Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1283457 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by joygbon: 11:59am On Apr 08, 2015
Fvine:
Just curious, anyone here currently going to Olive Branch Lagos?

I and DH have been seeing the Dr Emeka (08032011536)at their New Olive branch centre on Admiralty way lekki, and I must say its not only a wonderfully funtional and beautiful centre, but we are even more impressed with their service since they left georges. Are you going there too? what are your own views? we are about to decide on treatment now. Pray for us
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by yemochi: 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
dabgr:
@ aadetoyin & Celestia
Supernatural Childbirth sent

@itissettled3 pls kindly send me a soft copy of 'God's waiting room'.
thanks

Hi dabgr, can you help send the Supernatural Childbirth e-book please. e-mail add is krisyem4real@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sanrima(f): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
@ monalisa 1, hmm please be very careful oh. Go for scan to confirm, if truly you are pregnant it will show. Some of these women are scams. In port Harcourt their base is in oyigbo, they will make you believe you are pregnant and give you herbs to make your stomach bloated like that of a pregnant woman. They then end up giving another person's child to you at an exorbitant price. Do all the necessary check ups and if need be you can also try another person in womb check n massaging business. Just to be sure.
Wishing you that the results would be a positive one with a healthy baby.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
iOmoge:

please don't rub o. Dont take herbs. Switch to prenatal. Take d herbs she wants to give u.
congratulations dear.
please where did u go to do d massage. I want to do too. Am in Lagos.

Tanx dear buh will go 4 scanning 1st lyk wat @sanrima suggested cos I dnt bliv dis pipo Anytin is possible. Am in benin. God wil nt allow desperation mk persin enta 1 chance. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Monalisa1:
Halo fruitful mamas in d hse. I did iui end of February. AF came after a week 11th March. Wz suppose 2 go 4 PT on d 19th in d hospital buh didn't go again because I did d strip test n it wz BFN. So I decided 2 start herbal med. 2days ago I went 2 a place 2 rub/lift/massage ma womb o. D woman said in her own words "pikin dey inside" well I tot she wz prayn 4 mi, I said yes. Buh am ttc so jt want 2 rub b4 tkn d herbs. She said again "pikin dey inside n I dey touch am" she was actually touchn d side unda ma tummy. She said d child is hiding but after 2/3months it wil show,dat if I do a PT it won't show yet til after 2months. she wil giv mi herbs 2 mk d baby strong.
Am confused. Is dis a scam? Sld I go 4 blood PT or scan? Or sld I go n mit som1 else 2 rub mi? D mata jt taya mi

Its scam like you have been told. They are the agents of baby factory owners you have been hearing about. Go to a good lab and do PT test and scan. If it comes out negative, just run away because apart from being scammed and paying exorbitant price, you can be hypnotised into believing you are actually pregnant, not to take of stomach bloating herbs they will give you that can turn into health hazards for you in the future. They are everywhere so my sister pick race as fast as your legs can carry you if your PT test and scan results come out negative. Note that not all local massagers scam peeps as there might be other good ones in your area if you ask around but once they start with you're already pregnant when you know you're not, just tell them thank you and take a bow. All the best

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Wao... Didnt know they scam too.

Guess with their mind like this and to have heard stories like this, I wont keep my body for them to touch.
i wonder y they will see waiting mothers as an avenue to make money.
God would help us. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by molarawaju: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
God help us all. Ttc is itself hard not to talk of falling prey to scammers. Thanks sis@blendy77.
Iomoge thank God you are much better.
Baby dust to us all

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyEsther: 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hi ladies, this is actually my first post on nairaland.. Am about to start my ivf cycle but will like to know if I need to be on contraceptive for 3 weeks and why. My doctor asked me to so I just wanted to get a 2nd opinion from you all. I will appreciate your response. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 8:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
yemochi:

Hi dabgr, can you help send the Supernatural Childbirth e-book please. e-mail add is krisyem4real@yahoo.com

Thanks

sent ! !
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijee4real(f): 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
new in dis forum. started my ivf procedure lst mnth, did my transfer on tue. let all d mummies in d house shld include me in dere prayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Blendy77:

Its scam like you have been told. They are the agents of baby factory owners you have been hearing about. Go to a good lab and do PT test and scan. If it comes out negative, just run away because apart from being scammed and paying exorbitant price, you can be hypnotised into believing you are actually pregnant, not to take of stomach bloating herbs they will give you that can turn into health hazards for you in the future. They are everywhere so my sister pick race as fast as your legs can carry you if your PT test and scan results come out negative. Note that not all local massagers scam peeps as there might be other good ones in your area if you ask around but once they start with you're already pregnant when you know you're not, just tell them thank you and take a bow. All the best

