Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,673 members, 7,851,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:28 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1290261 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Godmercies:

Pls when exactly did you start d protein diet
I mean deliberately and is normal peak milk ok? Cos of weight gain wahala....

I started the protein diet a few weeks before I started down regulating. I think any kind of milk would do, as it's all protein. Any and every source of protein should be fine!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
moma2:
Pls what is pineapple core? How often does one take it per day because I took pineapple a day after ET and I still got a BFN. I was also on pregna care conception for 3months before I started d IVF.I take milo and peak milk every morning for the past few years.pls what else can I do to improve my chances of BFP in the next cycle.thanks all

It's the hard circular part in the center of a pineapple. What I did was to split one core into 5 parts and ate each part from the day before ET to the 3rd day after. It's no guarantee of a BFP...it's just one of the things we can do to help the process.

Sometimes a change of protocol could help. A friend of mine responded better on the short protocol.

The difference with both my cycles was so clear! In cycle 1, I got 12 eggs. Cycle 2, I got 30, of which about 16 fertilised. We lost a few but still have 9 embryos frozen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
This is a wake up call to all expectant husbands and wives. You must try to beware of some dubious ivf centre in Nigeria, because their mission is to drain you dry without results, and will only keep using fake sympathetic emotions to manipulate and woo you do more cycles.
If you are not knowledgeable in the type of ivf that sooths you as couple,ensure you make wide and proper research, so that u can know how to authoritative ask questions to achieve successful ivf session.
Remember that before you embark on ivf journey you must do all required tests independently for both and go with them to ivf clinic to know their advise and countenance from your first visit appointment after paying consultation fee.
Do not pay for tests and diagnostics to start the ivf yet until the gynaecologist/ doctor fully satisfied all ya questions and you have gotten a second opinion to confirm it on your own.

Research carried shows that some unscrupulous and devious exploitative ivf doctors are exploiting patients ignorance of the intricate details of the ivf programmes especially in Lagos high brow areas,resultiing in high failure rate. This they do by not telling patients the dos and don't of the ivf programmes before the patients wire their millions of hard earn monies to those fraudsters. Surely God is exposing them now.
We, the standards monitoring group will soon expose those culprits to you,to beware ,but we shall dissect more of their tricks pace by pace very soon, so stay tuned ...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
...sending now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
moma2:
Pls what is pineapple core? How often does one take it a day? I took pineapple a day after ET and I still got a BFN.I was also on pregnacare conception for 3months before d IVF,I always take milo and peak milk every morning for many years now.I had endometrial scratching done.pls what else can I do 2 increase my chance of BFP in my next cycle? Thanks all.
...moma2, before and after ya Et you were supposed to keep taking ewudu soup with lite carbo like amala. My deear you made terrible miskak by drinking beverage and milk,because it is meant to nurture an already growing formed baby. shocked
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
modaofnations:

My dear, I'm glad 2 see u bounce back. We'll all laugh very soon in Jesus Name. Concerning dis DH issue. I remember 2 members on ds thread; Nogen and one other person who after failed ivf, got bfp after visiting one mama Helen who gives native therapy in Lagos. Her no. Was displayed sometime ago in earlier posts. She was well spoken of. I too wanted 2 visit her wen I visited Lagos but culdn't. Try & contact Nogen 4 more info. U can give dis a thot while prepring 4 ivf sins u reside in Lagos. Baby dust
...ivf success depends on how knowledgeable couples are about its does and don'ts. Most devious gynae are exploiting the ignorance of couples and once they see a couple that knows their tricks they back off. Remember that friend, and don't lose hope because ivf is minor thing if well done by 100%standards, compared to latest miracle of womb transplant in a western country where the jolly woman delivered of a baby boy. grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
...knowledge is the core secret of successful ivf,icsi,iui,tesa,etc. If u don't understand the does and don'ts, never allow ur selves to be used as experimental objects,unless u desire such. Avoid being a victim grin

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
[quote author=Godmercies post=26995733][/quote]
Remember ivf success rate it not 100%,because only God makes is 100%. But you must ensure you are knowledgeable as a couple to ask questions to detect that the ivf centre observe standards to 100%. This is key. Before you embark on ivf journey you must do all required tests independently for both male and female, then go with them to ivf clinic to know their advise and countenance from your first visit appointment after paying consultation fee.
Do not pay for tests and diagnostics to start the ivf yet until the gynaecologist/ doctor fully satisfied all ya questions and you have gotten a second opinion to confirm it on your own. Otherwise they will be sapping ya millions away ,telling ya sorry oh while u keep running from pillar to post without success. Be wise. sad
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
IsiButtercup:

It's the hard circular part in the center of a pineapple. What I did was to split one core into 5 parts and ate each part from the day before ET to the 3rd day after. It's no guarantee of a BFP...it's just one of the things we can do to help the process.

