Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

People Are Suffering. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Are Suffering. (55997 Views)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Suffering. by Fromhome: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinububalls:
Only the Igbos are suffering, that tribe dem go see shege for this renewed hope.
We don't need people like you in this country. We need peaceful, loving and caring people!

3 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Gbogbowa: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
And those living abroad, who will reach out to them or you think it's all bed of roses for them?

With all the natural disasters happening around the world daily, how many of our people have reached out to their relatives abroad just to check on them and ask how they are surviving?

All Nigerians do everyday is expect everyone else to pity them when they themselves don't have any atom of empathy for anyone else.

There's suffering everywhere and I advocate that people lend helping hands to each other but don't just single out those living abroad because they themselves are also facing hardship too.

People at home are even better off because they have villages to run to and arable lands to cultivate in the event of extreme hardship unlike people abroad who become homeless so easily.my brother stop all this Nigerian are really suffering even my friend in south Africa is sending money home,I met many begger s daily even people owing me I find it difficult to ask them because I can see the suffering
Re: People Are Suffering. by DeeBaDan: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
IVORY2009:

United Kingdom is even wrost than Nigeria, in terms of food crisis

Are you in UK currently ?

5 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by tellwisdom: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Some Nigerians give only when the camera is on.

9 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Benwems(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You are even going too far.

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?

People in Nigeria can’t work overtime to earn more cash.

5 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Kendo93: 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinububalls:
Only the Igbos are suffering, that tribe dem go see shege for this renewed hope.
cheesy cheesy you said undecided
Re: People Are Suffering. by ukaface(f): 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
The people suffering are those that voted PO
BATIANS Dey flex life

8 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Shikini: 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sad
Re: People Are Suffering. by DeeBaDan: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2023
Leebeedo:
@ OP, I live overseas and best believe, I work round the clock to make ends meet because of responsibilities from family and friends
in Nigeria. I used to be a university lecturer in Nigeria but God bless the day I took the drastic decision to leave that country that has ruined so many lives. How can a university lecturer, PhD holder beg to feed his family? Since I left Nigeria in 2012, no salary increase with hyperinflation. A PhD holder in a Nigerian university now earns around 160k/month and thats like $200. How much is a bag of rice?
Nigerians living overseas had high hopes in this last election because the responsibilities of sending money back home was unbearable and it seems it will get worse with this new administration. This is what happens when you give recycled and habitual thieves access power.

Thanks for your good heart. Please keep supporting them. The country is in sever turmoil but just without fights. It's already a war like situation

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by nedekid: 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
ednut1:
Cost of living and interest rates have gone up abroad too. Despite the hardship in Nigeria some will still give birth to more kids
Ofcourse, more kids naa. The poor folks, men especially. What else will they enjoy other than to go home and nack their wives? Sober or drunk, pussy is at home. No money for olosho or to have girlfriend, no goodtime or leisure money, but madam de house.
All that equate to more kids.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by JpBiz92: 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Killermamba:
who be this headless cow? Most Igbos are business owners they will adjust, you on the other end that depends on salary you go hear shege
learn to understand SARCASM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by kay10: 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Guys,i don't Nigeria politics again, things are getting out of hand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Dang...a lot of people are suffering.

But the harsh truth is, at the end of the day, if the subsidy had not gone, if the government had kept subsides on petrol and power, well...

We would have been 'enjoying' and things would have been okay...until at the end of the day, in three years time, when the cost of subsidy is higher than our revenue, and we are borrowing money to make up the balance of subsidy payments, and borrowing for everything else...till IMF comes in and tells us that we can't pay for your addiction no more.

Then things would get really hard.

The way I see it, and I am not an APC fan, it is simple...we start taking hard decsions now, or we are forced to take harder decisions three years later, when IMF stops giving us loans.

One thing Nigerians need to wake up to is that the problem is not from who is in charge...although APC is a mess, it is the policy that those in charge , especially APC practice. We too dey rely on oil revenue...which cannot feed half our nation, talkless of one tenth. Meanwhile, looters and corrupt people come in and steal that tiny money

It is either we become more fiscally responsible, or we take more and more loans until we join Sri lanka and even Argentina at the bottom of the lake. And if you think you are suffering now...

God knows that if we removed subsidy in 2012, we won't be here by now.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Annahh(f): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Zealag:
Na now you know abi?
I drag #50naira change with bike man today under the rain,he asked me again "bros I think say you be big boy,wey dey dash us change before"
May dis regime favour me and my family grin
The security men in my bank will be looking for a way to make me buy them things but I say No cause the bad economy touch everybody, they say I'm stingy, let it be o. Even the sellers say you bankers wey suppose get money, this and that, you still dey collect the last change.

9 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by benqo01(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Let's blame it on tribalism,until we do away with it sorry the suffering continues

4 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by onuman: 9:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
With the Naira rapidly depreciating everyday since May 29, 2023, it's sufferance and poverty rapidly rising for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Never in the history of Nigeria has the Naira had this rapid depreciation as in the last one month.

9 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by imbless: 9:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
helinues:

Mynd44
Oam4j
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Rule 2
Akpa Amu keep quoting rule 2

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by IVORY2009(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
tellwisdom:
Some Nigerians give only when the camera is on.

