Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279671 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 6:25am On Jan 11, 2023
stonecoldcafe:
When is the best time to start another cycle after a failed one?

It all depend on when you are ready,I will usually advise you give your self some time to heal,process and re plan and also its said that it takes about 3 months for you to improve on good egg quality for a new cycle.

Though I have seen people who start the next cycle and still have a successful cycle,so at d end of the day,do what works for you and also follow your doctor's advise.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bennytwin: 6:32am On Jan 11, 2023
Preggymum:

Good evening mama, pls are you in lagos? I want to know where you took zoladex injection, my gynae seems not to know what zoladex is. Kindly reply me. Thanks

No dear,I am not in Lagos.
Is your gynae a consultant? I think any experienced person in giving the injection can give it though. It is given in the stomach.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by stonecoldcafe: 7:22am On Jan 11, 2023
mimitoosh:

It all depend on when you are ready,I will usually advise you give your self some time to heal,process and re plan and also its said that it takes about 3 months for you to improve on good egg quality for a new cycle.

Though I have seen people who start the next cycle and still have a successful cycle,so at d end of the day,do what works for you and also follow your doctor's advise.

Thank you, God bless
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2023
stonecoldcafe:

It all depends on you and your Dr who will check reasons for the failed cycle , I started another one immediately the failed one came out a period. So it was like 20 days interval between them. I think that was because the one that failed would have survived if I had not taken dates and pineapple during the 2 weeks wait . The Dr felt it's good I had a repeat immediately.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
I would advice Immediately if it’s FET. For a fresh transfer (a month break or so) just so your body can heal from all the injections and meds. Baby dust to you
stonecoldcafe:

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejima4: 1:10am On Jan 12, 2023
Please mothers reply, fact about endometrial scratch, where can it be carried out in the hospital or..., Who performs it? Henmaris please respond please
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hi Mamas! I've been trawling through this thread for the last few weeks and it has been both revealing and scary.

I got married in 2019 and found out I had Grave's disease (Hyperthyroidism) few months before my wedding. DH and I decided to wait for the Grave's to go into remission before we started TTC. After months of drug therapy and finally becoming euthyroid, we started TTC in July 2021. After some months with no success, We did tests and found out I was not ovulating and I had endometriomas in both my ovaries. 8 cycles of Ovulation Induction with no success we've decided to go the IVF route. Based on comments on this thread, we decided to go with PF Medical and we're happy with our choice.

We've done the preliminary tests; Viral markers, SIS and AMH and everything is a go. The doctor says we will be using an antagonist protocol because my AMH is very high and I have high risk for OHSS. We shall be commencing the process once I get my next period.

I'm adding to this thread because I feel like it will be nice to have a support system while undergoing this journey; especially surviving the 2WW. I'll have questions and will be hoping for your kind responses.

10 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Peachesarewhite: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
The procedure will be a success in Jesus name. I want to believe you prepared your body well before commencing, haven gone through the thread, and most importantly, commit it to God and watch him do wonders.

I'm thinking of using PF as well. How do I reach you please?

TwinHeart:
Hi Mamas! I've been trawling through this thread for the last few weeks and it has been both revealing and scary.

I got married in 2019 and found out I had Grave's disease (Hyperthyroidism) few months before my wedding. DH and I decided to wait for the Grave's to go into remission before we started TTC. After months of drug therapy and finally becoming euthyroid, we started TTC in July 2021. After some months with no success, We did tests and found out I was not ovulating and I had endometriomas in both my ovaries. 8 cycles of Ovulation Induction with no success we've decided to go the IVF route. Based on comments on this thread, we decided to go with PF Medical and we're happy with our choice.

We've done the preliminary tests; Viral markers, SIS and AMH and everything is a go. The doctor says we will be using an antagonist protocol because my AMH is very high and I have high risk for OHSS. We shall be commencing the process once I get my next period.

I'm adding to this thread because I feel like it will be nice to have a support system while undergoing this journey; especially surviving the 2WW. I'll have questions and will be hoping for your kind responses.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Amen! Thank you. I've been on Folic Acid, B12 and Vit E for the last 2 years, I've adjusted my diet and I do light exercises. Hoping for the best and leaving it all to God!.

I've responded to you via email.

Peachesarewhite:
The procedure will be a success in Jesus name. I want to believe you prepared your body well before commencing, haven gone through the thread, and most importantly, commit it to God and watch him do wonders.

I'm thinking of using PF as well. How do I reach you please?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=TwinHeart post=120037867]Hi Mamas! I've been trawling through this thread for the last few weeks and it has been both revealing and scary.

