Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:10 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1328961 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
EngrSarah:
Exactly, the irony right? My doctor is actually a Nigeria but the quote from is clinic is killing, I think he agrees to transfer 2.
The three wey they transfer for me even inside surrogate not my body, dey sweet me. Rubbish upon ingredients. As if it is free. Oh I had twins by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
Phasfi:
Good morning mamas , hope we are all doing well. Please I have a question......
Thanks mamas
You have a good deal abroad. Please do it there. Too much waka waka this Covid era is not advised. Positive I pray you. And oh, whenever you feel, you don't want to use your embryos ever in an hospital, contact them to dispose of it. I have 5 embryos in an hospital I would soon dispose of because I am considering gender selection when I want to try again and don't want to take the chances of having same gender when I try next time.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Damilolly:
can you add me to the group please?
you can send me a pm
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by knightingale: 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
urcutecrush:
Hello mama’s.Please I need assistance on an affordable center to go to in Lagos or Ogun State to as we have decide to try for the rest of this year naturally but looking forward to ivf/iui in January.
Our health challenge is low sperm count and Our ages are female25,male35.
Tubes are open and hormones values are normal with good egg growth and ovulation but the concern is seedling fibroids which we know grows with time.
We have both treated infections in the past but there is still always staphylococcus in both sperm analysis and hvs.
We want to know if we are a good candidate for iui/ivf regardless of the staphylococcus.
Or if we can get pregnant naturally with the staphylococcus and how to improve the sperm count and if it is the staphylococcus affecting the sperm count.
I went online to research and doctors abroad don’t believe that staphylococcus can exist in the semen and it is just a contamination from the lab.
I don’t know what to do again.Please shook my in my matter.Any advice is welcome.Thanks

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkus9: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
knightingale:
Hubby had the same issue. He used Fertilsan for 3 months and it worked really well on the count but not motility. Then he used Fertilaid for men and motility boost for 2 months (the people's doctor on IG prescribed them for us after consultation) We did analysis after, both worked well too.

After few months of no show we went back to the hospital and the count has dropped again and the doctor said he shouldn't have stopped the drugs. The 3 drugs cost around 100k for each month supply, how could we spend that every month for long. But I think one can go for something less expensive like maca, addyzoa and few others to maintain the numbers (just a suggestion, you should seek your doctor's advice). So the doctor prescribed Proxeed for 2 months. 70k (hospital price) for a month supply, we got the second one cheaper, 60k from the pharmacy we got the Fertilisan.

Not sure if that worked well because we couldn't test immediately he finished the drug, it was during the serious lock down. We tested after 2.5 months and the results were not that great.

I hope this helps, if you can get the first 3 drugs I mentioned (you can as well run the idea by your doctor) and try to target your ovulation days to BD well around those months. Baby dust to you ❤

Hello ma,

Please when was this consultation with people's doc made?
I thought she has her own different drugs that she prescribed for low sperm count.,because of the way she put it... one drug combination, 2 drugs combination etc.

pls kindly respond so i don't waste money I'm supposed to use to buy drugs for consultation again.... the money no even dey, make God help person. ttc has drained my enemies finances

I anticipate your response

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by knightingale: 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Yinkus9:

Hello ma,

Please when was this consultation with people's doc made?
I thought she has her own different drugs that she prescribed for low sperm count.,because of the way she put it... one drug combination, 2 drugs combination etc.

pls kindly respond so i don't waste money I'm supposed to use to buy drugs for consultation again.... the money no even dey, make God help person. ttc has drained my enemies finances

I anticipate your response

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by EngrSarah: 1:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Omojudy:

The three wey they transfer for me even inside surrogate not my body, dey sweet me. Rubbish upon ingredients. As if it is free. Oh I had twins by the way.
Wow, congrats on your twins!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkus9: 9:32am On Jun 22, 2020
knightingale:

I understand, it will be worth it at the end. I pray God answer us soon. That was last year. We paid 5k for consultation, sent her the tests we have done and she recommended those two drugs for motility boost. The count was OK after he took Fertilisan M which we bought on our own. It increased the count from low to over 100 million, but didn't work on motility. So we contacted her only for motility.

Thank you and God bless you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by urcutecrush(f): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2020
knightingale:
Hubby had the same issue. He used Fertilsan for 3 months and it worked really well on the count but not motility. Then he used Fertilaid for men and motility boost for 2 months (the people's doctor on IG prescribed them for us after consultation) We did analysis after, both worked well too.

After few months of no show we went back to the hospital and the count has dropped again and the doctor said he shouldn't have stopped the drugs. The 3 drugs cost around 100k for each month supply, how could we spend that every month for long. But I think one can go for something less expensive like maca, addyzoa and few others to maintain the numbers (just a suggestion, you should seek your doctor's advice). So the doctor prescribed Proxeed for 2 months. 70k (hospital price) for a month supply, we got the second one cheaper, 60k from the pharmacy we got the Fertilisan.

