Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering (75129 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by sammyonal: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2023
I feel like wiping that op apola or 2by2. U never travel before and all u say is Ur friend in the UK say this say that. I keep on telling people that we don't like ourselves in this country, don't discourage people about a country or place, leave them let them explore. If they re okay they will stay if they re not they will there back home. No be everybody go make am for this country, some people re destined to make it outside the shores of this country. SInce I got my ass out of naija I ve never regretted it, the only advice I give people is come legally and be documented every other things plays out good for u. God help us and order our steps.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Nahunger(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2023
Ray07:
But Japan the really try. I read online that it the strongest passport in the world now.

A country blessed with harding working citizens and rich culture.

As in ehn, I love that country, no much bad news on media, no much lgbtqwxyz rubbish and their women are very faithful.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Nahunger(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2023
tollyboy5:

Your talking jargons.

Yes, cause your brain is in a 2kb per second processing
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by DeeBaDan: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2023
sammyonal:
I feel like wiping that op apola or 2by2. U never travel before and all u say is Ur friend in the UK say this say that. I keep on telling people that we don't like ourselves in this country, don't discourage people about a country or place, leave them let them explore. If they re okay they will stay if they re not they will there back home. No be everybody go make am for this country, some people re destined to make it outside the shores of this country. SInce I got my ass out of naija I ve never regretted it, the only advice I give people is come legally and be documented every other things plays out good for u. God help us and order our steps.

Brother na which country you dey and how the naija population there ?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by SocialJustice: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2023
Babssoo:
leave them na, if dem wan stay for their naija make dem do, I no even know those people wey dey complain say uk one thing, one thing… I have been here in London for 4years now, na so so thanks I dey give GOD every day… The best decision I ever made.
Na witchcraft, day light witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Firefunmi2014: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2023
KingKO22:
No place like home
Increase the volume

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Ray07(m): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2023
Nahunger:

As in ehn, I love that country, no much bad news on media, no much lgbtqwxyz rubbish and their women are very faithful.
you have said it all. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
The japa dey one kind. Why sell your properties in Nigeria for study visa. If you could not get a job directly from Nigeria as a nurse, auditor, doctor or tech person. You should have known that getting job after studying wont be easy. But with economic instability, banditry and kidnapping. Many took the risk and you cant blame them. Few have been able to get good jobs while others do care work, security etc after studying. But now that bringing dependant is banned there will be more opportunities for those already there. Last last to each their own. Make everyone mind their business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by lokoventurex1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
You guys should stop saying rubbish. As expensive as UK is, it's 100 times better than the uncertainties in Nigeria. Shey the business I do in Nigeria in the last three years that I get scared every now and then is worth it abi ? Even with Schooling and paying your bills, guys are still doing fine. There's no how you won't be fine if you can work in any country. So far you can work anywhere, you will be fine.

As per those selling their properties in Nigeria to fund their travelling, leave them. They know what they're doing. As for those leaving their good Jobs here, they also know what they're doing. You think they didn't do their calculations well? My Uncle borrowed money to fund his studies at Sheffield Hallam last year, he's paid all he borrowed and his wife has joined him. All within one year. My friend in London as a Carer is doing very fine with his wife, in fact his first son has joined him and the wife has birthed another child this past April( they're both carer). We should stop discouraging others, it is wickedness of the highest order! My Friend and Uncle have never discouraged me, instead they kept encouraging I should come.

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by 1Sharon(f): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
They tried to tell you guys but you equated Europe to heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Kenn55: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
quadraheem:
Unfortunately, a lot of people have sold out all their entire lives(homes and businesses) here in Nigeria before they move abroad.
God willing, Nigeria shall be great again!

Sometimes I don't really blame people who sold properties to travel. Some of them Nigeria has happened to them. When Nigeria happens to you, it can radicalize your thinking.

A guy in my former estate spent a month during this past Christmas period in the hospital, what happened? His wife was driving him in his car while he was making a business call, he didn't realize when they were passing an army checkpoint when a soldier saw him making a call. They pulled him out of the car, collected his iPhone and smashed it on the floor. He asked them what his offense was and that was it. They beat him blue black, took him to their barrack for days and tortured him. The wife called everyone she knows in this life for help but none came, even the police didn't want to get involved as they don't want army wahala.
When he was later released, he spent a month in hospital escaping death by the whiskers.

There was no investigation, justice, compensation, nothing. The guy nearly died just like that in the hands of the state. Is there any law that forbids someone making a call cos they are passing police or army roadblocks?

