Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279836 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by opelistic1(f): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
@ pm05537 congratulations, am so happy for u and ur wife. Truly a special gift.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmazeBalls(f): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
@pm05537,a very big congrats to ur family,I pray dt those of us in d waiting room will get ours very soon by Allah's will,ameen

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
@pm05337 a big congratulations my brother, am so happy for you. Am also happy that i have a brother in d house cos up until now i only had great n rugged sisters who have been showing satan shege. Am proud of you all for not giving up on this struggle. "it is such fun to see such fun to see satan lose, satan is a loser man (5x) all the time'. Am awaiting more of this, plssssss my God and my Lord, from all my sisters, do this for my joy to be full. Thank you our mighty God.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pm, this is good news and we thank God. I wish u and madam stress free 9m. Congrats once again and sparkling baby dusts to all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 12:01am On Mar 20, 2013
@ My sisters.....Thank you very much for all your prayers, love and care.....I wish all my sisters in the waiting room God's favour......Pls don't give up.....hey bro how is madam and the twins? Am praying for twins also....it is well!
@ blendy77 ow are the boyz?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chi9: 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wow...am new here, and honestly am so touched with the post and testimonies, it's so encouraging. I have been TTC since 2009, I got preggy in 2010, but lost it almost immediately, since then, ive not been able to take in again, they are pressures already from my husband's family,myself and my hubby have been discussing on trying IVF, but we've not concluded cos of financial issues, we are not very rich, and at the moment we can only afford about 500k for IVF, I don't no how possible it will be, please my good people I need your advice on what to do, will appreciate it. May God meet us all at the point of our need.....please oooo help a sister in need!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hello everyone, heard this advert on the radio as I driving home yesterday and today concerning an NGO who is willing to assist those who are having difficulties in child bearing but cannot afford the cost of IVF. Kindly look up the website www.ftsfng.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Will reconfirm the website and post it here.the advert is on inspiration fm 92.3.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sweettweet: 8:58am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello All,
took me 3days to read through this thread from the 1st page. Reading thru evryone's story bring tears to my eyes.
i join in thanking God for those who have gotten their LOs ( blendy,olikili,mamapikin etc). May God continually make them a source of joy to ur family, to those on the 9m course(inwangobio, pm5337, believer etc) may God make it a smooth journey for u and make u all bring for great and pious children).
for my sisters (psalm23, venus,safe,amazeballs,abibby, others i cant remeber) still in God's waiting list, u are in my prayers. It doesnt reduce God's bounty if he decides to give everyone children, which i am hopeful he will. STAY STRONG AND NEVER DESPAIR OF GOD's MERCY. HE WILL SURELY DO IT.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 10:06am On Mar 22, 2013
@pm05337 congratulations ,@ inwangobio am thinking of trying Abuja o,my brother lives in Abuja and has been harrassing me to come to see Shuaibu,they attend the same church(HOTR) but how will i cope with the monitoring part plus i hate to fly,can you please ask shuaibu if he can treat someone living in Lagos,how madam ,no vex should have asked,am not in a hurry to start treatment again at least IVF but i need to gather information and make up my mind.@ chi9 i don't know anywhere in Nigeria where you can do ivf at 500k ,maybe St Ives when they start their promo but if you can have 500k am sure you can save additional 500k,but in the mean time why don't you look for a good gynae since you got preggo naturally in 2010,am sure you can still get preggo naturally again,start saving as a back up plan and try seeing another gynae who won't tell you to do ivf after three months.As for the pressure my darling what can i say,i just had a failed ivf cycle and people tell me am strong,maybe i am but you see God is not an emotional God,he's only moved by our constant faith and perserverance in him when i had a miscarriage at 18weeks in 2009,i thought i was loosing my mind ,infact i left my house with a small bag like a mad woman,but you see a friend who saw my state called our pastor and he asked me to see him and guess what he said to me "REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE GO THROUGH IN LIFE GOD REMAINS FAITHFUL" and he told me the story of a couple who after 6yrs of waiting eventually got pregnant and when she was abt 6months ,she had a fatal accident and of course lost the baby,but now they have all the children they want.Life in itself is not fair,there are people who can afford IVF easily without saving for 2months and they get preggo naturally and vice versa at least most people.For everyone and chi9 please let's reduce this pressure,i know some families are wicked but since we have all been ttc or doing IVF can anyone tell me a family member gave them 1mm for treatment apart from your spouse?very unlikely or will they pay your children's school fees when you eventually have them,you know why am saying all this?Delays are longer cos of anxiety and pressure,the last time i had a mc ,i started having panic attack episodes ,migraines,dizzy spells,etc just because i was putting myself under pressure to get preggo again,i know it's tough but please let's all learn to put anxiety aside no matter the pressure and let's pray for favour with our spouses and in laws,am learning to pray abt anything and evrything.Above all when God made man he gave us dominion over everything thing on the face of the earth,that includes EVERYTHING,IVF,ICSI,OVULATION INDUCTION,BLOCKED TUBES,DOCTORS,UNFRUITFULNESS(I HATE TO CALL IT BARENNESS OR INFERTILITY)and it's not bibilical to keep spending our hard earned money on IVF ot whatever(note that i don't have a problem with this) but i need us to understand that we need to attack the root of this problem which is Mr Devil,not spiritual wife or hubby or in law or some witch from our villages.The devil is our common enemy and he is the cause of unfruitfulness so let us agree together in prayers everyday,everyhour,every minute that we are delivered from the curse of barenness.
When God said everything he created was good in the beginning,he meant it and that includes our wombs,tubes,sperm and every reproductive organ in our bodies.For the christains amongst us do you know that after God cursed cain he still went ahead to have Enoch and still built a city for God,how much more when you are not under the curse of God?This is the summary of my long epistle,let us fight this matter with all the arsenals with we have,first of all the word of God and then medical expertise.Remember it all ends and begings with him.We have overcome.Please pray for everone on Nairaland that is ttc and also everyone preggo at the moment.@ chi9 i saw on a blog of a doctor who they say he's good with fertility treatment especially ovulation ,someone who had a faild ivf used him and got preggo naturally,maybe you want to try him.His name is Dr Smith ,i think he's clinic is somewhere in surulere.It's friday please guys let's have some rest o

