Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,528 members, 7,837,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1285932 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
GMs:
Good morning mamas. Please recommend clinics for me, I was at A fertility clinic on the island in Lagos and I have been so down with their charge, haven’t paid for consultation and tests amounting 270,000, the bill they gave us was 4,7M for two cycles and 3.6M for one cycle, and that’s way out of budget, The breakdown for one cycle is;

Hysteroscopy; 400K

FET; 850K

iVf: 1M

Drugs 833K

Additional drugs 380K

And other stuffs I don’t remember, please I need your help! Recommend clinics for me pls

I prefer Lagos but I don’t mind traveling to Abuja as long as it’s a good clinic with drs who’s not just about money but achieving result
I think some things are optional, like the FET, if you don't want to freeze the eggs no need of that, then the additional drugs, that's the one after egg transfer, it's optional too, you either buy from the clinic or you source for it outside, and I tell you it's not even up to half of that price outside. Lagos doctors I really dont know why they like inflating their prices, I collected list from them and got the drugs outside.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ivygreenly: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
The number 2 conclusion of your scan results says you have two fibroids in your uterus, the fibroids are small in size though.
monchat:
Hello house pls who can interpret this scan result for me. Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
The general complain was that during the promo period, they don't individualize treatment based on each patients uniqueness. Rather, they just follow a set of laid down procedures.
About two members made that observation on this thread.
Omojudy:

Please tell us some of the observations.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
Congratulations Ma. The joy the Lord has given you,no force on earth will come against it,it is permanent.
DoubleeT:

Yes it was successful

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
tabontabon:
The general complain was that during the promo period, they don't individualize treatment based on each patients uniqueness. Rather, they just follow a set of laid down procedures.
About two members made that observation on this thread.
Oh ok. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
GMs:
Good morning mamas. Please recommend clinics for me, I was at A fertility clinic on the island in Lagos and I have been so down with their charge, haven’t paid for consultation and tests amounting 270,000, the bill they gave us was 4,7M for two cycles and 3.6M for one cycle, and that’s way out of budget, The breakdown for one cycle is;

Hysteroscopy; 400K

FET; 850K

Drugs 833K

Additional drugs 380K

And other stuffs I don’t remember, please I need your help! Recommend clinics for me pls

I prefer Lagos but I don’t mind traveling to Abuja as long as it’s a good clinic with drs who’s not just about money but achieving result
Last i did hyteroscopy was 200k.
Why do you want to do an hysteroscopy?
And post transfer drugs must not be bought from the clinic.
I dont know which hospital you went to but a few affordable hospitals like Adocare, ST Ives, Olive, etc dey lagos. And kingswill, do people still go to kingswill? Then the Primecare in abj?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Same situation as you, only difference is that I've done my hysteroscopy and tests. Ivf and drugs is still at 1.8m. Reason I'm willing to go to abuja. I just need someone that has been in my shoes to encourage me.

I used to live in port harcourt but cycled in Abuja after a failed cycle in port harcourt . It was not easy due to accommodation and I used flights due to bad road. It was in 2018 and was successful. So it’s doable
Planning on cycling again next year and will be traveling from the States , so will be more expensive
I plan on using primecare but my former clinic was fertilaid but they are more expensive now

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2021
GMs:

Hysteroscopy; 400K

FET; 850K

Drugs 833K

Additional drugs 380K

It is well, i think most clinics have reviewed their prices due to exchange rate. The 2 clinics i know are now between 1.8 - 2.3m depending on medication

Origene Health Services, Ikoyi
Green-onyx fertility, Opebi
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyAD: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Good morning mamas and Mamas to be my Retrieval is next week please what and what should I do to prepare ahead of that day
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oh great thank you for this. I'm encouraged. I'm using primecare too by God's grace

nnennachiji:

I used to live in port harcourt but cycled in Abuja after a failed cycle in port harcourt . It was not easy due to accommodation and I used flights due to bad road. It was in 2018 and was successful. So it’s doable
Planning on cycling again next year and will be traveling from the States , so will be more expensive
I plan on using primecare but my former clinic was fertilaid but they are more expensive now

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Thank you so much for the positive words of encouragement and Amen to your prayers.
God bless you.
joliefille:

You will get that which you desire by God's grace. Rest, eat well, take multivitamins and exercise. Be in the best frame of mind.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=Mamajolly post=106188618][/quote]please use kingswill instead. There is this woman that used them for iui and got pregnant on a list try
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Okoro48: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hello mamas , please I have a question what prenatal vitamins and supplements can one take before doing a frozen embryo transfer , also is prednisone compulsory for a frozen transfer. Pls help a friend thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GMs: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
I went to Nordica, had myomectomy 2 years back and they said they needed to do that to be prepare my womb and hence reason for hysteroscopy.

Omojudy:

Last i did hyteroscopy was 200k.
Why do you want to do an hysteroscopy?
And post transfer drugs must not be bought from the clinic.
I dont know which hospital you went to but a few affordable hospitals like Adocare, ST Ives, Olive, etc dey lagos. And kingswill, do people still go to kingswill? Then the Primecare in abj?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 3:58am On Sep 30, 2021
GMs:
I went to Nordica, had myomectomy 2 years back and they said they needed to do that to be prepare my womb and hence reason for hysteroscopy.

