Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279459 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
Uririandme:

Congratulations dear n happy birthday to your son. May celebrations never cease in his life.

Please what dosage of progynova did you use vaginally to achieve such an impressive lining?
Thanks
Amen, thank you so much
It was 2mg morning and night vaginally and 2mg orally.
When I took it only orally for my first failed cycle .It was also same dose 2mg morning, afternoon and night.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
kenny2face:
This Blendy gave me such joy, hope. Just had a failed Ivf cycle and everybody was about the money, but reading this post summed it all up for me. Will keep trying, one day, I will have what I most cherish

Hugs n kisses. U will rejoice soon Sis, trust me. Lets kno ur diagnosis n see how we can assist. One love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
nnennachiji:

Amen, thank you so much
It was 2mg morning and night vaginally and 2mg orally.
When I took it only orally for my first failed cycle .It was also same dose 2mg morning, afternoon and night.

Alright. Thanks so much for your prompt response.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omonoba1: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Good morning All! Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread. Please I want to take a relation for an IVF but would appreciate your suggestions of a good centre in Benin city. Also, I noticed most persons always recommend Lily hospitals warri and not Lily hospital in Benin city, Is there a disparity between the two?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
Omonoba1:
Good morning All! Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread. Please I want to take a relation for an IVF but would appreciate your suggestions of a good centre in Benin city. Also, I noticed most persons always recommend Lily hospitals warri and not Lily hospital in Benin city, Is there a disparity between the two?

Someone mentioned on this thread sometime ago, that Maviscope clinic along sapele road was having decent result.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Reign3(f): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
Greetings all . I'm new here and I can say that I have learnt a lot already. No one can tell it better than the person who has been there. I really appreciate all the contributions.

To my story, this is my forth year in marriage with no child yet. Although I have only been with my husband 3 times in all these years, he visits once in a year.
Last time he came, we decided to try IVF and we went to kingswilll and I was told that I have fibroid and I need to do surgery to remove it first before IVF. The fibroid is about 3cm with other ones that is not up to 2cm. The doctor suggested open surgery. I actually do not want to go through the knife. I heard there are other options to remove it. I also need a good hospital in Lagos that can handle it. Please kindly advice.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ivygreenly: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
I don't think you need an open myomectomy because of the very small size of your fibroids.
Better you do a laparoscopic myomectomy as this procedure reduces scar tissue formation and adhesions which are common with an open fibroid surgery.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
Reign3:
Greetings all . I'm new here and I can say that I have learnt a lot already. No one can tell it better than the person who has been there. I really appreciate all the contributions.

To my story, this is my forth year in marriage with no child yet. Although I have only been with my husband 3 times in all these years, he visits once in a year.
Last time he came, we decided to try IVF and we went to kingswilll and I was told that I have fibroid and I need to do surgery to remove it first before IVF. The fibroid is about 3cm with other ones that is not up to 2cm. The doctor suggested open surgery. I actually do not want to go through the knife. I heard there are other options to remove it. I also need a good hospital in Lagos that can handle it. Please kindly advice.
Ask him if he would do a Uterine artery embolization or keyhole surgery as against open surgery .Your fibroids are small in size and in my opinion shouldn’t impact fertility.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omonoba1: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Uririandme:

Someone mentioned on this thread sometime ago, that Maviscope clinic along sapele road was having decent result.
okay thank you!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 2:20am On Oct 10, 2021
Reign3:

I have 2 fibroids and still had a successful cycle. I didn’t remove it. It depends on location
My fibroid is the same size as yours

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bamavalon: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, I have one pack of addyzoa to give out, am in DUTSE Abuja, if u need it , pls signify.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bamavalon:
Good afternoon everyone, I have one pack of addyzoa to give out, am in DUTSE Abuja, if u need it , pls signify.
interested pls
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bamavalon: 6:41am On Oct 11, 2021
Bunny19:
interested pls
email me your number, let me call u, are u close to DUTSE, Abuja?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dryenzzaxies: 6:43am On Oct 11, 2021
uhui
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 7:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Expectantmom: 8:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Ladygracy:
Morning mamas please i am worried I am still bleeding. Those that had a failed ivf cycle in the past, how long did you bleed please. I have bled for 12 days now, (9days b4 test day and 3days after failed cycle). how then do I know my next ovulation since I want to try naturally for now. Is it normal to bleed this long.
So sorry about this failed cycle. May God grant you your heart desires soonest.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2021
Bamavalon:
email me your number, let me call u, are u close to DUTSE, Abuja?
My number , let me know when u have it so I can delete it. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2021
Expectantmom:

