Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276350 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Cutehector(m): 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
olubankemi:
@good evening mamas. May God turn situations around for good. Wish those cycling success.

@LadyG, pls kindly mail me. Olubankemi@gmail.com
ah, anty mi, good evening oo..
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ifax(f): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Amen oooo! At this point, I just need prayers for God to renew my faith and tht of my husband.

LadyG, May God reward ur kindness. May he grant u ur heart desires. may days of ttc be behind us asap

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamateniola1: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Adenomyosis!! I think it causes miscarriage oh as the blood doesn't flow out.

LadyGuinivere:
Thnks sisters @mamateniola and lagywolfe

Sadly ma matter I don sabi the root cause. No be charting matter and others.
Who has gtten bfp with adenomyosis mbok
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:
I am looking at having IVF in Nigeria. I live in the US where there are many clinics, but the cost can be up to $30,000 (US). I saw a few prices here that puts the costs around $5,000 (US). Is this accurate? How many eggs will be implanted for this amount? Are there any discounts on trying again, if the procedure does not work the first time?

I'm posting the above again. Can anyone answer my questions?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 11:35am On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:

I'm posting the above again. Can anyone answer my questions?
yes. Though I dont know the exchange rate you are using. You can get a cycle for 1.3m naira. Get up to 4 blasts transferred. You can add 150k for intralipid if you want and maybe 100k for acupuncture for the whole period. These ones are if you want.
The discount for a further treatment will depend on your bargaining power.
Soo u can convert at sayyyyyy at least 300 naira to a dollar.if you do not have family here to stay with then you need to add hotel (10k a night minimum) and uber fare. Or if you are like me , you get a hotel close by and use the exercise

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:
I am looking at having IVF in Nigeria. I live in the US where there are many clinics, but the cost can be up to $30,000 (US). I saw a few prices here that puts the costs around $5,000 (US). Is this accurate? How many eggs will be implanted for this amount? Are there any discounts on trying again, if the procedure does not work the first time?

in Nigeria its between 700,000 to about 4m depending on the hospital.
Sorry I ve forgotten the name of the hospital dat offer multiple trial payment (u pay at once). If u get a bfp in 1 try dey wont refund. It d person doesnt succed d next is free...I tink 2 or more trials.
take out time n read back while u wait for more inputs.
Some centres do transfer 4 embroyos.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

yes. Though I dont know the exchange rate you are using. You can get a cycle for 1.3m naira. Get up to 4 blasts transferred. You can add 150k for intralipid if you want and maybe 100k for acupuncture for the whole period. These ones are if you want.
The discount for a further treatment will depend on your bargaining power.

DonaTee:

in Nigeria its between 700,000 to about 4m depending on the hospital.
Sorry I ve forgotten the name of the hospital dat offer multiple trial payment (u pay at once). If u get a bfp in 1 try dey wont refund. It d person doesnt succed d next is free...I tink 2 or more trials.
take out time n read back while u wait for more inputs.
Some centres do transfer 4 embroyos.

Thank you so much. It still comes out much cheaper than in the US. Do you know a safe hospital that does it for 700,000?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Thank you so much. It still comes out much cheaper than in the US. Do you know a safe hospital that does it for 700,000?
I don't know if fertileaid in abuja still runs at tht price. Google and call them

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2016
ifax:

LadyG, May God reward ur kindness. May he grant u ur heart desires. may days of ttc be behind us asap
In Jesus name oooooo! Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:

all hospitals still hav failure rates. But some older hospitals hav good success rate. New centres r cropping up too.
Fertilaid clinic, Nissa, in abuja. Olive branch, gorges memorial, nordica in lagos, lily hospital I tink in warri, gynaeoscope in porthacourt, n so many others. Their prices differ. Do more research n modify ur life style to prepare for it.
Pray God to guide u to a good centre n guv u ur miracles.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
DonaTee:

all hospitals still hav failure rates. But some older hospitals hav good success rate. New centres r cropping up too.
Fertilaid clinic, Nissa, in abuja. Olive branch, gorges memorial, nordica in lagos, lily hospital I tink in warri, gynaeoscope in porthacourt, n so many others. Their prices differ. Do more research n modify ur life style to prepare for it.
Pray God to guide u to a good centre n guv u ur miracles.