Not sure if that worked well because we couldn't test immediately he finished the drug, it was during the serious lock down. We tested after 2.5 months and the results were not that great.

I hope this helps, if you can get the first 3 drugs I mentioned (you can as well run the idea by your doctor) and try to target your ovulation days to BD well around those months. Baby dust to you ❤
Thanks very much for the detailed response.
God bless you always�.
We will get the fertile aid count and motility boost at least a month or two months supply and will use addyzoa to maintain the numbers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Dimples14: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hello can someone please send me the E-book “It starts with an egg”

Oshopy14@yahoo.com

Thank you

miracletoday:

Sent.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lapagegirl(f): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
Mamas please someone should tag me on a post that explain how to prepare your body for ivf and questions to ask. I tried searching for it by reading backward but I could not find the post. I know I read a post about it here before.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lamay: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Phasfi:
Good morning mamas , hope we are all doing well. Please I have a question bothering my heart so so much and it’s giving me serious sleepless nights. I am 30 years old and currently in the USA doing my masters , i had my first child through ivf In Nigeria. I still have some embryos at the clinic I did my ivf in Nigeria. But am thinking whether to start a fresh ivf cycle here in the USA because my Nigeria passport has expired and it’s going to take months to renew another passport also with this corona virus pandemic I dnt know when the airport would be opened . When I did the calculation coming back and doing it in the USA it’s almost same price because of the flight tickets and accommodation in Nigeria , I wouldn’t want to stay with family. So they Dnt know much information about my plans. Since they were not aware of my first child. It was btw me n hubby. The drugs in the USA are covered by insurance So I only pay for the procedure alone
I am really confused whether to do it in Nigeria since I have frozen embryos. Or start a fresh cycle in the USA
But what happens to the embryos in naija.
Please house I would appreciate a reply in other for me to decide properly
Thanks mamas

You have a good deal in the US so go for it. You can discard your embryos in Nigeria when you don't have need for it anymore.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by veneza(f): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Omojudy:

I understand where you are coming from. Even me with my success story isn't always in a hurry to promote any clinic because I know it's more than the clinic, it's a million factors aligning together.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tessy47: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
please I need help. I dont know what to do right now, it took me many years with hard work to save for just one circle of ivf while following this group for many years since thats the only option left for me.
naw i have saved upto the required amount for at least one circle but i just discovered i have chronic ulcer which i have been treating with omeperazol and other drugs giving to me in general hospital and is over six months yet no changes upon all the drugs and home remedies
my fear and question is can an ulcer patient go for ivf?
will ivf drugs worsen the situation with the kind of pain am ulready having?
pls anyone with experience should help.
am 45 but still seeing my monthly period normally.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mummy4life1: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
tessy47:
please I need help. I dont know what to do right now, it took me many years with hard work to save for just one circle of ivf while following this group for many years since thats the only option left for me.
naw i have saved upto the required amount for at least one circle but i just discovered i have chronic ulcer which i have been treating with omeperazol and other drugs giving to me in general hospital and is over six months yet no changes upon all the drugs and home remedies
am 45.
Madam, I am also an ulcer patience too, I did IVF and it was successful with one cycle, my baby is even 2month now. Ma'am, my advice is that you should follow your doctor advice and search internet for more info too. Congratulations in advance for successful cycle

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mummy4life1: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
lapagegirl:
Mamas please someone should tag me on a post that explain how to prepare your body for ivf and questions to ask. I tried searching for it by reading backward but I could not find the post. I know I read a post about it here before.
Ma'am, check my own testimony on successful IVF journey, you will learn one or two things from it
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tessy47: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Madam, I am also an ulcer patience too, I did IVF and it was successful with one cycle, by baby is even 2month now. Ma'am, my advice is that you should follow your doctor advice and search internet for more info too. Congratulations in advance for successful cycle

thank you for responding to my question, ur quick response reduced my fear.
congratulations for your bundle of joy. I have no ivf doctor yet the only doctor am seeing for now is just general hospital doctor and one private hospital doctor cos to threeat the ulcer.
I was st eve @ ikeja in year 2014 after reading some success story about them in this group hoping to use their clinic but could not go back due to financial issue. naw i heard they have moved to lekki. i have been preparing my body in so many ways. but fear is holding me back
Am swimming in confusion everyday thinking of ulcer, my age, corona is out there, lockdown is out there what if my appointment day fall on the day of no movement?
adoption is not easy, 0ne million question with no answer in my head everyday is wearing me out
pls. I will appreciate if anyone can recommend a good ivf center around ikeja cos i no longer have the strenght to go as far as lekki.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
tessy47:
am 45 but still seeing my monthly period normally.
IVF doesn’t have any adverse effect on ulcer. Omepra.zole too is not contraindicated in pregnancy so it’s up to you to know the right thing to do. But if I were in your shoes I’ll treat the ulcer first. They can add injections for faster treatment. You can visit a teaching or general hospital for better treatment. Though there are some private hospitals that can treat well too but govt hospital will be more pocket friendly with better treatment. Ulcer is serious on its own so get it treated. I wish you success in anything you decide to do. May God see you through

