Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering (75126 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 5:40am On Jun 23, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

That shiit hurts my soul when I hear about it. It’s the height of stupidity.

Trade your asset for an unknown future? You could have just sold the house in Nigeria and start a good business.
That is what most of them did.so unwise

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:48am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
That is what most of them did.do unwise

I don’t want to believe most did, cos I cannot back it up with verified statistics. But if it’s true, then it’s really sad.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Reelz: 6:00am On Jun 23, 2023
if you're frustrated come back home.. some got better jobs over there n are comfortable. so deal with it..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Reflect7: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:

I didn't bother replying him.I have very close people in the UK presently and they are feeling the pain.I want the best for them and won't be happy if things ain't going well for them. He was just spewing rubbish with a lot of curse words shows how poor his parental upbringing is.

Don't mind him. Look, I always tell Nigerians who have money to Japa, to use that money and start a business in Nigeria.

Because it will only hit you when you are in that London, working in one useless odd job like security, where one small girl that is maybe a secretary will be talking to you anyhow. Looking down on you. Seeing you as the lowest of the low in society.

You will look at yourself and say ''bro..was this really worth it? Look at a whole me taking insult from this small girl when I could have been an EMPLOYER in my country? Or could have become a senior banker?''

Because after a month or two in the UK, all those things that you admired like constant light, good roads, etc, will be no big deal to you.

You will even miss your generator in Naija.

At least when you come out to start gen, you will see people outside that you can chat with for some time before heading back in. Or a small boy that you can send to buy you akara or beer down the road.

In UK nothing like that. You are on your own.

No house-help o.

Even your wife go send you make you go wash plate.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by SocialJustice: 6:43am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
UK Japa is not what most people that have travelled to UK were expecting.Things are really tough for most Nigerians in UK.some of them that passed through the student route have to cough out several millions of naira to pay the school fees and will have to work extra hard to achieve this.you see them crying in the night that God please help me through.
Most goods and services have gone up times 5 in UK and with the recent increase in the interest rate over there it seems there won't be a breather yet.
On the flip side most Nigerians that migrated are doing it for their kids future and we hope things get better with time.
You dey by their side for night when them dey cry? 😂 More Nigerians are coming to the UK and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Witchcraft practitioner, once una use ladder climb finish, na to scatter am make others no fit use am. Nonsense!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by SleekyP(m): 6:45am On Jun 23, 2023
Reflect7:

Don't mind him. Look, I always tell Nigerians who have money to Japa, to use that money and start a business in Nigeria.

Because it will only hit you when you are in that London, working in one useless odd job like security, where one small girl that is maybe a secretary will be talking to you anyhow. Looking down on you. Seeing you as the lowest of the low in society.

You will look at yourself and say ''bro..was this really worth it? Look at a whole me taking insult from this small girl when I could have been an EMPLOYER in my country? Or could have become a senior banker?''

Because after a month or two in the UK, all those things that you admired like constant light, good roads, etc, will be no big deal to you.

At least when you come out to start gen, you will see people outside that you can chat with for some time before heading back in. Or a small boy that you can send to buy you akara or beer down the road.

No house-help o.

Even your wife go send you make you go wash plate.

You nailed it……I travel for hols grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 6:49am On Jun 23, 2023
Reflect7:

No house-help o.

Even your wife go send you make you go wash plate.lol so true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by juman(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2023
If you are doing well here in nigeria, dont travel abroad. You will most likely regret it.
Dont sell your business and properties to face life of unknown in abroad. You will cry.

Nigeria is a good place to live.
You can make money more easily in nigeria.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by meetme01: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2023
I don't understand why people believe students are suffering in the UK

Let me explain things to you. The only way you will suffer is if you are lazy, doing a course with no progression and those without plans.. A nurse, social worker etc will never suffer because immediately they become registered, Canada, Australia and US, will give them that edge in becoming same in their countries.

I know of nurses who are now registered in 4 countries..UK, US, Nigeria and Canada. They may decide to work in any of the continent. UK is the shortest route to achieve the registration. I also know know of social workers registered I'm UK, Canada and NIgeria due to their UK registration.

