy entry UK first then from there to any of this countries... easy.
chances is 80-90%

but from Nigeria to any is slim even meeting their visa requirement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Chidolalar: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
abeg just leave dem,I know that as a serious person without much baggage ,you can make it in a first world country .leave doubters make dem dey doubt.The country wey I dey UK is more solid than it and I know how much I dey save

Pls which country u dey make I know d country wey I go make plans to go if I eventually travel comot for naija
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by EDOLUWA: 10:12am On Jul 07, 2023
The writer of this article is full of envy and is a natural enemy of progress. You must first experience a bit of suffering and setback anywhere you go in the world.

If you have the means to Japa you Better do so quickly because Naija is getting worse by the day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by wegevv: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2023
grandstar:

It was worse than pride: sheer stupidity!

The Tories were not even as pro-Brexit as they claimed. Cameron was shocked and devastated by the Brexit win.

Leaving the EU was akin to killing the goose that laid your golden eggs.

Tories were under some pressure from UKIP and Nigel Farage when Cameron was seeking re-election. Cameron decided to promise a referendum on EU because he viewed it as an easy way to appease the far right minority in his party that were clamouring for it. Many of them were only doing so because they feared losing their seats to UKIP. Surely the UK population would never vote to leave right lol

Unfortunately for them, Boris Johnson saw the referendum as an opportunity to boost his popularity among the far right conservatives to maybe one day become prime minister and suddenly it wasn’t just some far right movement.

Cameron was openly against leaving even though he was the one calling the referendum. If Brexit won he would be forced to resign, which he did. I doubt even Boris really wanted Brexit. It was just politician after politician climbing on the movement for their own personal ambition. In fact many of them did so because they believed it would never actually happen.

Just comical all round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by grandstar(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2023
wegevv:

Tories were under some pressure from UKIP and Nigel Farage when Cameron was seeking re-election. Cameron decided to promise a referendum on EU because he viewed it as an easy way to appease the far right minority in his party that were clamouring for it. Many of them were only doing so because they feared losing their seats to UKIP. Surely the UK population would never vote to leave right lol

Unfortunately for them, Boris Johnson saw the referendum as an opportunity to boost his popularity among the far right conservatives to maybe one day become prime minister and suddenly it wasn’t just some far right movement.

Cameron was openly against leaving even though he was the one calling the referendum. If Brexit won he would be forced to resign, which he did. I doubt even Boris really wanted Brexit. It was just politician after politician climbing on the movement for their own personal ambition. In fact many of them did so because they believed it would never actually happen.

Just comical all round.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by VisaInfoNL: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2023
004gist:

Canada then USA.

But for easy entry UK first then from there to any of this countries... easy.
chances is 80-90%

but from Nigeria to any is slim even meeting their visa requirement.

You seem to be very knowledgeable in this.

But people still enter the USA or Canada via student route steady naa.

Or you think it's easier to go and study in the UK, then move to Canada or USA afterwards?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Chidolalar: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
It is not normally a good idea to try to study abroad if you don't have a sponsor, particularly in the UK and the US.

In the UK, the school and home office won't look kindly on such a person if he/she fails to pay school fees.

Come on, that's why before giving you a student visa, they ask you to show them proof that you have enough money to pay school fees and take care of yourself for the duration of your study, you do that via showing them your PROOF OF FUNDS.

Now, you go and borrow money and show them and you come here and can't pay...they see it as fraud.

The truth is that it's not easy anywhere. I slept for 3hours today, it's 7.13am here and I'm already set to hit the road and reach my workplace before 8.00 am.

This oyibo people no dey hear excuses. So my dear, we're just pushing it.

But if you say you no wan push, NA BILLS GO PUSH THE PERSON LAS LAS!
But at least u are saving reasonable and considerable amount of money after paying bills for one month. And which country are u
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by emmaodet: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Goodluck with your Nigerian business. Not everyone is suited to do business. Even in super wealthy capitalist countries, not everyone does business.

