Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276006 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by elizino: 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
I'm not sure how sending a mail on nairaland works, but I've sent you one.
Blendy77:

Send me an email Sis then we will talk.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mzwealthy: 3:53am On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=semisola post=90465245][/quote] I stay in lagos and am still trying to convince hubby we try abuja . Hopefully before Aug he should agree. Can i ve ur no so we can chat on WhatsApp
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mzwealthy: 3:56am On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=semisola post=90465245][/quote]am thinking around Aug Sept . I stay in lagos so trying to convince hubby we try it in abuja. Can i ve ur number so we can chat on WhatsApp.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by chibueze76: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2020
Chat me on 08120534962 let me tell you what to do
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mama2be: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello mamas to be, I’m new to this thread and I’ve gone through almost all comments and the positive outcome has given me strength to move to the next step, which is ivf. I’ve been TTC for 3 years and I have had 2 failed IUI. I also had a myomectomy a year ago. DH’s sperm analysis is normal and my hormonal levels are good too. The only issue was the high prolactin and the fibroids which we have taken care of but I have still not be able to get pregnant and I have never been. I’m starting my cycle with UBTH next month. Dos and donts will be greatly appreciated and also UBTH success rate too cos I’ve not been able to get anything on that from this thread. Mamas to be, kindly assist because I want this to be my first and only Ivf cycle

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by damibaby: 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mummytwins42:
hi MA I used bara and pap water .
Please how can one use the bara with pap water
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
kosi2018:
hi, Pls, for how long did you use the bara and pap water?, and what dosage?.
just for four days, I couldn't take it for a week
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
damibaby:

Please how can one use the bara with pap water
i bought bara bitter melon, I cut it into pieces, I added PAp water omidun, and boiled for 20min , I do take it first thing in the morning and last thing at night, a friend of mine from the whatsapp group I belong to followed this same procedure recently, she was diagnosed of bilateral tubal blockage, she repeated another hsg like two weeks ago , her tubes her fine now, according to her.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 2lovely(f): 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Interesting!! Thanks for sharing.

I can see you have answered my question earlier.

Mummytwins42:
i bought bara bitter melon, I cut it into pieces, I added PAp water omidun, and boiled for 20min , I do take it first thing in the morning and last thing at night, a friend of mine from the whatsapp group I belong to followed this same procedure recently, she was diagnosed of bilateral tubal blockage, she repeated another hsg like two weeks ago , her tubes her fine now, according to her.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Goldie16(f): 8:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Mummytwins42:
Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Gloriousheart:
May God grant miraculous bfps to all of us still waiting especially those who are tired. Those who have seen others come, get their bfps and moved on and yet are still waiting. I know how it feels. Like God, when will it get to my turn? It is well. Our time is here and Amen.

MY WIDD
I got tired of trying on my own and decided to go further. I decided to try fertility treatments. And opted for IUI -Intrauterine Insemination. I made my findings looking for a reputable hospital with a record for successful IUI not just IVF. Towerofgrace's testimony of using St. Ives, Ikoyi branch, Lagos and getting bfp gingered me. I found others who had successful IUI too with them. So I went to them- St.Ives Ikoyi branch.
Ikeja headquarters was nearer to me but I opted for the particular branch where I had heard real life IUI success experiences of mamas here.

During the course of my investigative tests with them, they saw hydrosalphinx in both tubes with one tube even enlarged. Hydrosalphinx blocks sperms from passing through for those who may not know. How will I do IUI with this? I started asking doc about IVF. Not that I had the money sef neither was I ready for IVF but I knew my chances were slimmer with IUI in light of that. My FSH was also higher than normal. Ah! Kilode? (wetin happen na) I didn't have all these before. What changed? Well, the doc -Dr Osahon of Ikoyi branch encouraged me to still do my IUI and look up to God for success. He never pushed me towards towards IVF even though it would have brought in more money for them.

He prescribed antibiotics for me for the tubes after my HSG. I also started doing castor oil massage which I learnt from here, though without the heating to avoid injury to my surgery site (I had had ovarian cyst removal surgery over a year ago). I just rubbed the castor oil on my tummy and slept off with it. I was told it will still penetrate into the reproductive system.
I believe God used the HSG, antibiotics, castor oil and warm water therapy which I will mention next, to help clear the hydro from my tubes.
Note that I stopped the castor oil before my IUI cycle cos I didn't want anything to disturb the process. Castor oil breaks down adhesions and corrects things. I felt it should have done enough abeg.

I and my DH had started the habit of drinking warm water every morning like an hour or 30mins before food... prior to the cycle I conceived. I even went further to also drink it last thing at night too for a few days. We had not even drunk warm water for two months complete before I conceived. It's just about a month plus we started it. I researched on it and I was amazed at the many benefits.
I also avoided processed sugar and sugary drinks this period. I had actually cut down seriously on sugary things since I discovered they were not good for fertility few years back.