Sometimes a change of protocol could help. A friend of mine responded better on the short protocol.

The difference with both my cycles was so clear! In cycle 1, I got 12 eggs. Cycle 2, I got 30, of which about 16 fertilised. We lost a few but still have 9 embryos frozen.

Jeez 30! How did u cope? Well guess d end was worth it though was it Georges or Olive branch?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Godmercies:

Jeez 30! How did u cope? Well guess d end was worth it though was it Georges or Olive branch?

My dear, and I was on the lowest dose of stimms. I have PCOS so always knew I was prone to overstimulating. I just missed OHSS by whiskers.

My first cycle which failed was at Nordica, the 2nd which worked was at Georges.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
IsiButtercup:

My dear, and I was on the lowest dose of stimms. I have PCOS so always knew I was prone to overstimulating. I just missed OHSS by whiskers.

My first cycle which failed was at Nordica, the 2nd which worked was at Georges.

I never knew Georges do ivf am only aware of Olive inside Georges building
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Isibuttercup, congrats.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Godmercies:

I never knew Georges do ivf am only aware of Olive inside Georges building

Unless things have changed, considering my kids are 3 years old. Back then, everything was done in the main hospital at George's. Maybe they started Olive afterwards.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
olubankemi:
Isibuttercup, congrats ones again. Heard that nordica is living on past glory.

Let no one dream of going there. Hear of stories of woes than success stories.

Being here or reading from this thread is a very good thing one should thank God Almighty for. So many are there and don't know of IVF or even iui and are going here and there spending millions on no good helpers.

Hmmmm....if I tell you my Nordica horror story! Very heartless people. Let me not even go there!

I agree....knowledge is truly key. In my time, there were no Nigerian forums I could join. I learnt everything I could from Baby & Bump, and other international forums. It is best to educate oneself as best as possible!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello my people, so I started ivf and 8 days into downregulation injections, I go to d hospital to complain about delayed AF since it is the determinant of d next step in d process. Doc says let's do a scan and lo and behold a cyst was found and doc says dis cycle has to stop. Gave contraceptives for d cyst and said to come back next month once AF starts. Is this familiar? Should I be worried? Any suggestions on what to do to improve my chances? Thankful it was seen early sef before e turn story matter...
Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
@Isibuttercup nd other mama pls advice me oo.i hv fibriod nd the gyn did not sujest sugery though big nd patent tubes,this is my yr 2 in marriage am above 30yrs.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
pls the gyn has been givn me drugs am tied of tccing. Can ivf work with fibriod?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yes @isibuttercup. Baby and bump is a hall of knowledge as I go there often. Waoo your kids are three years already? Thought you are still preggy or just had your IVF done! OMG, you be mama ooo. Just know soon I will be like you kiss

@viviparity, pls as well as I know little of IVF, there should be no obstruction of any kind in the womb. Cyst, fibroid, hydrosalpinx and the likes. If you have fibroid, I would advise you deal with it and stop fertility drugs cos it increases estrogen production that induces ovulation. And much estrogen causes fibroid hence you would rather be feeding fibroid and strengthening it to grow than aiding conception.

Deal with fibroid for now. If its big, pls you may prayerfully go for surgery.

Am sure other explanations will come.

This too will pass.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tenderchic: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello peeps, i found it difficult to post in Nairaland bcs of the way people are being insulted but iam glad that this thread is full of mature people and with words of encouragement to each other, please keep it up. i married few months ago and just diagnosed with bilateral tubal blockage. i found it difficult to involve my hubby at this early stage of our marriage and decided to see if i can solve the problem without him knowing . please is there any hospital that unblock fallopian tubes, i live in Abuja. i need your help please.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 12:17am On Oct 12, 2014
viviparity:
@Isibuttercup nd other mama pls advice me oo.i hv fibriod nd the gyn did not sujest sugery though big nd patent tubes,this is my yr 2 in marriage am above 30yrs.