Sure
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Love800(m): 11:25am On Jul 07, 2023
Sir. What abt cooking skill?
Reussite:
It depends on what you going for. It would be advisable if you dont have a job in the Medic or Tech industry waiting for you there....japa might not be a good decision especially if you have to sell your assets in Nigeria to raise money for the movement.
One should not just follow the crowd, because everyone is leaving I gats leave too...no. There should be a plan in place first before embarking on such.
Of course you cant compare the quality of life here and over there. The first year is always rough for most immigrants but by the second and following year, you will be good trust me.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Love800(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2023
Sir, what abt if one have a cooking skill, will it work over there?
IbeOkehie:

Those ones are all penniless & homeless, they don't even have enough money to buy plane ticket to return to Nigeria.

grin grin grin

But....it is well!

With 33% unemployment, how many Nigerian graduates even have a paycheck? And as for bills, well methinks the time of CHEAP government subsidized living without bills is slowly coming to an end in Nigeria. Loans for University, electricity tariffs increasing, fuel prices doubled with no rise in salary. And nobody is protesting or rioting, I guess everyone has learned the lessons of Occupy Nigeria in Jan 2012.

But....it is well. It will favor me and my family. grin grin grin

Good Luck to Nigeria!!!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by IbeOkehie: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

That's it bro.
He acts as if it's an everyday thing.

SangoOlukosoOba:

I own 6 properties in the US and know what plays!

LIVE EXAMPLE.....

This is happening RIGHT NOW in Lagos....

https://www.nairaland.com/7645230/oba-lateef-atanda-adams-seize/7

Could this happen in the USA where you own 6 houses?

I asked earlier if Nigeria is better or worse than 10 years ago. Just a general measure on any metric. Any of you mind answering?

I asked you earlier if you knew anyone who lost land to government. Any of you mind answering?

So you seem to know that government land seizure happens, it just isn't an EVERYDAY thing. Even if it happens ONCE, it's evidence that no individual owns land in Nigeria. THAT'S THE LAW.

When I was younger in Nigeria, I witnessed government taking land. This was during the IBB regime. A family lost their land when government decided to use it to build the local HQ of one of the political parties either SDP or NRC. I can still hear the women wailing as they were dragged off and flogged by soldiers. This happened at Eziama Obaire in Imo State. I'm sure that must have happened in many other places too.

I know 5 people in the USA, friends or family, whose lands were taken by government.

The other thing that's most important is that land "ownership" in Nigeria is very shaky. You say you own 6 houses in the USA. Did you EVER have an ownership or transaction dispute related to the land or house? I've never had a SINGLE case myself in the USA, but it has happened to my family in Nigeria.

I also know of several other people who have been enmeshed in land disputes in Nigeria. The reason is clear, individual land "ownership" in Nigeria has no legal basis. It's basically dog eat dog, whoever has the biggest access to government or able to hire the strongest thugs, wins the "case".

You can keep living in denial. Nobody owns land in Nigeria. That's the LAW. It's also an everyday reality.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Love800(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
Is starting a business easy in uk?

Am a cook and i have dis dream of using my skill to earn a living there.

CodeTemplar:
what's is the probability of being kidnapped by bandits for ransom.and killing the ransom deliverer in UK compared to Nigeria?
What the chance of an industry surviving a startup here and there?
Be honest and not bitter or emotional.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by IbeOkehie: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
Love800:

I've addressed this in some detail in the past. The short answer is YES, you can earn a very good living in the USA as a cook, especially if you're a business owner.

I started my life in the USA working illegally as a cook. Within 1 year working, I bought a nice car for cash and was living with a roommate in a 2bd 2bath apartment and started building a house in Nigeria. I also paid off the $1500 loan that my family borrowed to buy my ticket.

Back when I started the pay was ~$4/hr, today the same restaurant pays $11/hr, but rent for the same apartment has gone from $350 to $1200. The exchange rate was ₦‎4=1$. I've checked these numbers, they're accurate.

There's many Nigerians engaged in cooking and catering from their homes in the USA or at least in every city I've lived in. A few have actual stores or commercial kitchens. My family patronizes them once or twice a month. At least a couple of them have that as their only source of income and they seem to be doing OK.

I've explained all this in detail elsewhere. Sometimes I wish I could charter a plane and bring 200 people to live in the USA. I sincerely pity Nigerians...a country where earning $250 or $500 per month is a BIG DEAL. cry

Nigeria is just crappy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by CodeTemplar: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Love800:

same for ginuwa
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Mummyimbecile(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Chidolalar:

But at least u are saving reasonable and considerable amount of money after paying bills for one month. And which country are u
yeah bro, I am.

