Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,539 members, 7,837,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

People Are Suffering. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Are Suffering. (56166 Views)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2023
HateBigots:
Elections have consequences, you get what you vote for grin grin

Atiku and Obi were both saying subsidy should go too....

Elections have consequences, but on the subsidy matter, we had reached point zero. It did not matter who we elected (and no, I still wish we voted APC out, completely)...the subsidy was becoming unsustainable. We were paying a large chunk of our revenue with borrowed money on top for the thing.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Joshua62: 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
God Bless you.

I dont know of any food crisis here abi another UK dey?
DeeBaDan:

Are you in UK currently ?

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by koxi: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
That country is a MESS!!

A nation in reverse gear…

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Yoighaman(m): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You are even going too far.

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?

So Uncle should not drink his beer because you send him money? shocked

Whether you send him money or not, he will drink his beer. If he nor buy, dem go buy for am.

Na you know which kin work you dey do abroad, "round the clock" that you don't have time to drink beer, like say na only you go first stay abroad.

Abeg, rest my bro.

One love.

20 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Kylekent59: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
You bought fuel #165 and you earned 30k in 2017

You still bought fuel #200 and you still earned 30k in 2020

You now buy fuel #550 and you are still earning 30k in 2023 till date...

Nigeria is hell...

Very unfair.

Even I that earn #970k a month am complaining, talk more of someone earning #30k

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Angelfrost(m): 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
Killermamba:
as how? Prices of things went up, but salary remained the same. How do you adjust to that

You drastically cut all living expenses...! No more luxuries! And get extra income streams!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by DEBOLABI: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Cassandraloius:
God bless your heart.
We all know the world is cruel, you might decide to help someone and they'll use it and kill you, some will envy you, but those that value and want the best for you, it's those people you should help.

[i][/i][/b][b][b][/b]

Kindly check my profile. smiley
Re: People Are Suffering. by Khafsun: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
Did he say it's only in Abuja? Is Abuja the only place in Nigeria? And the area matters too. As it is in Abuja, that's how it'll be in other places. I think Abuja should even be better sef, in some cases. Planning on going there soon sef.

Or where would you advise your friend to go instead? Oyo? Ebonyi? Lagos? Kebbi? Gombe? Or where? Or will you tell him to remain where he is and not come back?
The point he was trying to make is that he shouldn't come to Nigeria
Re: People Are Suffering. by HateBigots: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

Atiku and Obi were both saying subsidy should go too....

Elections have consequences, but on the subsidy matter, we had reached point zero. It did not matter who we elected (and no, I still wish we voted APC out, completely)...the subsidy was becoming unsustainable. We were paying a large chunk of our revenue with borrowed money on top for the thing.
Removing the same subsidy he protested against without a plan for the poor masses is evil and wickedness.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kylekent59:
You bought fuel #165 and you earned 30k in 2017

You still bought fuel #200 and you still earned 30k in 2020

You now buy fuel #550 and you are still earning 30k in 2023 till date...

Nigeria is hell...

Very unfair.

Even I that earn #970k a month am complaining, talk more of someone earning #30k

In fairness, a guy earning 30 k is not likely to own a car or a generator.

4 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
HateBigots:

Removing the same subsidy he protested against without a plan for the poor masses is evil and wickedness.

Maybe, but have you heard the latest report from the debt management office?

We are all borrowed up. To the point that taking another loan would be really really bad for the economy.

Years of using oil for everything led us here.

Anyway, let's see what Tinubu has. In fairness, one month is not enough to have palliatives in line. But even if Obi won, the same thing would have happened. Money was budgeted for subsidy till the end of June, and I doubt we are earning enough right now to pay for even one month more of subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Chummynoni(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
People are suffering

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by OperationalVehi: 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
The reality will hit all soon
Re: People Are Suffering. by Kukutenla: 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

If what you have described above is suffering then you can never cope in Lagos from 1985 to 1998 niyen.

You are indeed the privileged generation who can buy phones, data and still come on Nairaland to while away time and even insult, cyberbully anyone who types a contrary opinion when you should be on a site carrying ponpon and embracing real VIRTUE of hardwork!