What have you decided to do now?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 5:07am On Sep 30, 2021
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2021
Ladygracy:
Spotting five days after transfer please what should i do, so scared
Call ur doctor and observe total bed rest. Also suggest if he can up the dose of your progesterone shot. Don't worry,it will be well. I heard spotting is a good sign for some people. Wishing u a sticky bean
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Bunny19:
Call ur doctor and observe total bed rest. Also suggest if he can up the dose of your progesterone shot. Don't worry,it will be well. I heard spotting is a good sign for some people. Wishing u a sticky bean
Thank you mama
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Ladygracy:

Hope you were given progesterone be it cyclogest/duphaston?
I spotted a week after transfer and got my bfp same week so could be implantation bleeding, just call your hospital to let them know and rest pls don't stress yourself, hope it is not much.

congratulations in advance, all the best sis,

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2021
It may be that /congratulations are in order. This is usually indicative of implantation of the embies into your uterus. Particularly if you had
day 5 transfer. It happens a lot with multiples too. God's grace.

Ladygracy:

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2021
Towerofgrace:

Hope you were given progesterone be it cyclogest/duphaston?
I spotted a week after transfer and got my bfp same week so could be implantation bleeding, just call your hospital to let them know and rest pls don't stress yourself, hope it is not much.

congratulations in advance, all the best sis,

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
It may be that /congratulations are in order. This is usually indicative of implantation of the embies into your uterus. Particularly if you had
day 5 transfer. It happens a lot with multiples too. God's grace.

Amen I am trying to be positive. Thanks mama
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2021
Hello Mamas,
I decided to tell my story so that some others will be encouraged. I am 46 years. Had my 1st after 7 years of Marriage and 2 failed IVFs. Since then, I have had 3 other failed cycles. Somehow, God brought a destiny helper my way who encouraged me to try again and actually introduced PrimeCare to me. We had already run tests at a more expensive clinic for 245k against the 100k charged in PrimeCare. With God on our side, Dr Ese accepted to use the results and we started our cycle. we had 3 day 5 embbies transferred and 5 days later, I was spotting. This did not happen with my first. (that one was seamless that I didn't even remember i was pregnant and had to constantly pee on a stick to confirm)
.The spotting lasted for a few hours and stopped completely.
By day 10 post transfer I was peeing way too much and surreptitiously used a test stripe (100 naira ones o�) that night. I saw a clear but slightly faint line. I did the 2nd one early in the morning and it was so deep. Rather than wait till 14th day for my blood test, I went in that day and was confirmed Preggy.
At my first Scan, I realised that all 3 embbies took and we are having triplets. Go be praised!!! Shock, disbelief, relief ... (all join). I was gobsmacked but I know that God will strengthen me and complete what He started.
God's grace to us all

[/quote]

37 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 10:13am On Sep 30, 2021
Ladygracy:
Yes mama I am on duphaston. I got to the hospital and I was given primolut injection. N more for every 4 days. I am just trying to be hopeful.

Great pro-activeness, pls just rest no stress at all. All is well by God's grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
I decided to tell my story so that some others will be encouraged. I am 46 years. Had my 1st after 7 years of Marriage and 2 failed IVFs. Since then, I have had 3 other failed cycles. Somehow, God brought a destiny helper my way who encouraged me to try again and actually introduced PrimeCare to me. We had already run tests at a more expensive clinic for 245k against the 100k charged in PrimeCare. With God on our side, Dr Ese accepted to use the results and we started our cycle. we had 3 day 5 embbies transferred and 5 days later, I was spotting. This did not happen with my first. (that one was seamless that I didn't even remember i was pregnant and had to constantly pee on a stick to confirm)
By day 10 post transfer I was peeing way too much and surreptitiously used a test stripe (100 naira ones o�) that night. I saw a clear but slightly faint line. I did the 2nd one early in the morning and it was so deep. Rather than wait till 14th day for my blood test, I went in that day and was confirmed Preggy.
At my first Scan, I realised that all 3 embbies took and we are having triplets. Go be praised!!! Shock, disbelief, relief ... (all join). I was gobsmacked but I know that God will strengthen me and complete what He started.
God's grace to us all

Happy bumping sis. God will see you through to the end. Thanks for ur encouragement. God bless u for me kiss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 10:25am On Sep 30, 2021
Towerofgrace:

Great pro-activeness, pls just rest no stress at all. All is well by God's grace
Thank you, resting now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
God's grace to us all

Wow congratulations mama
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
I decided to tell my story so that some others will be encouraged. I am 46 years.
God's grace to us all

Congratulations
Not all bleed after transfer is loss.
Doc Ese is doing well. Unlike some clinics that all they do is seek your money. No empathy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
God's grace to us all

Wow Congratulations!!!! Your story is truly inspiring. I’m also considering cycling with primecare by God’s grace. May the same blessing fall upon me & other mama’s in the waiting, Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
God's grace to us all

I am beyond happy for you and Tap from your faith and goodnews.Congratulations and May you carry to term and enjoy the fruit of your womb.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Twinbella: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
God's grace to us all

Congratulations mama,u will carry to term. i tap from your testimony.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
AwesomeGod:
Hello Mamas,
God's grace to us all

Congratulations mama!! Smooth 9 months journey in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Tripletwins222

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.