Hubby started Addyzoa like two weeks to insemination just to boost his sperm count though we were not battling with that.

Then St.Ives does double insemination for two consecutive days. No extra charge. We did this.

I also relaxed and slept more on my left side during my successful two week wait. I also drank lots of water. I mean lots like a bottle of water every 3-4 hours. I was told it will help transport the sperms to meet the eggs. And help implantation. I limited my going out during my tww. Relaxed more at home just laying down on my left and only stepped out quickly for very important reasons. This was just to avoid stress that may hamper fertilization and implantation.
In addition, it's advisable to wear thick socks during the tww to keep Uterus warm. I didn't wear socks but I wore thick palm slippers all over the house even in my bedroom.

I didn't pray much this cycle but I prayed sometimes and just asked God for mercy cos I was tired. But I remember that after last year's Shiloh, we were told to go home and praise God with our baby items for some nights. That is do like some minutes midnight praise every night. I really worshipped and praised my God for some nights that period lifting my baby item and pleading and crying sometimes for Him to show me mercy. My new phone even fell one of the nights and the screen broke seriously. I showed God my broken phone an grin and told Him to 'compensate ' me tongue and crown my little efforts with success.
To add to my faith efforts, I brought out my baby item to my sitting room to boldly declare the presence of children in my house. Any visitors that came could see it. I was tired of trying to be careful of not being too forward. Now I didn't care. I had kids in my house. Period. If you like ask me where they were. Na you sabi lipsrsealed tongue

To cap it up, God blessed me with my first bfp on my first IUI try after much tears, waiting, negative reports etc. To Him alone be all the glory. Thank you for reading. I hope I have been able to help or ginger some mamas. God will do it for us all.

Cc meetme01
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by EngrSarah: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Okoro48:
Thanks goldie, really do appreciate would send the message across . She already called the hospital in Nigeria and they told her she still has 6 frozen left and they wouldn’t know if it’s good or bad until it’s ready for use so they would thaw them or so. But she’s afraid if the hospital just want to collect money from her. Whether she should do it In Australia. But her clinic in Australia told her they can only transfer only one strong embryo after the fresh ivf. To avoid multiple birth. That’s their clinic policy
Same policy here in the US, so annoying...How will somebody pay $20k and only transfer one. I am currently pushing for more than one at my clinic but they said "except you are above 35 and/or have bad egg quality, you will only get 1 transferred" Rubbish, my money, my body.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Caringpro(f): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
STC30 therapy is both curative and preventive. It treats all diseases because it works at the cellular level in the body. Any issues with body's tissues, organs or system starts with the cells, the building blocks, do you now see the reason Why it takes away pains and brings smiles�
So many testimonies abound on the efficacy of Stc30, these testimonies are too numerous to mention, contact us via WhatsApp link for your STC 30 https:///2348037315479?text=I'm%20Interested%20in%20STC30.%20What%20is%20the%20price

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kosi2018(f): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mummytwins42:
just for four days, I couldn't take it for a week
thanks for your response, pls when you took it did it purge you? so I'll know when to take it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 12:10am On Jun 15, 2020
EngrSarah:
Same policy here in the US, so annoying...How will somebody pay $20k and only transfer one. I am currently pushing for more than one at my clinic but they said "except you are above 35 and/or have bad egg quality, you will only get 1 transferred" Rubbish, my money, my body.
That’s why most people travel to Naija to do it. Though some Naija hospitals have started policy of not more that two as well. Did they say except you’re above 35yrs? Yet they hardly accept IVF for people over 35.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by EngrSarah: 1:31am On Jun 15, 2020
miraclebaby:
That’s why most people travel to Naija to do it. Though some Naija hospitals have started policy of not more that two as well. Did they say except you’re above 35yrs? Yet they hardly accept IVF for people over 35.
Exactly, the irony right? My doctor is actually a Nigeria but the quote from is clinic is killing, I think he agrees to transfer 2.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mzwealthy: 2:11am On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=semisola post=90465245][/quote]good evening semi i thinking aug or Sept am in lagos so am sticking trying to convince hubby we should try it in abuja cos of d price. Can u send mi ur WhatsApp no so we can chat.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2020
kosi2018:
thanks for your response, pls when you took it did it purge you? so I'll know when to take it.
yes It purged me
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Twifemmy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
[quote author=Twifemmy post=89391102][/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by urcutecrush(f): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hello mama’s.Please I need assistance on an affordable center to go to in Lagos or Ogun State to as we have decide to try for the rest of this year naturally but looking forward to ivf/iui in January.
Our health challenge is low sperm count and Our ages are female25,male35.
Tubes are open and hormones values are normal with good egg growth and ovulation but the concern is seedling fibroids which we know grows with time.
We have both treated infections in the past but there is still always staphylococcus in both sperm analysis and hvs.
We want to know if we are a good candidate for iui/ivf regardless of the staphylococcus.
Or if we can get pregnant naturally with the staphylococcus and how to improve the sperm count and if it is the staphylococcus affecting the sperm count.
I went online to research and doctors abroad don’t believe that staphylococcus can exist in the semen and it is just a contamination from the lab.
I don’t know what to do again.Please shook my in my matter.Any advice is welcome.Thanks