In your generation, someone who is suffering is someone who will rather beg for food and trek rather than give off social media. Nonsense and ingredient! You guys will be alright o las las because the era of lazy youth is gone! Asiwaju will not even call you lazy, he will force you to think , work and create solution to real social problems in exchange for money.
As he's forcing you to think, work and create solutions like FreeStuffsNG abi tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by obi4eze(m): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Courtesy Bala blu yet Tinubu boys on this forum say he is doing very well.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Treadway: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Op leave story. East to West, North to South, I have found one thing rings true... Nigerians and suffering have a love-hate relationship. They say they hate it, but they actually love it.. Make everybody face front and bear him papa name abeg!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by chukiz(m): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
Work according to the condition of the country and you will be fine.

Bad condition abi
Re: People Are Suffering. by Georgejeez: 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
emmycourage1:
Please I need a job within Abuja. Any kind of job I have result but it's not about it right now. 09150425084 my number Incase someone wants to help

U still de Abuja ?
Better return to Village go do farmwork

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Kukutenla: 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
ukaface:
The people suffering are those that voted PO
BATIANS Dey flex life
You're very correct. They are all looking fresh like agbado

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by talented321: 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sure you got my point, when i got to one stage in life i gat stop blaming govt and work for myself afterall others are surviving.
Because the country has been messed up and you are the one to change you lifestyle to patner the new system of the country.
Birdbyrde440:

Nigerians are not that smart.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You are even going too far.

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?
stop generalizing

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Goalnaldo(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
"people who elect corrupt leaders are not victims but accomplices."

5 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Birdbyrde440: 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
Sure you got my point, when i got to one stage in life i gat stop blaming govt and work for myself afterall others are surviving.
Because the country has been messed up and you are the one to change you lifestyle to patner the new system of the country.

True and also use it to create wealth by knowing when to move from one asset to another.

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by matm: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
seguno2:

When the people of the abroad told them to think well before voting for more suffering continuity, did they listen?

APC govt continues.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by InvertedHammer: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
/
You can only save those who want to save themselves otherwise you are reinforcing laziness.

Is there anytime Nigerians are not suffering? It doesn't help that the OP believes that family members abroad are doing better. Each place has its multiple challenges.

/

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by sixtuso(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
Nigerians get poorer year-in-year-out. Religion, Ethnicity and above all TRIBALISM is why they'd be poorer Nigerians moving forward.

I pity no Nigerian. I only help out whenever I feel the need to because too many out there are very evil.
Let them keep holding the Igbos down. Let them continue to rule North and West.

4 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Caliph97: 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Omo which kain brain dey ur head
Tinububalls:
Only the Igbos are suffering, that tribe dem go see shege for this renewed hope.

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by talented321: 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
As some are complaining, some are building houses, some are living fine and vice versa.
It is your mindset if you don't understand what i wrote
chukiz:

Bad condition abi

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by matm: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
pray for Nigeria in distress
Re: People Are Suffering. by talented321: 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
You sharp, i swear.
Birdbyrde440:

True and also use it to create wealth by knowing when to move from one asset to another.
Re: People Are Suffering. by Asswipemod: 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
seguno2:

When the people of the abroad told them to think well before voting for more suffering continuity, did they listen?

You talk as if Obi has a magic wand to change everything overnight. The bloke made it clear that he was going to remove subsidy immediately if he won the seat. If it was Obi we have as president, what is happening now will be the same. Let's not be ignorantly emotional here.

9 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
Na lie! Nobody dey suffer for Nigeria!!!!
No create panic abeg!!!
If I enter filling station, na 200 Naira per litre Dem they sell to me. I dey pay 150 Naira for spaghetti, 100 Naira for Peak milk, my children dey pay 5K as school fees, I dey buy cement for 1,500 Naira.
I dey enjoy 24 hours of electricity at 25 Naira per unit, my siblings whey just finish NYSC, Dem don get better jobs.
My own business self dey boom.
Wetin come remain?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Caught, Beaten To Pulp For Peeping At Neighbour's Wife / My Grandmum Was An Idol Worshiper, Now This Is Happening To Me, Please Help! / *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.