Thank you. I understand that all hospital have failure rates. However some hospitals are going to have better equipment and more experienced doctors. Since I live in the US, I am seeking preliminary information here on pricing and perceived safety. In that way I can narrow down my search before I come to Nigeria. My research is starting here with pricing, so that I know what to expect when I contact the hospitals. In the US, the procedure can cost up to $30,000 (US)= 8,469,150 Naira. Paying less than 1 million Naira is still a good deal for me, even after buying a plane ticket. I appreciate you giving me a list of places. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by santagelo25(m): 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Donatee,I think the hospital you are talking about is St Ives somewhere in Ikoyi.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ifax(f): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:

Thank you. I understand that all hospital have failure rates. However some hospitals are going to have better equipment and more experienced doctors. Since I live in the US, I am seeking preliminary information here on pricing and perceived safety. In that way I can narrow down my search before I come to Nigeria. My research is starting here with pricing, so that I know what to expect when I contact the hospitals. In the US, the procedure can cost up to $30,000 (US)= 8,469,150 Naira. Paying less than 1 million Naira is still a good deal for me, even after buying a plane ticket. I appreciate you giving me a list of places. God bless you.

This was in 2014. Dont know if its still the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ifax(f): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
@fortuneteller
This is in florida. Not very expensive

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
Cutehector:
ah, anty mi, good evening oo..

Haaa, baami, bawo ni oo? But I no know you na.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Cutehector(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
olubankemi:

Haaa, baami, bawo ni oo? But I no know you na.
yes ooo.. I knw anti. I need u to vote for my contestant in the ongoin mr nairaland contest.

Please.

His name is falconey.

Ese Gan..
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
ifax:
@fortuneteller
This is in florida. Not very expensive

That price seems too good to be true. The lowest I have seen is $10,000 (2,823,050 naira) for one cycle in the states. I notice the paper mentions a lot of additional costs and also no gender selection. However I will probably call them on Monday for a quote. Do you know anyone who has used this clinic? If so, how much did they pay after all the costs?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ifax(f): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:

That price seems too good to be true. The lowest I have seen is $10,000 (2,823,050 naira) for one cycle in the states. I notice the paper mentions a lot of additional costs and also no gender selection. However I will probably call them on Monday for a quote. Do you know anyone who has used this clinic? If so, how much did they pay after all the costs?

I was there personally. Couldn't go through any treatment as our case turned out quite hopeless

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by princessG35: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
excellentmomma:

Good day sir, congrats on ur story, so inspiring. I sent u a mail, pls Fetilaid (Dr Shuaibu) does he do blastocyte transfer? My day 3 failed, and I have endometriosis so from what I read up I understand a blast xfer gives us with endo more chances. I wanted to use Trucare for that reason but @ tontolo 's advise against them is making me re-think. A rude doc in this journey is bad already. thanks
. Yes fertilaid do a day 5 transfer
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
FortuneTeller:

I'm trying to get my quote from shady grove.I think it was 8k lowest for shared risk...
Ifax I'm pming u...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
ifax:

I was there personally. Couldn't go through any treatment as our case turned out quite hopeless

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but surely you will be blessed. Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2016
oviasouth:
good morning all, its been a while i posted but i still read and get updated with everyone's posts. am sorry for those that had bfn's and suffered losses........its a matter of time and every of our dreams will come to pass.
i want to use this opportunity to testify on the goodness of God upon my life. even when i lost all hope and felt God was not there-but he's always there. he know's best and makes all things beautiful in its time. i got my bfp from my 5th ivf for those who dont knw my story. 1st ivf-bfp(miscarriage), 2nd, 3rd(BFN), 4th-no fertilisation. i thought my world had crumbled and things were getting worse since i dint even get to ET.mind you everyone said i was so young(27yrs) so y was it not working out. God turned my captivity around in the 5th cycle and i got my bfp-that is not the end of story oh...........i like to talk about diagnosis since i used to be interested when people get their bfp's to know their physical challenges cos it gives hope to those with similar issues.i was diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis also low count for dh. am sorry for the long post but am not finished yet coz after bfp some other stories followed which i feel will be helpful to others. will be right back.

Hi ladyG, maybe u shd reach out to Oviasouth, she mentioned adenomyosis as part of her diagnosis. I pray God grants you ur children very soon. Dont loose hope pls

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Moyinoluwa83:

Hi ladyG, maybe u shd reach out to Oviasouth, she mentioned adenomyosis as part of her diagnosis. I pray God grants you ur children very soon. Dont loose hope pls
Thanks dear. Wil do. God bless
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chibuzor05(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) have met with yhe fertility needs of many women in the world today, so i guess is not that bad.

I have a coincise guide of what is all about from the link below

OVERCOMING INFERTILITY WITH IUI TRANSFER
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amarapearl: 12:00am On Jul 12, 2016
Good day, pls has anyone heard about Grabbo fertility clinic in Gwarinpa Abuja IVF promo, heard it's 500k inclusive of drugs. Pls do anyone know of their success rate.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 11:02am On Jul 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Oya Aunty Jill please come o! See 'wonderful experience'

2.5m?! Jesu! Karule it is well.