When he recovered, the wife told him it is time to relocate abroad. They inquired and decided on the UK. He sold some of his assets to fund the move. They are in the UK now

Some of these people who sell their properties to move abroad don't do it with a clear eyes, some do it in reaction to something that had happened to them that radically changed their thinking.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by eepeepook: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
An attention seeking topic. Looking at OP’s topic to comment ratio shows all he does is crave to make front page one day.

All the guys I know who traveled out are doing well. The ones whose only skill was Yahoo yahoo were forced to do something legitimate after a while. They are better off today.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kenn55:

Sometimes I don't really blame people who sold properties to travel. Some of them Nigeria has happened to them. When Nigeria happens to you, it can radicalize your thinking.

A guy in my former estate spent a month during this past Christmas period in the hospital, what happened? His wife was driving him in his car while he was making a business call, he didn't realize when they were passing an army checkpoint when a soldier saw him making a call. They pulled him out of the car, collected his iPhone and smashed it on the floor. He asked them what his offense was and that was it. They beat him blue black, took him to their barrack for days and tortured him. The wife called everyone she knows in this life for help but none came, even the police didn't want to get involved as they don't want army wahala.
When he was later released, he spent a month in hospital escaping death by the whiskers.

There was no investigation, justice, compensation, nothing. The guy nearly died just like that in the hands of the state. Is there any law that forbids someone making a call cos they are passing police or army roadblocks?

When he recovered, the wife told him it is time to relocate abroad. They inquired and decided on the UK. He sold some of his assets to fund the move. They are in the UK now

Some of these people who sell their properties to move abroad don't do it with a clear eyes, some do it in reaction to something that had happened to them that radically changed their thinking.

What a terrible story. Such incidents are very common. 20th October of 2020 was it for me with regards to Nigeria.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2023
udede:
There is something I may never understand about you guys that travel for greener pastures abroad , this is because with $1000 i can easily make $100 daily here in Nigeria
abeg give links to make it.thanks.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by genkins(m): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
udede:
There is something I may never understand about you guys that travel for greener pastures abroad , this is because with $1000 i can easily make $100 daily here in Nigeria

How?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by udede(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
genkins:

How?
AI ie atficiai intelligence is now incorporated into Forex trading so that you don't lose again. Its as simple as that and I'm a witness, you can make the 10% your capital daily very easily.

Do you know what that means ?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by udede(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
abeg give links to make it.thanks.
AI ie atficiai intelligence is now incorporated into Forex trading so that you don't lose again. Its as simple as that and I'm a witness, you can make the 10% your capital daily very easily.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by genkins(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
udede:

Do you know what that means ?

The same forex robot trading that finished my guys money last year.thank god I don't fall for things like that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by udede(m): 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
genkins:

The same forex robot trading that finished my guys money last year.thank god I don't fall for things like that.
this time it's artificial intelligence and if you should check well, you will know that there are no stories there
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Biola67: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
If you have made up your mind to travel out just note that nobody is stopping you and that nowhere is a safe heaven.
Simple question dem ask you, when are you coming back?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Nahunger(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ray07:
you have said it all. wink

As in why I should skip Japan for USA or UK, when I can live in peace and earn a descent living too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by genkins(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
udede:
this time it's artificial intelligence and if you should check well, you will know that there are no stories there

Robot is AI.thanks I'll pass

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by DeeBaDan: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2023
genkins:

Robot is AI.thanks I'll pass

Look into mirror trading. It's highly successful and not like the regular bots trading

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
udede:
kk my colleague at work is making like 100 dollars weekly from it and has been telling me about it.thanks.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
Biola67:

Simple question dem ask you, when are you coming back?
if you had gone through my writeup properly you would know that I didn't criticise living abroad.I actually wished all the best for Japarians .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
eepeepook:
An attention seeking topic. Looking at OP’s topic to comment ratio shows all he does is crave to make front page one day.

All the guys I know who traveled out are doing well. The ones whose only skill was Yahoo yahoo were forced to do something legitimate after a while. They are better off today.
Always try and be decent in a discuss.you can make your point without sounding like portable.counter the points I made.Is inflation not up in uk or did they not just increase the interest rates?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Thank you. Most of them don't have 12m to relocate. If they do, they won't cry here. I have relocated thrice within Nigeria and the first few months weren't easy but the long run was superb. They are just Jealous of progress.
meetme01:
I don't understand why people believe students are suffering in the UK

Let me explain things to you. The only way you will suffer is if you are lazy, doing a course with no progression and those without plans.. A nurse, social worker etc will never suffer because immediately they become registered, Canada, Australia and US, will give them that edge in becoming same in their countries.