Also, go and check the salary of these profession in these countries. How much is the salary of a nurse or social worker compared to that of Nigeria. You pay taxes because that's a sane country. We are used free things and not paying taxes here and we complain the government is not doing anything. That's the difference. Poverty mentality.

Someone even brought politics to the discussion. When last did you read UK citizens compliant about an election and go to court. There politics differ from US. Politicians do there things and if you fail, you are removed. Can that happen in Nigeria? A country where the father is the governor. Son in Senate and daughter in house of rep. Other siblings in the house of Assembly. Can you complain? I dare you to. In saner climes, when you revolt, action is taken. Not here. You will shot and killed.

You think everyone like noise like others. Some of us are introverts, we love our space. The loneliness is all over the world especially in sane countries except you live around your country men. Mind your business is all around. In Nigeria, we pokenose too much. That's our way of life. Some are not used to that lifestyle at all but they have no choice.

Don't just assume. You don't expect to start big when you get to a country. You learn through the ropes. Here, you will be at denial stage. As soon as you get your certificate, you smile to work and bank. You start enjoying life.

Even the work in Nigeria are given to their children and spouses while the poor continue to use SSCE to apply for jobs despite having Masters. See, Nigeria is not working at the moment and leaving the country for a better life should not be anyone's concern. If anyone decides to sell their property, so be it. They worked hard for it and if they ain't lazy in their new destination, they will build a better one. I have season level 13 and 15 officer leave the shores of the country.

Imagine a level 15 officer earning less than 250K. Having P.hD and cannot use it for career progression at the Agency. Does that make sense to you. Which is downgrading - working in your country with meagre salary and having highest educational qualification which cannot be used and working in a another country where the salary is worth your highest certificate and pay taxes while you enjoy benefits of the taxes?

Don't envy.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by udede(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2023
There is something I may never understand about you guys that travel for greener pastures abroad , this is because with $1000 i can easily make $100 daily here in Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Martinsmine(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2023
Feel free to die their
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by michlins(m): 7:38am On Jun 23, 2023
Same UK a friend who is a former miss nairaland travelled to few years ago. She has visited almost all the countries in this world as a tourist. Una love lies is all I know

28 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by emperor4love(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2023
It was dubai now is u.k, Nigeria nd Complain,com bck here mk u com get constant electricity with high price of fuel and commodity with unemployment nd 30k minimum wage

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Chibuezem(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
UK Japa is not what most people that have travelled to UK were expecting.Things are really tough for most Nigerians in UK.some of them that passed through the student route have to cough out several millions of naira to pay the school fees and will have to work extra hard to achieve this.you see them crying in the night that God please help me through.
Most goods and services have gone up times 5 in UK and with the recent increase in the interest rate over there it seems there won't be a breather yet.
On the flip side most Nigerians that migrated are doing it for their kids future and we hope things get better with time.
I laff in swahili, your post won't stop us from leaving this country to places where our talent, skill and works are appreciated.... Imagine paying a house officer 185k with fuel subsidy out of the way when their colleagues in other countries earn 4x than that.... The only thing Nigeria is good for is simply flexing and building house where you provide your own social amenities...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 8:23am On Jun 23, 2023
Chibuezem:
I laff in swahili, your post won't stop us from leaving this country to places where our talent, skill and works are appreciated.... Imagine paying a house officer 185k with fuel subsidy out of the way when their colleagues in other countries earn 4x than that.... The only thing Nigeria is good for is simply flexing and building house where you provide your own social amenities...
please do.Experience is the best teacher and I wish you well.I have alot of close ones in the UK and I wish all of them to succeed though the stories I am getting from them is not palatable.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by candygist: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2023
KingKO22:
No place like home

Even the home is not sure for you. A country where Lagos is the only business hub. A place where Igbo and Yoruba can't stay in peace. How is that home ?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Ex0rrcist: 8:38am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
The white man is intelligent and will always make profit .Those menial jobs it's citizens refused to do they opened the floodgates for other citizens to come and do and still make profit off it.
This is not entirely true, indigenes also do some of this jobs. They have poor citizens too, Indias are making wave in the west, heading big techs, being part of government, does that make them smarter than whites? Or does it mean there own country is getting better off of it? Things are not always black and white.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by DeeBaDan: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2023
Don't take the op seriously

One moment we writes like he's in UK, the next minute, I have people in UK

I hope everyone knows over 85% of Nigerians are malnourished and don't eat the right daily nutritional requirements?