Tanx sis. Wil do as u av said o. I can't shout.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by brainky(f): 11:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good day mamas,
Please is it possible to do both ICIS and IVF together.
Please for those who have done ivf sucessfully ,please can you tell me which ivf hospital has the success rate and what you did dat you had a bfp.
Plsease I am also intrested in the ebooks
God bless us and God answer our prayers.
My email:brainky4love@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jennygurl(f): 12:06am On Apr 09, 2015
@ijee4real it is well with you my dear, start rejoicing cos it's a BFP for you IJN...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2015
@ladyG and other mamas we miss you here. Please come and encourage plus answer our questions. The Lord is your strength
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lamrose: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2015
Amen
brainky:
Happy Easter mum,
The journey to get children is rough with many bends , it a journey with a beginning and with a end. Knowing that having children might be a bit difficult for some of us is a sickness already it weights you down until you have cured it with a BFP and that wonderful children. TTC is stress already., your money go into it, your time and more.God gives his gift freely but some of us have to work hard to get it. I am in this journey and everyday seems to be long, the journey gets rough and long, still praying and trusting in God to bless me and every woman who is crying to God for that gift , that beautiful children .Either IVF IUI or any way a child is a child.My children are mine.I pray that the month of April will be our month, our children will come looking for our womb, we will not suffer to have them Ameen.For the mummy's who have their lovely children please pray for us.
I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and I will be starting IVF soon.
May God answer alll our prayers.
brainky4love@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
brainky:
Good day mamas,
Please for those who have done ivf sucessfully ,please can you tell me which ivf hospital has the success rate and what you did dat you had a bfp.
[color=#006600][/color]
The only difference between icsi and ivf is that in icsi a single sperm is injected into each egg to achieve fertilization while in conventional ivf a quantity of sperm is put together with an egg in an incubator an allowed to fertilize. ICSI is mostly used when there is a male factor issue and its advantageous bc it achieves higher rates of fertilization.it somehow serves as assisted hatching since a needle is injected via the eggwall.However icsi is a little more expensive than ivf. So u can choose either conventional ivf or icsi. Good luck my dear.it is well

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
ijee4real:
new in dis forum. started my ivf procedure lst mnth, did my transfer on tue. let all d mummies in d house shld include me in dere prayers.
[color=#006600][/color]
Relax, uve done your part so God is definitely in control.u shall soon testify .Remember to think positive.Praying for u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
sofruitful:
Hi ladies, this is actually my first post on nairaland.. Am about to start my ivf cycle but will like to know if I need to be on contraceptive for 3 weeks and why. My doctor asked me to so I just wanted to get a 2nd opinion from you all. I will appreciate your response. Thanks.
[color=#006600][/color]
The pills helps to prevent the occurrence of cyst which can jeopardise the process.it also ensures that all your follicles starts growing from same level during stimulation since it helps shut down your cycle .Additionally it helps the doctor to be in control of your system hence ensuring correct timing of the whole process. However, the BCP should be overlapped with a GnRHa for about 4 to 6 days before stimulation so the BCP does not compromise or suppress the ovaries respond to stimulation . I understand your worry,u feel 3 weeks will delay your conception but remember more haste less speed.it's better to be patient now than to weep at the end.Follow your doctors advise,he knows better though you Mau trust your instincts at times.Most often everyone takes the pill a cycle prior to the ivf treatment.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyEsther: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pls @all: Is it necessary to wear free flowing clothes and no tight clothing after ET?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
brainky:
Good day mamas,

sent ! !

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hi house. please Abuja mamas any suggestion where one can get BSM in Abuja. Urgent reply needed please. Thanks in advance.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fvine: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
Goldengift:
Pls which clinic did u run these tests?
its a very popular Fertility Centre in Lagos. Why do u ask?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=henmaris post=32519039][color=#006600][/color]
The pills helps to prevent the occurrence of cyst which can jeopardise the process.it also ensures that all your follicles starts growing from same level during stimulation since it helps shut down your cycle .Additionally it helps the doctor to be in control of your system hence ensuring correct timing of the whole process. However, the BCP should be overlapped with a GnRHa for about 4 to 6 days before stimulation so the BCP does not compromise or suppress the ovaries respond to stimulation . I understand your worry,u feel 3 weeks will delay your conception but remember more haste less speed.it's better to be patient now than to weep at the end.Follow your doctors advise,he knows better though you Mau trust your instincts at times.Most often everyone takes the pill a cycle prior to the ivf treatment.[/quote .

Thanks a lot for ur reply, I will do it then. I wanted to be sure.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peace4me(m): 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
Can you send me the e-book on "God's Waiting Room"

dabgr:

sent
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hello fruitful mamas.

Please does anyone know how much Ivf cost at Georges and does he manages low count well?

Better still, do we have in the house anyone who reside in Lagos but had her cycle in Abuja with fertiaid clinic? How did you shuffle Lagos Abuja trip? How much also is Ivf treatment at fertilaid?

Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Georges are doing a promo, don't know if it has ended. Reg: 35k, 450k for Ivf and about 300k to 500k for drugs. For low sperm count they will suggest ICSI. Georges is very good and their success rate is good too.

You can ask to see Prof Olatubosun. He is the MD. You can also check previous pages, they have their advert there and phone numbers to call.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=miraclebaby post=32532292]Hi house. please Abuja mamas any suggestion where one can get BSM in Abuja. Urgent reply needed please. Thanks in advance.[/quote

Try H-medix pharmacy, Garki II branch close to jevinik resturant
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by finecheek12: 6:02am On Apr 11, 2015
please ve been looking for a way to get God's waiting room, will appreciate it if u can send it to me.thanks u finecheek@gmail.com

peace4me:
Can you send me the e-book on "God's Waiting Room"

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by brainky(f): 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Pls mum I also need God waiting room ebook.
Thanks ma
My mail is brainky4love@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
@Gr8fulHeart dear tried but they didn't even know what it is. I'm grateful for your time.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
Thank you itissettle.

Do you know how much Dr Emeka of live branch charge?

Better still I need a very good clinic for icsi treatment either here or abroad. Suggestions from sisters in the thread are welcome.

Pray this too will end soon.

Please I need God's waiting room too. My moniker @gmail.com

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.