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Tanidabi my sister I understand where you are coming from. The truth is that TTC brings out lots of emotion. Today you feel strong and feel in control and tomorrow it's another story where you find yourself sinking again.

It's crazy but I thank God for His grace that has carried us through these past 11 years. First ever pregnancy through ICSI ended in in miscarriage at 24 weeks. Baby came and lived for like 10 minutes then she died in my arms. God was with me through those period. I could have been depressed but His mercy said No. Have tried 3 more cycles and 2 FET with no success. Right now I am on my 4 ICSI and my test date is tomorrow. I went into this cycle telling myself that I have seen it all hence I was going to take it one day at a time in God's presence and allow him to glorify himself in our lives.

TCC is stressfull and if you are not careful it can steal your joy from you. But I settled that as far back as 2003 that nothing and I. absolutely nothing will steal my joy from me.

Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls— Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. (Habakkuk 3:17, 18 NKJV).

Live your life to the fullest, do whatever you believe you need to do, but don't think happiness or your joy is dependent on the birth of your children, by God's grace your children will come.

Y'all have a wonderful and God centered weekend.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ticha: 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
@ Smiler, you post put joy in heart this afternoon! It will be good news for you tomorrow!
I have had a rollercoaster 2 weeks. One of my students is pregnant and is 17. She is also in foster care and has been since age 3. I have had to attend scans with her cos no one else will and uptil yesterday, she wasn't sure if she would keep then baby. She is 24 weeks so can't terminate now.
Of course, being in a postion of authority over her, I can't even advice unless I wan lose job!
Then went for my appointment and consultant wants me to wait till next cycle before starting again which is mid next month. It seems so far away!
I'm taking the opportunity to eat right and lose another 2kg off my weight.
Remain blessed all and baby dust to us xx
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmatuRahman: 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hello all,
I pray that almighty Allah will let the test of all in 2ww come out positive,and pray that He will bless us all with pious children soon In Sha Allah.
Dr emeka called us yesterday evening that our results are out and he is advising us to do ivf and we're looking at doing that by next month.
You all should pls asisst us in your prayer that God almighty will let this be a successful cycle for us and God shld make it the first and last ivf for us. And pls pray for everybody that re ttc that God shld answer all of us prayers this year and grant us all with blessed and pious children. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikeladea: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
hello friends.i think we should each write a book on our journey to motherhood. i began writing mine in 2009, putting down my various experiences and i believe God that my book would soon be done and would open up another chapter of testimonies. Am considering topics like
a. Journey to motherhood
b. tales of a travailing mother
c. the anguish of a waiting mother
e. here comes my Isaac
f. MY samuel is here

kindly give me more titles for my book.