Abeg, did Londoners complain to you? Let's leave people to be in their lanes please

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2023
Thortp:
https://www.nairaland.com/7666018/nigerians-abroad-remitted-168bn-eight#122755749
can you also find out how much Nigerians payed for school fees in uk

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Don't take the op seriously

One moment we writes like he's in UK, the next minute, I have people in UK

I hope everyone knows over 85% of Nigerians are malnourished and don't eat the right daily nutritional requirements?

Abeg, did Londoners complain to you? Let's leave people to be in their lanes please
yes they did even this morning and the person told me point blank that they are suffering and it will be worse with this recent interest rate increase.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 8:48am On Jun 23, 2023
Ex0rrcist:

This is not entirely true, indigenes also do some of this jobs. They have poor citizens too, Indias are making wave in the west, heading big techs, being part of government, does that make them smarter than whites? Or does it mean there own country is getting better off of it? Things are not always black and white.
but you know majority of the white dudes won't do those menial jobs immigrants are doing.They prefer frolicking round the world touring many countries and visiting and enjoying themselves watching soccer matches in the stadium.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Ray07(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2023
Nahunger:

You want to leave Nigeria and you didn't see better places to go you chose UK and I bet your second choice was USA, a place you will constantly suffer discrimination etc, what happened to china, Japan, Canada or Australia with better opportunities, long throat carry you go UK, if e too hard come back home and enjoy with us since you think life is better here compared to UK.
But Japan the really try. I read online that it the strongest passport in the world now.

A country blessed with harding working citizens and rich culture.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by G12(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2023
Is it the same UK 2 of my friends relocated to towards the end of last year and have already bought cars and thinking of moving their siblings or another?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Babssoo(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2023
SocialJustice:
You dey by their side for night when them dey cry? 😂 More Nigerians are coming to the UK and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Witchcraft practitioner, once una use ladder climb finish, na to scatter am make others no fit use am. Nonsense!
leave them na, if dem wan stay for their naija make dem do, I no even know those people wey dey complain say uk one thing, one thing… I have been here in London for 4years now, na so so thanks I dey give GOD every day… The best decision I ever made.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by DeeBaDan: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2023
Babssoo:
leave them na, if dem wan stay for their naija make dem do, I no even know those people wey dey complain say uk one thing, one thing… I have been here in London for 4years now, na so so thanks I dey give GOD every day… The best decision I ever made.

I honestly don't see why any Nigerian in UK should complain. I don't. I expect any Nigerian in UK to work. And that it should only be a lazy person that would complain.

Reason being opportunities should be available across diverse levels of the society even the semi skilled to unskilled

I don't know how a Nigerian should not earn between 700 and 2,000 pounds per month and to be, this is well something better than being here earning 150k per month. This is irrespective of taxes and the likes

700 pounds x 1,000 Naira = 700,000 Naira

Monthly Expenses since they say UK is expensive according to resports we get = 450,000 Naira per month

Balance after deductions 700,000 Naira minus 450,000 Naira= 250,000 Naira. This is for the low skilled according to my eye economics o

Even at this, it's better than here. Nigerian companies hardly pay this sum

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
exactly lol
British citizens cannot do most of the odd jobs that african immigrants are doing.Some of the african immigrants have never done most oc the odd jobs they do abroad.They are motivated to do those jobs because of the foreign currency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by soccerlite: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2023
Are nigerians in nigeria enjoying?

slowpoke post

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Sweetvie: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2023
guobe:
True tho'🤔

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by justwise(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2023
Revolution2022:
British citizens cannot do most of the odd jobs that african immigrants are doing
.Some of the african immigrants have never done most oc the odd jobs they do abroad.They are motivated to do those jobs because of the foreign currency.

You are lying to yourself and ignorant ones here

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.