So sorry about this failed cycle. May God grant you your heart desires soonest.
Thank you mama, I am still recovering from this. Mot easy at all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amazinggrace71: 11:30am On Oct 11, 2021
Ladygracy:
Morning mamas please i am worried I am still bleeding. Those that had a failed ivf cycle in the past, how long did you bleed please. I have bled for 12 days now, (9days b4 test day and 3days after failed cycle). how then do I know my next ovulation since I want to try naturally for now. Is it normal to bleed this long.
Is it spotting or an actual period? Actual period can last at least 7 days if it was a failed cycle. Prepare for the heaviest and worst period of your entire life.
Then, if it's spotting, spotting will continue until the actual period comes. Unfortunately the ivf messes up your hormones. So sorry you have to go through this. It sucks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amazinggrace71: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2021
Reign3:

Nordica does a procedure that removes fibroids without surgery. It's a new technology. I think they use laser or something.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amazinggrace71: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2021
Omonoba1:
Unfortunately, it's actually the doctor in a particular branch that makes the difference and not the 'clinic name'. I would recommend that you even go as far as asking the name of the particular doctor that did the successful transfers in the Lilly clinic. If that doctor is permanently in their warri facility, then I'll suggest that you pack your bags and go to the warri clinic since it's not very far away.
I'm telling you all this from personal experience.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Amazinggrace71: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2021
Does anyone have experience with lining that was too thick? And cycle had to be cancelled
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Expectantmom: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ladygracy:
Thank you mama, I am still recovering from this. Mot easy at all
God is your strength mama and you shall smile very soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
Amazinggrace71:

Is it spotting or an actual period? Actual period can last at least 7 days if it was a failed cycle. Prepare for the heaviest and worst period of your entire life.
Then, if it's spotting, spotting will continue until the actual period comes. Unfortunately the ivf messes up your hormones. So sorry you have to go through this. It sucks.
oh okay I see thanks mama, is an actual period
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omonoba1: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Amazinggrace71:

Unfortunately, it's actually the doctor in a particular branch that makes the difference and not the 'clinic name'. I would recommend that you even go as far as asking the name of the particular doctor that did the successful transfers in the Lilly clinic. If that doctor is permanently in their warri facility, then I'll suggest that you pack your bags and go to the warri clinic since it's not very far away.
I'm telling you all this from personal experience.
okay. Thank you very much!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Reign3(f): 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ivygreenly:
I don't think you need an open myomectomy because of the very small size of your fibroids.
Better you do a laparoscopic myomectomy as this procedure reduces scar tissue formation and adhesions which are common with an open fibroid surgery.

That's has been my fear. I went back to the doctor to suggest laparoscopy but he kicked against it saying that the fibroid is outside the womb and may not be accessed through this procedure.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Reign3(f): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Tutu82:

Ask him if he would do a Uterine artery embolization or keyhole surgery as against open surgery .Your fibroids are small in size and in my opinion shouldn’t impact fertility.

Thank you so much. I actually suggested other procedures but he insisted it must be an open surgery because of the position of the fibroid.
The fibroid is actually sitting on the fundal pole of the uterus. Even though is small, it distorted the shape of the uterus. He also said that could be the reason why I'm not pregnant yet.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Reign3(f): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Amazinggrace71:

Nordica does a procedure that removes fibroids without surgery. It's a new technology. I think they use laser or something.

Okay thanks. I will reach out to them to get second opinion.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Reign3(f): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
nnennachiji:

I have 2 fibroids and still had a successful cycle. I didn’t remove it. It depends on location

The position is the problem in my case.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Reign3:

Thank you so much. I actually suggested other procedures but he insisted it must be an open surgery because of the position of the fibroid.
The fibroid is actually sitting on the fundal pole of the uterus. Even though is small, it distorted the shape of the uterus. He also said that could be the reason why I'm not pregnant yet.
Ild say get a second opinion from another hospital just to be double sure.For each time you have a surgery there are risks involved and also your body in an effort to heal forms scars tissues/adhesions so you need to be convinced this is your absolute best options.
You are in my prayers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by njidekachi: 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
pls which clinic did u use. kindly share with me
The info will go along way, pls help

nnennachiji:

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bisisho(f): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Reign3:

Okay thanks. I will reach out to them to get second opinion.

Yes please, get a second opinion at another hospital. Check out Euracare hospital too. They do uterine artery embolization. The one Nordica does is HIFU, High Intensity Fibroid...

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.