I know of nurses who are now registered in 4 countries..UK, US, Nigeria and Canada. They may decide to work in any of the continent. UK is the shortest route to achieve the registration. I also know know of social workers registered I'm UK, Canada and NIgeria due to their UK registration.

Also, go and check the salary of these profession in these countries. How much is the salary of a nurse or social worker compared to that of Nigeria. You pay taxes because that's a sane country. We are used free things and not paying taxes here and we complain the government is not doing anything. That's the difference. Poverty mentality.

Someone even brought politics to the discussion. When last did you read UK citizens compliant about an election and go to court. There politics differ from US. Politicians do there things and if you fail, you are removed. Can that happen in Nigeria? A country where the father is the governor. Son in Senate and daughter in house of rep. Other siblings in the house of Assembly. Can you complain? I dare you to. In saner climes, when you revolt, action is taken. Not here. You will shot and killed.

You think everyone like noise like others. Some of us are introverts, we love our space. The loneliness is all over the world especially in sane countries except you live around your country men. Mind your business is all around. In Nigeria, we pokenose too much. That's our way of life. Some are not used to that lifestyle at all but they have no choice.

Don't just assume. You don't expect to start big when you get to a country. You learn through the ropes. Here, you will be at denial stage. As soon as you get your certificate, you smile to work and bank. You start enjoying life.

Even the work in Nigeria are given to their children and spouses while the poor continue to use SSCE to apply for jobs despite having Masters. See, Nigeria is not working at the moment and leaving the country for a better life should not be anyone's concern. If anyone decides to sell their property, so be it. They worked hard for it and if they ain't lazy in their new destination, they will build a better one. I have season level 13 and 15 officer leave the shores of the country.

Imagine a level 15 officer earning less than 250K. Having P.hD and cannot use it for career progression at the Agency. Does that make sense to you. Which is downgrading - working in your country with meagre salary and having highest educational qualification which cannot be used and working in a another country where the salary is worth your highest certificate and pay taxes while you enjoy benefits of the taxes?

Don't envy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
Don't mind these haters. I have more than 10 friends in England. Family members in Scotland they are all doing well. No where is easy. How many of these haters can save 300k monthly in Nigeria?. Those who don't have money are always screaming invest in Nigeria. When you give them 2m they can't do anything reasonable with it.
If you have money please leave.
G12:
Is it the same UK 2 of my friends relocated to towards the end of last year and have already bought cars and thinking of moving their siblings or another?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by sammyonal: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2023
Which country I wan dey before! God's own country, Virginia to be precise.
DeeBaDan:

Brother na which country you dey and how the naija population there ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by sammyonal: 10:16am On Jun 24, 2023
Bro thank u very much, it's that discouragement i hate the most. Nigerians and bad belle too much for that country, they re even doing it here in the us. Let people do whatever pleases them.
lokoventurex1:
You guys should stop saying rubbish. As expensive as UK is, it's 100 times better than the uncertainties in Nigeria. Shey the business I do in Nigeria in the last three years that I get scared every now and then is worth it abi ? Even with Schooling and paying your bills, guys are still doing fine. There's no how you won't be fine if you can work in any country. So far you can work anywhere, you will be fine.

As per those selling their properties in Nigeria to fund their travelling, leave them. They know what they're doing. As for those leaving their good Jobs here, they also know what they're doing. You think they didn't do their calculations well? My Uncle borrowed money to fund his studies at Sheffield Hallam last year, he's paid all he borrowed and his wife has joined him. All within one year. My friend in London as a Carer is doing very fine with his wife, in fact his first son has joined him and the wife has birthed another child this past April( they're both carer). We should stop discouraging others, it is wickedness of the highest order! My Friend and Uncle have never discouraged me, instead they kept encouraging I should come.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by sammyonal: 10:28am On Jun 24, 2023
U see the most annoying thing is that they will tell u that the money u want to use to japa use am do business as if nah everybody get orientation for business.
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Don't mind these haters. I have more than 10 friends in England. Family members in Scotland they are all doing well. No where is easy. How many of these haters can save 300k monthly in Nigeria?. Those who don't have money are always screaming invest in Nigeria. When you give them 2m they can't do anything reasonable with it.
If you have money please leave.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2023
Business is not even easy to do in Nigeria. If you require light just forget it. Diesel will consume your profits. Anyone with money should move.
sammyonal:
U see the most annoying thing is that they will tell u that the money u want to use to japa use am do business as if nah everybody get orientation for business.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.