thanks wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
darling smiler,God will rebuke the devourer for your sake this time around,i love your spirit and God will honour you this time around,was alomost crying when i went through your post,let us keep celebrating because we will forever celebrate.@ most merciful God is on your side o no shaking @ Ticha it is well are you going the IVf route,i want to relax and try naturally,i wanted to see a doc tomm but i figured out i should just wait till my next period so i won't have to pay for consultancy tomm and another one next cycle jare,all this HMO's no dey cover fertility treatment.kikeladea very good idea maybe i should start writing a journal too,can't think of a name now but i think you should look for something more humourous.Smiler it is very well with you ,i think IVF or this journey to ttc usually works when we get to that point of absolute surrender,and i have a feeling this is your season,thanks for sharing your story,am deeply touched & encouraged,like someone said to me when you have your baby in the end ,it's all so worth it.Enjoy!!!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by koreye: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
mostmerciful: Hello all,
I pray that almighty Allah will let the test of all in 2ww come out positive,and pray that He will bless us all with pious children soon In Sha Allah.
Dr emeka called us yesterday evening that our results are out and he is advising us to do ivf and we're looking at doing that by next month.
You all should pls asisst us in your prayer that God almighty will let this be a successful cycle for us and God shld make it the first and last ivf for us. And pls pray for everybody that re ttc that God shld answer all of us prayers this year and grant us all with blessed and pious children. Amen
Allah will answer ur Duaas and grant u ur heart desires amin

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 5:25am On Mar 23, 2013
Smiler my sister, that is d spirit my dear ie the spirit that will make the devil go crazy, that despite d situation u can still praise God. That passage is one of my favourites esp in vs 19 that says 'He will make me to walk upon my high places'. I join my faith with all my sisters' own n declare that all of u will triumph over childlessness. God will perfect it, pls continue to wait on the Lord.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nne81: 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Nne81: I started this journey after I discovered I had blocked tubes and then endometriosis. I did ICSI 2x and IUI 5x, all negative. I have done one ivf in Abuja with 4 8 cell grade A embies transfered. but it was a BFN. I just had my FET and on d 2ww now, keeping my fingers crossed. I leave everything in God's hand because nothing is difficult for Him to do. I have been married for 7 years and d ttc journey is a tough one. @ newbies I used felopio to open my tubes, both are patent now. You can send me ur email if u want to try it and I will give you more details. Also note that its 100 per suscess rate if u have not had tubal surgery before. God's favour to you all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmazeBalls(f): 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
I went for my pt today and it was negative,we plan God plans,He is d best of planners.

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
@Amazeballs! So sorry. He will still visit you just believe. Nothing is impossible before him and that's why he is called GOD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
Tested negative today.

Always remember that God has given you everything that pertains to life, including children. Don't ever give up and don't ever lose your hope.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 9:35pm On Mar 23, 2013
AmazeBalls: I went for my pt today and it was negative,we plan God plans,He is d best of planners.

Big bear hug my sister. “I will look favorably upon you, making you fertile and multiplying your people. And I will fulfill my covenant with you. (Leviticus 26:9 NLT)

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmatuRahman: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
@ amazeballs,

It is well,God sees and knows it all. I pray that God answer us all this year by blessing us with blessed and pious children. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ticha: 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
Smiler and Amazeballs, it is just a matter of time. That BFP will come. Ehugs to you both!

@Tanidabi, it's IVF and I am hoping that all the BD this month won't waste either grin!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
It is well my Sisters! God has not retired yet so keep the faith because He will definitely visit u. Big e-hugs to both of u.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmatuRahman: 11:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
@ smiler,

It is well. God is in control and He will answer our prayers this year by His grace. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmazeBalls(f): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2013
A big thank you to everyone for your kind words,I pray dt God will visit all those in d waiting room soon and grant all those pregnant a very stress free nd safe landing journey amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
@ nne81. Pls I want more info on this felopio,does it work when there is serious adhesion in the tubes?my email cyfoltz@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
Oh Smiler my sister, it is well. I pray God surprise you and hubby soonest. He will surely do it for you two.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 9:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
It is well my sisters...

The Spirit of God says I have stood with you through every storm. I have stood with you in the rain. I have stood with you in the wilderness. I have stood with you on the heavenly high mountain tops. I have stood with you when the sun has not smitten you by day nor the moon by night. I have been your keeper. I have not slept. I have not slumbered. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. Always remember that I did not bring you this far to leave you stranded says the LORD.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hi my people, Have anyone tried ICI? I never knew such thing did exist until I stumbled upon it on the internet yesterday. This is a link to the success rate.
http://parenting.itags.org/wap_q_parenting_111755

And this one is about ICI. Funny enough, this treatment is DIY and it doesn't cost anything at all.

http://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/homeinsem.html

http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/29344/bfp-from-at-home-iui-no-speculumcatheter/
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chi9: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2013
@tanidabi thanks so much for your words of encouragement. Will keep trying and believing in Gods report about child bearing concerning me......may G meet us all at the point of our needs. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.