Weldone mama,it will be successful by the grace of God,am also using PF medical also,we can be hospital buddy if you don't mind,here is my email
Mimitoosh@gmail.com,you can reach me so we can catch up if you don't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2023
[quote author=mimitoosh post=120078784][/quote]

Hi Mimi. Amen, Thank you. I already sent you an email and you sent me the book “It starts with an egg” cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2023
TwinHeart:

Hi Mimi. Amen, Thank you. I already sent you an email and you sent me the book “It starts with an egg” cheesy

Oh that's true,smile,didn't realise iys you sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulvine83: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
TwinHeart post=120037867]Hi Mamas! I've been trawling through this thread for the last few weeks and it has been both revealing and scary.

I'm adding to this thread because I feel like it will be nice to have a support system while undergoing this journey; especially surviving the 2WW. I'll have questions and will be hoping for your kind responses. [/quote]

It is well with you.
Please what does the doctor says about the endometrioma? Are they going to aspirate it? I have one.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nikkytwiny: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2023
Please TwinHeart, I would like to ask questions about PF medical. Please how do I get in touch with you?. Thinking of to using them.

It is well with you.
Please what does the doctor says about the endometrioma? Are they going to aspirate it? I have one. [/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lilianngozi(f): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2023
Mamaejima4:

Please where is save a life and vaden located
owerri imo state
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nikkytwiny:
Please TwinHeart, I would like to ask questions about PF medical. Please how do I get in touch with you?. Thinking of to using them.
It is well with you.
Please what does the doctor says about the endometrioma? Are they going to aspirate it? I have one.
You can send me an email at lagoscouchpotato@gmail.com
He says the endometrioma is small and will not affect oocyte collection so there's no need for aspiration or removal.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnemak(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
The procedures will end with a successful birth for us all.

TwinHeart:

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nickigold(f): 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hello everyone

I have cyclogest 400mg and Duphaston 10mg for sale at give away price

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulvine83: 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
TwinHeart:

You can send me an email at lagoscouchpotato@gmail.com
He says the endometrioma is small and will not affect oocyte collection so there's no need for aspiration or removal.
Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2023
nnemak:
The procedures will end with a successful birth for us all.

Amen! Thank you sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lilianngozi(f): 5:55am On Jan 21, 2023
HEISGOD:
Good morning my fruitful mamas, I have been disturbed within me to drop this here, I believe it might be of help to a particular mama
congratulations, smooth journey.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nikkytwiny: 7:14am On Jan 21, 2023
Thank you TwinHeart. I sent an email already . Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2023
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by formidablefunmi(f): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
Please mothers help interpret and give your advice

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
formidablefunmi:

What sample is this?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejima4: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2023
Please mothers my ivf clinic is requesting for I'd card of hubby and I, is it normal? This is my first and last ivf, please I want a reply thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Thehomemaker(f): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2023
That's weird, never heard or been asked of this. I'm assuming your husband goes with you to the clinic appointment so I don't see the need for it but ask them what they need it for. All the best sis!

Mamaejima4:
Please mothers my ivf clinic is requesting for I'd card of hubby and I, is it normal? This is my first and last ivf, please I want a reply thanks

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by formidablefunmi(f): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=TwinHeart post=120408695]

What sample is this? Urine and swab
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bimkas(f): 11:54pm On Jan 27, 2023
Good evening,
Pls can I use evergreen mom to be , egg booster, vitamin E and omega 3 all together
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Freshtwins: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2023
Tutu82:

Glad he said a bit better as it’s on individual basis and every woman,s journey is different.

For women that had say hyper stimulation,heavy bleeding after collection or such complications the body needs some days to recover hence some Drs would suggest frozen.

A minus is that in FET there is the posibility your eggs might not survive the thawing process.

I understand too well the headache of travelling across continents and tickets as i had most of my treatments in Nigeria but weight the sacrifice and the reward involved it’s worth it…Hopes this helps and good luck.

**** Thanks for your reply. I took time off to recuperate. Going to Nigeria soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Freshtwins: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2023
formidablefunmi:

It may mean you have some bacterial infection. The ++++ (plus signs) means that those medication can be used the kill the bacteria…..The Lab might also need to refer you to a hospital/doctor for prescription.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Freshtwins: 11:44am On Jan 28, 2023
Blendy77:

Depending on the clinic you are using. For Primecare I noticed they have better results with frozen embies. The clinic I used frozen never worked for me even with surrogate so it depends.

Thanks for your reply. I’m also using primecare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.