I'm based in the United States.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Love800(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tankz

That illegally you were working, were u doing it as an employed person in restaurant or as businessman?
IbeOkehie:

I've addressed this in some detail in the past. The short answer is YES, you can earn a very good living in the USA as a cook, especially if you're a business owner.

I started my life in the USA working illegally as a cook. Within 1 year working, I bought a nice car for cash and was living with a roommate in a 2bd 2bath apartment and started building a house in Nigeria. I also paid of the $1500 loan that my family borrowed to buy my ticket. Back when I started the pay was ~$4/hr, today the same restaurant pays $11/hr, but rent for the same apartment has gone from $350 to $1200. The exchange rate was ₦‎4=1$. I've checked these numbers, they're accurate.

There's many Nigerians engaged in cooking and catering from their homes in the USA or at least in every city I've lived in. A few have actual stores or commercial kitchens. My family patronizes them once or twice a month. At least a couple of them have that as their only source of income and they seem to be doing OK.

I've explained all this in detail elsewhere. Sometimes I wish I could just charter a plane and bring 200 people to the USA. I pity Nigerians...a country where earning $250 or $500 per month is a BIG DEAL. cry

Nigeria is just crappy.

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Love800(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Pls dont understand
CodeTemplar:
same for ginuwa
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Chidolalar: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
yeldey:

Thank you for this comment.

That's is exactly my plan when returning back to Naija as a multi millionaire after selling my house in Canada.

Hello sir please help your boy languishing in naija in any little way u can please.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Flets: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
DeeBaDan:

I keep asking why people would have to spend 10M Naira just to travel out when they can setup businesses with that figure and fork out up to 30M annually on a 10M investment.

It's the mentality, people don't want to invest in their country, but prefer to splash it on frivolous travel trips

Can you share just one opportunity that yields 30m from 10m annually

Have you successfully ran a business in Nigeria before?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by 004gist: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

You seem to be very knowledgeable in this.

But people still enter the USA or Canada via student route steady naa.

Or you think it's easier to go and study in the UK, then move to Canada or USA afterwards?

like I said its expensive that's why less Nigerians go through that rout.

As at 2022 those with 3m entered UK.

You can try US then let us know.

There is someone that used uk to enter US.

he paid his 15k fees then get to UK, reapply to US, get US then leave his fees of 15k to resume school in US

That's how hard it is

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by VisaInfoNL: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
004gist:

like I said its expensive that's why less Nigerians go through that rout.

As at 2022 those with 3m entered UK.

You can try US then let us know.

There is someone that used uk to enter US.

he paid his 15k fees then get to UK, reapply to US, get US then leave his fees of 15k to resume school in US

That's how hard it is
Nawao
I feel like he should have waited to finish the UK studies.

Thanks for your input bro.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by PeggySandas(f): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
pansophist:
Choose your poison guys.

Either go to other countries where you may spend a year learning the language and integrate, but your life will be easy from then onwards. Or enter the UK because of English, then suffer permanently.

Which country do you suggest bro?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by gtassure: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
udede:
you can reach me by my digits on my signature
Nonsense @
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by 004gist: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

Nawao
I feel like he should have waited to finish the UK studies.

Thanks for your input bro.

yes bro.
those swt western countries ( US, Canada, Germany, Australia, UK) it's not easy only now that UK open their border.

That's why u see people selling their houses, properties, lands at give away price just to raise money to enter before they close the gate again.

grin Naija na prison

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by olril17(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I respect you for this statement, na update wey some people no know.u legit
bro. U don finally japaa😁
That’s good
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Chidolalar: 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
yeah bro, I am.

I'm based in the United States.

Ok can u disclose or give a clue of d amount u make at d end of d month after paying your bills. But if u can't den no problem
And again please sir can u send your boy any little amount. Peace.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by DeeBaDan: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Flets:

Can you share just one opportunity that yields 30m from 10m annually

Have you successfully ran a business in Nigeria before?

I have. I have run many infact my core specialty used to be setting up businesses for people from scratch and get paid for my services after building it. But after people don't pay for my services, I stopped.

There are many businesses that would yield 300% anually find a business consultant, you'll be adviced based in factors like risk exposure, interests, capital etc

I'm not asking for this o before the evil people on this forum will come with their toxicness. Businesses dey naija Wella. That's why I didn't port

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.