Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279400 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oleayo22(f): 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=fruitfultwin post=75050231]
Hello dear, have you thought of taking natural supplements like maca, coq10, dhea, etc for both you and hubby? These drugs do work as am an example, with blocked tubes, low ovarian reserve, cyst, fibroid and am in my late 30s. But God did it and blessed with 2 children .
Just place yourself and hubby on it for 3-6mths.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 3:57am On Jan 29, 2019
Hello Mamas, an update from my first ultrasound. 1 viable embryo seen but I have 2 concerns.
First, I'm suppose to be 6weeks 2days but it measured 6 weeks 0days. Is this normal?
Secondly, the heartrate wasnt measured because according to my dr is still very low/small. Isn't it suppose to be possible to measure the heartrate at 6 weeks?
I'm going crazy here, experience mamas and those ahead of me, pls show ur face and respond to my worries.
My Dd doesn't seem concerend, infact she said everything is fine at this stage but from what I'm reading from Dr google the heartrate is concerning.
TIA
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2019
Henmaris , if it were me I won't trouble myself over 2days difference in gestation. I usually hear it can measure 2weeks behind or ahead.

Then don't you think 6weeks is too early too to worry about heartbeat? Some don't even know they are pregnant at 6weeks. Pls relax and enjoy your gift tongue Though I totally understand why you're concerned wink
You shall carry to term and deliver safely, madam. Amen.
Pls let's try to be happy and worry less as much as we can during this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2019
Elicateme:

ebonynelly how is our baby doing. Congrats!!!!

Thanks dear. We are fine.

Praying for positive result for you too.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2019
henmaris:
Hello Mamas, an update from my first ultrasound. 1 viable embryo seen but I have 2 concerns.
First, I'm suppose to be 6weeks 2days but it measured 6 weeks 0days. Is this normal?
Secondly, the heartrate wasnt measured because according to my dr is still very low/small. Isn't it suppose to be possible to measure the heartrate at 6 weeks?
I'm going crazy here, experience mamas and those ahead of me, pls show ur face and respond to my worries.
My Dd doesn't seem concerend, infact she said everything is fine at this stage but from what I'm reading from Dr google the heartrate is concerning.
TIA

Congratulations on the viable embryo.

There is nothing to be worried about. I measured 3 days behind at my 1st scan but at the 2nd scan it measured correctly. Also at my 1st scan which was 6 weeks 2 days, the doctor said it was too early to measure heartbeat.

Just enjoy the pregnancy. If there is no heatbeat the baby won't be growing.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleJ19(f): 9:24am On Jan 29, 2019
shithapuns:
pls who knows about this Care Womens clinic portharcourt
learnt their procedure is 900k, and they have high success rate.
pls chook mouth if you know or have heard anything about them.

http://www.carewomensclinic.com/
my dear sister please stay away ooo cos i n my frnd had a failed ivf there in their 2018 promo and they did a day 2 transfer instead of day 5 for me and her.
they are so sweet and caring in the beginning bt once it goes wrong they ignore you, also there is to much secrecy cos u dont see ur result they will just be readin it to you from the system.
one mama complained about them here bt i was busy defending them back then.... mama if you are reading this please forgive me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Azaebere: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2019
ebonynelly:

Thanks dear. We are fine.

Praying for positive result for you too.

Congrats dear. I am so happy for you. You and lo are in my prayers.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
DoubleJ19:

my dear sister please stay away ooo cos i n my frnd had a failed ivf there in their 2018 promo and they did a day 2 transfer instead of day 5 for me and her.
they are so sweet and caring in the beginning bt once it goes wrong they ignore you, also there is to much secrecy cos u dont see ur result they will just be readin it to you from the system.
one mama complained about them here bt i was busy defending them back then.... mama if you are reading this please forgive me.

wow, day 2 transfer?...its either day 3 or day 5, did they tell you why they opted for day 2 transfer?
best approach for naija hospitals is to discuss everything upfront, like do you do day 3 or day 5 transfer?. i would like to have copies of all my results - do you the hospital have a policy against that etc??, our last ivf, the y had to ask me at a stage if i had a medical background grin grin grin

yeah, most naija ivf centers dont really know how to handle bfn, guess its part of the harsh african culture, i suppose.
wow, heard really good things about them from someother person,

pls mamas that have more info about them shud chook mouth
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by rabluk(f): 2:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
henmaris:
TIA
At my 6weeks, the heartrate wasn't meaasured. I was just happy it had a heartbeat. Now we're 36+weeks.Dont worry yourself

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
Azaebere:

Congrats dear. I am so happy for you. You and lo are in my prayers.