Are you still in this nairaland shocked
Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nigeria's problem is simple.

Before I go there, this article that OP has written, was said 40, 30, even 10 years ago. Nigerians have always been suffering badly and people are always complaining about how bad it is. Infact, it has never been good.

Nigeria's problem is simple.

We rely on oil revenue

Our oil revenue is not enough to pay for 14 million people, talkless of 220 million people.

We use oil revenue for everything, including things we should be using real live tax revenue.

We rely on the sale of raw materials whose prices we do not set.

We are not a manufacturing exporter...or an exporter of manufactured goods and services, whose prices we can set

Either we fix the above, or in twenty years time, people would be saying tinubu's government was the good old days when people enjoyed.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by gloryman91: 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
Alhamdulilahi Robil Alamin we are surviving in the country, In Sha Allah we will get to the Glory Land Estates.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by egoldman(m): 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nice2023:
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

APC members are exempted, once they confirm their party at fling station, they buy fuel at 185.

na we obidients, Pdp and anyone who did not vote a cording to their tribe, religion and party affiliation that are suffering.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by stevups(m): 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Cassandraloius:
God bless your heart.
We all know the world is cruel, you might decide to help someone and they'll use it and kill you, some will envy you, but those that value and want the best for you, it's those people you should help.
Please change your mentality. Help has no issue

Kindly check my profile. smiley
Re: People Are Suffering. by nedekid: 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Streetdoctor:
Whenever I hear nigerians talking about present hardship i just laugh.
Were u guys expecting a drug lord, an arrogant man to perform miracle?
A man that fought and protested against subsidy removal in 2012 is now doing same thing he protested without putting any fucking factor in place.
In drug world, d only language they understaands is money and more money
They will call you "obidient" for stating obviously truths.
How can you plant plantain and expect to reap oranges?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by stevups(m): 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Cassandraloius:
God bless your heart.
We all know the world is cruel, you might decide to help someone and they'll use it and kill you, some will envy you, but those that value and want the best for you, it's those people you should help.
Please change your mentality. Help has no issue

Kindly check my profile. smiley

To help has rewards
Re: People Are Suffering. by IVORY2009(m): 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
nairalanda1:
Dang...a lot of people are suffering.

But the harsh truth is, at the end of the day, if the subsidy had not gone, if the government had kept subsides on petrol and power, well...

We would have been 'enjoying' and things would have been okay...until at the end of the day, in three years time, when the cost of subsidy is higher than our revenue, and we are borrowing money to make up the balance of subsidy payments, and borrowing for everything else...till IMF comes in and tells us that we can't pay for your addiction no more.

Then things would get really hard.

The way I see it, and I am not an APC fan, it is simple...we start taking hard decsions now, or we are forced to take harder decisions three years later, when IMF stops giving us loans.

One thing Nigerians need to wake up to is that the problem is not from who is in charge...although APC is a mess, it is the policy that those in charge , especially APC practice. We too dey rely on oil revenue...which cannot feed half our nation, talkless of one tenth. Meanwhile, looters and corrupt people come in and steal that tiny money

It is either we become more fiscally responsible, or we take more and more loans until we join Sri lanka and even Argentina at the bottom of the lake. And if you think you are suffering now...

God knows that if we removed subsidy in 2012, we won't be here by now.

If we have to bring in politics into play, this subsidy of a thing would have been allowed to be removed during Good luck Jonathan time, but this same Interim president Tinubu sponsored people to protest against it, now today we are suffering.

8 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by cardoctor(m): 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
My brother the thing tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by JpBiz92: 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
Op, the reason why this your thread was not hidden or dumped in the dust bin but instead pushed to the front page was because you just made an open call. If you had stated things more pricesely like blame tinubu for his poor timing in execution of projects, like removing subsidy for people who are yet to recover from the Buhari's new naira policy, the vat on petroleum products, increase in electricity tariffs and tertiary institution fees, increase in the salaries of elected officers and so on. They would have pushed your thread to the dust bin.
The president's timing so far has been below average. Giving orders without putting things on ground to help reduce the difficulties accompanying them.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Freethinker87: 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
I did not see any rich man chasing Igbo-looking people from the polling units.
I didn't see any rich man using tribalism to campaign for Bulaba.
I also didn't see any rich man snatching ballot boxes on election day.

Poor people are the harbinger of their misfortune. So, let's keep praying that the new electricity tariff favours us and our families.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by nedekid: 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
teepain:

Funny enough, if you know what abroad people, UK especially, are going through right now
What are they going through? What difference has happend to them in recent times compared to Nigerians that have lost 100% of their worth in the last 3 weeks?

6 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by HateBigots: 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
Elections have consequences, you get what you vote for grin grin

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by sprints1: 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
Last last na everybody go chop breakfast in short gbogbo lama je breakfast. I have been suffering since covid so this one na small thing. Very soon maybe na 001 I go dey chop drink water in the morning afternoon and eat at night. Renewed shege

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Birdbyrde440: 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
Work according to the condition of the country and you will be fine.

Nigerians are not that smart.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.