Just had No. 4 failed cycle yesterday. Life goes on. The journey to proliferate my genes continues. Maybe 5 will be my lucky number. The bible says there's a reason for everything. I'm wondering if mine is to completely break me, or turn me from the playful person I was to a sceptical human being.
I guess this is the part where I'm s'posed to say it is well...
Back to the drawing board of supplements, vitamins , exercise, diet and prayers.

My beloved sister, what more can I say? It is well with you. I like your spirit, you just can't give up now. No you can't, you have gone too far to give up now. Yea, you are too close to the miracle to give up. Ours was the 5th cycle, Blendy's was the 7th. Dr. Shaibu told me of one woman that had hers on the 11th. I also know of people who got theirs at 1st cycle, some 2nd and so. We cant question God. I know how you feel, but God will surely give you an earth shaking testimony. Remember this: the bigger the storm the bigger the testimony.
My family and I attended Fruitfulmummy1 children's 1st birthday over the weekend, it was something else. So colourful, a set of triplets too, I saw another sister of ours with her lovely twin girls. God is really faithful, I want to encourage as many as trying something this time around that the God who has distinguished us, the God who removed shame from us will do same to each and everyone of you. Nogen's children were also one yesterday. God is wonderful.

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=inwangobio post=47459512]
My beloved sister, what more can I say? It is well with you. I like your spirit, you just can't give up now. No you can't, you have gone too far to give up now. Yea, you are too close to the miracle to give up. Ours was the 5th cycle, Blendy's was the 7th. Dr. Shaibu told me of one woman that had hers on the 11th. I also know of people who got theirs at 1st cycle, some 2nd and so. We cant question God. I know how you feel, but God will surely give you an earth shaking testimony. Remember this: the bigger the storm the bigger the testimony.
My family and I attended Fruitfulmummy1 children's 1st birthday over the weekend, it was something else. So colourful, a set of triplets too, I saw another sister of ours with her lovely twin girls. God is really faithful, I want to encourage as many as trying something this time around that the God who has distinguished us, the God who removed shame from us will do same to each and everyone of you. Nogen's children were also one yesterday. God is wonderful.[/quote

Big Brother, always happy to read from you. You and Blendy was my source of inspiration. Always give hope to the hopless.
How are the triplets? Hope they are doing great.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I don't know if fertileaid in abuja still runs at tht price. Google and call them

Fertilaid run on the price excludinding drugs, hubby and wify examination.
Deda is 1.1m with drugs excluding examination with good equipment, discount in subsequent trial. And they do sex selection. Maximum of 3eggs and also 5day byc.
Diff do multiple trial payment. (All in Abuja)

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
My sister, thanks, its been God oooo. The triplets are doing very well. God is sustaining them by His might, they are God's property don't forget. Very intelligent, worth the wait, lol.
Whenever we are having our family altar they lead in worship ( I have Micah Stampley, Juanita Bynum and Tasha Cobbs in my house now, hahahahahahahahaha). They are currently having their 3rd term exams so pray for them. God will visit all of you still waiting, I hope to attend more dedications and birthdays.

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lily19: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Thnks sisters @mamateniola and lagywolfe

Sadly ma matter I don sabi the root cause. No be charting matter and others.
Who has gtten bfp with adenomyosis mbok

Dunno if this may help. Had a Bfp (Natural conception) n carried d pregnancy for 8 months b4 having uterine rupture. The doc that carried out d surgery to remove my baby said there was Adenomyosis, so I want to bliv it doesn't stop Bfp.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
inwangobio:
My sister, thanks, its been God oooo. The triplets are doing very well. God is sustaining them by His might, they are God's property don't forget. Very intelligent, worth the wait, lol.
Whenever we are having our family altar they lead in worship ( I have Micah Stampley, Juanita Bynum and Tasha Cobbs in my house now, hahahahahahahahaha). They are currently having their 3rd term exams so pray for them. God will visit all of you still waiting, I hope to attend more dedications and birthdays.

I believe you sir. In every delay God has a purpose. In account of Samuel in the bible prove it
I pray for them. They will excel in their academics and also be distinguished among their equal.
Got my twins last year feb (Samuel and Daniel)from Deda. Dr S. Onuh a colleague of Dr Shaibu in Nissa.
God will continue to keep them.
Those that are waiting, Jehovah will give them His best.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
Receive my miracle triplets. So nice reading frm d veterans of this thread.

May God continue to bless our precious babies n bestow excellent spirit on them in Jesus name amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.