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jellos: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
urcutecrush:
Hello mama’s.Please I need assistance on an affordable center to go to in Lagos or Ogun State to as we have decide to try for the rest of this year naturally but looking forward to ivf/iui in January.
Tubes are open and hormones values are normal with good egg growth and ovulation but the concern is seedling fibroids which we know grows with time.
We have both treated infections in the past but there is still always staphylococcus in both sperm analysis and hvs.
We want to know if we are a good candidate for iui/ivf regardless of the staphylococcus.
Or if we can get pregnant naturally with the staphylococcus and how to improve the sperm count and if it is the staphylococcus affecting the sperm count.
I went online to research and doctors abroad don’t believe that staphylococcus can exist in the semen and it is just a contamination from the lab.
I don’t know what to do again.Please shook my in my matter.Any advice is welcome.Thanks

Hallo ma'am, have you tried Dr Ese via Instagram? The people's_doctor. I have read so many reviews of such cases she handled, just give her a trial

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viettastitches(f): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2020
hello
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Goldie16(f): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
urcutecrush:

Avoiding dairy (milk, cheese, butter) can help fibroids disappear.
And, I don't think Staphyloccocus affects fertility or it's rare.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by knightingale: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Phasfi: 3:58am On Jun 20, 2020
Good morning mamas , hope we are all doing well. Please I have a question bothering my heart so so much and it’s giving me serious sleepless nights. I am 30 years old and currently in the USA doing my masters , i had my first child through ivf In Nigeria. I still have some embryos at the clinic I did my ivf in Nigeria. But am thinking whether to start a fresh ivf cycle here in the USA because my Nigeria passport has expired and it’s going to take months to renew another passport also with this corona virus pandemic I dnt know when the airport would be opened . When I did the calculation coming back and doing it in the USA it’s almost same price because of the flight tickets and accommodation in Nigeria , I wouldn’t want to stay with family. So they Dnt know much information about my plans. Since they were not aware of my first child. It was btw me n hubby. The drugs in the USA are covered by insurance So I only pay for the procedure alone
I am really confused whether to do it in Nigeria since I have frozen embryos. Or start a fresh cycle in the USA
But what happens to the embryos in naija.
Please house I would appreciate a reply in other for me to decide properly
Thanks mamas
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Damilolly(f): 6:55am On Jun 20, 2020
Your embabies will be the age they were when frozen so should be good quality. Or you donate them
Phasfi:
Good morning mamas , hope we are all doing well. Please I have a question bothering my heart so so much and it’s giving me serious sleepless nights. I am 30 years old and currently in the USA doing my masters , i had my first child through ivf In Nigeria. I still have some embryos at the clinic I did my ivf in Nigeria. But am thinking whether to start a fresh ivf cycle here in the USA because my Nigeria passport has expired and it’s going to take months to renew another passport also with this corona virus pandemic I dnt know when the airport would be opened . When I did the calculation coming back and doing it in the USA it’s almost same price because of the flight tickets and accommodation in Nigeria , I wouldn’t want to stay with family. So they Dnt know much information about my plans. Since they were not aware of my first child. It was btw me n hubby. The drugs in the USA are covered by insurance So I only pay for the procedure alone
I am really confused whether to do it in Nigeria since I have frozen embryos. Or start a fresh cycle in the USA
Thanks mamas
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Damilolly(f): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2020
Mummytwins42:
can you add me to the group please?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Damilolly(f): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2020
Can you add me to your fertility group please?
Blendy77:

Maviscope Fertility centre Benin City is offering IVF Ferility treatment (In-vitro fertilization)N600,000(Six hundred thousand Naira) Registration starts 01/04/2020 and ends 30/04/2020 between 9am and 4pm daily
Treatments start 01/05/2020 Call:07068882112, 09056541185, 08121214499, 08073666294

That's the advert he sent me before the lockdown. A lot of women in our fertility group got results through him. Also on his facebook page, several results and deliveries weekly so will definitely recommend him any day for those trying to save cost. Like I said, this was b4 lockdown so cant tell what he's charging now as prices of most thgs have gone up due to importation restrictions so call him and hear him out. You can mention you got the infor from Fruitful Babes cos its a discount he gave the fertility group.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by EngrSarah: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2020
Phasfi:
Thanks mamas
If your drugs are covered by insurance, that is great, go for it in the US. What insurance do you have though? It's great it covers ivf drugs here!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Damilolly:
Can you add me to your fertility group please?

Send me an email Dear. If u meet the criteria u will be added. Ruonar2000@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.