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lamay: 6:06am On Jun 27, 2020
tessy47:

thank you for responding to my question, ur quick response reduced my fear.
congratulations for your bundle of joy. I have no ivf doctor yet the only doctor am seeing for now is just general hospital doctor and one private hospital doctor cos to threeat the ulcer.
I was st eve @ ikeja in year 2014 after reading some success story about them in this group hoping to use their clinic but could not go back due to financial issue. naw i heard they have moved to lekki. i have been preparing my body in so many ways. but fear is holding me back
Am swimming in confusion everyday thinking of ulcer, my age, corona is out there, lockdown is out there what if my appointment day fall on the day of no movement?
adoption is not easy, 0ne million question with no answer in my head everyday is wearing me out
pls. I will appreciate if anyone can recommend a good ivf center around ikeja cos i no longer have the strenght to go as far as lekki.

St Ives still have their office in ikeja. They have different branches. Ikeja, Ikoyi, Akowonjo and Abeokuta. You can still go back there, they didn't move. Just Google their addresses. All the best to you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by eeewise(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2020
I pray for those ttc for God to help them.
Please any suggestions for couples with children already but just desiring a particular sex (boy or girl)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Babygal2020(f): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
eeewise:
I pray for those ttc for God to help them.
Please any suggestions for couples with children already but just desiring a particular sex (boy or girl)

For boy, try and have sex on your woman's ovulation day.

For girl, have sex few days to your woman's ovulation day.

However, your wife needs to track her ovulation using transvaginal scan.

Above all, ask God for it!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jellos: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
@mummy4life1, words are not enough to show how grateful I am for the gifts(supplements and good t/fare) may God bless you with your heart desire in Jesus Mighty name, Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tessy47: 11:54am On Jul 02, 2020
Lamay:

St Ives still have their office in ikeja. They have different branches. Ikeja, Ikoyi, Akowonjo and Abeokuta. You can still go back there, they didn't move. Just Google their addresses. All the best to you.

Thank you for your encouraging word.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by knowhowk: 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
Natural therapy still works .Natural Plants with effective and Potents properties to solve Infertility still exists .Visit www.gardennaturalhealth.com Read Outstanding Testimonies .Your TTC/ Infertility Issues can be Solved as Well . WhatsApp or call .08100459321 . Natural therapist Dr.Wale .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lianna2020: 5:36am On Jul 05, 2020
grin

14 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by peacefulwealth: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
Good morning mamas,

I’m the girl with back to back chemical.

I tried again after my first iui ended in chemical too but this time natural conception.
And it stayed , in the past I never made it past 12dpo but I’m 19dpo today and couldn’t be more grateful.
I test everyday for progression because of fear that it might disappear but God been faithful.
The test attached is 19dpo.
I bought the ovaboost but not sure I took it up to 10 days and only different thing I did was prayers n fastings.
May God bless the remaining ttc[/quote]

Congratulations, may you carry to term IJN Amen

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miracletoday: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
So happy for u. Infact i still rmbred u today. Your blessing is permanent in Jesus name. In 9months, you will hold your bundles of joy.
Lianna2020:

Good morning mamas,

I tried again after my first iui ended in chemical too but this time natural conception.
And it stayed , in the past I never made it past 12dpo but I’m 19dpo today and couldn’t be more grateful.
I test everyday for progression because of fear that it might disappear but God been faithful.
I bought the ovaboost but not sure I took it up to 10 days and only different thing I did was prayers n fastings.
May God bless the remaining ttc

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mzwealthy: 1:37am On Jul 06, 2020
Congrats mama. Pls is it possible i chaT with u on whatsapp . Am thinking on using grabbo and i would like to ask some questions if you permit me God blessyou. quote author=ebonynelly post=81723117]Hi Mamas....

Long time I know...

Well, not without a good reason grin

To the glory of God I had my bouncing baby boy on 16th of August at past 9pm.

My heart is filled with joy and overwhelmed.

After almost 7 years of marriage and my first ever pregnancy and ivf procedure(at Grabbo Clinic), God has wiped my tears away with the most beautiful baby.

I pray that everyone here will receive their desired testimonies as well, Amen. [/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mzwealthy: 1:55am On Jul 06, 2020
Good day ma'am. Saw ur post in grabbo . Can i ve your contact do I chat with u . Am thinking kn cycling with them cos of cot and am in lagos so want to knw if its worth the move to abuja. GOD BLESS YOU. I AWAIT YOUR REPLY
IdomaLikita:

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 2:02am On Jul 06, 2020
Lianna2020:

Good morning mamas,

May God bless the remaining ttc
Congrats ma. Pls follow up with your doctor immediately. This has come to stay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (431) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.