Hi Viviparity. It's tricky. Some doctors would want you to remove the fibroid first before the procedure. But then again, my best friend carried 2 pregnancies (natural, not IVF) with a huge fibroid. It didn't disturb her at all. But then again, IVF is an expensive process and if removing the fibroid will increase your chances, it might be best to do that. Speak with your doctor, and see what he says.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 12:18am On Oct 12, 2014
olubankemi:
Yes @isibuttercup. Baby and bump is a hall of knowledge as I go there often. Waoo your kids are three years already? Thought you are still preggy or just had your IVF done! OMG, you be mama ooo. Just know soon I will be like you kiss

@viviparity, pls as well as I know little of IVF, there should be no obstruction of any kind in the womb. Cyst, fibroid, hydrosalpinx and the likes. If you have fibroid, I would advise you deal with it and stop fertility drugs cos it increases estrogen production that induces ovulation. And much estrogen causes fibroid hence you would rather be feeding fibroid and strengthening it to grow than aiding conception.

Deal with fibroid for now. If its big, pls you may prayerfully go for surgery.

Am sure other explanations will come.

This too will pass.

You will surely be there VERY VERY SOON!!! smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 1:01am On Oct 12, 2014
Tenderchic:
Hello peeps, i found it difficult to post in Nairaland bcs of the way people are being insulted but iam glad that this thread is full of mature people and with words of encouragement to each other, please keep it up. i married few months ago and just diagnosed with bilateral tubal blockage. i found it difficult to involve my hubby at this early stage of our marriage and decided to see if i can solve the problem without him knowing . please is there any hospital that unblock fallopian tubes, i live in Abuja. i need your help please.

Hnmmm Chick just read ur post.You want to hear d truth?
Please prayerfully tell your husband then both of you should visit a very good gynaecologist who ll take it from there.These tins cannot be done without d FULL SUPPORT of ur spouses. ..
Trust me you r curting trouble o
All is well with you Amen ll

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2014
@bankemi the womb scratching was done by my ivf doctor . While we were doing the mock embryo trf one tiny metal abi na wire like rubber was used .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mumglows: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Tenderchic:
it is advisable to involve ur hubby with prayer, believe me this is better if yu are both involved in the proces from start. please preserve your home
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
@olubankemi nd Isibuttercup thks for ur kind response.since my life i hv never seen situation bad like tccing i cant wish it to my enemy. He ask me to come for other alternatives will see him on strday

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
Fruitfulmum:
@bankemi the womb scratching was done by my ivf doctor . While we were doing the mock embryo trf one tiny metal abi na wire like rubber was used .

OK. Thanks for the response.

Will do my home work

@tender chic, lsxas my sisters had advised, involve your hubby. But I pray it will be easy for you.

@vivi, pls ask him of other alternatives. Best wishes.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmommy1: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
@tenderchic pls involve ur husband. Blocked Tubes is very serious n treatment is not really guaranteed. Some people flush d tubes n it works but it is a slim chance. Pray seriously abt this cos there is nothing God cannot do. Most recommendation for blocked tubes is ivf n u need ur husband for that process. Also confirm that there is no fluid in the tubes too. It shall be well with u n Dh
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
[quote author=IsiButtercup post=27057974]

Unless things have changed, considering my kids are 3 years old. Back then, everything was done in the main hospital at George's. Maybe they started Olive afterwards.[/quote@god mercies George's also runs a fertility clinic my dad had a baby boy this year from George's at 52 though she got married late like age 49
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hello fruitful mums please o someone shared her bop story I cannot remember who it was but she said she was complaining of frequent trips to fertilaid and she had not seen the doc,pls am trying to reach her or anyone who lives in lag and is been treated at fertilaid Abuja,someone also said she used m2 tone and had a bop can the person Pls just chat me up on this forum ,for those who used m2 tone at what point of the cycle did u use it
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by calaharry: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
Makes sense.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
...info is key here let contrib.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
quote author=Fruitfulmommy1 post=27082119]@tenderchic pls involve ur husband. Blocked Tubes is very serious n treatment is not really guaranteed. Some people flush d tubes n it works but it is a slim chance. Pray seriously abt this cos there is nothing God cannot do. Most recommendation for blocked tubes is ivf n u need ur husband for that process. Also confirm that there is no fluid in the tubes too. It shall be well with u n Dh[/quote

Now blocked tubes is why you qualify to do ivf. But this time around you do a more advanced ivf called icsi, though more expensive.
Before u do icsi, you should do hsg in a high standard lab e.g funbell ibadan or pathcare Lagos, to tell you if there is hydrosalpinx in the tubes DT can hamper your icsi. After few weeks recovery from the discomfort, you proceed to ivf clinic for there own test. You must compare the two tubal test results and ask questions to know whether d ivf centre is telling u the truth before commencing treatment. Remember the success of ur icsi depends on this extensive tests. Tubes with hydros must go thru aspiration or flushing to remove hydro fluids that could damage embryo. This is what most unscrupulous ivf centers don't tell patients leading to repeated botched cycles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.