Thanks dear. How are you doing?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleJ19(f): 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
shithapuns:

wow, day 2 transfer?...its either day 3 or day 5, did they tell you why they opted for day 2 transfer?
best approach for naija hospitals is to discuss everything upfront, like do you do day 3 or day 5 transfer?. i would like to have copies of all my results - do you the hospital have a policy against that etc??, our last ivf, the y had to ask me at a stage if i had a medical background grin grin grin

yeah, most naija ivf centers dont really know how to handle bfn, guess its part of the harsh african culture, i suppose.
wow, heard really good things about them from someother person,

pls mamas that have more info about them shud chook mouth
i also had a good review from a frnd thats y i went there bt i dont knw y i and my other frnd both had a day2 transfer, am guessing something went wrong or becos its a promo...i wish you gudluck with them, jst sharing my experience n that of a circle mate
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks ladies. Ur responses makes me to feel better. I wish one could just stop stressing after getting a bfp. I was feverish and had sore boobs and was also constantly hungry but every thing seem to have vanished as of yesterday evening. Trying not to worry because I've read that symptoms come and go but its not easy. No cramping nor bleeding but feeling very normal since last night. Zero symptom.
God help everyone if us achieve our goal and thanks immensely for ur support and words of encouragement ladies.
Good luck to all the mamas undergoing treatment now.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
DoubleJ19:

i also had a good review from a frnd thats y i went there bt i dont knw y i and my other frnd both had a day2 transfer, am guessing something went wrong or becos its a promo...i wish you gudluck with them, jst sharing my experience n that of a circle mate

really strange, day 2 transfer isnt common at all.this is because, they try to replicate the natural process, as it takes the fertilized egg 3 to 5 days to travel from the fallopian tubes to the uterus to implant.

i wish you cared to ask them the reason for that.
could hv been an experimental procedure, or the gynae doing the transfer wanted to travel, they had a problem with their hatchery/incubator, or the embryologist etc....we will never know.
though promo or not, no ivf center operates on purpose to give patients bfn, cos the more bfps they have, the more people will rush to their place
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
rabluk:

At my 6weeks, the heartrate wasn't meaasured. I was just happy it had a heartbeat. Now we're 36+weeks.Dont worry yourself
Thanks rabluk. When did u start having symptoms and did ur symptoms vanished at any point from when u started having them?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by rabluk(f): 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
henmaris:

Thanks rabluk. When did u start having symptoms and did ur symptoms vanished at any point from when u started having them?
Never had a symptom. I remember a drop of blood at abt 6weeks n i was scared. Only started feeling lazy around 9weeks or so but nothing serious. Then i was stronger in the 2nd trimester

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
rabluk:

Never had a symptom. I remember a drop of blood at abt 6weeks n i was scared. Only started feeling lazy around 9weeks or so but nothing serious. Then i was stronger in the 2nd trimester

Thanks dear! I need to have a chat with myself about worriness before I go insane���
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleJ19(f): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
shithapuns:

really strange, day 2 transfer isnt common at all.this is because, they try to replicate the natural process, as it takes the fertilized egg 3 to 5 days to travel from the fallopian tubes to the uterus to implant.

i wish you cared to ask them the reason for that.
could hv been an experimental procedure, or the gynae doing the transfer wanted to travel, they had a problem with their hatchery/incubator, or the embryologist etc....we will never know.
though promo or not, no ivf center operates on purpose to give patients bfn, cos the more bfps they have, the more people will rush to their place
you are right, as i said i had a frnd who got triplets from there and thats y i used them too , i guess i and my cycle mate didnt prepare well or our embryos wasnt developing well...the pain was just unbeareable and i culdnt just go bak there
just hav faith and be positive, God bless you dear
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleJ19(f): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
henmaris:

Thanks dear! I need to have a chat with myself about worriness before I go insane���
mama keep calm and have faith, body differs , many dont have symptom till their second semester or even third and still go on to have healthy babies... just relax and keep speaking to your womb and call forth your babies names.
also reduce visiting "doctor google" for nw cos some experience it shows arent encouraging sometimes.
God bless you and mak your wishes come to pass (you are in my prayer tonight)
NB: i registered here in may 2017 with the moniker "olowani" and i came here ranting cos i was told i only hav one patent tube and you encourage me with ur story

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gracyaugust: 6:27am On Jan 30, 2019
[quote author=henmaris post=75235654] This was me few weeks ago. all symptoms vanished. I don't think the worrying stops! but we have to trust God that started this process. About heartbeats, when I had my first scan, two heartbeats were seen but the way my doctor spoke, I sensed one was not doing too fine so I purposely refused to ask questions, I just went home and prayed fpr y babies with their clothes on my belle. Ywstersay I went in for their scan, the second heartbeat was very strong. what I'm I trying to say, those heartbeats at this point don't matter. Thank God that their is a viable pregnancy and start speaking to your baby what to want to see and hear in your next scan. And mine was dating one day behind today. I call this ones minor issues, I don't let them weigh me down. Enjoy your symptom free moment cos I bet you within the week the will surely come back. it happened to me and I'm battling it. May God see us all through, may those in the process receive their joy and May all the TTC mamas experience this in Jesus name, Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rose360: 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wow,our God is faithful.he will see you through. Congrats dear.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Azaebere: 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
ebonynelly:

Thanks dear. How are you doing?

Fine dear. I did myomectomy last year December. Recovering and getting ready to start ttc.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebonynelly: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
[quote author=Azaebere post=75265546]

Fine dear. I did myomectomy last year December. Recovering and getting ready to start ttc. [/quote

Ok. Wishing you speedy recovery and quick conception.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleJ19(f): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
my E-family God has settled me ooo... i and hubby hav bin taking drugs since november last year to improve sperm n egg quality for the ivf procedure which i wntd to start with grabbo and 2morrow is the last day for the promo which am suppose to pay the money 2morow.
2day i tested positive ooo my sisters
GOD IS GREAT... God bless evryone here cos i really learnt alot

23 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 9:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
DoubleJ19:
my E-family God has settled me ooo... i and hubby hav bin taking drugs since november last year to improve sperm n egg quality for the ivf procedure which i wntd to start with grabbo and 2morrow is the last day for the promo which am suppose to pay the money 2morow.

Praiiiiiiissssssseeeeeee God! Congratulations mama. Save the money for IVF for baby stuffs. Im so happy for u. Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone,please does anyone have a review about vine branch fertility centre,Ibadan,or anyone who has successfully achieved ivf there? so urgent please .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone,please does anyone have a review about vine branch fertility centre,Ibadan,or anyone who has successfully achieved ivf there? I heard the place is okay,just want to confirm.Thank you. so urgent
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleJ19(f): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2019
henmaris:

Praiiiiiiissssssseeeeeee God! Congratulations mama. Save the money for IVF for baby stuffs. Im so happy for u. Congratulations!
yes ooo... God bless you sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rose360: 8:48am On Jan 31, 2019
Wow, congrats dear.i m so so happy for you.

GOD IS GREAT... God bless evryone here cos i really learnt alot[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2019
Wow..... Thank you Jesus.Congratulations ooo

quote author=DoubleJ19 post=75269706]my E-family God has settled me ooo... i and hubby hav bin taking drugs since november last year to improve sperm n egg quality for the ivf procedure which i wntd to start with grabbo and 2morrow is the last day for the promo which am suppose to pay the money 2morow.
GOD IS GREAT... God bless evryone here cos i really learnt alot[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by adisababa1234: 11:50am On Jan 31, 2019
DoubleJ19:
Congratulations
Madam please can u help me with the list of medication your husband use to boost his count for my hubby.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
DoubleJ19:
congratulations ma, God is forever faithful, happy bumping sis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.